Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #91
mjshorses
Fezzik: Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by acid, or something like that? Man in Black: Oh no, it's just that they're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future. --The Princess Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyShamrock View Post
That's always DF's opinion, bless his heart. He even bought me a WiiFit last year for Christmas to help.

My goal is only 25lbs, or just enough to get people to quit asking me when I'm due. Genetic curse of the family; all women gain in their tummies.
Oh my gosh! I have the same problem with the weight gain in the belly and so I always get the "when are you due?" and I need to lose the same amount of weight too around 25lbs. I'm getting into crunch time and I still haven't found my motivation. W-T-H?!? HAHAHA. I'm sure i"ll kick myself into gear soon enough.

Oh and as for waiting, I remember when I was as far out as you and I know it seems like a really long time but it does go fairly quickly.

Go ahead and start those DIY project, later on you'll be glad you did because then you won't have to rush and stress when you have a million things to do and no time to do them in
Old 06-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #92
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

STDs and Weight Woes

I've been trying to get back into the habit of exercising every morning, but it's not going so well. Here is a taste of my day:

4:30am - alarm goes off...snooze...
5:00am - get out of bed, wake-up, make coffee, shower, eat breakfast, check e-mail, get dressed
6:30am - drive to work
7:45am - work
4:30pm - drive home from work
6:00pm - dinner and tv
7:00pm - dishes, laundry, check e-mail, call mom, put on pajamas
9:00pm - bed time

It seems like I should have time somewhere to work out for 30 minutes, but it's just not happening. I probably shouldn't snooze the alarm . . . Oh well.

I need some motivation. Until I find some weight-loss motivation, I did have a stroke of creativity for our Save the Dates!

Front:

Back:

The only differences are that the text on the front is going to be in the same pink as the back, the pink text of the back will be in the Disney font, and we'll have our favorite engagement picture in the white box on the back. I also need to make the pink a little darker so you can read it better.

I printed a mock yesterday to show to DF, and he really liked it. I was going to print them on cardstock on our printer at home, but if I can get a groupon or livingsocial deal before next October, I may go that route instead.

Speaking of engagement pictures, we're going on vacation in October, and we've booked and anniversary/engagement session with a great local photographer. We're still going to have our friend take our official engagement photos next fall (or this one, weather and time permitting), but we wanted to have a back-up plan.
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #93
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

First off, I love the STDs! So cute!

Second--- don't worry so much about losing weight! Just try to get healthy. You do, after all, have plenty of time. I wanted to lose some weight, but then I bought my dress, and now I don't want to lose because I don't want to do a ton of alterations! So I'm just trying to exercise and be healthy. And I do NOT blame you for not getting up in the morning and exercising--- 4:30 is EARLY!!!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #94
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

I couldn't find time to exersize so I combined my TV watching and exersizing. I bought a stepper for $40 and I do that while watching TV (usually my daily episode of SYTTD) for 30 minutes a day. By doing that and using a free calorie tracker on my iphone, I lost 10 pounds before my cruise. But I agree with the AP - it's not just about losing weight, but how you feel.

Check out Vistaprint. You could get those super cute STDs printed on the cheap. I just ordered our STD magnets through them and they came out great.
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #95
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

A Little Motivation

So, I just found myself a bit of motivation to at least exercise and try to start losing a bit of weight . . .

I'm ordering my dress on July 16th!

I just got off the phone with the shop, and I have decided to meet my mom there (we both have to drive since I moved) and buy my baby.

If I can trim a pound or two by then: awesome. If not: oh well. At least it can be my reminder to myself to not snooze from 4:30-5:00am.
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Old 06-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #96
Ellie_N_Carl
Earning My Ears

Just joining in ...

I am so impressed with your planning and how much you have done already. I thought I was a head but no... in reality I am not! LOL...

Congrats on the weight lose! I am in the weight lose boat too... If you are looking to continue to loose weight and need a little help i have a little suggestion that has helped me. This will only work if you have smart phone. The application is called Noom and it is WONDERFUL.

You tell it how much you want to loose, and it tells you how many calories you can eat a day and how much exercising you need to do every week. You log your food (they make it simple, similar to weight watchers but without points) and you log your exercising. Its fun and helps keep you focused on it. Oh and the best part... ITS FREE!

Okay that is all from me for now.. wait no... I think your STDs are adorable. And I LOVE your ring! Power to the colored center stone girls! ;-)

My Wedding Planning Journal: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2726621

Ellie_N_Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #97
DisneyShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie_N_Carl View Post
Just joining in ...

I am so impressed with your planning and how much you have done already. I thought I was a head but no... in reality I am not! LOL...

Congrats on the weight lose! I am in the weight lose boat too... If you are looking to continue to loose weight and need a little help i have a little suggestion that has helped me. This will only work if you have smart phone. The application is called Noom and it is WONDERFUL.

You tell it how much you want to loose, and it tells you how many calories you can eat a day and how much exercising you need to do every week. You log your food (they make it simple, similar to weight watchers but without points) and you log your exercising. Its fun and helps keep you focused on it. Oh and the best part... ITS FREE!

Okay that is all from me for now.. wait no... I think your STDs are adorable. And I LOVE your ring! Power to the colored center stone girls! ;-)
Thanks for joining!

I am the crazy planner, and I like to have things done early because I HATE last minute rushes....

I actually don't have a smartphone (:gasp!, but I am getting one soon. I may have to check out that app.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #98
DisneyShamrock

Just a quick note:

DF has very simple taste, and he prefers things to be practical, utilitarian, and uncomplicated. Boy, does he have his hands full with me sometimes . . .

I always like to present what I want as a question when I think he won't go with it. He has surprised me many times with agreeing to things that are outside his usual tastes, mainly, a Disney wedding (and, the occasional piece of antique furniture).

Let me just note that I can have a good, reined-in taste when the need arises, but sometimes I just jump head first into the lavish pool. I have always wanted to really be treated like a real princess (not that DF doesn't do a good job), but I want one day where I can supremely pampered and feel like royalty.

DF agreed to stay at the Grand Floridian the night before and night of our wedding. That was step #1 in my master plan to be a princess for a day. Steps #2 and #3 came from some careful planning, research, and 100% from other areas of the DISboards. Mainly, the Grand Floridian sections.

I have never been to a spa, nor have I ever received a massage above DF's always-welcome 15-minute mostly-just-a-hard-back-scratch ones before he falls asleep. I have attempted to go to a professional before, but I always save the money for something else (the same goes with a manicure and pedicure, but those will happen when I need some super-de-stressing some time soon).

I got this brilliant plan to have a couple's massage at the GF spa the day after our wedding. We already decided to just lounge about that day and simply enjoy each other's company. I thought this would be perfect. I find the site, scroll down, and . . . *gasp* . . . $275 for 50 minutes. Take a deep breath and write it down.

Then, I thought, ok let's eat at Victoria and Albert's for dinner that night. It would be the most expensive place we have and ever will eat, and it will likely only happen once. I figured why not the night after we get married? I find the menu, read through the items, have to look some of them up (a successful endeavour thanks to the dining reviews forum), and look at the price . . . $125 per person (not including tax, gratuity, wine/alcohol, or any add-ons). Not as bad at I expected, but still a lot.

I figured $350 for the meal at V&A's plus about $300 for the massage (I like to tip if they let me). So, that's another $650 onto the budget. After having just updated flights, hotel (to add the GF for two nights), car rental, extending the honeymoon by 3 days, and the rise in annual passes (for my parents). That out the total additions for one day to over $5k, bringing the estimated budget up to $33.5k for the whole shebang.

To me, even though I knew it would be high, I was a bit shocked that it would be so much. Especially since we had done some cutting and changing to bring the price down to just over $28k the week before. I honestly thought he would have a heart attack when I approached him about another $650.

I sucked it up and just told him my plan last night. I said I wanted to do something really special the day after the wedding. I told him I wanted to do massages in the afternoon and go to V&A's that night. I showed him the menu and told him the cost. A few moments of silence while he mulled it over . . .

His response: "That sounds like a really special way to celebrate our first day married." He agrees it will be totally worth the cost to do it. He also said it would be really fun to get dressed up and eat in a super-expensive restaurant. I love that man!

Old 06-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #99
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
First off, I love the STDs! So cute!

Second--- don't worry so much about losing weight! Just try to get healthy. You do, after all, have plenty of time. I wanted to lose some weight, but then I bought my dress, and now I don't want to lose because I don't want to do a ton of alterations! So I'm just trying to exercise and be healthy. And I do NOT blame you for not getting up in the morning and exercising--- 4:30 is EARLY!!!
I agree with doombuggy completely. Focus on being healthy and the rest will fall into place. I had the same problem as she as far as buying the dress and trying to avoid crazy alteration charges! Stay positive everything will turn out

Oh and the STDs are amazing they turned out really well

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
Bickimook2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:15 AM   #100
LuluLovesDisney
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!
I guess Rainy Days are definitely a "turn on"!

Quote:

His response: "That sounds like a really special way to celebrate our first day married." He agrees it will be totally worth the cost to do it. He also said it would be really fun to get dressed up and eat in a super-expensive restaurant. I love that man!
Love this!!

All in all, I spent a lot more than I initially thought- not on the wedding, but on incidentals- gifts for the bridal party, planning trip, honeymoon, etc. It was worth every penny. The only things I would change are to add more. There is nothing I regret spending money on from my wedding. I would rather bring lunch from home and make my own coffee in the morning and not have cable or a data plan on my cell phone, etc. than to miss out on something I wanted for my wedding or honeymoon.
LuluLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #101
DisneyShamrock

Ordered the Dress & a Shoe Dilemma

So, let's just start with say that I ordered my dress on Saturday!!!

It should be in by Christmas, which means I will finally get to try it on where it actually zips up (the sample is 6 sizes too small). I won't start fittings for a year at that point, but it's mine, and the shop is storing it for me.

That said, I will be posting pictures of the first and second runner up dresses (as well as the pics I can find of any other dress I tried on in the last two years), just to show you the journey to 'the dress.'

I also now have a shoe dilemma (thank you, DSW ).

I bought theses lovely little babies in March:

I like them a lot. They are comfortable to walk and stand in, they have a slight heel, and they were strappy. The only thing I didn't like was that the ankle strap isn't as solid to the shoe as I had hoped.

Que, this find:

These, I love! They are just as comfortable (if not more so), and the heel is slightly higher. They also look dressier. Only downside: I ordered them a size too small. So, thanks to free exchanges, I'll be sending them back for a size up later this week.

I'm still not 100% sure which ones I'm going with, though I'm leaning toward the second pair.

I also scored a sale on favor boxes at Walmart last week. They had boxes of 50 2x2x2 favor boxes on sale for $14. They're normally $19. And, they were in my color! I bought two, and now I have a damn good excuse to keep the at-home reception guest list to 100.

More posts to come!

Old 07-18-2011, 08:15 AM   #102
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

I seem to be a little behind! I'm all caught up now though!! You will LOVE getting the massage and being pampered! I'm going the second day we arrive before all the guests get there--it'll prime me for family dramatics DF didn't really want to go, instead he wanted to do the Wild Africa Jungle Trek (which I don't want to do) so it should be fun!! Our budget is creeping up too, lol... I've started to cut corners and kind of realize that we should do some special things for us, but we can always come back instead of cramming it all into one trip!!

I love the second pair of shoes!! Very cute.

Did I see that you're going down in November?? Will you be at F/W on the 10th?? We're heading there as soon as we arrive! Maybe we'll see you???
Old 07-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #103
DisneyShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Did I see that you're going down in November?? Will you be at F/W on the 10th?? We're heading there as soon as we arrive! Maybe we'll see you???
I wish!

We're getting married in November now. I don't think I'll be at Disney again until we do our planning session in June 2013. I'm going to try and get DF down there before then, but we might not have the financial capability. Oh well. A girl can dream!

Old 07-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #104
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Oohhh it seems I missed a little too! I've never had a massage, but I think you two will have an absolutely fabulous time. Sure, it's kinddddd of an expensive day (shhhhh) but it will be worth it and, above all, memorable!

I also like the second pair of shoes a lot, and congratulations on ordering your dress!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #105
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wish!

We're getting married in November now. I don't think I'll be at Disney again until we do our planning session in June 2013. I'm going to try and get DF down there before then, but we might not have the financial capability. Oh well. A girl can dream!
i'm losing it... it was someone else... maybe i should go get some coffee don't mind me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: