Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2010, 09:04 AM   #31
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

great update! Looks like you guys had a fun time even with the rain
Old 12-08-2010, 09:57 AM   #32
SerpentQueenClaire
Mouseketeer

Really enjoying reading about your trip! Love finding out about other people's weddings and it makes me even more excited for mine. Can't wait for more! Looks like it was a lot of fun x
SerpentQueenClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2010, 01:29 PM   #33
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie921 View Post
I'm also looking forward to reading more!

Oh, and I have a quick question for you about the vans you rented for the dessert party ... were they really only $50 round trip? Or am I doing my math wrong, LOL? I'm asking because my PassPorter weddings book says it's $221 round trip for a van that carries 11 people ... if it's really only $50, I'd be so happy!
The vans were $25.00 each way and seats only 8 people. But we were able to rent enough vans to transport our guests and when we did the math it came out way better than renting the charter bus. Everyone arrived to the ceremony site on time and were picked up/dropped off on time for the DP. I would advise anyone to go this route if your trying to budget in transportation. HTH!

VACATIONS
* May 2008 - Off Property (1st visit) * October 2009 - Off Property (Engagement) * November 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside (Wedding) * September 2011 - Boardwalk Resort Inn
* May 2012 - Las Vegas (The Venetian) * October 2012 - Italy
* December 2012 - Dolphin * May 2013 - Vegas (The Venetian) * December 2013 - The Boardwalk Inn!
NYPrincess422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:41 PM   #34
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

Day 2 / Part 2

Hey! Sorry ladies, I'm still waiting on my professional pictures and I'm right in the middle of finals, but that's no excuse, so lets kick this into high gear.

So, after we parted from the girls, DH and I went back to the room, and of course we were greeted with some Disney love.

Yea I know, big deal, they do that in every room...but it was in our room and I was already feeling a little giddy So, we got ready to meet up with a few of DH's friends for dinner at BOMA. Which, I have to say, was amazing. We were a little unsure at first because the description of the place stated "African Food" some where and we really weren't sure what to expect. But, it was very delicious. DH, as well as the others, where very impressed.

Unfortunately, these are my only pictures at BOMA because right around the time that we arrived...I started to feel sick. Well, more like, my throat was starting to hurt. But, our waiter was so sweet and noticed that I wasnt feeling so well, so she recommended me to drink up on some green tea, which she brought right over. After dinner, the 6 of us decided to walk around the lobby and take a few pictures.

Me being silly.

The resort was just breath-taking...I can see why it is so popular and honestly why its one of the pricier places to stay at. Very cool.

Us getting lost, leaving the lobby. After taking our pictures, the night was getting late but still not super late where we were ready to go to bed so we decided to go to City Walk.

We arrived to City Walk...the crowds were still pretty heavy from all of the restaurants and bars. We walked around, looked in some stores, took some pictures. For some reason I cant find those pictures at the moment...tbd...anyway, so as we are leaving City Walk, we pass by the area where there is a timed system of water that spouts from the ground. Its hard to explain. So I turn and look at DH and say "do you think you can run across that without getting wet?" and DH says, "sure, watch"...Before I realize what is about to happen, DH picks me up, throws me over his shoulder and runs through the water...

And of course, we got wet! It was pretty hilarious walking back to the car, drenched. But it was fun and with that we closed the night with everyone and headed back to our resort.

Day 3

Today, was my Girls Night Out day! But, before we got to that...me, DH and the same group of friends from the night before went to Animal Kingdom, I guess we couldn't get enough

VACATIONS
* May 2008 - Off Property (1st visit) * October 2009 - Off Property (Engagement) * November 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside (Wedding) * September 2011 - Boardwalk Resort Inn
* December 2012 - Dolphin * May 2013 - Vegas (The Venetian) * December 2013 - The Boardwalk Inn!
Old 12-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #35
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

Day 3...

Of course, we went through the safari.

Then we saw Lion King.

Unfortunately after the show had concluded, DH had to take me back to the resort and get ready for my Girls Night Out.

Up Next: My "tea party"

VACATIONS
Old 01-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #36
weedee

any new wedding review/TR updates?
Old 03-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #37
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

Day 3 / Part 2 - Girls Night

After a few hours at AK - I headed back to the resort to change and meet the girls.

I wasnt fully aware of what the day's plans were going to be. I knew that we were going out to dinner, but just not sure of where...until we arrived to The Poly and then I saw The Spirit of Aloha sign woo hoo

I was beyond surprised. I had read about the show all over DIS and had never mentioned this to the girls so it was sweet that they had set this up for us. At this point, the sun was going down and it was getting a little dark. Totally setting the mood for what was to come. Then we were seated.

We had a wonderful view, awesome drinks and the feast was soooo filling. Then, the show began

Sorry for the blurriness...they were movin it/ shakin it so fast that I had to be quick with the camera

The finale was the absolute coolest, the tricks that this guy did was a little scary but he definitely is a professional.

After the show, I was surprised to learn that the night wasnt over. The girls and I went back to their hotel, got dolled up and then things got interesting.

Surprise, surprise; the girls were taking me out of Disney to have a night out. It turned out to be a lot of fun. Of course I had to wear the "Bach Night" gear - only in the car while we pre-gamed on our way to the club.

A while later...

Hours later - we were "home-bound" back to Disney.

The following day was, uh, a little difficult. DH and I had to get up pretty early to go pick up all the guys and drive out to Men's Wearhouse to pick up the tuxes. Boy, did that turn out to be some drama. This is one of the moments that I hate to remember. Basically, they never shipped a tux...2 of the groomsmen were uncomfortable with the fit of their tuxes and the service wasnt that great. MW initial response was "well, there's nothing we can do..." They werent apologetic and initially werent gonna try to help us alter the two pants' for the groomsmen. We wasted 3 1/2 hours there waiting for them to figure out what they were going to do

Sitting there for hours...waiting for some kind of resolution...

Check out the groomsman's tight pants..he couldnt barely breath.

The other groomsman was helping DH get dressed, awww

Finally MW was able to pull 2 pairs of pants from their wearhouse ...sadly due to all the time that had been wasted, we were now on the verge of being late to our rehearsal. At this point I really needed a little pixie dust

Up next: Rehearsal and Welcome Dinner

VACATIONS

Last edited by NYPrincess422; 03-13-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #38
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

Day 4 / Rehearsal & Welcome Dinner

Due to the time that was wasted at MW...DH and I were late to rehearsal. We had to make a mad dash and pick up his grandma and get over to The Boardwalk. Unfortunately, Rev. Day had to leave for another wedding, which is understandable, and thankfully our planner, Amy, was able to walk us through a few practice runs.

The Junior Groomsman was very excited (being that he is only 12) to walk with two girls on his arm

It was actually pretty cold that day, hence all of us girls wearing jackets. After the rehearsal, it was time to head to DTD for our Welcome Dinner at Bongos.

Then we were seated up-stairs, which was great because it gave us a lot of room to spread out.

DH took a snap shot of his plate...The package we purchased at Bongos was either a chicken or steak plate / some veggie options / and of course Sangria

We set up a table of gifts for the Bridal Party.

I love this picture of one of the groomsmen, opening his gift, the look on his face always makes me laugh because I can hear what he's saying..."sweeeet"

DH got the guys a Burberry wallet.

Then, during dinner, these three gentlemen came and played some music for us.

After dinner, DH and I both gave a speech about how thankful we were for everyone who came, passed out the gifts to the Bridal Party and then it was picture & drinks time! The countdown had begun to the next day of walking down the aisle.

Us, and the MOH and BM ...who are now dating. More on that later.

DH and a groomsman.

After the dinner, it was time for me and the girls to head back to POR. We had decided that to make things easier, they would spend the night with me and DH would stay at the Boardwalk. Now, looking back, I would change this DH later told me that he really enjoyed staying at The Boardwalk and for the life of me, I dont know why we (the girls) didnt take the better upgrade but its all good. Apparently, the BM stayed with DH at the Boardwalk - they went out that night and got some drinks and then ordered room service the morning of the wedding. Here's a picture of the room they stayed in.

Way better than our room at POR but Im excited to stay at different resorts on future trips to the world.

Up Next: Wedding Day

VACATIONS
Old 03-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #39
weedee

yay you've updated!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: