Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
sarah-jane
Mouseketeer

How long for the Princess Breakfast

Hello,

I was wondering how long I need to allow for the Princess breakfast at Akershus. We have a 9:30am ADR in mid-May and I was wondering how long I should plan on being at breakfast. We did 9:30am because we are coming from west and it gives our tummies a chance to get accustomed to the time change before a big breakfast. It is just my husband, me, and our four year old daughter who is Princess crazy.

Thanks.

sarah-jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
Faldred
DIS Veteran

The meal itself I'd allow 60-70 minutes if you want to see the princesses and eat. Tack on another 15 minute because they'll almost certainly be running late at check-in.

March 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ( Trip Report -- Dining Report ) -- May 2006: Vacation Village timeshare -- May 2002: Orange Lake timeshare
Faldred is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
shawnh199
Mouseketeer

Check-in is usually the biggest factor in how long it will take you. You are almost certain not to be seated at 9:30am. We have eaten here several times for breakfast and it has never taken longer than an hour. Sometimes, the princesses have come all at once, one right after another. We were out of there in 45 minutes because we had finished our food right before they started coming around to the tables. One time, we waited over 20 minutes just to meet the last princess.

One thing to speed up any character meal (or any meal in general if you want to be somewhere else soon after) is to take care of your check early on in your meal. It can take a while to take care of a check, especially with all the different receipts you have to sign, etc. on the dining plan. It's just one less thing you have to do at the end of your meal. Once you have seen all the characters, finished eating, you are all taken care of - no waiting on your waiter to finish up!

Enjoy the princess breakfast - it's a must do for us on each trip!
shawnh199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
squirrel
DIS Veteran

This restaurant seems to rush you. I have eaten here twice and have found they try and get you out within the hour.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
Snappy in OK
Mouseketeer

I would plan 60 - 70 minutes as someone else mentioned. We did not feel rushed. I felt as though the visits with the princesses was staggered nicely. We wound up waiting around a bit after we finished eating, seeing the princesses, taking care of the bill because our pictures with Belle didn't turn out (I think someone's eyes had been closed). They kept missing up at the table to let us know between restroom breaks with the kiddos & refilling our plates with fruits, etc.

We enjoyed this meal, and we are planning on trying to book it again for our next trip this fall.

Good luck!
Snappy in OK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
akershus, breakfast, princess, time

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: