Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #901
belle2211
DIS Veteran
 
belle2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Right behind the Magic Kingdom
Posts: 1,919

I love that tiara...its just so gorgeous! And I love your mom's dress..she looks beautiful in it. And I think the shoes look really good with that color (is that the first time I've see the actual color swatch? I feel like it is).

And boo to Men's Warehouse. We only had a slight issue with them. My brother picked up his tux in Jacksonville to bring down the day of the dress rehearsal. He texted me and asked if we had changed our colors to red. Uhh..NO!!! Turns out there was another groomsmen in a different wedding with the same name and measurements as my brother! Luckily they got it all figured out and brother ended up with the right tux.

Do you have the BMs jewelry yet?
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #902
librarygeek
DIS Veteran
 
librarygeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,865

* I am loving the tiara pictures! It looks so gorgeous!
* Even though we used Men's Warehouse, I didn't deal with them at all. I let DH choose whatever he wanted for the tuxes as long as he picked the right colors, so it was pretty easy for me!
* I love the bridesmaids shoes! They are super cute and definitely something that could be worn again!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #903
Amber74
Mouseketeer
 
Amber74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: KC MO
Posts: 347

I must admit that I started reading because you are getting married on my birthday. But, I started reading and I am totally in! Everything looks beautiful that you have picked out. Love the venue! Can't wait to hear more.
__________________
Me DH DS19 DS18 DS11 DS8 DD to be
1988-Epcot
2006-offsite condo and Hard Rock Hotel DW and Universal
2007(January)-AllStar Mo Toy Story
2007(September)-Coronado Springs
2008-Universal Royal Pacific HHN Bloody Mary
2010(September)-offsite(Star Island Resort) Universal HHN XX
2010(December)-AllStar Mo Toy Story
2011(July/Aug) Disneyland and Southern Cali theme parks Portofino Inn and Suites

2012(Sept)Allstar Sports and Universal's Portofino Bay HHN XXII
Amber74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #904
htmom
I am also afraid of those stupid biscuit cans
 
htmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 937

Everything looks so amazing! I absolutely love your moms dress!
__________________
Proud Gryffindor SkyShadow20508
Me
DH
DS 12
DD 9
ds born June 2013
htmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #905
lilsqueakrr
DIS Veteran
 
lilsqueakrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey*
Posts: 1,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindyjoy View Post
OMG, I can't believe how close your wedding is .... I LOVE YOUR TIARA, I can't wait to see it on you! The MOB dress is gorgeous! My mom wanted to shop for her dress alone (which I can understand, since I liked shopping for my wedding dress alone) but I wish I could have had that moment like you, where she stepped into a dress and felt great about it.

Booo to MW, I swear I had nothing but problems with them! We did our suit shopping at Jos A Bank and while it wasn't perfect, they were all very friendly. I'm happy you're supporting a mom & pop shop AND you're getting what you want!

It seems everything is coming along nicely, yay!
Ah, you and me both! It's so close it's scarey!

I will say that it was definitely a moment I'll never forget.. my mom coming out and looking like a QUEEN! Which is funny.. I sent Dave a picture of my mom from the store and he's like 'wow she looks like a queen.' Woo! heh.

Yeah MW were a bunch of butts! I wasn't happy with their service so I'm definitely happy I found hte little Mom&Pop. They're amazing!

So far so good!


Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
I have fallen so behind, but I love all the new things!

•Those flower inspiration pics are seriously GORGEOUS. I love how they have some of the soft mossy-floral cascading down making it actually look like it's under the sea!
•The tiara is breathtaking.
•Both mom dresses are pretty--I like how they change color in the different lighting.
•HOLY moly, you are getting so close! You really only have one season to go! Is the end of your to-do list in sight? I can't wait to see what you post next!!!
Thanks! Thanks! =] I can't believe it's all coming up so quickly..

The end of my list? Meh.. not even close! lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
I love that tiara...its just so gorgeous! And I love your mom's dress..she looks beautiful in it. And I think the shoes look really good with that color (is that the first time I've see the actual color swatch? I feel like it is).

And boo to Men's Warehouse. We only had a slight issue with them. My brother picked up his tux in Jacksonville to bring down the day of the dress rehearsal. He texted me and asked if we had changed our colors to red. Uhh..NO!!! Turns out there was another groomsmen in a different wedding with the same name and measurements as my brother! Luckily they got it all figured out and brother ended up with the right tux.

Do you have the BMs jewelry yet?
I think that is the first time I've ever posted the swatch on here.. I may have posted it on Facebook? Not sure?

Men's warehouse was definitely a bunch of buttheads.. haha. But oh well, win some loose some. That story is kinda comical though? Who would have thunk it right?

As far as BM's jewelry.. that's my next thing.. it's so tough. I keep on finding gorgeous pieces but I'm afraid of them being too much with the neckline. So I think I'm going simple.. in which I will be ordering sometime relatively soon, so I'll definitely post some pictures when they come in!


Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
* I am loving the tiara pictures! It looks so gorgeous!
* Even though we used Men's Warehouse, I didn't deal with them at all. I let DH choose whatever he wanted for the tuxes as long as he picked the right colors, so it was pretty easy for me!
* I love the bridesmaids shoes! They are super cute and definitely something that could be worn again!
The tiara is worth every dollar! haha

I was fine with Dave picking but I went along for the sake of matching colors.. and obviously thank god I did.. I could just see Dave calling me from there and having all sorts of questions haha.

Thanks!! The shoes are just adorb!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber74 View Post
I must admit that I started reading because you are getting married on my birthday. But, I started reading and I am totally in! Everything looks beautiful that you have picked out. Love the venue! Can't wait to hear more.
Aw! Thanks for joining in! Happy early Birthday! haha ;D <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by htmom View Post
Everything looks so amazing! I absolutely love your moms dress!
Thank you so much! I love her gown as well! Very elegant! and regal!
__________________


fairytale comes true
10.6.12


member of the fab 5
Planning Journal Trip Report 2010*
lilsqueakrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #906
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 542

The tiara, the dresses, EVERYTHING !!
__________________
virtuous girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #907
lilsqueakrr
DIS Veteran
 
lilsqueakrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey*
Posts: 1,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
The tiara, the dresses, EVERYTHING !!

Thanks boo!! As you can tell.. I'm a bling queen as well!!
__________________


fairytale comes true
10.6.12


member of the fab 5
Planning Journal Trip Report 2010*
lilsqueakrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #908
BethieTink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 792

Everything looks fabulous! Love the tiara and the Mom's dresses.

Four months tomorrow!!!!
__________________
BethieTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #909
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!
 
elleinad16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,332

3 months!!!
__________________
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL December 2004 - DLR: Offsite December 2005 - DLR: Offsite August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010 - WDW: POP Century November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #910
dsnygrl21
Mouseketeer
 
dsnygrl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 225

AH!!!!!

I just finished reading 61 pages to catch up here!!! But it was totally worth it.

We are both at home disney brides! We are both actually honeymooning at the same place! Sandals Resort in St. Lucia about a week or two earlier than you. Which one of the three locations are you staying at?

I am so sorry that you had all that bridesmaid drama. Totally not worth it. I had a bridesmaid back out on me too last minute, so I know how that feels. Did the other bridesmaid accept?

The dress! I mean, I think I fall out of love with mine when I am not in it or staring at it, but every time I put it on, it reconfirms that this is my dress, LOL. Don't give up hope it you don't get those feelings yet! All in all, it's just a dress. The most important part is you are marrying an awesome dude.

I love your colors and I did check out the florist you are using. Such pretty work! I love it! The most important thing is for you to be happy and able to work with the woman for the next few months. Happy to hear you didn't use the other one. Though Orchids are expensive!! I traded a lot of my flowers out for hydrangeas and got the price with candelabra centerpieces for $2800.

Hope the rest of your planning goes well enough and sorry for being so late to your journal.

Can't wait to see your invites!!
__________________

Disney Fairytale Wedding PJ 9-22-12
Only trips after High school listed:
'03-'04 CP MK PG & Conductor
11/03 YCR
04/04 CR
10/05 POP
08/06 Off-site
05/07 POP
05/08 Off-site
10/10 Engagement trip AKL CL
03-04/11 First DVC Stay POP/BCV
08/11 Big Family Trip OKW/BLT

01/13 Disneymoon BLT TPV
dsnygrl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #911
lilsqueakrr
DIS Veteran
 
lilsqueakrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey*
Posts: 1,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
3 months!!!
OMG I know!! It's crazy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnygrl21 View Post
AH!!!!!

I just finished reading 61 pages to catch up here!!! But it was totally worth it.

We are both at home disney brides! We are both actually honeymooning at the same place! Sandals Resort in St. Lucia about a week or two earlier than you. Which one of the three locations are you staying at?

I am so sorry that you had all that bridesmaid drama. Totally not worth it. I had a bridesmaid back out on me too last minute, so I know how that feels. Did the other bridesmaid accept?

The dress! I mean, I think I fall out of love with mine when I am not in it or staring at it, but every time I put it on, it reconfirms that this is my dress, LOL. Don't give up hope it you don't get those feelings yet! All in all, it's just a dress. The most important part is you are marrying an awesome dude.

I love your colors and I did check out the florist you are using. Such pretty work! I love it! The most important thing is for you to be happy and able to work with the woman for the next few months. Happy to hear you didn't use the other one. Though Orchids are expensive!! I traded a lot of my flowers out for hydrangeas and got the price with candelabra centerpieces for $2800.

Hope the rest of your planning goes well enough and sorry for being so late to your journal.

Can't wait to see your invites!!
Hey! Thanks for joining in!! We're staying at the La Toc resort in Saint Lucia.

Where are you an at home Disney bride??

The bridesmaid drama was unfortunate but it's all worked out and for the best. My friend had accepted so I'm back to having my 5 girls and must say I wish I had asked her to begin with!

My dress I'm still wishy washy about but I'm hoping once I go to my fitting in August it will all work itself out and I'll love it again hah!

My wedding flowers have been cut down to match the effect that I wanted.. I cannot wait to go to my sample appointment!

Invitations will be posted soon! They went out in the mail yesterday! Ah!! I cannot believe it! Once I know people have seen them.. I will be posting! Expect some photos this weekend when I have down time!

Thank you again for joining in!
__________________


fairytale comes true
10.6.12


member of the fab 5
Planning Journal Trip Report 2010*
lilsqueakrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #912
dsnygrl21
Mouseketeer
 
dsnygrl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsqueakerr
Hey! Thanks for joining in!! We're staying at the La Toc resort in Saint Lucia.

Where are you an at home Disney bride??

The bridesmaid drama was unfortunate but it's all worked out and for the best. My friend had accepted so I'm back to having my 5 girls and must say I wish I had asked her to begin with!

My dress I'm still wishy washy about but I'm hoping once I go to my fitting in August it will all work itself out and I'll love it again hah!

My wedding flowers have been cut down to match the effect that I wanted.. I cannot wait to go to my sample appointment!

Invitations will be posted soon! They went out in the mail yesterday! Ah!! I cannot believe it! Once I know people have seen them.. I will be posting! Expect some photos this weekend when I have down time!

Thank you again for joining in!
That's awesome! We were looking at La Toc too. We decided on The Grande St. Lucian Resort because we were able to get a swim-up room.

Long Island here. I know librarygeek from hs, LOL. Small world after all!

YAY! I am so glad to hear that the bridesmaid drama is behind you. And glad to hear you are back up to 5. That's the amount I have too, so I am a little biased.

Fingers crossed for the dress. It's getting down to the wire now! Maybe Randy or David Tutera will show up outside your door with a miracle!!

Ahh!! The flowers appointments are always the best. You can really tell how your wedding is going to look from the flowers. Glad to hear it's going smoothly.

I'll be waiting to see the invitations! It feels like a sigh of relief once they go out and it really starts to make things real! I'm sure they are awesome!

No thank you, I am very happy to have joined in.
__________________

Disney Fairytale Wedding PJ 9-22-12
Only trips after High school listed:
'03-'04 CP MK PG & Conductor
11/03 YCR
04/04 CR
10/05 POP
08/06 Off-site
05/07 POP
05/08 Off-site
10/10 Engagement trip AKL CL
03-04/11 First DVC Stay POP/BCV
08/11 Big Family Trip OKW/BLT

01/13 Disneymoon BLT TPV
dsnygrl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #913
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!
 
Bickimook2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 721

Howdy lady! I'm going to Dis in Cali and decided to stop by your PJ :D Everything looks great of course and I'm so excited for you friend!!!!
__________________
Bickimook2's Art Deco Wedding

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
Bickimook2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #914
jacque1282
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
Posts: 44

Congrats

Just stumbled upon your thread and had to say congratulations! We are sharing a wedding date! Hope you have a magical day!
jacque1282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #915
lilsqueakrr
DIS Veteran
 
lilsqueakrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey*
Posts: 1,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickimook2 View Post
Howdy lady! I'm going to Dis in Cali and decided to stop by your PJ :D Everything looks great of course and I'm so excited for you friend!!!!
Hey lady! I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever!! I need to seriously update my PJ! I've been slacking but I don't know if anyone even reads anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacque1282 View Post
Just stumbled upon your thread and had to say congratulations! We are sharing a wedding date! Hope you have a magical day!
No way?! Yay! Date twins!
__________________


fairytale comes true
10.6.12


member of the fab 5
Planning Journal Trip Report 2010*
lilsqueakrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
engagement, new jersey, wedding



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: