Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #76
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

Yay for another date!!! So sorry you have to wait that long!! But like you said- it will be less stress in the end with money, and you get to have everyone you care about being able to attend and knowing so far in advance too!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #77
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw33t_angel View Post
Yay for another date!!! So sorry you have to wait that long!! But like you said- it will be less stress in the end with money, and you get to have everyone you care about being able to attend and knowing so far in advance too!
Another plus: the sun rises at 6:50am that time of year, so all the MK bridal shoot photos will be in daylight.
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #78
Disney Bride To Be
Earning My Ears

Yahoooo for another date. I know how it can be trying to please everyone with a date that works... i've been dealing with that as well. (=

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ----Walt Disney
Disney Bride To Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #79
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

Holy bananas, it's been almost a month since I've posted in here.

Chalk that up to being so far away...

Life also tends to get in the way a little bit....I graduate in 18 days so it's crunch time for projects and exams, and we're moving at the end of May, like on my birthday....sadly, no big girl job yet, but my resume is done and I'll be applying to places as soon as I have time to interview.

Not much to report on the wedding front. One of my friends (who is also getting a Casablanca dress) got called by her store saying they weren't going to carry the style anymore. Seeing that made me panic (her dress and mine are from the same season) because my store might quit carrying my dress. I called them instantly, and two different girls (my consultant and the owner's mom) both assured me the dress was still there and wasn't going anywhere any time soon.

After that little rush, I called my mom and explained the situation. I'm scared the store will stop carrying the style before I hit the 12-month mark. I also don't want to have it hanging around in a closet for that long. Turns out (because I thought to ask while I had them on the phone) my shop will store the dress until it's time for fittings at NO charge. They even said they already had a few 2013 dresses down there....Mom and I talked it over, she agreed with my desire to jump the gun, and I'm going to go ahead an order my dress this summer (probably early June) so I don't have to worry about it.

I likely won't post pictures of it until it comes time for fittings because I want to lose some more weight first, but I should have time this summer to start on a few DIY projects and make some photo-packed updates.

That's all for now, folks!
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Old 06-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #80
DisneyShamrock

I don't want anyone to think I've abandoned my PJ (and, I'm not even sure anyone is still reading it anyway), it's just that with 13 months before I can even pencil in my date, I don't have anything to report. It's a bit discouraging at times because I really want to start on my DIY projects and planning, but everyone looks at me like I'm crazy.

I got a job (not technically new because my supervisor of the last six years has been promoted and I took over her former position), so the internet for me has become a nights, weekends, and lunch break thing.

I've seen so many wonderful weddings on here that I've been keeping track of since the first few posts of their PJs. I am so excited for all the ladies (and gents), and I fully plan on keeping up with them. I'm just waylaying my own PJ until I have something to report.

I may still be ordering my dress this summer, but after the last few weeks of school and the first few weeks of work, my weight loss has been complete negated. I don't want to order it until I lose some weight again because I don't want lots of alterations, but I also don't want to risk the dress going out of my store. I am at a loss.

I'm checking out of the fun and back into reality for a while. Enjoy the bliss folks!

Old 06-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #81
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

i was wondering when we'd see an update

i understand how it feels to have to wait... i don't like it trust me, when you start to try to let it go... time moves quick!! i'm feeling the same way about you with weight and ordering a dress. it's a tough situation! i would go ahead and order it and have it altered later
Old 06-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #82
DisneyShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
i was wondering when we'd see an update

i understand how it feels to have to wait... i don't like it trust me, when you start to try to let it go... time moves quick!! i'm feeling the same way about you with weight and ordering a dress. it's a tough situation! i would go ahead and order it and have it altered later
At least I still have an audience of one.

I just started back on my exercise plan yesterday (30 minutes a morning), and only made it through ten before I thought I was going to pass out. That's spending two weeks straight eating anything and everything I wanted (thanks to graduation, Memorial Day, and my birthday). I made it 18 minutes this morning. Hopefully, I can keep this up.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #83
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Good luck with the weight loss--- but you'll look beautiful on your wedding day no matter what!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #84
DisneyShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
Good luck with the weight loss--- but you'll look beautiful on your wedding day no matter what!
That's always DF's opinion, bless his heart. He even bought me a WiiFit last year for Christmas to help.

My goal is only 25lbs, or just enough to get people to quit asking me when I'm due. Genetic curse of the family; all women gain in their tummies.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #85
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Good luck with the weight loss! You will look beautiful regardless!
And I started my "wedding diet" June 1st. They are no fun! And I'm so lazy, I really dislike working out!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #86
LuluLovesDisney
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!
I guess Rainy Days are definitely a "turn on"!

I just caught up with your PJ and I think everything looks great. It really seems unique and personal which is what a wedding should be! I know you had some issues with your date but I think Nov. 7 is a great wedding date-- we'll share an anniversary!
LuluLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #87
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Ugh, the dreaded wedding diet. I just started couting calories myself. I'm loving the fatsecret calorie counting app (on my droid), it lets me scan barcodes of the foods I eat and many have their calories already programmed in. It makes calorie counting easy and since I loathe excercise calorie counting is my only option!

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #88
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I hate that feeling when you want to plan and get things going but you really can't… hopefully things will pick up soon. Congrats on the new job and good luck with your weight loss goals. It is really helpful to have a supportive DH (which it sounds like yours is!) my DH is always there telling me how great I look, no matter how I feel about myself lol

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #89
DisneyShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post
Good luck with the weight loss! You will look beautiful regardless!
And I started my "wedding diet" June 1st. They are no fun! And I'm so lazy, I really dislike working out!
I started mine super early because I knew I would cheat. I figured the worst that could happen was that I was more faithful that projected and lost more weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluLovesDisney View Post
I just caught up with your PJ and I think everything looks great. It really seems unique and personal which is what a wedding should be! I know you had some issues with your date but I think Nov. 7 is a great wedding date-- we'll share an anniversary!
I have to check out your PJ now. I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to anything wedding (hence why I'm usually on decorating crew for friends' weddings). I know exactly what I want.

I also like stalking the PJs of weddings when I want mine. It gives me a great idea of what my photos will look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Ugh, the dreaded wedding diet. I just started couting calories myself. I'm loving the fatsecret calorie counting app (on my droid), it lets me scan barcodes of the foods I eat and many have their calories already programmed in. It makes calorie counting easy and since I loathe excercise calorie counting is my only option!
I attempted counting calories, and I gave up after a few days. I went the easier, longer-time-to-reach-the-goal route of just controlling portion size and eating more fruits and vegies. Good luck with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I hate that feeling when you want to plan and get things going but you really can't… hopefully things will pick up soon. Congrats on the new job and good luck with your weight loss goals. It is really helpful to have a supportive DH (which it sounds like yours is!) my DH is always there telling me how great I look, no matter how I feel about myself lol
He always comments on how good he thinks I look in something, even if I think I look horrid. He's great for the self-esteem.

Thanks ladies. It's nice to know I have so many people who can relate. And, people still following. I'll be sure to keep you all updated when things start to happen.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #90
DisneyShamrock

I'm having one of those daunting days with the budget. I just recalculated flight, car rental, and hotel costs since those have gone up since I did our last budget in January. It increased the budget by about $2k!

We also currently have about 10% of the money saved, a.k.a. enough to cover the deposit. This is why I'm glad I have so long to save. DF and I could never make it in short notice. Granted, the budget for the whole shebang is slightly less than one year of take-home pay for him, we have bills, too. Thank god for time.

Oh, financial woes. I'm glad mine are more comfortable than most of the people I know.

DF and I also had a conversation about health insurance (dun dun duuuun). My position I have is only temporary, so I don't get benefits. I can only stay on my parent's until next May when I turn 26. And, I can't go on his health insurance unless we're legally married. So, I am faced with high premiums (I have a few pre-existing conditions with expensive meds).

His solution (bless his heart), was to get a marriage certificate so I can get on his insurance because they cover almost everything under the sun. He made me smile, and I calmly explained that that would make it a vow renewal instead of a wedding and I didn't want a courthouse ceremony. I also brought out my feelings about having two weddings and how my family would likely bail if it was ceremony #2. He got my angle, and then (as he always does) said he would help pay for it if I couldn't do it myself. He's such an angel.

As the situation stands, I'm going to approach them about making me permanent, or applying for the position if it comes to it. If it won't work by April, I'm going to have to look elsewhere for work. I'd rather not leave because i know everything and almost everything, but I have to do what's best for me.

Don't mind the babbles. I just wanted to get that out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: