Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports > California & the West Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2010, 06:15 PM   #31
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Yay. I love your pictures. And the teddy bear bread oh my goodness.
I know, right! Although I'm a little more partial to the little turtles!

Blogging about life and Disney
Live Well - Laugh Often - Run Disney

Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #32
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
I know, right! Although I'm a little more partial to the little turtles!
Face it they are all cute!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #33
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Face it they are all cute!!
So, so, so true! Man, now I'm craving bread.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:21 PM   #34
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
So, so, so true! Man, now I'm craving bread.
Me too and I am making chili for dinner.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:13 PM   #35
tdashgirl
DIS Veteran

That bread is adorable! And yummy ... I'm drooling just thinking about fresh sourdough!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #36
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdashgirl View Post
That bread is adorable! And yummy ... I'm drooling just thinking about fresh sourdough!!!
It so does!! I absolutely love bread. I remember getting a sourdough chili bowl at DLR back in September, only I got the chili separate and ended up munching on the bread bowl all the way back to the HOJO. It was so delicious. Mmmm.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #37
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Cool Dog Walk Challenge 2010 - Update #1

Alright, so on top of this being about the things I do living in the Bay Area I figure I might as well keep track of how well I'm doing on this: my Dog Walking Challenge! So I've been restarting this over and over for a couple of months now (think back to the summer of 2010 while I was gearing up for the 10k AIDS walk) but it just hasn't stuck. It almost reminds me of my goal to get "soda sober" of which I am now 2 months into and going strong. I just want to get into the habit of walking our dog consistently, both for her benefit and for mine seeing as neither one of us gets much exercise (but she shows it more than I do). Believe me, by no stretch of the imagination do I think I am fat or in need of loosing any weight, as I'm sure you'd agree with me if you've seen photos, but it irks me that I'm not in shape like I was when I was in high school and on the swim team or track team. So my goal is just to get in shape, tone my legs up a little more. I'll figure out where to go from there!

Well, today I have restarted my challenge once more and it was a success. We took a walk down to say hi to my dad at his shop (he is a cabinet maker) which was about 1.25 miles each way which gives us a total of 2.5 miles altogether!

And we survived!!

Unfortunately there was nothing exciting to see otherwise I would have taken my brand new P&S along with me and posted some photos.

The goal is to go for a walk every day that I either (a) don't work or (b) get off before 11a. So this week I want to get out again tomorrow (Wednesday) since I'm off and then again on Thursday since I get off at 10a. Depending on how I'm feeling on Friday I may got on a later walk in the afternoon after my family gets off work so we can all go and make it a family thing.

My next goal is to mix in a little yoga in the evenings!

Sound good? I sure think so. And maybe when I'm feeling brave enough I'll walk the mile down to the Marina and get some photos and walk her around there as well before heading home.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #38
kaoden39
Hugs

Seeing your bread pictures the other day made me crave Disneyland chili in the bread bowl so I was off to the bread store today buying the little loaves for making some. Yummy.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #39
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

New P&S, eh? What kind did you get and how do you like it?
merrrydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #40
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrrydeath View Post
New P&S, eh? What kind did you get and how do you like it?
It's a Nikon L22. Good little thing. I like it better than my sister's Kodak. Although my mother cannot take a photo to save her life. Ugh. Haven't had time to fully play with it yet though.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:50 PM   #41
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's a Nikon L22. Good little thing. I like it better than my sister's Kodak. Although my mother cannot take a photo to save her life. Ugh. Haven't had time to fully play with it yet though.
It's nice to have a handy camera too.
merrrydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #42
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrrydeath View Post
It's nice to have a handy camera too.
Yes, it is! Sometimes it's just not easy to lug around a DSLR. It fits in my purse, it fits in my pocket, it's pretty perfect!

Old 11-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #43
tdashgirl
DIS Veteran

Good for you and your pup!!!! And way to go with the soda. I gave that up around Easter for a healthy habits challenge and I really don't miss it. I never thought I'd say that either - I loved, loved, LOVED coke zero. I'll have some every once in awhile now. But 1 is enough and I won't drink any for days or weeks on end. That stuff really isn't good for you, diet or regular.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #44
Rachael Q
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, it is! Sometimes it's just not easy to lug around a DSLR. It fits in my purse, it fits in my pocket, it's pretty perfect!

We have both too. Hubby normally carries a Nikon D90. Although he just informed me last week that we wants to upgrade the body. He'll stick with Nikon, but he has a list of features he wants....shutter to stay open longer than 30 seconds, HD movies and so on.

I carry a Canon S90, which fits in my purse or pocket. It's a cross between a P&S and a DSLR.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #45
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

S.F. Giants WSC Victory Parade

I never remembered to post a few of my back-reports on things I have done around the Bay Area. Shame on me. Here is what I had to share on the San Francisco Giants World Series Victory Parade!!

At BART at 6a heading in to SF! Lot and lots of black and orange heading to SF already. And I'm sure even if we left on the first train at 4a we would have seen more. Most of the fans riding with us got off at Montgomery, where the parade would be starting, rather than our destination at the Civic Center so we could watch the ceremony at City Hall.

By the way, I managed to get my hands on one of the official parade shirts. I love it.

Another couple of photos of City Hall:

Here are a couple photos of the crowd around us not long after we arrived (roughly 7:30a) and then only a half hour later at 8:30a! By that point I couldn't even get the back of the crowds they were packing in so much. Every minute brought more and more and more people.

7:30a

8a

We actually had quite a bit of space up until that point. By 9a though we were packed in there, and the sun was shining bright. Wow was it warm in close quarters like that.

We were also on the news A couple of times, actually. Every time the cameras were rolling right in front of us we got packed in even more but it would recede a little bit when the cameras went away. But it was an on and off, every half-hour, kind of thing for most of the morning until it was just too crowded period!

Here's our view of the screen they set up so we could see what was going on. They played recaps of the games, interviews, news clips, Sports Center, etc. It's also where we watched the parade en route and the ceremony itself.

Some of the signs that I was able to get photos of:

That last one was hard to get a photo of, they were directly in front of it. The back said "Posey 4 President" but the other side said "Brian Wilson, can I pet your beard?"

My cousins awesome nails and new tat:

Gah. Those are the only photos I really got during the day. My cousin and my Aunt and cousin are supposed to send me some of their photos (eventually) including more of our group shots. Hopefully. Today was incredible, and I really have no words for it. I'm just so ecstatic that I got to be a part of it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: