Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
LostTreesWife
Earning My Ears

Smile Copycat Ohana Breakfast

One of our traditions is to make Tonga Toast at home a week or so before we leave to get the family in the Disney mood. I grill ham and pineapple to serve on the side and we make Kona coffee in the french press... but we haven't mastered POG. I think our server at Ohana said it was Passion Fruit - Orange - Guava just, is that right? And has anyone made/found anything similar? Simply Juice puts out a mango juice that is similar, but not quite the same... Thanks, WDW foodies!!

LostTreesWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
Kelsey In Wonderland
It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.

Unfortunately I'm not sure about the POG, but I just wanted to say that is such a great idea! What a perfect way to prep for the World!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

Moved over to the cooking board, hopefully someone can help you out
Old 01-24-2011, 05:16 AM   #4
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

POG is a commercially prepared product that originated in Hawaii, but I do not believe it is available to the general public.

Try mixing 1/3 of each juice together as some people say it's very close.
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:05 AM   #5
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

On another website, they listed some info from Meadow Gold on ordering the POG. The info's from 2008, so I'm not sure if the info is still good.

Quote:
***** From Meadow Gold *****

"At the present time we don’t have a retail distributor in your area; however we do have shelf stable products that are packaged for our institutional food service market. These are great products that taste just like the refrigerated juice, but they are much easier and less expensive to ship as constant refrigeration is not required. Many of our customers who live outside our retail area have tried these products and have liked them so much they have reordered numerous times.

These products are currently sold only by the case. They are a 3:1 concentrate and each case contains six half-gallon cartons. Each carton makes 2 gallons of juice. This is a lot of juice, but if it is kept chilled or frozen, it will last from 6 months to indefinitely.

A case of POG® is $29.00; a case of Guava Nectar is $33.00. Shipping and handling charges are $20.00 for one case, $15.00 for each additional case. The total cost works out to be about $4.00 to $4.42 per gallon - very competitive with the retail price of a tropical juice.

Because of the many requests we have received from loyal tropical juice lovers across the country, we are in the process of developing smaller packages of these same products that would lend themselves more easily to retail use and would be sold over the Internet and by mail order. However, we do not expect the new products to be available for several more months.

At present, for those diehard tropical juice fans, we would be happy to arrange a full case shipment of either our POG® or Guava Nectar shelf stable 3:1 concentrate products. We accept Visa or Master Card for your convenience. All product is shipped FedEx.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance in your quest for high quality, great tasting tropical juices.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us via e-mail or on our toll free line at 888-875-8999.

Aloha"

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: