Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #31
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

Hair

Don't ever let anyone tell you obsessions never pay off.

Thanks to massive amounts of snow, a VCR, my digital camera, and the most patience I've ever had, I got photos of the hairstyle I want to have for my wedding.

I originally wanted something like this:

Thanks to the snow, I was watching movies last night, and it hit me. The perfect wedding hairstyle for me: Buttercup's from her wedding. I thought this over when I couldn't sleep last night (DF stayed at work because the roads were so bad), and I decided that the hair from her wedding wouldn't work with my veil. But, the hair she has in the scene where she calls Humperdinck a coward would.

After scouring the internet for hours last night, I came to the conclusion that there were no good pictures of the hair style I wanted on the internet. Brilliance struck me when I was working out this morning: take pictures myself.

It was an excuse to watch the movie again, too. I grabbed my camera, my breakfast, and sat down to enjoy the movie again. It took almost an hour (and over 30 pictures), but I got good shots of her hair from every angle.

The only thing I want different are curls at the bottom instead of just waves. I'm super happy because I'll also be able to almost repeat it for my at-home reception!

Side note: watching that scene in slow-motion is hilarious.
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #32
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

I love it!!
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #33
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

My Estimated Budget @ 2 years 8 months

DF and I made the choice as soon as we decided on Disney to pay for everything ourselves. I'm sure there will be things that my parents, grandparents, and his mom might help with, but for the most part it will be just us 'footing the bill.'

We made this choice for a few mains reasons: 1) everyone has to travel, 2) we want to be responsible adults, and 3) we didn't want to have to fight with a parent/grandparent because we want something they don't like/want/think is necessary.

Obviously, because we're not even penciled in yet, I haven't gotten a BEO from Disney yet. But, being the uber planner that I am (and thanks to Carrie's book), I have done a current estimated budget for all our wedding events. Some prices are exact because I have already made some purchases, some are estimates from current Disney pricing/fees/taxes, and others are just plain guesses. It's good for me to see the numbers all laid out, and it just might have the remote chance to help another bride out there.

Planning Session (my parents are coming with)
APs for mom and dad....$1,062.88
Car rental...................$210.00
Flights........................$1,400.00
Food..........................$240.00
Hotel.........................$270.00

Cost: $3,182.88

Disney Fairy Tale Wedding (approx. 28 ppl. including us)
Bar Tender.....................$106.50
BOC Bar.........................$1,206.18
Cake.............................$773.19
Chair Covers/Sashes........$226.31
Characters Appearance.....$1,739.68
iPod Set-up....................$322.16
MK Photo Shoot..............$1,100.00
Pavilion Site Rental..........$3,195.00
Photography Package.......$3,650.00
Reception Meal...............$2,255.14 (guessing $70 pp.)
Table Covers..................$159.75
Vendor Meals..................$77.32 (two photographers)

Cost: $14,811.23

Attire, Accessories, and Extras
Bridal Lingerie..........$29.06
Bridal Slip...............$75.00
Wedding Dress.........$1,230.00 (includes alterations and fitting fees)
Shoes.....................$110.00
Cake Topper............$69.96 (bought on eBay)
Car Rental...............$375.00
Flights....................$700.00
Fl Marriage License....$93.50
Flowers...................$500.00 (making with mom and grandma)
Food.......................$250.00
Hotel......................$1,440.00 (GF for two nights, off-property the rest)
Jewelry...................$15.00
Makeup and Hair........$150.00 (possibly Beauty Speciale)
Officient Fees...........$300.00 (possibly Rev. Jack Day)
Photo Albums............$20.64 (bought at Gordman's)
Rings.......................$550.00
Sand Ceremony.........$15.00 (bought in an antique shop)
Stationary................$75.00 (printing ourselves)
Toasting Flutes.........$4.50 (bought in an antique shop)
Toss Petals..............$45.00 (possibly FlyBoyNaturals.com)
Tux Rental...............$150.00 (Carolyn Allen or Men's Warehouse)
Veil.........................$18.00 (bought in an antique shop)

Cost: $6,215.66

At-Home Reception (approx. 150 ppl.)
Cake....................$350.00 (being made by a friend)
Candy Bar/Favors....$250.00
Centerpieces..........$23.21 (making our own)
DJ........................$737.23
Food.....................$4,440.46 (for food only, cash bar)
Invitations.............$250.00 (printing our own)

Cost: $6,050.90

Total Wedding Budget: $30,260.67

We've already made a list of things that can go (i.e. chair covers) or be lowered (i.e. at-home guest list). Not much else is likely to go because this is already bare-bones for me, and Mickey and Minnie are an absolute must. I cut things out of the original estimated DFTW budget when it was over $30k alone (Cindy's coach, lots of floral and decor, and a string trio will do that).

I've toyed with the idea of hiring outside photographers (the Arndt's, m&d were sold after randomly meeting them), but I'm afraid I'll cut enough that I'll need the extra cost to cover the minimums. And, I'd like the MK shoot to still count under the minimum expenditure. My MOHs DH will most likely be filming for us and shadowing the photographers as much as possible along with my mom.

I knew the over-all number would be big, and this is just an estimate so changes will be made, but it's still a big number for a wedding. All things considered, and some cuts made, I honestly expected it to still be bigger!

Snow days make me productive!
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Last edited by DisneyShamrock; 01-09-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #34
DisneyShamrock

Shoes

I have been having the shoe debate with myself and my mom for months. I really want some type of low heel because DF is fourteen inches taller than me, and I don't want to look like a stocky creampuff in my dress.

My body likes to argue otherwise. I have a bad knee and a bad back, so heels tend to put me in a lot of pain. My genius plan was to get one of two styles from San Antonio Shoe Co because they are super comfortable and don't aggravate my joints. I have tried on the wedge heel in a local store, and just by walking around, they felt really good. My goal is one of these two (both have 1.5 inch heel):

in white, or

in silver.

I really like the style, and I think the silver would look pretty sweet (and be my version of a glass slipper), but I question being able to wear the color enough other places to merit the price. I really like the wedge, too, but I have a bad history with wedges.

My other option would be to buy a new pair of the sandals I currently own in white:

The ones I have are really beat up and should have been retired ages ago, but they're just to comfy to get rid of. All three choices are just about the same price, and these little babies last a really long time, even with everyday wearing.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #35
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyShamrock View Post
Don't ever let anyone tell you obsessions never pay off.

Thanks to massive amounts of snow, a VCR, my digital camera, and the most patience I've ever had, I got photos of the hairstyle I want to have for my wedding.

I originally wanted something like this:

Thanks to the snow, I was watching movies last night, and it hit me. The perfect wedding hairstyle for me: Buttercup's from her wedding. I thought this over when I couldn't sleep last night (DF stayed at work because the roads were so bad), and I decided that the hair from her wedding wouldn't work with my veil. But, the hair she has in the scene where she calls Humperdinck a coward would.

After scouring the internet for hours last night, I came to the conclusion that there were no good pictures of the hair style I wanted on the internet. Brilliance struck me when I was working out this morning: take pictures myself.

It was an excuse to watch the movie again, too. I grabbed my camera, my breakfast, and sat down to enjoy the movie again. It took almost an hour (and over 30 pictures), but I got good shots of her hair from every angle.

The only thing I want different are curls at the bottom instead of just waves. I'm super happy because I'll also be able to almost repeat it for my at-home reception!

Side note: watching that scene in slow-motion is hilarious.
I love this movie!!! You made an awesome choice her hair is lovely in that film. I like the black pair or shoes. They look so comfy

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
Bickimook2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #36
DisneyShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickimook2 View Post
I love this movie!!! You made an awesome choice her hair is lovely in that film. I like the black pair or shoes. They look so comfy
That move is fantastic! I was a Disney girl growing up. I wanted Cindy's ride, Belle's dress, and Ariel's house, but Buttercup got the story (and they guy) I always wanted. Luckily, DF loves it, too, so I can make him watch it with me. There is a group of us who could quote the whole thing . . . and have on occasion . . .

The blacks ones were comfy in the store. I know the third pair is nice for sure. I actually wore my mom's wedding shoes when I tried my dress on last time because they had the same height of heels. I ended up standing in them for almost three hours with only my feet falling asleep. I'm just not sure I want to risk it on my wedding day.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #37
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting your budget. We are struggling with ours as well, as we'd like to pay for the whole thing. $30k is a lot of money but that seems to be the average. If you are paying for it yourself, make sure you are realistic with yourselves because you don't want to start your married life together in massive debt.
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:38 AM   #38
DisneyShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindyjoy View Post
Thanks for posting your budget. We are struggling with ours as well, as we'd like to pay for the whole thing. $30k is a lot of money but that seems to be the average. If you are paying for it yourself, make sure you are realistic with yourselves because you don't want to start your married life together in massive debt.
That's the reason why we started saving as soon as we decided on Disney: we wanted to write checks instead of using credit cards or loans. When I told DF what the whole thing was going to cost, he was like "uh...that's a lot. But, I know we can do it." We put ourselves on a smaller budget and cut out big vacations and dining out to help save more.

Keeping the budget down is also a reason why I have a fair amount of DIY items for both the wedding and the at-home reception. I guestimated my Disney floral expense would be almost as much as the wedding because of all the roses I want and the amount of centerpieces.

We're actually pretty sure we'll be cutting the at-home reception down to 100 guests because it's the minimum for the place we want, and it will save us almost $2k. I know more things will get cut. We already cut the honeymoon from 16 days down to 9.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #39
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have a good plan already.

I love the DIY stuff but I'm so uncreative, lol. I hope I can come up with some stuff to make to cut costs.
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #40
cchrishmartin
Earning My Ears

My mother collected antique cake tops, and one year we took her 70s Wilton cake book. This is where I found the perfect cake. It took a little switch, because the layer is not as I would like them, but a computer and a few hours to change that. Moreover, DF, and my mother loved it, too
cchrishmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #41
DisneyShamrock

Just Married pins!

I was so excited to come home this weekend because I got to open all of my packages (and to see my parents). I got a good chunk of my wedding scrapbook stuff and had time to take pictures of it and what I already to have. And, like a few other super-happy brides on here, got my Just Married buttons!

So excited!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #42
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Yay for the buttons!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #43
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was so excited to come home this weekend because I got to open all of my packages (and to see my parents). I got a good chunk of my wedding scrapbook stuff and had time to take pictures of it and what I already to have. And, like a few other super-happy brides on here, got my Just Married buttons!

So excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post
YAY!!!!!!

This calls for a celebration!!!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #44
DisneyShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw33t_angel
YAY!!!!!!

This calls for a celebration!!!
You two are hilarious. I've been reading your Mr. Creepo and Fab 5 notes and laughing so hard it makes my sides hurt.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #45
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Quote:

So excited!
This calls for some major Mr. Creepo action

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
Bickimook2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: