Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Cruise Name (All will have the date in them)
Disney Magic, Wonder & Dreams on the Fantasy 1 7.69%
Magic, Wonder & Dreams on the Disney Fantasy 2 15.38%
Magical Dreams & Wonder on the Disney Fantasy 5 38.46%
Magical Eastern Caribbean Dreams on the Wonderful Disney Fantasy 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #2896
onecoolpilot
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydisneycruise

We ate lunch before we got off the boat. I don't think Cabanas was serving lunch but the area with Luigi's pizza, wraps, burgers, fruit, etc. was open for lunch. The ice wasn't working for us either, but no problems getting a drink.
We ate at Flo's as well, I'm guessing that it was their normal time to be open. At first, the drink fountains appeared to be down. No ice and the sodas were just syrup and water, no carbonation. After a bit, one of the crew members was able to get the sodas to work, but still no ice. I did not go to the other side to see Bear's glacier though.

onecoolpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #2897
sunshine1259
DIS Veteran

Welcome back, Everyone.

Boy, was that a rock n' rolling g9ood time that we had? I hope that everyone was safe and without injury and that folks made it home safely.

I haven't had a chance yet to catch up on this thread yet, but I for one, had a wonderful time, even that last night. My main concern was for my mother. But as it turned out she was fine, if not just a bit scared. She even managed the flight out without the terrifying fear that she had coming, thanks to the rocky night before.

I don't know what everyone else's thoughts and opinions are, but I think that Disney's 25% discount offer was very generous, gracious and very unexpected. I mean, I know Disney can do some magical things, but I don't believe that have mastered controlling the weather yet.

I want to thank everyone who participated in the Fish Extender Gift Exchange and to thank everyone for the wonderful and thoughtful gifts. There are quite a few creative folks on this thread.

And I would like to apologize for any errors, mistakes or corrections that were made. Some of you were really great about contacting me with the corrections to be made. I just hope that I was able to convey those corrections to those involved in a timely manner.

Finally, it was great meeting those of who I did meet. It is always fun to go around the ship and spot a familiar face.

Now, I will take a moment to catch up.

June 2004, WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, Bahama 3-Day Wonder
Sept 2007, WDW Beach Club Resort, Bahama 3-Day Wonder
Sept 2008, Bahama 4-Day Wonder
Aug 2009, WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Bahama 3-Day Wonder
Oct 2010, WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Magic
Jan 2011, LA Cruise to Nowhere 2-Day Wonder
Aug 2011, Alaska 7-Day Wonder
Sept 2012, Disneyland, Grand Californian Villas, Pixar California Coast Cruise 7-Day Wonder
Oct 20, 2012, WDW Animal Kingdom Villas, Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Fantasy

Numbers 10 and 11, B2B Dec 2013 3/4-Day Dream
sunshine1259 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #2898
gaporee
Mouseketeer

We just got home at 11pm last night! What a long drive. I can't believe I let my DH talk me into driving

Thank you again Brenda for all of your work that went into the FE. We received so much more than we assumed we would. And received awesome items!!

I think we're the only cabin who didn't label who the gifts were from! We were the ones who made the bottle cap magnets, had the small dog tags/zipper pulls, and mickey key rings. We also gave out Runts, Gobstoppers to most cabins.

We for sure had ups and downs before even getting on the ship.
the biggest 'down' was this.

We stayed at Pop Century Thursday night. On Friday around 4pm while in Cocoa Beach we realized we lost our big clear plastic envelope with the luggage tags, port check in form, travel and medical insurance, reservation numbers for hotels etc. We figured the only place it could be is at POP!! I lost it. I mean tears where majorly flowing. Couldn't get an answer from calling Pop Century to see if it was there. We ended up driving all the way back to Pop from Cocoa Beach on the chance it would be there. While at the front counter asking about our lost package, we saw it sitting on the desk behind the front desk. We were thrilled it was there, but the manager said, "Oh, it was there last night", it was left on the counter"

We were very happy to have it back in our hands but while travelling back to Cocoa Beach we found ourselves getting upset. WHY WHY why would they not have contacted our room to let us know it was there. I mean, the POP reservation number was right on front, through the clear plastic you could see the DCL check in form. They could have called our room and let us know it was there and saved us a lot of stress.

My DH wants to call Disney and tell them about what happened.

Another thing that happened right after realizing our info was lost. We checked into Best Western at Cocoa Beach. My kids were sitting on the bed and noticed bugs/ants on the wall. There wasn't a few but quite a bit! We quickly got out of there and checked out. I said I do NOT want another room, plus I was already upset because I knew we had to drive all the way back to Pop Century so I was crying at the time. Girl at the front desk called someone and said "code 5" in room ### She said they were probably "just" sugar ant's"
We ended up staying at Country Inn and Suites and that was much much nicer! We will for sure stay there again!

All Star Movies January 2011
Pop Century October 2011
Disney Fantasy "Hurricane Sandy cruise" October 2012
Pop Century/ Disney World October 2013 before our cruise
Disney Fantasy October 2013
DCL Fantasy Oct 2014

Last edited by gaporee; 10-29-2012 at 08:44 PM.
gaporee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #2899
ValentineJulie
Mouseketeer

I am so glad all of you made it back safely. I hope everyone in my FE group got the message that we had to cancel at the very last minute (Thursday) due to a death in the family. I hope this didn't cause to many problems

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

ValentineJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #2900
sunshine1259
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaporee View Post
We just got home at 11pm last night! What a long drive. I can't believe I let my DH talk me into driving

Thank you again Brenda for all of your work that went into the FE. We received so much more than we assumed we would. And received awesome items!!

I think we're the only cabin who didn't label who the gifts were from! We were the ones who made the bottle cap magnets, had the small dog tags/zipper pulls, and mickey key rings. We also gave out Runts, Gobstoppers to most cabins.

We for sure had ups and downs before even getting on the ship.
the biggest 'down' was this.

We stayed at Pop Century Thursday night. On Friday around 4pm while in Cocoa Beach we realized we lost our big clear plastic envelope with the luggage tags, port check in form, travel and medical insurance, reservation numbers for hotels etc. We figured the only place it could be is at POP!! I lost it. I mean tears where majorly flowing. Couldn't get an answer from calling Pop Century to see if it was there. We ended up driving all the way back to Pop from Cocoa Beach on the chance it would be there. While at the front counter asking about our lost package, we saw it sitting on the desk behind the front desk. We were thrilled it was there, but the manager said, "Oh, it was there last night", it was left on the counter"

We were very happy to have it back in our hands but while travelling back to Cocoa Beach we found ourselves getting upset. WHY WHY why would they not have contacted our room to let us know it was there. I mean, the POP reservation number was right on front, through the clear plastic you could see the DCL check in form. They could have called our room and let us know it was there and saved us a lot of stress.

My DH wants to call Disney and tell them about what happened.

Another thing that happened right after realizing our info was lost. We checked into Best Western at Cocoa Beach. My kids were sitting on the bed and noticed bugs/ants on the wall. There wasn't a few but quite a bit! We quickly got out of there and checked out. I said I do NOT want another room, plus I was already upset because I knew we had to drive all the way back to Pop Century so I was crying at the time. Girl at the front desk called someone and said "code 5" in room ### She said they weren't probably "just" sugar ant's"
We ended up staying at Country Inn and Suites and that was much much nicer! We will for sure stay there again!
Thank you! I am sorry about what happened at Pop but glad that you were able to retrive your belongings. And eww, to bug and ants in Cocoa Beach room. I hope you were refunded your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineJulie View Post
I am so glad all of you made it back safely. I hope everyone in my FE group got the message that we had to cancel at the very last minute (Thursday) due to a death in the family. I hope this didn't cause to many problems

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Julie, I am terribly sorry for your loss. I didn't hear about this until now, but noticed that quite a few others did and were able to help regarding the FE. Don't worry about it. Everyone understands. Hopefully, you will be able to cruise sometime soon.

And a big congratulations to Eva and Von. Von I was at BINGO when you won your prize. I think Jared won that same day and time as well. At least some of us won a few things.

Sept 2012, Disneyland, Grand Californian Villas, Pixar California Coast Cruise 7-Day Wonder

Old 10-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #2901
hammymcgee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I am reading some things that have me puzzled though ... reports of Cabanas not offering a full breakfast and people not being able to find anything to drink ... anyone else have this happen?
We ate at Cabanas around 9:30?? No drinks, no ice, and very limited food choices. There were some waffles but not the typical Cabanas breakfast. Thankfully for me I don't do breakfast but I sure would have loved to have had some coffee or coke after that horrible night! Maybe a little rum to add to it? I asked a crew member (my typical dinner server) for something to drink and they said the machines weren't working but I could go out to the pool area. I did but they were out of ice and carbonation too?? No coffee there either. Oh well. I sure can say the first 5 days were WONDERFUL!!!
hammymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #2902
onecoolwife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammymcgee View Post
We ate at Cabanas around 9:30?? No drinks, no ice, and very limited food choices. There were some waffles but not the typical Cabanas breakfast. Thankfully for me I don't do breakfast but I sure would have loved to have had some coffee or coke after that horrible night! Maybe a little rum to add to it? I asked a crew member (my typical dinner server) for something to drink and they said the machines weren't working but I could go out to the pool area. I did but they were out of ice and carbonation too?? No coffee there either. Oh well. I sure can say the first 5 days were WONDERFUL!!!
We must have been there right before you. We had juice or milk options, no soda and didn't check the coffee since it is to strong for me. Very Limited options, my kid ate a bowl of cereal, her plate had sausage and a hash brown when normally it would be loaded down. The waffles were traditional frozen square ones and were soggy. No fried eggs (I am really picky and do not like moist scrambled), no ham and it just seemed very limited. I saw lots of people with bare plates walking around.

Fortunately they had lunch up on deck 11 because by noon the kiddo was hungry. Again no ice and no carbonation but we made due with water and lemonade. The chocolate chip cookies were so good!
onecoolwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #2903
sunshine1259
DIS Veteran

We too, ate at Cabanas. I had what I considered a full meal. As I didn't get up until almost 9:00 as it was, it had to be closed to 10:00 by the time I ate. Then we adjorned to our stateroom and had a bit of a party and waited there until we were told we could leave the ship.

However, as we waited in line, the girls got hungry again and went to I assume, Flo's/Luigi's and brought back fries, cheeseburgers, chicken tenders and wraps. And they had time to eat it all while waiting in that line.

Except for my concern for my mom and the disembarkation process, I have no complaints about what Disney did or did not do or should have done. They got us all back safely. That was their job under the circumstances. Yes, we endured some pretty rough waters, a tough night, and lack of sleep. But I will take that over even a scraped knee much less anything else.

By the way, my mom, handled this FANTATISCALLY!! I am so proud of her! After that "ride" she said the flight back was nothing. She was terrified to fly, but no longer.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #2904
Mattscott
Earning My Ears

If anyone else was at the 10:30 performance by the Bucket Boys in the Tube, you saw two performers literally giving it their all. Not only did they continue performing, they were amazing!!!

DF and I (proposal at Palo on the cruise...one to remember) stayed in the Europa area right up until the liquor started flying off the shelves...literally.

We had a full buffet breakfast in Enchanted Garden around 8:30 (seemed to be as extenstive as days prior) and a late lunch from Flo's (the chicken bbq pizza did wonders to cure frazzled nerves), so all in all I think Disney did what they could.

Without passing any blame around, I will say it saddened me to see that magnificent ship in the condition we found it in the morning after.

Sorry we didn't get to meet more of you. But those we did meet were fabulous. Hope to see you again.

25% off a honeymoon cruise........who's with us?
Mattscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #2905
sunshine1259
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattscott View Post
If anyone else was at the 10:30 performance by the Bucket Boys in the Tube, you saw two performers literally giving it their all. Not only did they continue performing, they were amazing!!!

DF and I (proposal at Palo on the cruise...one to remember) stayed in the Europa area right up until the liquor started flying off the shelves...literally.

We had a full buffet breakfast in Enchanted Garden around 8:30 (seemed to be as extenstive as days prior) and a late lunch from Flo's (the chicken bbq pizza did wonders to cure frazzled nerves), so all in all I think Disney did what they could.

Without passing any blame around, I will say it saddened me to see that magnificent ship in the condition we found it in the morning after.

Sorry we didn't get to meet more of you. But those we did meet were fabulous. Hope to see you again.

25% off a honeymoon cruise........who's with us?

Sounds good to me!

Old 10-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #2906
MrShiny
DIS Veteran

Just saw a video of that last night on CNN:
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-865019

That looks incredible. I hope there wasn't too much damage. Did the the 10/27 cruise sail?

Next trips:
Disney Fantasy - 25th Anniversary
Sept.-Oct. 2014

COMMON Annual Meeting
Disneyland Hotel April 2015
MrShiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #2907
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShiny View Post
Did the the 10/27 cruise sail?
Yes, around 9pm.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #2908
Renysmom
Just wondering what is going on
Something has to pay for my WDW trips LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammymcgee View Post
We ate at Cabanas as about 8 and it was a full service meal with all drinks. Went back up to Cabanas about 11:30 and while no food we did have sodas and DH had coffee. We went to the starboard side Aft.

WDW Oct 2005--WDW Dec 2006-- WDW Dec 2007--WDW/Wonder Cruise Oct 2008--WDW March 2009--WDW July 2009--WDW Oct 2009 -- Magic Western Cruise Nov 2009--WDW Dec 2009--WDW Aug 2010--WDW/Wonder Cruise Dec 2010--WDW April 2011--WDW Aug 2011--WDW/Dream Oct 2011--WDW Dec 2011--WDW April 2012--Fantasy Eastern Oct 2012-- WDW May 2013 -- Fantasy Western Sept 2014
Renysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #2909
sunshine1259
DIS Veteran

Okay, it's time for a little levity and some fun memories of the cruise.

So, how ironic is it that for Most Original costume, that the "Cast of Gillian's Island" won? I thought that was pretty original and the night itself was just a fun time.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #2910
sssteele
DIS Veteran

We are still in FL enjoying F & W. PA is taking a hit, but couldn't do anything even if we were home.

I'm interested in the shirts. Great idea!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: