Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Cruise Name (All will have the date in them)
Disney Magic, Wonder & Dreams on the Fantasy 1 7.69%
Magic, Wonder & Dreams on the Disney Fantasy 2 15.38%
Magical Dreams & Wonder on the Disney Fantasy 5 38.46%
Magical Eastern Caribbean Dreams on the Wonderful Disney Fantasy 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #2866
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renysmom View Post
We had a blast. Last night was awesome LOL. I would do it all again.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Where was your cabin? It obviously wasn't near mine.
We are fortunate we didn't get injured in the cabin.
I was surprised the announcements didn't recommend kids sleep on floors, secure loose items, etc.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #2867
gaporee
Mouseketeer

We are not home yet. Still another 10 hours to drive tomorrow morning but I wanted to thank everyone who participated in fish extender. My kids loved loved it!!!

All Star Movies January 2011
Pop Century October 2011
Disney Fantasy "Hurricane Sandy cruise" October 2012
Pop Century/ Disney World October 2013 before our cruise
Disney Fantasy October 2013
DCL Fantasy Oct 2014
gaporee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 01:00 AM   #2868
ethanash1
A little bit of Pixie Dust can fix almost anything......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
there is quite a thread on OUR experience on the DCL regular thread,

glad we are all safe - good night!
Yes, I saw this, posted my HO and will NOT be going back. I refuse to lower myself and put people in their place. It saddens me that Disers are down right rude and snarky and pretend to be All Knowing about everything and anything. I can't believe some of the comments. Prepare to get upset of you read through the pages.... And there's also one about our 25% discount. WOW, people start something out of nothing these days. Blasting us for getting a goodwill gesture and saying that we should have gotten nothing. Okay, okay. Really... We didn't ask for it, but people are acting like we put up such a fuss, that DCL was backed into a corner and had no choice. C'mon... Anything thatbDCL does at this point will NOT change some people's opinion, but it was a smart decision on their part to try to salvage some cruisers from never setting foot on a DCL,ship,again. It's going to take me a while....

Glad we're all ok, and hope everyone can put this behind them in their own time.

Port Orleans French Quarter March 2009Disney Magic Western Caribbean March 2010
Disneyland VGC June 2010Disneyland VGC Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
ethanash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:37 AM   #2869
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanash1 View Post
Yes, I saw this, posted my HO and will NOT be going back. I refuse to lower myself and put people in their place. It saddens me that Disers are down right rude and snarky and pretend to be All Knowing about everything and anything. I can't believe some of the comments. Prepare to get upset of you read through the pages.... And there's also one about our 25% discount. WOW, people start something out of nothing these days. Blasting us for getting a goodwill gesture and saying that we should have gotten nothing. Okay, okay. Really... We didn't ask for it, but people are acting like we put up such a fuss, that DCL was backed into a corner and had no choice. C'mon... Anything thatbDCL does at this point will NOT change some people's opinion, but it was a smart decision on their part to try to salvage some cruisers from never setting foot on a DCL,ship,again. It's going to take me a while....

Glad we're all ok, and hope everyone can put this behind them in their own time.
Well said. I concur.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #2870
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

There's only a few people stirring the pot. It's the same 2-3 people over and over. I don't get why the moderators even allow it. I wasn't on the ship but wanted to come over here and read. My heart goes out to you all and I am really glad you are back and safe!

Hopefully you all will post more pics and videos. I can't imagine what it must have been like.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #2871
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
There's only a few people stirring the pot. It's the same 2-3 people over and over. I don't get why the moderators even allow it. I wasn't on the ship but wanted to come over here and read. My heart goes out to you all and I am really glad you are back and safe!

Hopefully you all will post more pics and videos. I can't imagine what it must have been like.
I wasn't on your cruise either, and I was getting super mad at all of the ridiculous posts questioning your experiences.

I am so very sorry you all had to go through that. We sailed in June/July and I found myself in tears reading the first hand accounts. The terror lifts off the pages and through the words.

Sending my support your way.
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #2872
Jenleephoto
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Bear3412;46565623

Perhaps we need to change the shirts to say " Survived the Fall Fantasy"

[I]LOL the same thought had crossed my mind

The one thing that comforted me personally was that she was made in Germany

Yes, indeed. I knew we were safe, state-of-the art ship made in Germany, doesn't get any better than that does it! [/I]

DREAM April 22-25, 2012
FANTASY (Eastern) October 20-27 2012

next up..DREAM November 17, 2013!

Last edited by Jenleephoto; 10-28-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Jenleephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #2873
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanash1 View Post

I agree also, but I did go back today and the moderator and several other supportive disers came on to put those mean posters in their places, I felt better today after reading, but last night it just deeply upset me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
I wasn't on your cruise either, and I was getting super mad at all of the ridiculous posts questioning your experiences.

I am so very sorry you all had to go through that. We sailed in June/July and I found myself in tears reading the first hand accounts. The terror lifts off the pages and through the words.

Sending my support your way.
Thank you!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #2874
lewiskids004
Lookin toward the next cruise!!

[QUOTE=Jenleephoto;46567936]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412;46565623

Perhaps we need to change the shirts to say " Survived the Fall Fantasy":lmao:

[I
LOL the same thought had crossed my mind

The one thing that comforted me personally was that she was made in Germany

Yes, indeed. I knew we were safe, state-of-the art ship made in Germany, doesn't get any better than that does it! [/I]
My husband said the same thing this morning that we should have shirts made that we survived hurricane sandy on the fantasy!!
October 23, 2010 7-day Magic Eastern Caribbean cruise
October 2011 7-day Disney Magic western Caribbean cruise
October 2012 7-day Disney Fantasy runs into Hurricane Sandy Eastern Caribbean cruise
:
lewiskids004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #2875
lewiskids004

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoolwife View Post
It was a long miserable night and so happy to be arriving on dry land soon.
Seeing that you were 2 doors down from us, we probably have the same stories about being on back of the ship-what a crazy night!! Hope you are well rested now that your home!! Does anyone have any info about the next sailing and how it went? How about vibe? I heard there was falling areas of the ceiling so they had to get the kids out of there......?
October 2012 7-day Disney Fantasy runs into Hurricane Sandy Eastern Caribbean cruise
:
Old 10-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #2876
lewiskids004

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
there is quite a thread on OUR experience on the DCL regular thread,

glad we are all safe - good night!
Can I get a link to he site regarding our cruise? Thanks
:
Old 10-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #2877
onecoolpilot
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post
Oh yes! The best part, I almost forgot! For those of you who missed it, Von proposed to me on formal night. It was very romantic, he did a great job! I'm not big on marriage, but I'm big on Von, and I think our family will do well with a marriage under our belts. Hope you all found some magic of your own!
Congratulations again you two!

onecoolpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #2878
onecoolwife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewiskids004 View Post
Seeing that you were 2 doors down from us, we probably have the same stories about being on back of the ship-what a crazy night!! Hope you are well rested now that your home!! Does anyone have any info about the next sailing and how it went? How about vibe? I heard there was falling areas of the ceiling so they had to get the kids out of there......?
I spent a great deal of time checking on my sleeping kiddo. Sam managed to sleep through the entire ride. At one point she was rolling back and forth with her mouth hanging wide open while she slept. I was more scared of flying objects then of the weather. I think the phones next to the bed should be secured down. I avoided looking out the window because then I would have freaked out and really been scared. I was so grateful for once I made her come to the room at 11 instead of 1 so she was not in the kids club or making her way to our room.
onecoolwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #2879
onecoolpilot
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoolwife View Post
I spent a great deal of time checking on my sleeping kiddo. Sam managed to sleep through the entire ride. At one point she was rolling back and forth with her mouth hanging wide open while she slept. I was more scared of flying objects then the weather. I think the phones next to the bed should be secured down. I avoided looking out the window because then I would have freaked out and really been scared. I was so grateful for once I made her come to the room at 11 instead of 1 so she was not in the kids club or making her way to our room.
than

onecoolpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #2880
mrkyyyle
Mouseketeer

Well that was definitely an intense last night for the cruise!

It was pretty rough where we were on deck 12 forward. Pretty much everything but the couch moved around in our room during that 4-5 hour period.

Dining room table fell over, coffee table slid from in front of the TV all the way to the entry door, etc etc.

It didn't really bother me too much but my wife was a bit scared as it kept going on and on.

Was definitely a nice gesture from Disney to give us 25% off on future booking as they didn't really have to do that!

We did end up missing our flight out of MCO due to the delay in getting off the ship unfortunately, and had to rebook on another airline. Glad I bought trip insurance now though!

Overall really enjoyed the trip the last night withstanding!
mrkyyyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: