Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

Our Disney Wedding TR ~ SBP/Ariels/UK Lochside ~ Day 4 - Rehearsal & Welcome Dinner

We're back and we're married!!!!!! Its almost surreal when I stop and realize that I'm the new Mrs . We had an amazing time at Disney with our pre-game of park hopping, my girls night out, our welcome dinner, and finally, the wedding. I figured I would share our experiences for any future brides who are interested in our ceremony/reception/and DP site.

Up Next: Days Before Leaving to Disney

VACATIONS
* May 2008 - Off Property (1st visit) * October 2009 - Off Property (Engagement) * November 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside (Wedding) * September 2011 - Boardwalk Resort Inn
* May 2012 - Las Vegas (The Venetian) * October 2012 - Italy
* December 2012 - Dolphin * May 2013 - Vegas (The Venetian) * December 2013 - The Boardwalk Inn!

Last edited by NYPrincess422; 03-13-2011 at 10:33 AM.
NYPrincess422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Congratulations! The 2 of you look so great!! I cant wait to read more and see your pics! Im having my reception at Ariels too so Im really looking forward to seeing your pics from that as you dont see many receptions there!!

KitKat5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

You look amazingly beautiful and happy!!!
Congrats to you, Mrs.
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • UPCOMING: May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

What a gorgeous picture!!! Many congratulations to you both.

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #5
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

you looked really beautiful! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

gorgeous, what a great picture! Can't wait to see more and hear about your day
Old 11-12-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
April Elizabeth
Mouseketeer

You looked beautiful! Can't wait to hear more!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #8
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat5 View Post
Congratulations! The 2 of you look so great!! I cant wait to read more and see your pics! Im having my reception at Ariels too so Im really looking forward to seeing your pics from that as you dont see many receptions there!!
Thank you! We loved Ariels, I'll definitely post pictures of it as soon as I get them from the photographer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
You look amazingly beautiful and happy!!!
Congrats to you, Mrs.
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
What a gorgeous picture!!! Many congratulations to you both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Disney Bride View Post
you looked really beautiful! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Thank you, congrats on your pregnancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedee View Post
gorgeous, what a great picture! Can't wait to see more and hear about your day
Thank you, Ive been slacking a bit, but Im getting on the TR lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Elizabeth View Post
You looked beautiful! Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you!!!!

VACATIONS
* May 2008 - Off Property (1st visit) * October 2009 - Off Property (Engagement) * November 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside (Wedding) * September 2011 - Boardwalk Resort Inn
* December 2012 - Dolphin * May 2013 - Vegas (The Venetian) * December 2013 - The Boardwalk Inn!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #9
puente0629
DIS Veteran

Yayyy! you started!!! Love the pic you look so pretty, cant wait to see more.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #10
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

Days Before...

The last two weeks were very chaotic for us as Im sure many other Brides have experienced before you leave for Disney. So one day DF says to me "lets go out for a nice lunch and go see a Broadway show? How about Little Mermaid?" Which, seemed too cute being that our reception site was Ariels. So I agreed and we made a date for that Saturday. On Friday, I went online and looked up a few reviews on the show, listened to "A Part of Your World" ~ "Under The Sea" ~ "Kiss the Girl" etc...all to get in the mood.

The next day, we're getting ready to leave. It was a chilly day in NYC so I threw on some nice pants and a sweater, which DF says, "why dont you dress up?" ...That was a little odd since he never minds what I wear, so I changed my sweater, which he says, "how about a dress?" ...alright, lol. So we leave, me in a nice dress, him in slacks and a button down shirt.

So we stop at the bank, get some money, and head over to the restaurant. Park. Walking in.....then I hear "SURPRISE" ....it was a surprise Bridal Shower ...he along with one of my bridesmaids had planned this all along for the past few months .

As we had walked in, I totally burst into tears because I had never been surprised like that. It was so sweet to see my friends and family there and I was in total shock for about an hour before I could really relax.

We all sat down to eat, talk and drink Mimosas. My bridesmaid suddenly came over to me and said "I want you to speak to someone who really wanted to be here but couldnt"...I take the phone and its my best friend who lives in California (also who was the Maid of Honor) on the phone, again, the tears flow! I was sooooo emotional ~ it was quite rediculous.

After I dried my tears, we had a fabulous meal, and of course opened gifts, which of course were all Disney related.

Unforunately I was so wrapped up in things that I didnt take many pictures

I did how ever get a picture of the favors that my Bridesmaid gave out to everyone, tada

Cinderella's Carriage (chocolate....yuummmmy)

During all of this, DF had left to leave us have our girl fun. I thought it was so sweet that he went through all the trouble to help plan my bridal shower with my Bridesmaid After the shower, me and DF did decide to go out and have a night out on the town. It was truely a great day to let down the stress for a moment and be around my friends and family and let loose.

And then...in a blink of an eye, it was the day before we were to fly out to Disney

VACATIONS
Old 11-16-2010, 05:14 AM   #11
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Aww thats so lovely!! What a great surprise!!

KitKat5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #12
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

The Business

I figured before I started on the official trip report that I would post up pertinent information.

Ceremony: Sea Breeze Point
Time: Noon

Reception: Ariels
Time: 1pm-5pm

DP: Epcot, United Kingdom, Lower
Time: 8pm-9:30pm

Guest Count: 45 (including Bride & Groom)

Transportation: For the wedding we had 1 limo for the bridal party. The majority of our guests were staying at Caribbean Beach Resort and All Star Movies so we chartered (1) van to pick up guests from Caribbean Beach and (2) vans to pick up from All Star Movies. The vans dropped the guests off at the Boardwalk Resort 30 minutes before we were due to start. After the ceremony majority of the guests did walk from SBP to Beach Club and after the reception we did charter the same number of vans to pick-up the guests from Beach Club and take them back to their resort. Each van was $25.00 each way and only carried up to 8 individuals, so over all we spent $150.00 (for the vans). There were a few individuals who had rented cars who just drove and parked at the resort. Over all we were very pleased with how this turned out; didn't cost an arm and a leg and everyone was guaranteed a ride.

The Menu:

Pre-Reception: We served the following items for $28.00 per person.

*Crab Cakes
*Spring Rolls
*Assorted Fruit

Reception: We served the following items for buffet at $72.00 per person.

* Medley of Greens and Herbs Salad with Balsamic Dressing
* Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil with Balsamic Dressing
*Penne Pasta Primavera with Alfredo Sauce
*Vegetables
*Garlic Crusted Breast with Marsala Sauce
*Herb Crusted Tilapia filet with lemon and capers
*New York Strip Steak
*Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
*Assorted rolls
*Key Lime Pie

Bar Package: Open, BOC

DP Menu: We served the following items for $24.00 per person

*Hand Dipped Ice cream (following flavors: vanilla bean, chocolate, strawberry)
*Served with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, strawberry sauce, oreo crumbs, candy pieces, whipped cream, cherries, nuts and jimmies
*Chocolate fudge brownies
*Fresh Fruit Salad
*Along with the small assortments (coffees, teas, etc)

Transportation: Again, we hired the vans, for this event we had 6 vans which amounted to $300 round trip. We entered through the back entrance which was very cool and very affordable

I'm sure there are more items that I am leaving out, I guess as I progress through the TR, I'll make sure to include prices as to where I forgot to mention here.

Next: Day 1

VACATIONS
Old 11-16-2010, 07:44 PM   #13
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

Day 1 / Part 1

Its Disney Day

We arrived just before noon and I was ready to hit the parks. Not only were we there to get married but it was my birthday so I was ready to go have some fun. Ironically, one of my friend's from college who was coming down for the wedding had booked her and her boyfriend's flight along with me and DF's flight so it was cool for us to travel down together. After arriving to MCO we decided that rather than they wait around for Magic Express ~ we would all drive in together. So we grab our luggage and head to the car rental counter. Of course DF rents a convertible Mustang ~ Not the most practical but hey, we're getting married

Would you believe that 4 people with luggage actually fit into that thing??? I along with the attendant at the pick-up area for the car were shocked. Anyway, so we're coasting along with the top down and what would you know we saw...

The driver was really putting the gas to that thing Before I knew it, we had arrived ...

First Stop: Caribbean Beach Resort to drop off my friends

I'm such a rookie, I never knew that the resorts had their own street names

After dropping them off, we took a few turns and headed to Port Orleans Riverside where we were staying for our trip.

So, being optimistic, we went to see if our room was ready for check-in...nope......since we didnt have breakfast and we were well into the afternoon, we headed to DTD for some lunch.

So, DTD was deserted! I have never seen this place so empty, DF and I joked about coming to Disney during the beginning of November more often.

After a bit of walking, we decided to have lunch at Paradisio 37 which I had heard of from here on the DIS

Now, I know some Brides on here have mentioned this place in regards to a location for a Welcome/Rehearsal dinner...eh....I'm not big on the decor so it wouldn't be for my taste. The seating for outside was definitely nice and right along the water's edge. Anyway, on with the food!

I ordered:

This was soooo good. It was 4 skewers of beef and 4 skewers of pork hmmmmmm hmmmmmm. Normally, I'm a very picky eater. I'm the type of person that will order the same thing from the same restaurant but I knew for this trip I wanted to branch and try new things.

DF ordered:

He loved his food, when the server took his plate away, it was empty.

After lunch we walked around, killed some time, waiting for our text message from the resort saying that our room was ready. We went and visited DF's long time friend who was staying at Bonnet Creek resort which is on property but not a Disney resort. His time-share was beautiful! It really got me and DF into thinking about purchasing a time-share...maybe even through Disney, but we're looking more into that and crunching some numbers. Its hard for me to tell if its really worth it or not. Anyway, so finally, we receive our text message We run back to our resort, collect our room keys and race to find our room.

VACATIONS
Old 11-16-2010, 08:13 PM   #14
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

This was my first time staying on property so any and everything that was Disney I took a picture of. By this time we only have a few hours before MK closes, so we quickly showered, changed and headed out to celebrate my birthday!

So we walk in and its just wonderful. I'm sure everyone knows that feeling, when you first walk into MK and you see main street and the shops and then the castle

Of course, I had to take a picture of where he proposed.

Now, its birthday time!!!

And wouldn't you know, a parade was in full swing

Then we take some pictures with Minnie!

We did as much as we could in those last few hours. Finally, it was time for the Wishes fireworks, which were awesome, as usual.

After the fireworks, DF and I walked around in the shops, stalling time for the crowds to thin out. Before we left, DF insisted that I go back to the spot where he first proposed so that we could take the same picture.

Day He Proposed:

Current:

At this point, I was a little exhausted, but our night wasnt over!

Up Next: Dinner at Ohanas with friends and me re-uniting with my bridal party from California

VACATIONS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: