Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM   #1
TorontoGirl
Mouseketeer

1st PTR, 1st TR, 1st DL Trip, Inaugural (1st) Avengers Weekend!!!

Hi Everybody!

I didn't join the DIS until after my 1st DCL 7 Night - I met some really cool people who were on here and asked why I wasn't yet LOL...so I joined and learned a lot for my next cruise and my next WDW trip!

DH and I have been to WDW 9 times in less than 6 years from our 1st trip for our Honeymoon in Oct/Nov 2008 to Jan 2014 for the inaugural Dopey challenge and that includes 3 DCL cruises!

And yet I have never done a trip report...

OK - here goes! Here is my 1st PTR for my 1st TR for my 1st trip to Disneyland!
It's also the inaugural Avengers Weekend - so another 1st

CHECK OUT MY 1st PTR

Past Trips
Early 1990s-Offsite? MK & EPCOT, Oct 08–WDW–Honeymoon–All-Star Music-Jazz, Mar 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz&Broadway & DCL–7 Night Western-Magic, Feb 10–WDW–All Star Movies-Dalmatians, Oct 10–DCL–7 Night Eastern-Magic, Mar 11-WDW-All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 11-DCL-4 Night Bahamas-Dream & WDW - Pop, Dec 11-WDW-All Star Sports-Tennis, Feb 29 - 24hrs in MK!, May 13-EEC, Oct 14-ToT10Miler, Jan 15-Dopey Challange
TorontoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM   #2
TorontoGirl
Mouseketeer

Registration, Research & Reservation Time

In mid February 2014 there started to be some rumbling on social media - Twitter and Facebook and the like about something called #SmashtheHalf

I was SO EXCITED!!! There had been so many rumors about a Star Wars RunDisney event that this was unexpected - I was literally shaking as I refreshed my twitter feed on Feb 25th as it was announced.

So on March 25 at work I was on the RunDisney.com constantly rebooting as I worked to make sure I could register as soon as it opened at 12pm sharp! Sometimes it comes up a few minutes early so I was ready!

And then I made a critical mistake...I registered for the Half-Marathon first

The 5K sold out in less than 20 minutes! I kid you not! By the time I had registered my DH and I for the half the 5K was sold out and I missed our chance to do both races My own fault, but live and learn I guess Good News: We were registered for the Inaugural Avengers Super Hero Half Marathon!!!

I am a planner and with my 1st few WDW trips The Unofficial Guide to WDW was like a bible to me, I love my Passporter Guide book too So of course I went out and grabbed The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland 2014. I thought - hey it's a smaller location, only 2 parks, no problem - this should be a breeze! Man was I wrong! So many things to learn and adjust to...at the very least that I can't plan things out so far in advance. DL is just not set up that way. But 1st things 1st - hotel accommodation!

We looked at Unofficial and we started checking prices for the time we wanted to go at hotels within walking distance of the parks. Prices seemed higher than WDW and we wanted to get the most for our money - we would be staying 7 nights so it had to be nice, not just a crash pad.

Then my DH said what about here? He showed me a King Bed suite at La Quinta Anaheim Inn & Suites for $119 a night with...wait for it...a jetted tub! The sky's had opened - a jetted tub for after a half marathon - PERFECT! We knew that was a higher price but decided the tub would be worth it and booked! SCORE!

CHECK OUT MY 1st PTR

Past Trips
Early 1990s-Offsite? MK & EPCOT, Oct 08–WDW–Honeymoon–All-Star Music-Jazz, Mar 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz&Broadway & DCL–7 Night Western-Magic, Feb 10–WDW–All Star Movies-Dalmatians, Oct 10–DCL–7 Night Eastern-Magic, Mar 11-WDW-All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 11-DCL-4 Night Bahamas-Dream & WDW - Pop, Dec 11-WDW-All Star Sports-Tennis, Feb 29 - 24hrs in MK!, May 13-EEC, Oct 14-ToT10Miler, Jan 15-Dopey Challange

Last edited by TorontoGirl; Yesterday at 02:52 PM.
TorontoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: