Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2010, 07:27 AM   #16
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

yay you started your TR! It looks like you had a great birthday! Did you like staying at Port Orleans in the "bayou" section? I love that resort
Old 11-17-2010, 09:21 AM   #17
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Hey! I am so glad that you decided to do a TR. The picture from your wedding day is beautiful - congratulations on being married!!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #18
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

Isn't it great that just when you think DF/DH can't get any better, and then they surprise you? So sweet! <3!

Love the TR so far!! Wedding picture teaser is stunning!!

Can't wait to see more!

Congrats again!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #19
Sccrmnky2005
Already Earned My Ears ;)

Everything sounds like so much fun so far!! Can't wait to hear about all the days leading up to your wedding!!
3/7/2010- 4 night Disney Wonder, Engagement Suprise
1/21/2011- 2 Night Disney Dream Preview Cruise
TRIP REPORT
6/23/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy- Western, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise
6/30/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy-Eastern, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise

Wedding PJ & TR
Sccrmnky2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #20
puente0629
DIS Veteran

Awesome!!! Can't wait to read some more

Also, DVC is so worth it!!! If you visit Disney once a year and love staying at the deluxe resorts (or ever wanted to) then DVC is the way to go. You save so much money in the long wrong and it's something your family and future kids can enjoy. Plus, now you can use your membership to visit their Hawaii resort, which we will be doing in 2012. We ended up booking 5 nights at BLT in a 1bedroom lake view and 4 nights at the BW in a studio boardwalk view for 200 points, it would of cost us over $4000.00 just for the rooms.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #21
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

Love the TR so far...can't wait to read more. You looked beautiful in your birthday dress!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #22
PinkSleepingBeauty
DIS Veteran

Wow what a great photo, you look lovely, look forward to seeing more. Just reading your TR I've realised we got engaged in the same spot! Congrats again on your wedding.

Natalie & Phil's Long Overdue Planning Journal : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2648880

PinkSleepingBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #23
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

Day 1/ Part 2

Thank you to everyone who has been reading along and a Happy Thanksgiving! I just got home from the "Black Friday" sales ~ there's some nut jobs out there Anyway, back to the TR.

On a side note, I just wanted to say that we received a refund of $3,000 from Disney based on the BOC bar. I had been really nervous about this but it obviously worked out to our advantage

After we left MK we decided to head over to Bonnet Creek resort (which is on property but a part of the Wyndham (sp?) resorts) where one of DH's friends was staying with his wife. We picked up the friends and headed back to the Poly for our ADR at Ohanas.

Hhhhmmmm. I cant even begin to say how good the food was. DH actually said, aside from Bongos (where we had our Welcome Dinner) that Ohanas would have been an excellent 2nd choice.

The food was amazing. But here's where I messed up. I had 3 of these

To me, it tasted like pure vodka. The bartender who made those drinks seemed to be heavy on the hand, meaning, poured a lot of alcohol in it (which was great!)

Unfortunately here is my only picture of food

Every few minutes they would come around with various meats, stacking it on our plates. DH was stuffed, I along with our friends was stuffed. After our meal, they came out with a little cupcake and candle which I thought was sweet because I didnt expect it. Our waiter got everyone to sing "Happy Birthday" which was so nice. Over all, they had great service, I was so pleased with everything. Im also glad that I spent some time on the restaurant boards because I learned about so many other places to eat at that I had never known about. DH was like "how do you know about this or that?"

After dinner, my bridal party from California had finally arrived, so I was anxious to get over to their condo and see them. I had seen my best friend a year ago but the other two girls, it has been about 7 years, so I couldn't wait to see them.

I cant remember where they stayed but I do remember that I ran to their front door and didnt even knock, I just busted through and tackled them to the floor

Here is the main area

Us in the kitchen, remember I already had those blue drinks, then we had some wine and were chatting it up

They bought me flowers for my birthday

And then the group of us

We stayed up for hours talking until finally DH reminded us that if we were planning to do parks the following day that we should go to sleep. So we said our good byes and made plans to meet up the following day for MK. (yep, I went again)

VACATIONS
* May 2008 - Off Property (1st visit) * October 2009 - Off Property (Engagement) * November 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside (Wedding) * September 2011 - Boardwalk Resort Inn
* May 2012 - Las Vegas (The Venetian) * October 2012 - Italy
* December 2012 - Dolphin * May 2013 - Vegas (The Venetian) * December 2013 - The Boardwalk Inn!
NYPrincess422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #24
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

Day 2 ~ MK With The Girls

DH and I woke up early to go have breakfast and walk around the resort for a bit while my West Coast girls tried to get ready but were pretty tired from the previous night and the difference in time change.

This was my first time having these

Not only were they cute but pretty good. So after we finished the waffles DH and I took a walk around Port Orleans Riverside. The resort is so beautiful. That morning, it was actually pretty over cast and there were predictions of rain all day. But this was really the only day me and the girls would have to go and have some fun. You cant let the rain get you down when your at Disney

I regret not having the time to take the boat to DTD but there's always next year's trip.

Finally, I get a call from the girls that they have arrived to POR and now we can all pile into the Mustang and head out to MK.

I think it's pretty funny that DH took a picture of me on the phone with my Minnie Mouse case.

Anyway, so we're off to MK.

The moment we're all there together, its like we went from being some 20-somethings to ten years old. My MOH was instantly singing the "Main Street Song" from when she was a kid. My BMs were like "oohhh ahhh"

VACATIONS
* May 2008 - Off Property (1st visit) * October 2009 - Off Property (Engagement) * November 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside (Wedding) * September 2011 - Boardwalk Resort Inn
* December 2012 - Dolphin * May 2013 - Vegas (The Venetian) * December 2013 - The Boardwalk Inn!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #25
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

Day 2 continued...

So, we're having a great time and what do you know...the rain begins I cant remember the name of the ride but we run quickly to the "jungle boat ride"...???....anyway, there's a small line but its under a covering (yes!) so we jump on that hoping to kill some time for the rain to pass.

We wait. We go on the ride and guess what, the rain is still coming down. So we run down a bit and go directly on to Pirates of The Caribbean.

So, we e come off of the Pirate's of Caribbean and its still raining. At this point Im getting a little concerned for my MOH because she had a thin tank top on that was gonna be see-through in a minute if she kept getting rained on, so we did the next best thing.

And because we love her we made fun of her for the rest of the day.

Magically, it stops raining, so we grab a quick lunch.

Nothing special. So we get through the park. We visited Buzz Light Year.

At this point I said, "this isnt a roller coaster is it?" (It was my first time riding this ride and I have a fear of coasters)

On to the fun!

After Buzz we came up on the "Move it, Shake it" parade!

VACATIONS

Last edited by NYPrincess422; 12-03-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #26
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

At this point we were getting pretty tired. We walked around, went on more rides and took more pictures.

After a long long day at MK, we finally called it quits and left.

Up Next: Dinner at Boma and City Walk, Universal

VACATIONS
Old 12-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #27
ValerieDFTWBride
Mouseketeer

Cant wait to read more!!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #28
mjshorses
Fezzik: Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by acid, or something like that? Man in Black: Oh no, it's just that they're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future. --The Princess Bride

What a great TR. I can't wait to hear more!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #29
Sccrmnky2005
Already Earned My Ears ;)

Love all the MK girls day pictures!! Can't wait to read more! Looks like you had a great time!
3/7/2010- 4 night Disney Wonder, Engagement Suprise
1/21/2011- 2 Night Disney Dream Preview Cruise
TRIP REPORT
6/23/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy- Western, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise
6/30/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy-Eastern, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise

Wedding PJ & TR
Sccrmnky2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #30
pixie921
DIS Veteran

I'm also looking forward to reading more!

Oh, and I have a quick question for you about the vans you rented for the dessert party ... were they really only $50 round trip? Or am I doing my math wrong, LOL? I'm asking because my PassPorter weddings book says it's $221 round trip for a van that carries 11 people ... if it's really only $50, I'd be so happy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: