Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
TweedleDe&TweedleDum
Earning My Ears

Lo and Jo - Retro Style Disney Wedding!! 2013

I'm not going to share all the boring background of me and my fiance. I plan on sharing our Engament story and how we met but im still writting that - I want it to be perfect. Actually I'm too excitted to FINALLY start my very own PJ. Even though we have decided to have our wedding in October of 2013 I have already started planning every thing!

Since we have a while to decide I havent yet decided on which Disney park we will be wed at. I LOVE Disneyland way more than I love Disney World... I'ts smaller and more intimate and more magical to me. Maybe it's Because I have always loved Sleeping Beauty more than Cinderella. Maybe its because it was the first park I ever visited maybe its because being from the midwest I love the california weather. I'm not sure.

But then there's DWorld which is also very fantastic but also is very theme parky to me. But on the up side there's tons more wedding locations than disneyland and the park is larger which will provide more entertainment for my guest. Not to mention Dworld has economy hotels. And we will be paying for airfare and hotel rooms for all of our guest - CRAZY right? but there are only 50 and they are all VERY important to us!

I dont know. But if any of you other DISBrides have any advice on which location they think is better please share!

ANYWAYS
here is my inpiration for our wedding! and I promise to have a park picked by the next post!

TweedleDe&TweedleDum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

Congratulations and welcome to the boards! And, hello from another 2013 bride!

Honestly, I think both castles are quite beautiful and either would make a good back drop for a wedding. It's ok to not have a spot-on theme or location yet. It's early. And, you have plenty of time to change your mind every other day.

I'm looking forward to reading about your plans!
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Congratz on your engagement and welcome to the boards. I have to admit the title of your pj drew me in. I am totally into the vintage thing. Can't wait to follow your journey

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
Bickimook2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

I agree--- I love the whole vintage thing. Have you thought about using any Up elements in your wedding? That movie just seems to lend itself to vintage (and I *love* that movie!)

And WOW you're paying for all of your guests--- that's SO kind of you!!! Hey... can I come too?!?

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

Hello & Welcome! Congratulations on your engagement!!

Can't wait to hear all of your plans!!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
TweedleDe&TweedleDum
Earning My Ears

Some Small Details!!!

MY ring. I have always kind of disliked the way diamonds look. And I'm not a big ring girl. So finding the perfect ring so far is getting a little hard. there are a few that I have found that I really like.

Is it wrong to have a pearl ring instead of a diamond or a gem or the like?
I LOVE pearls. Any who, one MUST I must have is my Fiance's full name (Joseph) engraved into the the inside of the ring.

Also I love love love etsy.com. so far in my short wedding planning i have visited etsy more than any other site. I'm pretty sure everything from my wedding dress to invitations will be come from etsy designers!

So here are the rings that i like

From Etsy Seller HavaLaz

From Etsy Seller Louisagallery!

From Tiffany& Co

From Tiffany& Co

I know they are all super simple which is making my mother VERY upset! haha. I'm first first child to get married and she couldnt be more excited but she doesnt exactly like my modest and simple - DIY - vintage reused - small wedding ideas. In fact the only thing so far we have agreed on is my disney wedding. She believes I should have a large rock to show off and live with forever claiming that when I'm 60 I'll regret my tiny ring. But Jo is okay with it - after all simple means cheaper!

Last edited by TweedleDe&TweedleDum; 02-04-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #7
TweedleDe&TweedleDum
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
I agree--- I love the whole vintage thing. Have you thought about using any Up elements in your wedding? That movie just seems to lend itself to vintage (and I *love* that movie!)

And WOW you're paying for all of your guests--- that's SO kind of you!!! Hey... can I come too?!?

YUP!
we have a pretty small family and we both fear that some members of our family may not be able to afford it. So we have decided to pay for the hotel rooms and air fare for our family. So its really important for us to only spend 12K on our wedding so we can afford it.

Oh and as for UP! yes we have. We are thinking of doing our engagement photos in an UP! themed way. I saw it on the disney wedding blog - another bride had done it and it was SOOOOOOOOOOO darn cute!! I thought about stealing it! I even thought about having a picnic style reception with grape soda and sandwhiches where ever one would be sitting on a blanket outside and we would dance under a tree. There would be balloons EVERYWHERE! But my fiance is not so into it and since im already getting a disney wedding I didn't think I would push it too far.

Last edited by TweedleDe&TweedleDum; 02-03-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #8
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Congrats and welcome!! Can't wait to hear all of your plans! Awesome theme!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #9
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleDe&TweedleDum View Post
Is it wrong to have a pearl ring instead of a diamond or a gem or the like?
NO!!! Pearls are amazing!!!
When I went to Disney last year my fiance let me shuck and get a pearl from the Japan pavilion and I went and had it set as a ring.
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #10
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

your pictures aren't coming up
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

MadilynnsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #11
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

Hello and welcome!

I can't see the pics but I love pearls. I have a "non-traditional" ring, too, a modest diamond and pink sapphire ring from Tiffanys. People always ask me when I'll get my "real" ring because it's not a giant rock. I my ring!!!!! Go with what you want and not what society thinks you need!!

Disneyland has lots of budget hotels off-property but still walking distance to the parks. And with Disneyland there are no room requirements.

However, the wishes weddings start at $10k on weekdays, before tax and tip, so if your budget is $12k it may not work. $12k was our original budget but lucky for us DF's parents offered to help a bit.

Looking forward to reading all your plans! I love vintage as well.
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #12
TweedleDe&TweedleDum
Earning My Ears

2nd try on my rings

Sorry guys! I cant figure out why my pictures arent showing up!
But I am just going to try try again!

Old 02-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #13
TweedleDe&TweedleDum
Earning My Ears

Rings- The Sequel!

HooZaaah!! They work!!!! Next up.... Invitation Planning!!!!

Old 02-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #14
TweedleDe&TweedleDum
Earning My Ears

Invitations and STDs

I feel like a little girl right now planning my wedding. All these ideas but it almost feels too early to act on any of them.
We can't pencil in our date yet with Disney because it's "too early". psshhh!!
I don't feel right buying my dress so early - that would give me two years to change my mind! and I'm too unreliable and fickle I would for sure change my mind at least once! Ughhh!!
I can't even send out my save the dates - after all in two years people could surely lose them right?

Anyways, we think we have decided on an invitation from peekaboo papper design. it's very pretty - not exaclty what our total look of our wedding that we're goong for but very pretty and very elegant!

we will be ordering them tonight! which is exciting! any tips for keeping them crisp and clean untill we send our STD in December of this year?

Old 02-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #15
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to chime in--- I love the first ring!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: