Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #121
WDWChloe
WDW Annual Passholder

Just out of curiousity - were the Wave Phones always free of charge (besides the damaged/lost fee)? For some reason I remember there was once a charge for them... ?
Thanks

IG: @chloelovesdisney

Last edited by WDWChloe; 01-13-2013 at 02:00 PM.
WDWChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #122
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWChloe
Just out of curiousity - were the Wave Phones always free of charge (besides the damaged/lost fee)? For some reason I remember there was once a charge for them... ?
Thanks
There is no charge to use the Wave phones. There is a rental charge if you need more Wave phones than what's already provided in your stateroom.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Last edited by erionm; 02-18-2014 at 05:14 PM.
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #123
5musketeers
Earning My Ears

New wave phones

I was on etsy and wanted to buy a wave phone holder but the Disney magic has a new larger wave phone that does not fit in the holders. Does anyone know the new dimensions of the new wave phones on the magic?
5musketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:45 PM   #124
WDW Enabler
Founding Father of the HARDHAT BRIGADE

This is my first attempt at making a Wave phone holder from leather. I would love everyone's feedback

I made a wooden block to the size of the wave phone and then stitched the leather together for a snug fit to prevent accidents.

Proud father of 1 Disney FANATIC, and husband to an even bigger Disney FANATIC.
Proud Disney "Verteran of the day" three times, and owner of the flag flown over the Magic Kingdom on March 27th 2008.

Founding father of the "Hardhat Brigade", a growing group of enternal fun loving Disney fanatics who ...... wait the surprise is coming....... Wear lime-green hardhats with Mickey ears....

Applications now being accepted. Apply within
WDW Enabler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #125
lbatesetc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5musketeers View Post
I was on etsy and wanted to buy a wave phone holder but the Disney magic has a new larger wave phone that does not fit in the holders. Does anyone know the new dimensions of the new wave phones on the magic?
I have asked this question before, no one seems to have the answer. Hope you get a response.
lbatesetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #126
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by foohpah View Post
Sorry but I think it will be a pain to have to check for messages every 5-10 minutes. I don't exactly want to be attached to a phone 24/7 on my vacation. However since they are taking place of the pagers for the kids clubs (which did have a sound option) it does not look like I will have any choice.

I don't seem to remember hearing constant paging sounds on our previous cruises. It does not have to be a full on ring but some kind of audible alert would be a nice option. I am sure many people would choose the vibration option anyway.
They definitely do ring! You can change the settings... I know when we were in Palo the table next to ours rang a few times and each time it did, at least four other tables reached for their purses/pockets/etc... it was actually a little humorous and gave us cause to chat up our "neighbors."
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:40 AM   #127
penel3
Disney World Addict since 1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1313 View Post

They definitely do ring! You can change the settings... I know when we were in Palo the table next to ours rang a few times and each time it did, at least four other tables reached for their purses/pockets/etc... it was actually a little humorous and gave us cause to chat up our "neighbors."
On our January 2013 cruise, we could not change the setting to ring. The option was not active. Is this a change? I hope so!!!! I really would love some type of sound alert for the boys, since they keep their phone in a backpack sack as opposed to their pocket. 3 more days til we head for Miami!!!!!!

too many WDW trips to mention, 2007 Wonder Concierge, January 2013 Wonder Concierge, WDW AKL Concierge Nov 2013, March 2014 Walter E. Disney Suite (finally!!!!)
1994 1st time (DH has created a monster)1995 FWL1996 1996 1997 1998 All Star Sports 2001 CBR 2002 OKW 2003 OKW 2003 FWL 2004 Disney Cruise 2004 OKW 2004 OKW 2005 AKL Concierge/Boardwalk Villa (bit by the Concierge bug) 2005 Ft. Wilderness Concierge 2006 OKW 2007 Disney Cruise/AKL Concierge, Feb 09 B-day surprise POP & BWI CL, Sept 2010 Portofino Bay Concierge, Dec 2011 Beach Club Concierge, January 2013 The Disney Wonder, March 2014 The Walter E. Disney Suite on the Disney Wonder
penel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:25 PM   #128
SuperDry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWChloe View Post
Thanks
I was on the pre-pre-Inagural cruise of the Dream, which as far as I know was the very first sailing of any Disney ship that had paying guests aboard to have wave phones. They were free then, so I feel comfortable in saying that they have always been free.
SuperDry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #129
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by penel3 View Post
On our January 2013 cruise, we could not change the setting to ring. The option was not active. Is this a change? I hope so!!!! I really would love some type of sound alert for the boys, since they keep their phone in a backpack sack as opposed to their pocket. 3 more days til we head for Miami!!!!!!

too many WDW trips to mention, 2007 Wonder Concierge, January 2013 Wonder Concierge, WDW AKL Concierge Nov 2013, March 2014 Walter E. Disney Suite (finally!!!!)
On our first two cruises, the ring option was locked out, except on one of the rentals we got - the stateroom ones were locked.

On our last cruise on the Magic, it had the new Wave phones. Neither the ones on the room, nor the rental we got were not locked out and you could change turn on the ringtone.
'13 (POR), '13 (3n Magic)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dcl, wave phones

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: