Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #16
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Joining in!!
Cute story so far! And such a cute way to ask your bridesmaids!!!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #17
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

I agree!! What a cute way to ask your bridesmaids!! Not to mention a great keepsake, and to unleash your wedding DIY !!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #18
Jax32
Workin' on our Fairytale

Jackie & Ryan's 11.12.11 Wishes Wedding PJ

Choosing Our Venues & Signing the Dotted Line :: Part 1

Alright, so I guess I better let you guys in on where all of our events are going to be held. Our reception site was kind of a hands-down decision. We originally wanted an outdoor wedding back here in the midwest but I felt it was too risky. And all of the outdoor places we liked didn't offer proper back-up indoor venues incase of rain. Because of this, we decided that holding anything outdoors here in STL, was completely out of the picture! So, when we started looking at all of the Disney World venues, we were naturally pulled to anything outdoors, since that’s what we had originally wanted.

Before I continue, I want all of you to have a clearer picture of Ryan & I. Neither of us are extremists of our own gender. I am NOT uber-princess-y. I am feminine & love pink but instead of spending my money on clothes, shoes, jewelry & purses, I like to buy kitchen gadgets, games, electronics & travel. I grew up playing sports year-round. I can't stand Jersey Shore or The Bachelor/ette (no offense to anyone who does). Ryan is the same way with guy stuff... He'd rather drive a sports car than a big truck. He loves to play golf & tennis. (He's been giving me tennis lessons the past couple of weeks) We both LOVE to go see our Cardinals & Blues play! Any chance we get to play outside, we jump on it! We love going to the movies & hanging out with our family & friends. We try to play more board games and games on the Wii rather than watch TV. But when we do watch TV, it's on the Travel Channel, Food Network, History Channel, The Office or Family Guy. We have Inspirational Sundays where we watch shows like Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Undercover Boss & Secret Millionaire. It gets us pumped up to have a good work week and we get focused on the things in our lives that are really important. And, of course, we love Disney I'm telling you all of this because as you read my PJ, you'll have a better understanding of why we choose the things we do and what we would like.

Anyways, on with what decisions we have made... I LOVE themes! I like everything to coordinate, not really match, but go together. Now, I didn’t want anything overwhelming, mainly because DF and I are pretty eclectic and I had a little bit of a hard time pinning down something that we are equally passionate about. You know what I mean? It’s not like when people hear our names they think, “OMG they LOVE Scrabble!” Actually I think people would say, “Jackie & Ryan, they’ve been together forever. Aren’t they married yet?” haha! I was so excited to finally figure out what our subtle theme could be! We both love to travel! That was it! We haven’t done much outside of the States yet (I haven’t done anything outside the States), but we have done quite bit in the US. We try to take little weekend vacations as much as possible and we hope to be able to do ALOT of international traveling in the future. And it seemed appropriate since every one (except one) of our guests would have to travel to get there. DUH! Love it! Winner! lol Sorry, I had to make a little nod to Charlie Sheen’s craziness.

I also don’t really have a “signature” color. I like pink. I guess it’s like my default color. But DF doesn’t really dig it for him which is totally cool cause like I said before, I’m not uber-girly. I want something that will be timeless, but trendy at the same time. For a long time I was sure my BMs were going to be in classic black dresses to achieve this, but now I’ve settled on dark grey. Oooo, I know, big change! More on those later. I also have an array of skin tones in the wedding party and I didn’t want something that was going to wash anyone out. And so, the chosen primary color is…..

A Fiery Orange/Red!!

:: Next to come :: Choosing Our Venues & Signing the Dotted Line :: Part 2
Old 03-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #19
elle1024
Mouseketeer

Just found your PJ!
Loving everything so far!! How you guys hooked up and your proposal story are really cute, my DF and I are hs sweethearts too and when I was reading that he asked you out on a sheet of torn paper I was laughing so hard... what is it with guys at that age? My DF would tell me that my feet smelled because I was always in sandals... I guess that was the only thing he could come up with to start a conversation. BUT it worked I guess! oh & your scrapbooks for the BM are gorgeous!! Very creative. I definately cannot wait to see what else you come up with!

I also really like that you chose dark grey, I think that is a beautiful and very sophisticated color... and the orange will really pop with it!

I will stop rambling already, just love everything so far!!

[CENTER]Gisselle & Jose & our little Dylan
elle1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #20
Jax32
Workin' on our Fairytale

Thanks everyone! All of your comments were so nice. Congratulations on your engagement this year, Elle and have fun planning. I'll have to take a look at your PJ, too.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:30 AM   #21
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

hiya, I've only just stumbled across your PJ - wish I could write one as good as yours lol x

Everything looks brilliant, I love the way you asked your bridesmaids, so inventive. I wish I'd have been that exciting lol I just told mine to their faces ha ha

It's great you've been together as long as you have, all them wonderful memories.

So congratulations on your engagement and I look forward to more of your wedding planning.

heres to 2011 brides!
Old 03-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #22
PixieDust1969
Happily Married on Castaway Cay!

Location: In Florida, very close to WDW- about a 15 minute drive!

I am joining in! November 12, 2011 is my wedding date as well! I will be getting married on Castaway Cay. I loved your albums you did for your girls...what a great keepsake. I can't wait to see all of your projects!
Old 05-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #23
Jax32
Workin' on our Fairytale

Choosing Our Venues & Signing the Dotted Line :: Part 2
Alright, so now I’m going to jump to what our itinerary (roughly) is going to be. Oh I’m so excited!

Friday, November 11th:
Ceremony Rehearsal (3:00pm - 4:00pm)
Corpus Christi Catholic Church - Celebration, FL

Rehearsal Dinner (5:00pm - 7:00pm)
Location is TBD but we are looking at Cafe Tu Tu Tango on I-Drive
I think we will have our slideshow/video at this event since all of our guests are invited to this as well as the reception. It will be easier, and probably cheaper, to set this up at whatever restaurant we have the rehearsal at rather than at our reception.

Welcome Gathering (8:00pm - 10:00pm)
Epcot Dessert Party in Italy West Plaza
We are planning on having casual desserts. Not the uber-fancy stuff.

Saturday, November 12th… THE BIG DAY:
Ceremony (2:00pm - 3:15pm) It’s going to be a full Catholic mass.
Corpus Christi Catholic Church - Celebration, FL
We will do some photos at the church… but not a lot.

Photo Session (4:00pm - 6:00pm)
We would like to go with our adult wedding party to the Boardwalk and 1 other location to take some fun photos. Any suggestions on the second place?

Cocktail Hour (7:00pm - 8:00pm)
The Streets of Harambe Village - DAK
This is where our DJ will be so there will be music, tall boy tables and guests will be able to see the cake. I’ve also asked about having Disney set up a DIY “photobooth”. All I think we will need is a basket of props, a camera on a tripod and a sign with instructions on how to use the camera. My hope is that our guests will have fun taking photos of each other and we will have some great stuff at the end. Also during this time, my hope is that us and our wedding party will be able to walk in before our guests to take some photos around DAK (not everywhere, just around our reception area) while our guests are enjoying the cocktail hour.

Reception (8:00pm - 12:00pm)
Tamu Tamu - Harambe Village - DAK
Once it is time to be seated for dinner, the curtains will open and guests will be taken into Tamu Tamu Courtyard. We’re still working on the details but we couldn’t be more excited about our location! It’s truly a dream come true!

Once we got all of that figured out, signed our contract & sent in the dough. We are now officially locked into payin’ the Mouse.

Note to Catholic brides:
Please let me know if you have any questions. I went through the disappointment of finding out if I wanted a Catholic wedding, I wouldn’t be able to have it on Disney property. But now that it is all in place, I actually feel much better with it being this way. Our faith is very important to both of us. It is a large part of who we are. And while having a wedding is sooo much fun, the most important part of our day is the vow we are taking and how blessed we are to have found someone we want to spend the rest of our life with… Aaaaand, it also made my mom happy

:: Next to come :: THE DRESS!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #24
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting everything nailed down! Can't wait to see what you've chosen for the dress!
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #25
Jax32
Workin' on our Fairytale

Thanks Mindy! It feels good to have most of the number crunching and information gathering behind us.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #26
Jax32
Workin' on our Fairytale

Red face :: THE DRESS :: Jackie & Ryan's 11.12.11 Wishes Wedding PJ

THE DRESS!!!
Oh, the dress… *sigh* My dress is the one thing out of our entire wedding so far that I was COMPLETELY wrong about what I thought I wanted. Unfortunately, I can’t go into great detail in writing – DF enjoys reading what I post. I’ll just post the links below for what my top 3 picks were and you’ll see that my 2 runner-up dresses are totally different from the Chosen One. Feel free to post what you like about them. I’ll just let him know what he’s allowed to read.

2nd Runner-up:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56906764@N06/5538065792

1st Runner-up:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56906764@N06/5538058730/

My Dress:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56906764@N06/5538062344/

And maybe my hair: (I’m really struggling with what to do with my hair!!!)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56906764@N06/5538060768/

I ended up buying it off the rack for 75% off!!!! I know, total fashion faux pas, but I couldn’t pass up getting it at that amazing price! Parents totally loved this, too The shop was closing so they had to get rid of everything. So sad to see it go. It was really nice for a local boutique! And the owner couldn’t have been nicer. I would also like to mention that I’ve lost 13 lbs. (1 pants size) since these were taken in October last year. I’m excited to have it taken in! Oh, the weight loss journey… we should talk about that, too. What we go through to look bombshell on our big day.

:: Next to come :: Save-the-Dates: How A Single Card Turns Into A Box
Old 05-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #27
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

All of the dresses are GORGEOUS!! But I do love the chosen one
I think the way you have your hair looks beautiful! I'm struggling with my hair as well... I've changed my mind a thousand times on it!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #28
Jax32
Workin' on our Fairytale

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post
All of the dresses are GORGEOUS!! But I do love the chosen one
I think the way you have your hair looks beautiful! I'm struggling with my hair as well... I've changed my mind a thousand times on it!
Thank you! I'm very happy I'm still in love with it. I'm so indecisive that I've been terrified that I won't like it anymore when the day comes.

Yea, I'm really confused about my hair! I always thought I would definitely wear it down but now I'm not so sure. I think DF would like it down so I'm going to try to find middle ground. I'm just worried the style won't hold all day if it's down the whole time. We'll see... I have long, thick hair so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #29
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Just popping in, mostly because I love your first name. It's a great name, you know! :P :P

Anyway, I love everything so far! Your dress is GORGEOUS--- and I love the fact that you bought it off the rack for 75% off?! Tamu Tamu is also an amazing place for a reception.

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #30
Kluhxrenay
Earning My Ears

Congrats on the big day! I'm getting married on 11.26.11 hopefully!
I need to call Thursday an hopefully get our date reserved. It's tough waiting just to book our date. Good Luck with the planning!
Kluhxrenay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: