Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #16
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianheather View Post
Ok, there is a sparkly bead with the blue Mickey head where did you get this... I must have it LOL
That's a new bead that came out in January. It also comes in pink and black. You can get it where ever Chamilia beads are sold.

I think Chamilia should hire me to do some pr for them.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #17
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianheather View Post
Ok, there is a sparkly bead with the blue Mickey head where did you get this... I must have it LOL
While I liked my bracelet before...... this bead made me love it
Expensive for one bead... you bet... $135 but it makes such an impact!

Love the "pixie dust" bead - I'll have my eye out for that one. DF and I were out of town this weekend and really hoped to find a store that sold the Chamilia beads but ended up disappointed - the Pandora beads are everywhere around here
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2011, 07:06 AM   #18
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
While I liked my bracelet before...... this bead made me love it
Expensive for one bead... you bet... $135 but it makes such an impact!

Love the "pixie dust" bead - I'll have my eye out for that one. DF and I were out of town this weekend and really hoped to find a store that sold the Chamilia beads but ended up disappointed - the Pandora beads are everywhere around here
Do you have any pics? I would love to see your bracelet.

Sorry you were disapointed this weekend. The Chamilia web site has a store finder. Just beware... that site is dangerous for us addicts!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:26 AM   #19
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Do you have any good necklace ideas for the beads? I'd love to see some!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #20
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
Do you have any good necklace ideas for the beads? I'd love to see some!
I haven't tried any on a necklace yet. I would like to though. There was a pretty necklace on the Dooney thread a few days ago. Here's a link to the page. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....641483&page=68

Here's another bracelet.

Last edited by HockeyMomNH; 03-18-2011 at 08:46 PM.
HockeyMomNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #21
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Just a bump... anyone with pics to share?
Old 04-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #22
RatherBeWithMickey
Mouseketeer

Another bump. I'm terrible at posting pictures, so I won't subject you to that! But I do love my Chamilia bracelet and bangle. And want to give a public thanks to tinkerbellmom31 for leading me to my new castle bead. Bought the Chamilia brand bracelet because they have Disney charms, but never was too crazy about the castle charm and did not buy it. Saw a neat castle charm posted on a bracelet by tinkerbellmom31. It's by OHM (fairytale castle), and reminds me of what a Disney castle charm should look like. I love it. And it fits my bracelet just fine. For all you DCL fans, I was told on my last cruise that there should be cruise ship charms coming sometime this year. The CM didn't remember if they were "ship-specific", or if it was a generic DCL charm. I have the Chamilia cruise ship, but would love to have a Disney one, so I'm hoping they are in the shops by my September cruise.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #23
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherBeWithMickey View Post
Another bump. I'm terrible at posting pictures, so I won't subject you to that! But I do love my Chamilia bracelet and bangle. And want to give a public thanks to tinkerbellmom31 for leading me to my new castle bead. Bought the Chamilia brand bracelet because they have Disney charms, but never was too crazy about the castle charm and did not buy it. Saw a neat castle charm posted on a bracelet by tinkerbellmom31. It's by OHM (fairytale castle), and reminds me of what a Disney castle charm should look like. I love it. And it fits my bracelet just fine. For all you DCL fans, I was told on my last cruise that there should be cruise ship charms coming sometime this year. The CM didn't remember if they were "ship-specific", or if it was a generic DCL charm. I have the Chamilia cruise ship, but would love to have a Disney one, so I'm hoping they are in the shops by my September cruise.
Ooh, a DCL bead would be very cool!

I saw that castle bead too and thought it was really cute. Much nicer than the Chamilia one.

I got this new leather bracelet for this one last week. It's actually a Pandora bracelet. I like the color better with these beads. Plus, the other pink bracelet that I have usually holds my kid's birthstone beads.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #24
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

I just have a few questions...because of the expense of some of the beads, do you use the same ones in different designs (i.e. take the Mickey head from the braclette and put it in a necklace, and then switch back again)? Also, regarding the silver beads...do they tarnish or get dull? If they do, are they just silver plated and eventually wear down, or are they solid, so you can restore the original beauty? Just a few questions because I'd like to order a few online, but I don't want to invest in them if they lose their luster quickly. Thank you!!

Old 04-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #25
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

I love, love,love my Chamilia bracelet....my DH got me one this past christmas and he buys me a new bead each holiday. Mine is isn't just Disney, there are other beads that have special meanings to him and me

It is a work in progress

After I fill this one up, I am going to start a new one specifically Disney!!

ClaraBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #26
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just have a few questions...because of the expense of some of the beads, do you use the same ones in different designs (i.e. take the Mickey head from the braclette and put it in a necklace, and then switch back again)? Also, regarding the silver beads...do they tarnish or get dull? If they do, are they just silver plated and eventually wear down, or are they solid, so you can restore the original beauty? Just a few questions because I'd like to order a few online, but I don't want to invest in them if they lose their luster quickly. Thank you!!
I'm too lazy to switch my charms out so I just leave them on my bracelet, but I think most people would do that and not have duplicates for a bracelet and necklace. I've had my bracelet well over a year and I haven't had any problems with my Chamilia charms tarnishing or getting dull. But these are actual Chamilia charms. I have no idea about non-Chamilia.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #27
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoreland View Post
I'm too lazy to switch my charms out so I just leave them on my bracelet, but I think most people would do that and not have duplicates for a bracelet and necklace. I've had my bracelet well over a year and I haven't had any problems with my Chamilia charms tarnishing or getting dull. But these are actual Chamilia charms. I have no idea about non-Chamilia.
Thanks for the info!! I just had to buy a few charms last night. They have new cop one (Protect and Serve) that will be cool, as I work in law enforcement. Then I found a few of the discontinued swirly Mickey heads. I can see an addiction coming on!

Old 04-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #28
RatherBeWithMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for the info!! I just had to buy a few charms last night. They have new cop one (Protect and Serve) that will be cool, as I work in law enforcement. Then I found a few of the discontinued swirly Mickey heads. I can see an addiction coming on!
Just a warning/observation regarding discontinued charms. Some websites/stores use the fact that they are discontinued to really jack up the prices on them (as much as double). But if you search a little, many other sites do NOT do this and offer discontinued styles at regular prices. It pays to shop around a little. I'm willing to pay a little extra for a discontinued charm, but am not willing to be ripped off over it.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #29
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I also switch my charms out sometimes. I like to play with them! My mom has a lot of the glass beads. She says it's like collecting marbles!

I also only have Chamilia beads so far. They are all .925 sterling, and not plated. They do get tarnished, but they clean really easily with the little cloth that they provide.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #30
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomNH View Post
I also switch my charms out sometimes. I like to play with them! My mom has a lot of the glass beads. She says it's like collecting marbles!

I also only have Chamilia beads so far. They are all .925 sterling, and not plated. They do get tarnished, but they clean really easily with the little cloth that they provide.
Thanks for the info! I don't mind paying money for something, as long as I know it's quality (plating rubbing off wouldn't be worth the price!). I would love, love, love the gold tink, but WOW on the price!! I'm assuming it's solid gold.

Quote:
Just a warning/observation regarding discontinued charms. Some websites/stores use the fact that they are discontinued to really jack up the prices on them (as much as double). But if you search a little, many other sites do NOT do this and offer discontinued styles at regular prices. It pays to shop around a little. I'm willing to pay a little extra for a discontinued charm, but am not willing to be ripped off over it.
Thanks for the heads up!! I think it was okay, it wasn't any higher priced than the other charms.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: