Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #736
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Awwww, I love the little Russiann Blue kitty. We had a Russian Blue boy called Smokey, but unfortunately he was run over 4 yrs ago.

Way to go on the shopping. I hope you still managed to get another full days worth in.
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #737
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Thank you for all your kind words. I am definitely looking forward to seeing you again in September! Hopefully Fran will be feeling better by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post

I’ve forgotten this one’s name.

This one is Alto, I'm surprised that you actually got a picture of her, she and her sister Soprano are so skittish that no one ever sees them until they have visited the house a few times. Our cat sitters only recently saw both of them at one time to actually know that there are two all white cats!

Quote:

Pepper or Basil??

Basil, although we like to call him Bagle as it seems more fitting.

Quote:

But this is Sonny, a very special cat.

You actually got a picture of her without revealing all her dirty paws and stuff. She has Cerebelar Hypoplasia which means that the receptors from her brain that control her motor skills don't fire properly. She falls down alot and especially when she is eating falls into her food. That's why she gets so dirty. Now she is getting old and lazy about cleaning herself. She's still my baby. I can't say she's not a happy girl because tonight when we had chicken for dinner and we tossed a 1/4 of cut up chicken down for the livestock, she was right there to clean up most of the leftovers.

Quote:

This one was definitely saying goodbye to me!

That's Molly, one of the cats we got from Arline, she is a sweetie!

Quote:

I grabbed a couple of slices of toast for breakfast and a cup of coffee before Alison drove me out to LAX.

Saying goodbye is such a depressing thing to do in real life!

I'm so glad you were able to get yourself something in the morning. Real life came on so fast and there were so many people between the contractor's rep, and Darcy and Jim that I didn't get to see if you were able to take care of some breakfast. I try to be a better host, but sometimes other things just come up and I am tugged in a million different directions.

Glad you and DH got all settled in and made your metnal purchase lists!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #738
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Aw sweet kitty pics!

PIO don't feel bad about out shopping DH, you're not alone, I usually do that too.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:06 AM   #739
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Very nice pictures of the cats.

The home away from home looks very nice. It was a great room to stay while you were up in NorCal.

The food looks good.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014, Just in Time for Halloween Season in September - September 14 - 16, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on July 26th to 28th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:36 AM   #740
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline NZ View Post
Awwww, I love the little Russiann Blue kitty. We had a Russian Blue boy called Smokey, but unfortunately he was run over 4 yrs ago.

Way to go on the shopping. I hope you still managed to get another full days worth in.
Wait and see!

Sorry about Smokey. Did you get another cat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Thank you for all your kind words. I am definitely looking forward to seeing you again in September! Hopefully Fran will be feeling better by then.

I'm so glad you were able to get yourself something in the morning. Real life came on so fast and there were so many people between the contractor's rep, and Darcy and Jim that I didn't get to see if you were able to take care of some breakfast. I try to be a better host, but sometimes other things just come up and I am tugged in a million different directions.

Glad you and DH got all settled in and made your metnal purchase lists!
Real life did creep up on us quickly, didn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Aw sweet kitty pics!

PIO don't feel bad about out shopping DH, you're not alone, I usually do that too.
Angela - I don't feel bad about out-shopping DH.

I felt bad because DH mentally out-shopped ME at the Mall!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Very nice pictures of the cats.

The home away from home looks very nice. It was a great room to stay while you were up in NorCal.

The food looks good.
Thanks Bret. Yup. It is a great place to stay when we are in NorCal.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #741
dhorner233
Disneyophile

I loved the kitty pictures!! Sonny was my favorite! She looks like she has a big smile on her face.

dhorner233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #742
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
I loved the kitty pictures!! Sonny was my favorite! She looks like she has a big smile on her face.
Thanks! PIO captured a nice shot of her! The smile is probably food residue from when she falls face first into her feeding dish! But seriously she is a sweetie.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:19 AM   #743
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Wait and see!

Sorry about Smokey. Did you get another cat?
We have had Benny our Burmese for nearly 14 years, we didn't replace Smokey.
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:07 AM   #744
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
I love the furbabies! Sonny is one very special cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Thanks! PIO captured a nice shot of her! The smile is probably food residue from when she falls face first into her feeding dish! But seriously she is a sweetie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline NZ View Post
We have had Benny our Burmese for nearly 14 years, we didn't replace Smokey.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 12-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #745
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

PIO what a fabulous TR full of wonderful photos. Is it a bit too late to say I'm fashionably late? Maybe it's a case of better late than never

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #746
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum View Post
PIO what a fabulous TR full of wonderful photos. Is it a bit too late to say I'm fashionably late? Maybe it's a case of better late than never

It's NEVER too late; especially as we haven't formally hit the end of the Mayan calendar yet. Thanks for jumping in.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #747
shushh
DIS Veteran

What a lovely way to end your day at Disneyland and how gorgeous are those Russian blues!

It was lovely reading about your reunion with DH. I'm such a sap...

This enquiring mind would like to know though, what you dropped $$$ for in the camera shop...
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #748
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
What a lovely way to end your day at Disneyland and how gorgeous are those Russian blues!

It was lovely reading about your reunion with DH. I'm such a sap...

This enquiring mind would like to know though, what you dropped $$$ for in the camera shop...
I got the 70 - 200 mm f/4 IS Canon lens.

I couldn't hold the weight of the camera and the f/2.8 version with one hand; so there was no point in getting it.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #749
PrincessInOz
in

Day 5: Around the Bay in a Day

Resort Ch-ch-ch-changes

Our home away from home looked like it hadn’t changed when we checked in yesterday. The room was still well-kept and clean; bathroom functioned well; breakfast and happy hour still in play…..

But it is amazing what a good night’s sleep does to one’s perception!

In the cold light of morning, there were two inescapable changes.
  1. The spa…..my hot tub…..had been bricked up and completely closed over.
  2. There was no bacon for breakfast.

I can probably deal with change #1; but no bacon? That was one change too many!

I sure hope that there is that fat crispy protein on offer tomorrow morning.

(Continued in Next Post)

Old 12-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #750
PrincessInOz
in

(Continued from Previous Post)

Around the Bay….to Half Moon Bay (In Search Of…..Photoscavenger hunt items)

I have been known to go to unreasonable lengths in search of a shot for the DisBoard photoscavenger hunts run by pea-n-me. In fact, I would even go as far as saying that I can be downright scary stalker!

As the Northern Hemisphere is in autumn (or it was at the time of the trip), it goes without saying that the items on the current hunt involved Halloween themes and fall.

I haven’t ever gone as far as buying an airline ticket just to get a shot; but I cannot claim that the scavenger hunt does not factor at all in my sightseeing decisions. Quite the contrary, in fact.

There were a number of items on the scavenger hunt list that I’d researched before boarding the plane and I figured that my best bet of scoring some of them was at a place in Half Moon Bay.

Lemos Farm has been in operation since 1942. In its 3rd generation now, this old family farm is probably best described as a farm playground for kids.

There is a petting zoo, pony rides and the item I had been stalking.

It might have been the first weekend in November; but I was still hopeful of catching some of the seasonal Halloween accoutrements. I had not hoped in vain!

Pumpkins!

Of different sizes.

Would you say this was a Pumpkin Head?

Yes, perhaps that was a little corn-ball; even for me.

Hmmmm….How about a corn-cutting spook instead?

Am I just plain spooky, you ask?

As long as you don’t think me a witch…….

….but if you do, at least I come with candy corn.

Black cats were on the scav hunt list and whilst Velcro fitted the bill nicely, I couldn’t resist the flat cat options!

For those of you that might be thinking that I was shooting cowboy style….

Just remember……Halloween is not something that we celebrate in Australia. And it is springtime; not fall……so some of those iconic images that you grew up with are a novelty to me.

The farm in fall colours was a sight to behold and I just loved all the Fall and Halloween items.

Sadly, I missed the Haunted House here….and in Disneyland. At least I could take consolation from the fact that this one was closed for the season.

There was a wonderful figure balloon maker at the farm. These were all for sale.

I seem to be falling all over Ariel this trip!

My prince of a DH decided to surprise me. This balloon rose lasted all week and gave me so much pleasure!

Oh….I think we know each other well enough now for you to know that simple things amuse my simple mind. This was something that amused me greatly!

(Yes, I know….toilet humour!).

And for the Boo Boos and Moo Moos lurking…..

Yes….we were definitely two adults without responsible children supervision this morning.

(Continued in Next Post)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: