Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #211
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

I didn't mean that I thought she was wrong by keeping him, I just feel so bad that she had to deal with that! I work for Yankee Candle & before I left today I put a gift bag of fresh scent candles & air fresheners & room sprays together for her when she dropped off DS11. I'm still mortified & will now have SUPER anxiety next time one of the kids sleeps over somewhere!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #212
Elmo9607
DIS Veteran

Well, it finally happened. After 6 years of not throwing up, Ive gotten some sort of virus/flu and I've thrown up 5 times in a few hours. Right now I feel okay, but I'm just trying to get through the night. Luckily my boyfriend stayed with me and took care of me until just a few minutes ago.

I'm not freaking out too much...Im a bit anxious and I cried once, but so far I seem to be handling it okay. Just get me through this night!!

College Program at Cosmic Ray's January 2011-May 2011
Elmo9607 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #213
TaraPA

Hey lukenick1 - I see you're back from your trip - how was it? Tell us all about it!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 01-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #214
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Hey lukenick1 - I see you're back from your trip - how was it? Tell us all about it!
It was good! Thanks for asking. I was a nervous wreck the week before praying nobody became ill and once we got there I eased up a bit on the paranoia. I barely ate the whole week because I was worried about feeling sick on rides. Actually lost 5 lbs. I vowed to never travel again in the winter because I am too paranoid of the stomach bug. Just can't relax and enjoy the trip. I skipped Forbidden Journey because I was afraid it would make me sick even with dramamine. Other than that we really had a good time. Just wish my phobia didn't dictate most of the trip. Never saw any evidence of anyone being sick thank God!
2009 Mariott Cypress Harbor
2012 AKL Villas
All thanks to my BFF!!!!!

lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #215
TaraPA

Glad your trip was good. I'm gearing up for 2 March trips - one with my girl friends & the other with the family.

Ok someone talk me off the ledge tonight!!!!!

Not only is DS11 sleeping at a friend's house tonight (you know that causes me tons of anxiety) - but he's getting picked up from there to drive 2 hours away with another dad & 4 boys to a westling tournament overnight tomorrow! I'm a big ball of anxiety.

I didn't know about the wrestling til just a few hours ago. The dad called to ask if my son & the friend he's sleeping over at could go with him & his 3 sons. Oh course I was like no, no way, not 2 nights in a row, not 2 hours away, not in a hotel room with 5 other people where he could be sick. I tried to come up with every excuse in the book. DH talked me down off that ledge & said there's absolutely no reason DS shouldn't be allowed to go with his friends to a wrestling event that he otherwise would't get the chance to go to. He's in 6th grade & needs to learn to handle himself when spending the night with other families. I KNOW THAT but the OCD in my brain is SCREAMING right now. SCREAMING. I don't know how I'll sleep tonight OR tomorrow night. Might be a long weekend on The DIS!

Old 02-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #216
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Glad your trip was good. I'm gearing up for 2 March trips - one with my girl friends & the other with the family.

Ok someone talk me off the ledge tonight!!!!!

Not only is DS11 sleeping at a friend's house tonight (you know that causes me tons of anxiety) - but he's getting picked up from there to drive 2 hours away with another dad & 4 boys to a westling tournament overnight tomorrow! I'm a big ball of anxiety.

I didn't know about the wrestling til just a few hours ago. The dad called to ask if my son & the friend he's sleeping over at could go with him & his 3 sons. Oh course I was like no, no way, not 2 nights in a row, not 2 hours away, not in a hotel room with 5 other people where he could be sick. I tried to come up with every excuse in the book. DH talked me down off that ledge & said there's absolutely no reason DS shouldn't be allowed to go with his friends to a wrestling event that he otherwise would't get the chance to go to. He's in 6th grade & needs to learn to handle himself when spending the night with other families. I KNOW THAT but the OCD in my brain is SCREAMING right now. SCREAMING. I don't know how I'll sleep tonight OR tomorrow night. Might be a long weekend on The DIS!
Ugh Tara.....I know what your saying. This anxiety sucks! I am already getting paranoid about our summer trip to Mexico. We are going to an all inclusive for the first time and I am already paranoid about eating the food there. So worried about food poisoning I went as far as looking up the top 10 foods that cause food poisoning today and was sad to see Lettuce and tomatoes on that list. Who'd have thought a salad can make you sick. I always thought I should avoid meat. Guess I will live on fruit and bread for that week. I hate this phobia!!!!!!!!
2012 AKL Villas

Old 02-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #217
BabyMo
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone! I am also a big time emetophobe!

My ODD had a stomach bug on Super Bowl Sunday. I was feeling off earlier that day.. really off, and then around dinner, she wasn't hungry and was complaining of belly pain. This drove me into a panic, but when she actually v*, I was fine with it and held her hair. Then I stayed by her and offered her Gatorade sips.

She did not get sick again, but I was in a panic that the rest of us were going to get sick, especially my younger two who are twins and almost 3. They are not savvy enough to v* into a trash can like my almost 5 year old ODD.

We are supposed to go to WDW in May, and I am nervous about all the norovirus talk that I hear. I have heard of at least 5-6 families who have come down with the bug in the last couple of months.

We have been to Disney a ton over the years- January, April, August, September, October, November..... and we've never gotten norovirus there. My ILs are wintering there right now, and they've been to the parks a couple of times, and they haven't gotten to it.

My ILs have a townhouse, so we're not onsite..... but the whole idea of going down there is making me nervous.

Help me be excited about Disney! I love Disney, and even though I have been an emet and always had a fear of norovirus, this fear of Disney is relatively new. I want to look forward to my trip, and not obsess about getting sick.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #218
kacaju
DIS Veteran

Tara, how was your ds's trip to wrestling?
My dd has been doing well...although...I found an app for my kindle with prank noises and of course there is a vomit one. She doesn't like when her sisters hit it...but it a good thing for her to hear and she is not flipping out over it!!
kacaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #219
TaraPA

I was a wreck but he was fine - til he came home! I could tell the second he walked in the door he wasn't right. About 11:30pm he called me over to say he had to throw up. We sat in the bathroom for about 30 min. til he fell asleep sitting up against the tub! He never threw up, I guess he was just so exhausted from the long weekend. But I abrely slept that night thinking he'd throw up!

Old 02-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #220
TaraPA

Welcome BabyMo!

I forgot to post - if anyone DVR'd Two & A Half Men from last night DON'T WATCH IT! Most of the show revolves around Alan's girlfriend throwing up everywhere - and they show it - a few times. Ugh gross! They also were talking about it on Mike & Molly too - no graphics though, but just thought I'd warn everyone that can't stand to hear about it or see it.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:01 AM   #221
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

Just venting......

It is my 40th birthday and my ds8 woke me up to tell me he was feeling sick and then projectile vomited all over the bathroom. Thank God my dh was here to deal with it but I am still a wreck inside. Cannot sleep and my stomach is in knots. I am so paranoid he will do it again or worse make me or the others in the house sick. My dh has to work tomorrow and I am petrified to be home alone with a sick child. I made my hubby use gloves and a mask and clean the whole bathroom with bleach. I went in after a little while and doused everything with lysol. I plan to re clean it tomorrow with lots of bleach to kill whatever virus it is. My other ds is very scared he will get sick now (my fault) and i feel like my sick ds has the plague. I want to steer clear of him and feel so bad that i think that way . I hate this!!!!!!!! Not a very good start to my birthday!
2012 AKL Villas

Old 02-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #222
TaraPA

OMG! Hugs hugs hugs. I feel so bad for you, I know the anxiety you're going through. If it makes you feel better to keep cleaning, then do it. Do whatever you need to get thruogh the day!

Oh, and Happy Birthday! Hopefully you'll get to enjoy it once everyone is better.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #223
kacaju
DIS Veteran

YUCK!! DD12 went to therapy yesterday...I really need to plan sleepovers for her...I personally donot like sleepovers just because the kids get no sleep nothing about vomitting...byt DD doesn't like them because she is afraid someone will get sick.
Also found out she doesn't like people sleeping over our house and in her room. Her and DD 16 share a room. DD 16 had a friend sleep over and it upset DD12, thinking the friend would get sick.
kacaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #224
Sehsun
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear that, lukenick1. I hope that DS8 feels better soon.

Also, happy birthday! I hope it is still a good one despite DS being sick.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #225
acejka
DIS Veteran

Hey Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well. And I'm sorry to read about the stress everyone is having with it being winter and noro going around so bad. My grandma is just learning about what it is and she keeps telling me about every news story that comes on tv about noro shutting down an establishment in her area. It's making me nervous to travel up to VA for my baby shower in 3 weeks.

I'm also starting to stress out about the baby coming and then turning into a toddler and young child which means I will have to deal with real vomit and not just baby spit up. I've already ruled out sleepovers at our house, it's totally not happening, I don't care how much this little girl begs not at my house! Ugghhh. Good thing I have a long time before those days come.

I think once the baby is here and we get settled into our new house and things settle down in life I might see a counselor about this. I can't keep living like this, even though I am functioning. I want to be able to help my daughter and not be afraid of her if she is sick. I want to not worry all day long if I've picked up a germ. Maybe I will grow out this once she gets here. I know I've come around leaps and bounds since having to deal with my dogs throwing up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: