Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #196
Tandksmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo9607 View Post
Hi all! It's been awhile since I visited this thread. Anyway, a couple weeks ago, my dbf was sick with a chest cold/sinus infection. He had that really thick 'phlegm' that needed to be coughed up all the time to help clear it. Anyway, one night, we stopped at a gas station to get some water. He coughed a little bit, then started gagging! Omg, I tell you, I thought he was going to puke. I basically shoved him out of the car and sat there paralyzed until it was over. He didn't throw up. I still wanted to run away from the car and escape, though, but forced myself to stay put.

I was so nauseated and horrified when he got back in the car, the poor guy felt terrible for scaring me so While I'm glad I didn't run away, it's still a bit of a disappointment to know I can still be strongly affected. Does anyone else get nervous whenever someone has a bad coughing fit? It's always made me wary.
My grandmother is 87 and was having trouble swallowing. She started choking on her meals, and I used to panic and get up and run. I associated choking with throwing up because usually that's how you 'stop choking'. It was embarrassing but my family knows why I do what I do. Doesn't mean they don't think I'm crazy--but it is what it is. Coughing and choking will make me run..
Old 11-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #197
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo9607 View Post
Hi all! It's been awhile since I visited this thread. Anyway, a couple weeks ago, my dbf was sick with a chest cold/sinus infection. He had that really thick 'phlegm' that needed to be coughed up all the time to help clear it. Anyway, one night, we stopped at a gas station to get some water. He coughed a little bit, then started gagging! Omg, I tell you, I thought he was going to puke. I basically shoved him out of the car and sat there paralyzed until it was over. He didn't throw up. I still wanted to run away from the car and escape, though, but forced myself to stay put.

I was so nauseated and horrified when he got back in the car, the poor guy felt terrible for scaring me so While I'm glad I didn't run away, it's still a bit of a disappointment to know I can still be strongly affected. Does anyone else get nervous whenever someone has a bad coughing fit? It's always made me wary.

I almost always get nervous if someone has a bad coughing fit. My grandad coughs a lot and often into a hanky, which immediately makes my brain go 'uh oh! vomit alert!' even though I know he won't. Also, a while ago my parents had friends of the family round and the husband suddenly had a really bad coughing fit. It was almost to the point of him being sick. I felt so trapped! I was in the living room and they were in the dining room, which you have to walk through to get to anywhere in the house. Then he moved into the kitchen and was coughing over the sink, which did more to fuel my fears. Now I couldn't've moved even if I wanted to. Thankfully it stopped soon after, but I was scared of being in the same room as him for the rest of the evening. Don't worry - as you can see from this thread, you are not alone!

Follow me on instagram: Nina_bina20

Our Paris/Disney Adventure
[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The 'Oh my God! We can actually go!' Pre - trip Report:
The 'Oh my God! We Actually Went!' Trip Report:
Neeny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #198
acejka
DIS Veteran

Hey yall... Just stopping by to say hi. I hope everyone is doing well and coping well. I'm having a not so hot night and it made me think of you guys. I'm hoping my stomach will settle soon so I can just go to bed... and hopefully sleep through the night.

Overall, I'm doing ok, still a few bouts of nausea here and there, and the preggo nose which causes me to gag. I'm ready for the next 6 months to be over with, and honestly I hope every woman who's told me you forget about the bad parts is right, while my morning sickness has been very managable, nobody ever warned me about all the little (or not so little) aches and pains associated with this. Labor pain I think i will be able to handle, but these unexplained pains make me panic really bad since I'm always so sure something is going wrong with the baby.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:59 AM   #199
JennaGlatzer
Earning My Ears

Just stopping in to say... ME TOOOOO.

Big-time. Single mom of a preschooler. I think about it daily. It's pretty awful.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #200
JennaGlatzer
Earning My Ears

How did I kill the thread? I'm sitting here freaking out because I've managed to read about 5 or 6 trip reviews that involved vomiting today. I already have my list of places to avoid in my brain because someone vomited there six years ago . I'm so silly.

But... if you see someone wearing rubber gloves, spraying people with Lysol and insisting on full bacterial level reports on the food at the counter service... that'll be me!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #201
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Welcome Jenna!

Having some anxiety tonight, DS11 has "the sick look" for a few hours now, and now is laying in bed with a headache. Ugh. I just KNOW this will lead to vomiting at some point!

I just got back from a girls trip last night & I only had one vomiting episode & it wasn't bad at all. We had just finished dinner at CRT & I was using the castle restroom. As I was drying my hands to leave, a mom comes rushing in holding a little boy about 2 years old, covered in vomit, saying "look out sick child!" Instead of bolting, I gathered a bunch of paper towels & made them wet for her to start wiping him down. She said thanks, no need to stay, and I said hey it happens to all of us. Isn't that bizarre, I can be around other kids' vomit, but have this insane anxiety that my own will do it.

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #202
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

Had a bad anxiety attack tonight too! My DS8 has a nut allergy and he accidentally ate a hershey bar with almonds. Only one bite, then realized it had almonds. In the past he has vomited from exposure to nuts. Not only that, the protocol is to inject him with the epi pen then call 911 for a trip to the ER. The thought of having to go to the ER was so terrifying to me. I was only going to send my DH but my son wanted me to go. My first thought was, "where is my ipod and headphones" Long story short, he never suffered any reaction and we never went to the ER. Phew. Come to find out he is allergic to pecans, peanuts and walnuts only according to the notes my pediatrician had from his allergy testing. So relieved!!!!!!!!
2009 Mariott Cypress Harbor
2012 AKL Villas
All thanks to my BFF!!!!!

lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #203
annie1995
I have not used mine outside the house yet
CM's always tell me that's not how it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaGlatzer View Post
How did I kill the thread? I'm sitting here freaking out because I've managed to read about 5 or 6 trip reviews that involved vomiting today. I already have my list of places to avoid in my brain because someone vomited there six years ago . I'm so silly.

But... if you see someone wearing rubber gloves, spraying people with Lysol and insisting on full bacterial level reports on the food at the counter service... that'll be me!

I am so with you sister!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #204
Redhead222
Earning My Ears

Oh my goodness!

I am so happy I am not the only one who has this. I have for as long as I can remember! It depresses me. I think
About it all day long. I just want it gone. I don't know what to do. I really want to become a nurse. I am even in school for it! I can't be a nurse and an emet. I need to go get help but some ppl say it's not curable. I just want it gone!!
Redhead222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #205
TaraPA

Just had to post - DS11 slept at a friend's house last night, and I'm always a nervous wreck when the kids do this - for the reason that I'm afriad they'll throw up at someone else's house. Well it happened last night! But I just found out now!

I called the mom to see when to pick him up & she said she'd bring him home later, and she wanted to let me know that he got sick & threw up last night at 10:30. I was like "OMG why didn't you call me?!?!?!?" She said he seemed fine afterwards & both boys wanted to still have the sleepover. Is she nuts? If a kid threw up at my house I'd be on the phone to the parents before he was even done being sick to come get him! I feel so bad that she had to deal with that I could cry. She said he made it into the bathroom but a lot got on the floor - OMG she had to clean it up! I'm MORTIFIED! My anxiety is in overdrive today for sure!

Now I'm all worried that he'll be sick today when he comes home. I won't be here - I work 1-8pm, and DH won't be able to handle it if he does get sick. I'm guessing it's not a bug since it was once & done & she said he ate breakfast an hour ago & is fine. He had Hawaiian Punch at supper last night - and this is the 3rd time he's thrown up after having that - so either it's a strange coincidence or he's allergic to something in that.

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Old 12-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #206
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Just had to post - DS11 slept at a friend's house last night, and I'm always a nervous wreck when the kids do this - for the reason that I'm afriad they'll throw up at someone else's house. Well it happened last night! But I just found out now!

I called the mom to see when to pick him up & she said she'd bring him home later, and she wanted to let me know that he got sick & threw up last night at 10:30. I was like "OMG why didn't you call me?!?!?!?" She said he seemed fine afterwards & both boys wanted to still have the sleepover. Is she nuts? If a kid threw up at my house I'd be on the phone to the parents before he was even done being sick to come get him! I feel so bad that she had to deal with that I could cry. She said he made it into the bathroom but a lot got on the floor - OMG she had to clean it up! I'm MORTIFIED! My anxiety is in overdrive today for sure!

Now I'm all worried that he'll be sick today when he comes home. I won't be here - I work 1-8pm, and DH won't be able to handle it if he does get sick. I'm guessing it's not a bug since it was once & done & she said he ate breakfast an hour ago & is fine. He had Hawaiian Punch at supper last night - and this is the 3rd time he's thrown up after having that - so either it's a strange coincidence or he's allergic to something in that.
That woman is OUT OF HER MIND!!!!! Or she is a nurse. I won't even allow sleepovers in the winter for this reason. Stomach bug season. I am getting worried about our Disney Trip coming up in January. Don't want to be sick for that. I told my kids, no friends over the house until after our trip. I am mean!!!!
2012 AKL Villas

Old 12-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #207
TaraPA

You and I think alike!!! I'm going to Lysol everything DS11 touched here yesterday before he left for his friends house. Just because!

I'm having anxiety over my Disney trip too - I just booked a 4-night girls trip for March & am already worried about the kids getting sick here with DH while I'm away. I wish these thoughts would just GO AWAY!

Your trip is coming up soon! Are you excited? Where are you staying?

[/SIZE]
Old 12-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #208
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
You and I think alike!!! I'm going to Lysol everything DS11 touched here yesterday before he left for his friends house. Just because!

I'm having anxiety over my Disney trip too - I just booked a 4-night girls trip for March & am already worried about the kids getting sick here with DH while I'm away. I wish these thoughts would just GO AWAY!

Your trip is coming up soon! Are you excited? Where are you staying?
I am excited! We are staying at AK Kidani Village in a one bedroom suite. Hope the weather cooperates here so we can go. Hoping no snow storms the day we fly out! I worry about everything!
2012 AKL Villas

Old 12-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #209
TaraPA

OOOO Kidani -you will love it! I've stayed in a 1BR twice there (just stayed there last month!)- and would stay again in a heartbeat. The villas are so spacious & the resort is incredible!

[/SIZE]
Old 12-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #210
kacaju
DIS Veteran

LOL!! Coming from a NON Emetophobic person, I see nothing wrong with what she did.

On the other hand, My Emetophobic dd will not sleep over anyone 's house because of that fear of getting sick at someone's house!! So I do understand your feelings.
kacaju is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: