Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #61
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
We watch the Graham Norton show on BBC (LOVE IT) and just recently Ricky Gervais and his writing partner were on. The man is 6'7" and they asked him to do a cart wheel.

The comment was "he's going to look like the London Eye (the huge ferris wheel type thing)."

I completely stopped thinking about the joke and started thinking "oh...we're going to see that. I'm a bit terrified of heights. Will I go on that? The view must be amazing. I wonder if the pods are air conditioned? How many people fit in one pod?"

I imagine it will get worse as the time gets closer.
LOVE Graham Norton His earlier show on channel 4 - So Graham Norton was a bit more racey but soooooo funny

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181255/

4OD Entertanment has a channel on you tube with his shows on - you may not be able to access it from the US, I'm not posting a link but try searching.

Here is a picture of the London Eye - I've not been on it but they look pretty spacious, you can walk all the way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I've got the new BBC "Sherlock" series recorded to watch. London! Sherlock Holmes! I think I'm going to have to rent "Dr. Who". This could get really bad! If I start talking with a British accent at work, they may have me committed!

It will probably color my re-watching of HP 7.1, too!

PARIS!!! LONDON!!! DISNEYLAND PARIS!!!

Sayhello
The most recent Dr Who - Matt Smith is fab IMHO. There were some great episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenashaCorp View Post
Having just returned from a London honeymoon, I'd suggest those of you with iPhones (possibly others too, I don't know) get the free app "TubeMap" if you plan on using the London Underground. I pull it up once in a while just to check out, say, how the Bakerloo Line is running. Very handy. *Wistful sigh* I miss the UK. Prices? Not so much.
Good plan, it's so easy to go in the wrong direction on the tube - make sure you know if it's going North, South, East or West. If you do go the wrong way the easiest thing to do is get off at the next stop (they're fairly close in central London) and go back the way you came. You may have to climb a lot of stairs in some stations, they have escalators but they can be broken! They have elevators too (lifts) but they can take a while.

Yep London prices are crazy but so are DLRP ones! Oh and VAT is going up in January So it will be 20% tax on sales instead of 17.5%
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Becx N Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #62
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Gordon Ramsey did a pop up restaurant in the London Eye in October

http://www.londoneye.com/NewsAndEven...0/Default.aspx
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #63
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becx N Gav View Post
Gordon Ramsey did a pop up restaurant in the London Eye in October

http://www.londoneye.com/NewsAndEven...0/Default.aspx
OMG, I had *NO* idea the pods were that large!

I just may be able to do that!

(I made them let me off of the Ferris Wheel at California Adventure. Just *could* not handle it!!!)

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #64
wishspirit
When you wish upon a star!
I am a shy girl who loves to laugh!
Im just greedy i suppose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
John, I feel your pain! Every time I ask a question to Christy, she answers me back in her "outrageous accent." And she calls me a silly English Pig Dog.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
We watch the Graham Norton show on BBC (LOVE IT) and just recently Ricky Gervais and his writing partner were on. The man is 6'7" and they asked him to do a cart wheel.

The comment was "he's going to look like the London Eye (the huge ferris wheel type thing)."

I completely stopped thinking about the joke and started thinking "oh...we're going to see that. I'm a bit terrified of heights. Will I go on that? The view must be amazing. I wonder if the pods are air conditioned? How many people fit in one pod?"

I imagine it will get worse as the time gets closer.
The London Eye is amazing, a must do! Pods don't really need to be air conditioned, as it never really gets that hot, and it's only for 30 minutes. When I went on, there were about 15/ 20 in one pod, with loads of space to sit down and move around and see the view. For me it felt like being in a tall building, looking out the window, nothing more threatening that that.

Are you planning to do a meet somewhere? I'd love to meet you all as I live so close! If you are planning one in Disneyland Paris I *might* be able to make it there either!

(I really want to hold a meet, as currently it is looking like a long time until my next visit to Florida!)

wishspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #65
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becx N Gav View Post
The most recent Dr Who - Matt Smith is fab IMHO. There were some great episodes
I'm afraid I'll always be a Tom Baker girl. He was the Doctor when I spent 6 months in England as an exchange student. I think your first Doctor is always special. Although I am rather fond of 10, also!

Sayhello

Old 11-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #66
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm afraid I'll always be a Tom Baker girl. He was the Doctor when I spent 6 months in England as an exchange student. I think your first Doctor is always special. Although I am rather fond of 10, also!

Sayhello
I'm enjoying Matt Smith as the Doctor but David Tennant is my favorite. I only started watching with Chris Eccleston...it is hard to imagine so many other people playing the part before him. I just rewatched The Girl in the Fireplace (Series 2) episode that is set at Versailles. Good episode plus....WE WILL ALL BE THERE IN 9 MONTHS!!!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:09 AM   #67
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG, I had *NO* idea the pods were that large!

I just may be able to do that!

(I made them let me off of the Ferris Wheel at California Adventure. Just *could* not handle it!!!)

Sayhello
I hate ferris wheels and cable cars but I think I would go on the London Eye, it looks very stable and I guess you wouldn't get much movement inside the pods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishspirit View Post
Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries!

The London Eye is amazing, a must do! Pods don't really need to be air conditioned, as it never really gets that hot, and it's only for 30 minutes. When I went on, there were about 15/ 20 in one pod, with loads of space to sit down and move around and see the view. For me it felt like being in a tall building, looking out the window, nothing more threatening that that.

Are you planning to do a meet somewhere? I'd love to meet you all as I live so close! If you are planning one in Disneyland Paris I *might* be able to make it there either!

(I really want to hold a meet, as currently it is looking like a long time until my next visit to Florida!)
I'm hoping we'll have the chance for a get together. We're not going to Florida next year, we may be able to swing it for a quick DLRP trip

Quote:

Sayhello
For my it's Sylvestor McCoy - those cyber men scared the wotsits out of me when I was younger

Last edited by Becx N Gav; 11-25-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #68
tardis1029
First trip in'73 and still going strong!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
With all these whovins on the boards we could have our own mini convention. Maybe find a Cybermen or a Daleks or two.
John

Last edited by tardis1029; 11-25-2010 at 09:59 AM.
tardis1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #69
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Just looking at the list of people who have signed up for this trip already is getting me very excited to go!!!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:46 AM   #70
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

happy thanksgiving!!!

Old 11-25-2010, 04:27 PM   #71
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I am definitely counting my Disney blessings today!!! Looking forward to adventuring abroad with you!
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #72
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

With the Podcast being on hiatus, I went searching for something to listen to. I found the Visit London podcast. It is pretty interesting. Each episode is relatively short (10 - 15 minutes) and focuses on one place or thing to do in London. The only danger is that I'm going to want to fit in everything that is mentioned into our visit...I'm only three episodes in and already have a list of "must do's" going.

I recommend the podcast if you are looking for more information...or just want to get even more excited about the trip.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:10 PM   #73
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
With the Podcast being on hiatus, I went searching for something to listen to. I found the Visit London podcast. It is pretty interesting. Each episode is relatively short (10 - 15 minutes) and focuses on one place or thing to do in London. The only danger is that I'm going to want to fit in everything that is mentioned into our visit...I'm only three episodes in and already have a list of "must do's" going.

I recommend the podcast if you are looking for more information...or just want to get even more excited about the trip.
Ooooo... Sounds cool. Did you find them on iTunes?

Sayhello

Old 11-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #74
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ooooo... Sounds cool. Did you find them on iTunes?

Sayhello
I did find them on iTunes. Enjoy!

Old 11-27-2010, 09:32 PM   #75
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
I did find them on iTunes. Enjoy!
Thanks!

Sayhello

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: