Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #16
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

I was just thinking to myself, "holy crap, I haven't updated my PJ in almost a week." Of course, class, homework, and realizing a lack of pictures can do that to you. I have most of my ideas written out, I just noticed that I don't have pictures of a lot of things I reference. I have a zillion pictures of the dress, but none of the toasting flutes, my jewelry, my ring, any of the new flowers . . .

Then again, I have far longer to go than all of the other brides and grooms posting their PJs. So, I guess it's just my obsession.

I waited two and a half years to start one of these babies, so I had better be faithful to her and my interested readers (and the lurkers).

I'll be going home next weekend for my dad's birthday, so I'll have to take pictures of the pieces I have thus far (if not for your reading pleasure, but my own piece of mind).

Hopefully, I'll have some time to post ideas for decorating the WP and WHR because I do have snagged photos for those . . .
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #17
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Yay! I can't wait for the updates!
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #18
BriarRose Bride
making my fairy tale wedding dreams come true at the Happiest Place on Earth!

Tammy, I just got caught up on everything. I love that you and Russ are college sweethearts. I agree it is important to finish school so you can focus on your husband and family without any distractions. I love your ring, emeralds are gorgeous!! I love that Russ loves you so much that he teared up when he proposed, that is so romantic!! I agree that the cake is perfect, simplicity, elegance and the topper just makes it complete. So excited to be following along.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #19
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post
Yay! I can't wait for the updates!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose Bride View Post
Tammy, I just got caught up on everything. I love that you and Russ are college sweethearts. I agree it is important to finish school so you can focus on your husband and family without any distractions. I love your ring, emeralds are gorgeous!! I love that Russ loves you so much that he teared up when he proposed, that is so romantic!! I agree that the cake is perfect, simplicity, elegance and the topper just makes it complete. So excited to be following along.
They will be coming as soon as I can get through homework and tear myself away from those darn computer games . . .

And Facebook applications . . . can't forget about those little time-suckers . . .
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Old 01-27-2011, 08:24 AM   #20
Craftydawn
Mouseketeer

I love your story and am following along too.

DH and I are planning to have a VR at WDW probably in 2013 also so it's nice to see others planning so far in advance.
Craftydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #21
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyShamrock View Post
They will be coming as soon as I can get through homework and tear myself away from those darn computer games . . .

And Facebook applications . . . can't forget about those little time-suckers . . .
What computer games do you play? Any consoles?

Haha.... as soon as I get on a computer I am gone- distracted from everything.. lol.. I feel sorry for my old college professors.. :D I had to stop bringing my laptop to class to take notes because I would use it for other things... and in the process I would distract all those sitting around me..
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 AM   #22
DisneyShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw33t_angel View Post
What computer games do you play? Any consoles?

Haha.... as soon as I get on a computer I am gone- distracted from everything.. lol.. I feel sorry for my old college professors.. :D I had to stop bringing my laptop to class to take notes because I would use it for other things... and in the process I would distract all those sitting around me..
I'm not good at game terminology . . . I basically play because I've seen DF and his friends play, and I say, 'ooooh, that looks like fun,' and they teach me . . .

I like the valve games (Half Life 1 and 2, Portal, Team Fortress) and can't wait to see Portal 2. I quit Age of Empires about a year ago because our copies had viruses. DF got me into Minecraft, and recently it's been eating up more of my free time than Facebook . . .

What about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftydawn View Post
I love your story and am following along too.

DH and I are planning to have a VR at WDW probably in 2013 also so it's nice to see others planning so far in advance.
Welcome aboard! I've actually been planning out the wedding since 2008 when DF bought the ring. I figured that was a little too far out to start a PJ (and, we were looking at 2015 then ).

Old 01-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #23
DisneyShamrock

Bride’s Bouquet – Attempt One

I’m a very picky person, and while I have seen some amazing flowers done by Disney, I have this nagging fear that my bouquet will not be what I have envisioned in my head (at it will be expensive). Thanks to Michael’s, I am making all the flowers for the wedding.

The inspiration for my bouquet actually came from my mom’s bouquet. I have always loved the color scheme of her flowers, and since I may get to carry the same prayer book she carried under hers under mine, I figured if the style worked once it will work again. (Please excuse the awesome red carpet of my parent's living room)

My first attempt at recreating her bouquet looks better than it actually was. I used clearance flowers that had been cheap anyway, and they were just piled on the floor as I was playing with them, so there was no way it could be moved or picked up. The ribbon is looped underneath the stems to hold it in place.

Most of the flowers have been replaced with better quality ones, and I added a few and changed types of others, but the ribbons are definitely still going to be looped through the bouquet.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #24
DisneyShamrock

Bride’s Bouquet – Attempt Two

My second attempt at my bouquet really came about because I found the roses I really wanted to use for the actually arrangement. The shade of pink I wanted for the bridesmaids also changed slightly, and the original BM bouquet I was using when I tried on dresses was no longer accurate.

I made this mock up to go try on dresses the last time at Brandi’s. (It was the last time because I found my dress there) It’s too small for my actually bouquet, but it gave me a great picture of what I wanted and proved the flowers would work together as I hoped.

I knew this was not going to *the* bouquet, but it was far too pretty to take apart. Logically, it became the toss bouquet. Since the only younger single girl at the wedding will be my cousin, I’m just going to be giving it her. We’re planning on still doing a ‘toss’ for pictures.

I opted for a smaller version of the same pink and cream roses for the real bouquet (thanks to mom and dad for spotting them and picking out the good ones). The mums have also been replaced and some other embellishments added to the mix.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #25
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyShamrock View Post

I had to shut facebook down, I was getting too addicted, though it will probably be up again soon I know what you mean about computer games I had to kick a Sims 2 addiction! I love that game and it seems every time I sit down to play for an hour it turns into way more than that I love the first set of flowers, good ole Michael's you gotta love them

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
Bickimook2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #26
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Pretty flowers!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:43 AM   #27
DisneyShamrock

Ceremony Music

Just a small update . . .

This list may change slightly in the future, but here are my selections for ceremony music thus far:

Pre-Ceremony:
Celebration - Secret Garden
Melodies of Life - Final Fantasy
Storybook Story - Willie DeVille
When You Wish Upon a Star
I Do Believe in Fairies - Peter Pan
So, This is Love (Insturmental)
Tals as Old as Time
Some Day My Prince Will Come
Once Upon a Dream
Love is a Song
Spirit of Excalibur - David Arkestone
A Whole New World

Processional: A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
Bride Entrance: Tammy - Debbie Reynolds
Sand Ceremony: I Will Be Here - Clay Aiken
Recessional: I Want You To - Weezer
Post Recessional: There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Old 01-31-2011, 09:47 AM   #28
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Love your song selections! And I love that you threw in a little weezer! So awesome!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 AM   #29
DisneyShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post
Love your song selections! And I love that you threw in a little weezer! So awesome!
Thanks! It was the first song DF played when we got back in the car after he proposed. He turned on his mp3 player, looked at me, and said "I've been waiting for months to do this." I had never listened to the lyrics before that moment, and I knew instantly that it would be perfect.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #30
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Really awesome songs girl. Your guests will really love your preceremony selections.

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
Bickimook2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: