Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #121
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the job!! Sorry to hear about the shoe dillema, how frustrating. I'm glad to hear that DSW was nice, good customer service is rare these days.

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #122
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

I'm putting out some random updates; some wedding-related, some not so much.

I'll start non-wedding first:
My new job rocks. Not only am I evenly busy, but it's less stressful than my last job. Plus, I'm pretty sure everyone in the office is a Disney fanatic, too.

Kind of wedding related:
DF and I go up to Door County in the fall to celebrate our anniversaries (engagement and dating). We'll actually be up there next weekend to do our engagement photos. We're still formulating all of our props, but the photographer is in for some fun. But, being me, I decided on a whim to try and book a Disney trip (I was actually checking prices to update our wedding budget), and this crazy idea popped into my head: go to Disney.

When DF got home, I said I know we like DC, but I think it would be fun to go to Disney next year instead (DF and I have never gone together). I noted that it would be nice to go once before we made trips stuffed with wedding stress. He asked what it would cost. I got the figures and told him about $2k for two of us for 5days. He said let's do it. W00t!

I was talking to my mom the next day, dropped it into conversation that we were kicking around the idea of going, and she said her and dad would love to come with us. Dad knows the roads from the hotel to all the parks, Downtown Disney, and Boardwalk like the back of his hand. Another plus. And, I won't have to drive.

So, we'll be at Disney next year on our one-year mark. I plan on stopping by Franck's to try and confirm our date. If I have to call back after we leave, oh well, I got in there again.

Also, I will be visiting my parents tonight, so I will be posting Bridal Boat Show pictures either tonight or tomorrow. I hope to start adding in some of the DIYing I've been doing and some of the things I've bought in the next few weeks. So, be prepared for a picture onslaught.
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #123
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Ooh, so much fun and exciting news - a new job filled with Disney fans and a trip to WDW in the works, that's so fantastic!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #124
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

Just a mini-update:

We had our engagement pictures taken!

Both sets.

Yup. We did two.

It's not that we wanted more focus or photos, but we had two locations 250 miles apart that we wanted to use, so we had two sessions with two different photographers.

Our first one was on our annual 'anniversaries' trip to Door County. It was a ton of fun (a little rain, and impromptu leaf fight, and nerf guns). We should see our proofs in a few weeks., but the couple we saw on his camera while we were there were really good.

Our second one was at the park where we actually got engaged. A close friend actually did the shoot, so I've seen several of the photos already. They are amazing.

I will post links as soon as I get them.

In other not-my-wedding related news: my cousin is getting married. Four months before me. Her color is pink. And, she wants peonies. Mom and I have quietly decided not to divulge any more info about my wedding until hers is past (except for booking hotels and flights). Long story NOT for public reading.

The only thing it will likely jumble is our planning session. We were going to go the second weekend in June, and I think that's when she'll aim for. It's not a big deal, since we can't even book flights or anything for it until next year. And, I know by then she'll have a date picked out.

Ciao for now!
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Old 10-25-2011, 01:04 AM   #125
ladyemz
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to see your engagement photos

Shame about your cousin's wedding but as you said, keep all of yours a secret from now, and anyway you can't beat a Disney wedding?! lol xxx

Emma & Scott's Wishes Wedding PJ

DLP - 2008, 2011
WDW - 2011 POR/BLT, 2012 - Offsite villa (March - DFTW Planning!) SSR/GF/DCL/BLT (October - Our wedding and Disneymoon!)
ladyemz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:26 AM   #126
DisneyShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyemz View Post
Can't wait to see your engagement photos

Shame about your cousin's wedding but as you said, keep all of yours a secret from now, and anyway you can't beat a Disney wedding?! lol xxx
That's what I said after mom and I wondered if that's what she was trying to pull. Either way, being sneaky or just developing a sudden love for pink and peonies, I get a castle. And, two very awesome mice.

Another thing, too, that puts me at ease is how different our styles are. She's pretty trendy and sophisticated with clothing and decorating, so I expect her wedding to be a careful selection of everything 'in style' at the time. I love victorian and am DIYing a lot of my decor because it's hard to find. She's also never been one to like a lot of frill and lace. And a pile of sparkly lace is pretty much what my dress looks like.

Last edited by DisneyShamrock; 10-25-2011 at 05:35 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #127
DisneyShamrock

I just had to share a quick little story, that I can't believe I didn't share before.

DF kind of bought himself an engagement ring. Let me explain:

We went to the Renaissance Faire over the summer, and DF made the comment that he wanted to get a 'practice' ring so he could get used to wearing one. Mind you, our wedding still slightly over two years away. I thought it was cute, so I helped him pick one out. And, I ended up buying myself another crown, too.

He got a spinner ring, which is great because we both fidget a lot. He wore it to work for almost two weeks before he stopped because the customers were questioning when he got married and giving him funny looks when he said he wasn't yet.

When we went on our anniversarry trip a few weeks ago, he wore it the whole time. In fact, he almost forgot to take it off when we were taking our engagement photos. Just a little story to share.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:53 PM   #128
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Awww! That's so cute. I wish Chris would want that....but yeah. With the AF, He's not going to be able to wear it to work anyway. yippie for ringless guys!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:00 AM   #129
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

That is SUCH a sweet story about your DF! So cute.

And I'm so sorry about your cousin; that's SO lame. (But PS I also love EVERYTHING Victorian too! :D)

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:10 AM   #130
DisneyShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
That is SUCH a sweet story about your DF! So cute.

And I'm so sorry about your cousin; that's SO lame. (But PS I also love EVERYTHING Victorian too! :D)
The more I think about it, the more I think she would really have to go out of her way to try and replicate anything other than color. I'm quite interested to see what all she'll pick, though. None of my friends have ever really used a trend for their weddings, and I kind of want to witness a magazine-like wedding.

Yay for Victorian!

Old 10-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #131
DisneyShamrock

Ok, ladies, the first set of our engagement photos are up! These are the ones in our park that our friend took.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AZNWbhu2aMWbs4

Enjoy!

I also updated the links in my first posts for easy access.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #132
DisneyShamrock

11/7/2011

Okay, first things first: we're (if all things work out) getting married TWO YEARS FROM TODAY!!!

That was literally the first thing I thought of when I got out of bed this morning. I went to another bridal show with my parents yesterday. It was ok, an excuse to go to another one, but I really didn't get that much out of it. It was nice to get to talk to a couple of the same vendors I had seen at other shows, but I got a price shock.

I found this really awesome jewelry place that can do custom wedding bands. I had considered this originally, but price kept me from doing it. I actually purchased my wedding band last December from Walmart. It was the closet thing I could find to what I dreamed about that didn't break the bank. The guy at the show was really nice, he drooled over my e-ring, and sketched me an idea in 30 seconds. I LOVED it. I asked about the price thinking $500-600 as there are only four .03 ct diamonds. $1,200. I about passed out. I really liked his idea, but not for that price. I'll take my Walmart ring, thank you. He's supposed to be touching base with me later this week, but I'm going to politely tell him I can't afford that.

I also got to do some shopping with mom and dad after the show. (Slight backward jump: DF randomly brought up the budget and guest list on Saturday, all on his own, while we were at dinner. He was complete fine with the current budget. Our guest list, however, basically doubled.) I was looking for invites for the at-home because there was no way I am printing, cutting, and accenting 200 invitations. 100, I can handle, but not 200. I've been looking for months for anything I even remotely liked in the print-your-own to no avail. We went into Party City, and it was love at first sight. Cue the down side: the computer said they had 3 boxes (I need 4), but we only found one. Thank you internet, they are available in every other Part City around me. I'm going to pick up the 3 other boxes next weekend. If all else fails, I can buy them from the web site. I have the same situation with the favor boxes I got for at-home candy buffet as they were a Walmart close-out, but two other Walmarts within an hours' drive have them.

The guest list also presented us with a space question. The room we originally picked was for 100 or less. When the guest list jumped, we decided to go with a bigger room at the same place. It was still half the cost of anywhere else we looked. I was reading more about the 175-person room last night, and it's stair access only. My first though was about my grandparents trying to walk down the stairs as neither of them move very well. I had a panic moment, and then remembered they won't even be there as they will be in the Tropics on their yearly warm vacation. I love it when problems solve themselves.

I think, now that I'm at the two-year mark, I can make a to-do list for the next year:
- finish the carriage & gazebo
- keep working on the guest book
- figure out bridesmaid's gifts
- find a cheaper, but still good, DJ
- decide on table decor for at-home
- keep working on the guest list
- keep posting pictures and updates on the DIS
- keep growing the savings
- keep calm and wait another year

I will post pictures of the carriage and gazebo as soon as I get them done. I also still have to do pictures of the cake knife and server, the favor boxes, the at-home invites, the wedding invites, the dress when it comes in (and dress shopping in general), the centerpieces when I get them done, the bouquets and bouts and corsages when I get them done, and a whole mess of other things I just remembered I already have.

Boy, do I have some updating to do in the next year before I can even book. Look forward to many--some photo-heavy, some long, and some both--posts from me.

243 days until we can 'pencil'
361 days until our first Disney vacation together
366 days until we can confirm our date
731 days until we get married

This is going to be a long year.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #133
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyShamrock View Post

243 days until we can 'pencil'
361 days until our first Disney vacation together
366 days until we can confirm our date
731 days until we get married

This is going to be a long year.
I love this!

Don't worry, time will fly!

Are you really 133 days after us?
Old 11-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #134
DisneyShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
I love this!

Don't worry, time will fly!

Are you really 133 days after us?
Yeah, we are.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #135
DisneyShamrock

Just a random little wedding-related side-note:

It was kind of an accident, but over the weekend, I let it slip to my mom that I wanted a big tiered wedding cake with staircases for our at-home reception. I had been keeping it quiet because I figured she would think it was ridiculous. It might have had something to do with us being at a bridal show (or that she loves weddings--especially the cakes--or that I'm her little girl), but she was all for it. I didn't even have to tell her it was the cake I'd dreamed of since I was little.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: