Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Liquor and Tea Infused Truffles

I just made 4 batches and I never want to see chocolate again.

They are delicious though. Super easy and thought I'd share in time for New Years if anyone has the energy left.

There's ridiculously easy too, and even easier if you use molds. I use the Wilton filled candy molds, but you could do this the old fashioned way if you wanted. I get a yield of about 36 truffles with the mold per batch.

The base recipe is 4 oz of bittersweet chocolate, 1/2cup heavy cream and 2 tablespoons of wine/liquor. I've made them with port and ice wine, and white chocolate liquor. You need something that will stand up to the strong taste of chocolate. You heat up the cream on medium heat, and pour it into your bittersweet chocolate, then stir til mostly combined, then stir in the booze I've also made tea infused truffles, using the same amount of cream PLUS an extra splash, probably another tablespoon and a half, and 3 tablespoons of loose tea leaves. Chai and Earl Grey work well, again you have to pick something that will stand up to chocolate.

If you go the old fashioned way, you'll chill the filling, then roll into balls and dip into chocolate. I like the wine with milk chocolate, the chai works really nice with dark chocolate. If you go with the molds, I melt the coating/shell chocolate (like melting wafers) and fill the molds, then dump out the excess and throw them into the fridge for like 5 minutes, they should be pretty thin shells so they don't take long to solidify. While they're in the fridge I make the filling, and pour that into the shells, and chill again til the filling is pretty firm, then another round of chocolate to put the bottoms on.

I made these last week for a friend of mine and the batches I made today are for her to give as gifts because she liked them so much.
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: