Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #76
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Sci Fi sounds like a lot of fun! I want to try one of those milkshakes someday. I don't want to try running to catch a bus after drinking a milkshake, though.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:06 AM   #77
robin19871
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your Trip Report. We have stayed at SOG the past 2 years and will be there again in April..Your coffee problems cracked me up..Did you know that SOG has a Starbucks?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #78
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Sci Fi sounds like a lot of fun! I want to try one of those milkshakes someday. I don't want to try running to catch a bus after drinking a milkshake, though.
You should definitely try Sci Fi one day. I think if you wait a few more years, your sons will enjoy it. There were a bunch of elemnetary-aged children there when we went, and they were all enthralled with movie and the twinkling lights on the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin19871 View Post
Enjoying your Trip Report. We have stayed at SOG the past 2 years and will be there again in April..Your coffee problems cracked me up..Did you know that SOG has a Starbucks?
SOG was wonderful, and I plan on staying there again on future trips. Have you stayed poolside before? I'd be curious to know if that is better/worse/same as staying on the golf course side.

I discovered Starbucks on my last morning there. It was the ONLY morning I managed to get a good cup of coffee.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 02-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #79
amazingact21
Upendi

Quick Update

A Short Nap and a Long Trip Back to HS:

When I first began planning my Disney trip, I read numerous tips on how to schedule a typical park day. In almost every single one, I came across the same piece of advice.

Take a break in the afternoon.

Now, after going on the trip and doing days where we stayed all day and days where we took an afternoon break, I have to say....

I agree with that advice.

DBF and I settled down for a nice long nap around 1:45pm. I was very excited.

I was about to get some much needed rest after performing three different workouts earlier in the morning.

My belly was full of vanilla milkshake.

Best yet...my shoes were off!

(Living by a FL beach means I rarely wear closed-toed shoes, so having to wear them continously for 12+ hours was killing my feet.)

Ahhhhh..... my eyes began to close. I allowed myself to drift off to the memories of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Toy Story Mania.

For awhile (especially on the bus ride back) I was fighting the break. In my head, I kept thinking, You only have 4 days at Disney World. Are you really about to waste a whole afternoon sleeping?!

I thought I'd be too distracted thinking about all the attractions and shows we were missing to sleep, but I was wrong.

Five minutes after my head hit my pillow, I was dozing.

2:00 arrived
I was still asleep.

2:15 arrived
I was still asleep

2:30 arrived
I was still asleep

3:00 arrived
I was sti-

What is that noise?!?!?!

You know how there are different levels of sleep, where the deepest and the most restful is REM? Well, I had just reached that stage, when out of nowhere a loud commotion began in the hallway.

I woke up groggily and checked the clock. Letting out a huge sigh, I saw we still had half an hour before our alarm was set to go off.

The noise outside had settled down; I figured it was just a family checking into their room.

Closing my eyes again, I figured I could at least catch ten or fifteen more minutes of sleep.

(Amusingly enough, DBF remained asleep during the whol ordeal.)

Just as I was falling back asleep, children started screaming and running outside my door. I waited for their parents to quiet them down, but unfortunately, they only got louder.

I have no idea what they were doing. At one point, they were continuously opening and closing their room door very loudly.

The more I tried to tune them out and try to sleep, the angrier I became. I was starting to lose my patience, so I figured the easiest solution was to just wake up for good.

Even though the rambunctious kids spoiled my nap, I still felt refreshed. My feet weren't as sore, and I felt rejuvinated enough to take on Hollywood Studios at night.

I woke DBF up at 3:30 and we caught a 4:00 bus back to the park.

By the time we returned at 4:30, the place had gotten way more crowded than when we left it. I guessed that since there was extra magic hours that night and MK was closed for MVMCP everyone had congregated at HS.

So....a few posts back I mentioned that DBF and I never took any photos of the sorceror's hat nor got our photo taken in front of it.

Well....my memory seems to have failed me. I was editing photographs the other night, and I found these:

I can tell they are from when we first came back to HS, but I honestly cannot remember taking them. Which is really surprising, because with every other picture, I can remember what the person who took it for us looked like.

I suppose I was still zonked out from my nap to pay any attention to the hat.

Plus, I was anxious to get to the Osbourne Lights.
That was the Number 1 show/holiday event I wanted to see. I'd been imagining all those lights and songs for months.
I had told DBF eariler on the bus that we were going straight to the street where the light show was held, because I did not want to miss seeing the lights being turned on.

As antsy as I was to get there,though, I knew we still had a good hour before dusk would arrive and the show would begin. So, we took our time strolling around, snapping pictures and pointing out interesting decorations.

Walking through HS at such a slow pace was kinda nice. There were a few times we just stopped, sighed, and thought, "We really are on vacation at Disney World."

The evening was such a complete 180 degree difference to our morning. It was all rush, rush, rush, get this done, get that done, during the first part of the day. And now we were walking at an ant's pace, absorbing up every little detail of Hollywood Studios.

I loved having the difference in paces. I was charged and ready to go first thing in the morning, and we got so much of what we wanted to do done. Having accomplished that, we were able to slow it down a couple notches.

While we were walking, I passed by a billboard for the show, Castle.

I was amused by it, because it's a show I love to watch, and because it was above the Writer's Stop store. (The main character is an author.)

I pointed it out to DBF, who also watched the show, and asked him: "Do you think we would have noticed that if we were rushing?"

He shook his head, and we both wondered what things we'd missed while over by TSM and RnRC. Vowing to return to both areas later, we finished our casual walk to the Osbourne Light Show and laid claim to a nice piece of sidewalk.

Up next...The Osbourne Lights
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 02-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #80
DisneyAsh32
Mouseketeer

So glad you guys were able to relax and take in the details! I can't wait the hear about the Osbourne Festival of Lights.

A June 2011 PTR!!!

1994/Offsite * July 2002/All Star Sports * June 2009/All Star sports * June 2010/Offsite * June 2011/Coronado Springs * Dec 2013-Jan 2014/All Star Movies *
Old 02-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #81
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Too bad about the noisy kids. Maybe the parents never considered that anyone might be napping in the afternoon. Or maybe they just didn't care. Still annoying to get woken up, though.

I think it's nice to have those moments when you realize you're really at Disney. Rushing is fun, sometimes, but not rushing can be even better.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #82
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to hearing about your experience with the lights! I think they were my favorite part of the Disney trip. I say that about a lot of things from that trip, though.

We have never been huge fans of the afternoon break until our last trip. Now, I agree with you and everyone else. It's a good idea. I have to really work to take Disney at a slower pace but I'm always glad when we do.

I'm sorry your nap got interrupted. Every time I hear a story like this, I make it my goal to never be that parent. I'm sure at some point I may experience things from the other side, but I have yet to figure out how that happens.

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
Old 03-01-2011, 07:13 AM   #83
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAsh32 View Post
So glad you guys were able to relax and take in the details! I can't wait the hear about the Osbourne Festival of Lights.
It was really nice to be able to rest for awhile and then take our time. HS might not be biggest park, but there are still a lot of details to take in.

Quote:
Too bad about the noisy kids. Maybe the parents never considered that anyone might be napping in the afternoon. Or maybe they just didn't care. Still annoying to get woken up, though.

I think it's nice to have those moments when you realize you're really at Disney. Rushing is fun, sometimes, but not rushing can be even better.

Initially, I was thinking the same thing about the parents, but after about five minutes I gave the kids the benifit of the doubt. 3 o'clock is not a normal time to sleep, so the kids probably didn't even think about waking someone up. Plus, I just kept telling myself they were excited to be at Disney. Working at a daycare, I know the noise level of kids gets really loud really quickly, so I just brushed the whole thing off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildAtHeart82 View Post
Looking forward to hearing about your experience with the lights! I think they were my favorite part of the Disney trip. I say that about a lot of things from that trip, though.

We have never been huge fans of the afternoon break until our last trip. Now, I agree with you and everyone else. It's a good idea. I have to really work to take Disney at a slower pace but I'm always glad when we do.

I'm sorry your nap got interrupted. Every time I hear a story like this, I make it my goal to never be that parent. I'm sure at some point I may experience things from the other side, but I have yet to figure out how that happens.

I say the same thing as well, but I really think the lights were my favorite part, as well. I guess because all my senses were engaged, I just felt more invovled.

Did you start deciding to take afternoon breaks when you started to bring a baby? I'm always curious to see how people's trips shift once they start bringing babies and children.

I know at some point my brothers and I probably woke some sleeping neighbor while staying at a hotel. Sometimes, it's inevitable. The parents are busy unpacking and figuring out schedules and activities, the kids are restless from a long plane/carride and want to burn off some energy. That's why my frustration didn't last long. By the time we were back in HS I'd forgotten about it.

Last edited by amazingact21; 03-01-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:41 AM   #84
robin19871
DIS Veteran

SOG was wonderful, and I plan on staying there again on future trips. Have you stayed poolside before? I'd be curious to know if that is better/worse/same as staying on the golf course side.

I discovered Starbucks on my last morning there. It was the ONLY morning I managed to get a good cup of coffee. [/QUOTE]

The first year they put us ground floor by the pond facing the golf course. Last year I requested the new wing on the top floor facing the castle.(We were able to watch the fireworks every night.) This year we are staying poolside in the old wing because it is a hike everday to get anywhere from the new wing.(Magnolia pool so we can see the fireworks.) (Thanks Dis Board people.) Glad you finally found your coffee even it was the last day.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:00 AM   #85
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin19871 View Post
The first year they put us ground floor by the pond facing the golf course. Last year I requested the new wing on the top floor facing the castle.(We were able to watch the fireworks every night.) This year we are staying poolside in the old wing because it is a hike everday to get anywhere from the new wing.(Magnolia pool so we can see the fireworks.) (Thanks Dis Board people.) Glad you finally found your coffee even it was the last day.

Being able to watch the fireworks from your room had to be wonderful, but I can understand you wanting to be closer to everything.
Our room overlooking the golf course was nice and quiet, especially when it was just the two of us, but I think for future trips I'd like to have someplace closer to the pool. If I tell DBF about being able to watch the fireworks from the new wing, he'll insist we try and get one of those rooms.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #86
amazingact21
Upendi

I can't believe how long it has been since I updated this TR! I am really sorry. It's the most hectic time of the year for me. I've been trying to get my taxes done, resubmit my scholarship applications for next year, schedule summer classes, intern, and complete some very challenging school projects. Add on to that visiting family and DBF's work shift changing and you have my reasons for putting my TR on the back burner.

Luckily, though, my Spring Break begins next Wednesday and my internship ends on Tuesday, so I should have plenty of free time to post updates.

Whoo, and I'm rambling. Let's get back to my trip!

My favorite moment of the trip: The Osbourne Spectacle of Lights

I left off with DBF and I staking out a spot for the light show. we sat down near the entrance, by the Cheverlot sign:

I had to use the restroom and DBF was freezing, so we agreed I'd go use the bathroom and then walk down to a little shop and see if I could find him a beanie to wear. He had on a nice leather jacket and pants, but his head was really cold.

"You've got a nice head of hair keeping your ears warm. I've got nothing."

Seeings as I've had my hair fairly long all my life, I never really thought about how cold some people's heads could get without it. Hence, why I agreed to go do some shopping for DBF.

However, when I got to the outside shop, there weren't any hats or beanies that I was willing to spend good money on. I ran back to DBF really fast and asked him if he'd prefer a blanket, instead.

He consented, so I returned and picked up a blue and white one and got in the ridiculously long line. Apparently, everyone who was waiting for the lights to turn on had the same idea as me, and we were all congregated into this one tiny store.

Five minutes passed, and I was around the 3rd person in line when I remembered we only had a few dollars in cash.

Not enough to cover the cost of the blanket.

Our only other option was to use the card we'd brought along (which was our main form of payment, anyways.)

The only issue with that is that it wasn't my card.

We'd put all our vacation money into one account, that way we wouldn't be worrying about carrying around two different cards in the parks.

I stood there for a couple seconds weighing my options. I could go ahead and pay with the card and pray that they wouldn't ask to see my ID. So far on the trip, none of the CMs had asked that. And thankfully Alex is a unisex name so I could get away with signing that name.

I seriously considered going through it. I would've called DBF to come switch places with me, but
1)His cell phone was in the bag I was carrying
and
2) If he left, we'd lose our nice seats

In the end, I returned the blanket to its spot on the shelf and walked back to DBF. I explained the situation, and he agreed it was the right choice.

Taking the bag, he left to go buy the blanket himself.

Fifteen minutes later he returned with a black and yellow blanket. He thought that one was cooler looking, so I suppose it was good that I didn't purchase my original choice.

"So, guess what happened?" DBF asked me after he sat back down.

"What?"

"They verified my identification."

WHEW. Being a good, honest person paid off for once.

So now, DBF was nice and warm and we sat waiting for the show to start, very content.

Before the lights came on, the snow began to fall.
It was beautiful. I've lived in places where it snowed, and even my current home in Florida saw some snow two winters ago.

I love the stuff.

Now, I say that, but I've never had to drive in it, plow it, or clean the floors after dragging it in. I'm sure if I had to do that on a daily basis I'd hate the stuff.

But since I haven't...I was estatic to see the fluffy white flakes falling from the rooftops.

Between that and the extreme cold, I truly felt as if I were in the middle of winter. It definitely did not feel like I was in central Florida, that's for sure.

Soon after, the lights turned on.

Seeing all those lights appear in the dark is remarkable. We stayed long enough to see them come on several times, but nothing compares to that first time.
I couldn't believe there really were that many lights.

Pictures cannot do justice. It's something you have to experience yourself to completely understand how overwhelming it is.

I stood in the streets in complete awe for a good five minutes. It was jam packed with other families, but everyone was so incredibly friendly. DBF turned to a couple and asked if they could take a picture for us, and they were very friendly about it.

As the show went on, we walked around to see what it looked like from different views. My favorite place was under the red arches, facing the big Christmas tree.

Along the sidewalks, there were so many details to take in.

I wanted to stay there forever. The whole atmosphere put me in such a happy mood. Everywhere I looked people were dancing and singing. We passed by a young family and their baby was having the time of his life. He ran into DBF a few times, because he was too busy looking up to watch where we was moving.
Seeing him made me want to bring my own children to the lights someday.

DBF and I saw a stand selling hot cocoa, and we figured that'd be the perfect thing to have at the moment.
And we were right.

My senses were on overload. Seeing the lights, listening to the carols, feeling the snow hit my cheeks, smelling and tasting the hot cocoa.

Perfection

I tried to tape a video during one of the songs. The quality isn't the greatest, but it shows just how unbelievable all the dancing lights were.

DBF and I stayed and strolled around for a good 45 minutes. I didn't want to leave. I knew from the moment the lights turned on, nothing was going to top the lights, and so I didn't want to leave that moment behind.

Originally, I'd planned to stop by the lights for a little while, and then we were supposed to go see Fantasmic!

Well, about 7:00, the time when we really needed to head out if we were going to catch the show, I turned to DBF and asked what he'd rather do.
His response:

"We can see Fantasmic any time we come back here. What are the chances of us coming during the holidays again? It won't be anytime soon, that's for sure."

Those words sang in my heart. My DBF knew me well enough to know how much I was enjoying myself.

So forget Fantasmic! We stayed another fifteen minutes, then finally, depressingly, we made our way out of the lights.

I had to take one last picture before we left!

Overall, it was amazing. By far, Disney's best holiday special, in my opinion. Even now, months later, when I think back to my trip, that night is the first thing that pops into my head.

I was bummed that we'd left the Osbourne lights, but I knew we had to move on. DBF and I had our first ever EMH night ahead of us, and we wanted to party until 1a.m!

Coming up....DBF and I found a new love...going on rides in the dark!!!

Old 03-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #87
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

I love the Osbourne Lights! They are so magical, I can see why they would be your favorite. I agree that no picture really does it justice.

I can totally see my boys doing just what that baby was doing, running into people and not watching where he's going in all the excitement. There were too many people for me to let them run around.

Good call skipping Fantasmic! I don't care for Fantasmic in the cold weather. Something about sitting there on the cold concrete by the water makes me extra cold. Of course in the summer, it's great!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #88
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
I love the Osbourne Lights! They are so magical, I can see why they would be your favorite. I agree that no picture really does it justice.

I can totally see my boys doing just what that baby was doing, running into people and not watching where he's going in all the excitement. There were too many people for me to let them run around.

Good call skipping Fantasmic! I don't care for Fantasmic in the cold weather. Something about sitting there on the cold concrete by the water makes me extra cold. Of course in the summer, it's great!

It seemed like the babies enjoyed the Spectacle of Lights the most. They all seemed to be fasticnated with the dancing lights.

Skipping Fantasmic! was definitely a good call. That night was the coldest of our trip, and we would've been frozen sitting by the water! I do agree with you, though, watching Fantasmic! in the summer is better. We actually did manage to catch the show two nights later, but it wasn't as much fun as it was when I went in June six/seven years ago. I guess it's all about the atmosphere. Appreciating the cool air after a long, hot day at the parks...

Old 03-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #89
amazingact21
Upendi

Off-topic Update

Hello again! It's been awhile since my last post, but my schedule has been full of appointments and assignments and obligations. I've barely had any time to sign on to the DIS board, much less post anything substantial.

DBF gave me a very big shock two weeks ago. He brought up the topic of Disney's marathons. Apparently, a guy came into his work wearing a Disney marathon t-shirt and the two got to two talking. The talking soon led to DBF researching the events.
Which led him to discovering the Expedition Everest 5K race....
He became so happy when he talked to me about it, his whole face lit up.

So, I looked into the dates and saw that the race will be held on May 7th, right smack in between my spring and summer classes.
I talked to DBF and explained to him that a lot of factors had to be figured out before we could even consider the event.

My classes had to fit perfectly in between...
His tax return had to cover the trip...
The dog had to have a sitter...

Well, now, two weeks later..DBF discovered his tax return would more than cover the cost of a short trip, my classes will be on-line, so if needed I can work on homework during breaks, and DBF's parents gladly offered to watch Buster.

Not to mention, DBF's sister has shown a lot of interest in the race and wants to sign her and her boyfriend up, as well.

It's been a lot to take in. I never in my wildest dreams imagined DBF and I would be able to go back so soon!

Of course, this has meant I've had to start training. I have 40 something days to get ready for a 5k. I used to run, but after I had foot surgery in Dec. 2009, I stopped. So now, I'm starting from scratch and it's been a lot of hard work, but the idea of another trip has kept me motivated.

We have not registered for sure, yet, because I am making DBF wait until my school advising appointment next Monday. I want to hear from a professional that my school schedule won't be affected by this little get-away.
But, hopefully, in a week, everything will be set!!!

DBF wants to stay in the sponsoring resort (All Star Sports) AND be on the Dining Plan. He even called for price quotes the other day. Of course, the trip won't be long, probably May 6-10, but I'll take any Disney days I can get.

DBF has given me another trip to the world, and all I have to do is run 3.1 miles!!!

This is all off-topic, though. My next post will have the last Hollywood Studios update. And no, it won't take me a week to post it...I should have it up in a few hours.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #90
amazingact21
Upendi

Extra Magic Hours at Hollywood Studios:

After leaving the Osbourne Lights, DBF and I meandered through the streets, once again content to just look around and live in the moment.

I became ridiculously giggly when I saw advertisements for my favorite show, Modern Family.

DBF and I messed around with the camera for awhile, taking photos of random posters and unimportant scenery.

As we walked along, we neared Toy Story Mania.

The line was not out the door, but the time posted still said 60 minutes. Thinking about our earlier time on the ride, DBF and I debated if it was worth the wait.

Well, who knew the next time we'd ever get to ride on the attraction again? Plus, we had EMH that night and therefore had plenty of time to spare.
So we hopped in line and began our wait.

It was a mistake.

I was not feeling very Disney-ish during that hour wait. I think there were just too many negative aspects working against me that particular time. Both the visitors in front and behind us were not the best company to be around. The group in front of us were slightly rude and enjoyed complaining, which got old after the first twenty minutes.
Plus, my mother had texted me while we were waiting and informed me my dad just lost his job.

That right there sort of killed my Disney magic for awhile. I spent the whole hour freaking out to DBF about all the problems that would arise, and I felt pretty guilty about being on vacation.
DBF eventually cleared my mind up and convinced me to forget about the situation for the rest of the trip; there was nothing I could do to solve the issue at 9 o'clock at night at Disney World.

Even without those factors added in, I still think the ride wouldn't be worth the 60 minute wait. Hearing Mr. Potato head's voice over and over again made me start to imagine all the ways I could pull the lips outta that huge potato and allow them to disappear for awhile.

I think the longest part of the wait happened when we reached the big circus tent (where we were shuttled off last time). The line was at a stand still for about ten minutes, and DBF and I passed the time taking more pictures.

DBF and I finally got a seat and I lost again. By alot. DBF managed to get the best score in the car.
However, I did point out to DBF that I had far better accuracy than him.

Exiting TSM, DBF and I chowed down on some sandwiches we'd brought with us. We were still pretty full from our lunch at Sci Fi and didn't feel like buying a meal at a CS place.

Finished with our food, we headed to our next destination....Rock 'n' Roller Coaster!

By that time, EMH had began (11pm) and we jumped in a 40 minute wait time line. The line flew by!

DBF asked to be seated in the front row, so we had to wait an extra turn, but before we knew it, we were back in the limo seats again...blasting off!

Happy as a clam, we walked into the gift shop and started to look around. DBF was on the hunt for a cool RnRC pin.

I was flipping through a display stand absentmindely, when I happened to catch something to the left of my peripheral vision.

A really tall man.

I mean.....huge.

I turned my head to take a closer look.

Hey, he looks kinda familiar. Where have I seen him before?

Without even realizing it, I began walking towards the man.

He was standing near the exit, next to a woman and a little girl.

I walked closer....

It wasn't until I was a foot from the man, staring very intently at his face that I realized who it was.

Trace Adkins.
(For those who don't know him, Trace Adkins is a country singer/former contestant on Celebrity Apprentice and Dec. 19th's CP narrator.)

As soon as I realized who the man was, I was mortified.

Did I really just walk right up to this man like some crazy fan?!?!

I looked to my left and his wife was giving me a very scary glare. But who could blame her? She was probably watching to make sure I didn't maul her husband.

The entire time my insanity stunt was going on, Trace Adkins was just staring straight ahead. Of course, straight ahead for him was over my head.

Very quickly, I grabbed DBF's arm (who happened to be walking towards me) and dragged him into the long hallway that leads to the exit.

"Do you know who that is?!?!" I whispered loudly. I felt it would be rude to point, so I kind of nodded my head in the the celebrity's direction.

DBF was clueless. He had no idea that he'd just walked right past the country singer.
As I was telling him about my embarrassing adventure, a mother and daughter came up to us and asked us, "Is that...."

"Trace Adkins...yeah."

The four us stood there for a few seconds and debated if we should go and ask for a picture with him. The two women decided to go for it, but I told DBF it'd be best to leave.

I'd already irritated him. Plus, it was obvious he was trying to let his daughter enjoy Disney, and I felt like all he wanted to do was melt into the walls.

DBF begged me to let him take a quick photo of him from his phone, but I told him not to.

We left and stood in front of the massive guitar sign for about five minutes. I was texting my aunt and best friend the news, because both women are HUGE Trace Adkins fans. They were telling me how unfair I was and other people were commenting on my facebook status when out of nowhere he popped up again!

I got to see him and his family leave with a bodyguard and CM and disappear behind a gate that opened.

DBF and I managed to get over our shock with another tasty cup of hot chocolate. That drink had us addicted.

The wait for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster had increased to 60 minutes, but DBF and I wanted to ride it again. Getting in line with our hot cocoa, we had a much better hour-long wait than we did at TSM.

There was a young couple behind us and a family of four behind them. Together, we had a wonderful time waiting in line. The male from the young couple and the little girl from the family were thrill-ride junkies and bonded with DBF over rides. The little girl couldn't wait to ride RnRC for the first time.

The man talked about EE with us. We had never been on it, and we were asking him how it was compared to RnRC.

When we got to the lobby, we showed them the Hidden Mickey and explained to them what they were.

We also discussed how many days we'd been at Disney/how many we had left. We all seemed to get a kick out of talking to each other about what do everyone should do before they left, what rides were worth waiting for, what rides were appropraite for young kids, etc..

After we finished our ride, DBF and I spotted the family of four and asked the girl if she liked the ride. She loved it.

Overall, I think waiting for the ride was almost as fun as going on the ride. DBF and I spent an hour getting to know people from different parts of the country and making our wait enjoyable.

After riding RnRC for the third time that day, DBF and I decided it was time to head out. It was after midnight, and we were completely worn out.

Sadly, we said goodnight to DHS and left.

Up next....A Magic Kingdom morning.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: