Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #16
Mary976
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPeveler View Post
What model chair is she getting? I have a Quantum Q600 and it fits just fine. An average adult chair should have no problem fitting. One member of our board here even fits with a ventilator and other special equipment.

Thanks! I did just notice your post above about your chair fitting even with the footplate. We are actually not sure what she's getting yet. She needs to go into the wheelchair clinic again, and then she can try out a couple options. It's a been a long process because we've been back and forth about her needs. Certain health factors have been changing, which is challenging, plus she's going to college and needs more independence. It's a big difference though, in terms of possibly needing a new ramp for our house and needing new car transport options. I did just talk to the mother of DD's friend who is a full time power chair user, and the dimensions of that girl's chair will work for WDW buses, as well as our city buses and her school van. Our next trip to WDW is in January, and I don't want there to be any weird problems!

Mary
Mary976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #17
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary976 View Post
Thanks! I did just notice your post above about your chair fitting even with the footplate. We are actually not sure what she's getting yet. She needs to go into the wheelchair clinic again, and then she can try out a couple options. It's a been a long process because we've been back and forth about her needs. Certain health factors have been changing, which is challenging, plus she's going to college and needs more independence. It's a big difference though, in terms of possibly needing a new ramp for our house and needing new car transport options. I did just talk to the mother of DD's friend who is a full time power chair user, and the dimensions of that girl's chair will work for WDW buses, as well as our city buses and her school van. Our next trip to WDW is in January, and I don't want there to be any weird problems!

Mary
The dimensions (no larger than 30 inches wide and 48 inches long) are not new. They have been 'out there' as the standard space for mobility devices for many years.
Devices that are manufactured for use by people with disabilities are designed to fit within a space that size, so if she gets a wheelchair or ECV made for use inside by people with disabilities, it will fit.
The problem comes when people start using things that were not designed for mobility for people with disabilities and, so, don't meet that standard size.
The major companies making power wheelchairs in the US are Jazzy (Pride Mobility), Invacare, Sunrise Medical, Permobile and a few others. They all will be designed for the standard.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #18
Mary976
DIS Veteran

Thanks Sue, that makes a lot of sense. Glad to hear these have been the dimensions for awhile.

Mary
Mary976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:12 PM   #19
selina4disney
Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow!

I used a Pride Victory from Randy's Mobility last trip. It fits fine on the bus (and is exactly the same size as the Celebrity X I always rented from them before) and we had one bus driver tell me we could not get on. I'd been riding all week. The Pride Victory 9 or 10 3-wheel is 22.25" wide and 46"long. So it is close on the length but still fits. I told him I knew it fit, we'd already been there 8 days and it fit fine on every other bus. He was pretty snarky actually but he did let us on...my DH said he heard him mutter "sorry" when I got off the bus but I didn't hear him.

And, not to start any rumors, but if anyone else has heard this I'd like to know...we all know bus drivers are a font of misinformation, but one told me that "pretty soon" no 3-wheeled scooters would be allowed at all regardless of size. I find this hard to believe since they maneuver so much easier that the 4-wheeled ones and are much easier to park on the bus. Then again I had one tell me two years ago that in six months no scooters at all would be allowed on the buses and next thing you know they had several buses that held more than two scooters so I tend to take everything they say with a grain of salt.

The one that told me that 3-wheeled scooters were no longer going to be allowed also ONLY put the passenger seatbelt across the scooter...he didn't cinch in the wheels at all! He was saying how dangerous and unstable the 3-wheelers are on buses and once we stopped and I watched him release my scooter, I thought, yeah, I bet they are when you don't even anchor them in!

All of the other drivers were wonderful, just those two that were kind of odd.
selina4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #20
cranbiz
DIS Veteran

Location: Durham, NC 11 hours from the mouse, 12 hours from good clam chowder

I really wish those drivers would just not talk to guests.

There is nothing going on about abolishing the transportation of 3 wheeled scooters or about not carrying scooters. Legally, it can not be done. If they are classified as a mobility device per ADA guidelines (which also means they adhere to the size specifications), then they ride, 3 wheels or 4 wheels.

Guests on a 3 wheeled device will be asked to transfer (or should be) to a seat for safety reasons while guests on a 4 wheel device may not necessarily be asked. (I'm going to ask you any way but don't feel pressured to move, a simple no works for me)

If you are on a 3 wheeled ECV, I personally wish for you to transfer (and Don't feel guilty about taking up an extra seat). IMHO it's safer than staying on the ECV even with lap and shoulder belts.

Off Site 8-91, 8-92, ASMU 12-03, 1-06 (AP preview of EE), Our FL House 9-04, 11-04, 1-05, 2-05, 4-05, 5-05, 6-05, 7-05, 9-05, 10-05, 11-05, NYE05 at EPCOT!, 4-06, 10-06(X2), AKL 12-04, CBR 6-05. Stopped recording in 06 due to working there

I have finally visited DLR - Where's the castle?

The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Walt Disney Company or any of its affiliates. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice and should not, if ever, be taken seriously by anyone. All rights reserved. Your mileage may vary. Offer is valid only at participating locations. Many will enter, few will win. If this post begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head. Guarantee void in Tennessee.
cranbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #21
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Smile

Thank you for your insight and replies. I really appreciate your posts and I enjoy reading them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranbiz View Post
There is nothing going on about abolishing the transportation of 3 wheeled scooters or about not carrying scooters. Legally, it can not be done. If they are classified as a mobility device per ADA guidelines (which also means they adhere to the size specifications), then they ride, 3 wheels or 4 wheels..
This makes since, and I really didn't think that 3-wheel scooters would be banned, but with the recent changes to the bus stop line chains, new scooter restriction size boxes on the pavement, etc., I can see that someone questioning the info.

Thank you for clarifing this question.

Quote:
Guests on a 3 wheeled device will be asked to transfer (or should be) to a seat for safety reasons while guests on a 4 wheel device may not necessarily be asked. (I'm going to ask you any way but don't feel pressured to move, a simple no works for me) .
I agree, and I usually volunteer to get off of my scooter. I have stayed on my scooter on very long lined, busy, MK closing buses, and I felt like I should stay in my scooter chair so an extra person could load the bus. But I also remember having to hold on to the folded chair to brace myself during big turns of the bus because I felt the scooter tilt a little. With the scooter motor weight near the ground the scooter is stable, but when a rider sits in the chair, the weight of the person is much higher off of the ground and may tend to make the scooter want to possibly tilt on faster bus turns.

Quote:
If you are on a 3 wheeled ECV, I personally wish for you to transfer (and Don't feel guilty about taking up an extra seat). IMHO it's safer than staying on the ECV even with lap and shoulder belts.
I agree.

RaySharpton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #22
selina4disney
Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow!

Quote:
I really wish those drivers would just not talk to guests.

There is nothing going on about abolishing the transportation of 3 wheeled scooters or about not carrying scooters. Legally, it can not be done. If they are classified as a mobility device per ADA guidelines (which also means they adhere to the size specifications), then they ride, 3 wheels or 4 wheels.

Guests on a 3 wheeled device will be asked to transfer (or should be) to a seat for safety reasons while guests on a 4 wheel device may not necessarily be asked. (I'm going to ask you any way but don't feel pressured to move, a simple no works for me)

Thanks for you post and reassurance! I really didn't think it was true but you never know. We had mostly wonderful drivers, as usual...I always thank them as I know this is extra work for them, and one I said thank you to and told him if he wasn't there I couldn't come to WDW told me "No, thank YOU. If you weren't coming, I wouldn't get paid so I appreciate all the guests!" I thought that was very sweet. One driver I talked to, a female, whom I asked when they got the new uniforms, said she didn't care for them much. I like your signature line...I miss the cheery purple pants!

I certainly understand getting off the scooter and sitting in a seat (although my family---which most often is just my DH---usually goes ahead and stands if there are a lot of people in the queue) because of safety issues, and I'd much rather be safe too than fall over, probably on someone (which would not make their trip very magical either...) so I am certainly going to move since I always have a three-wheeler and I have seen how it can move, even anchored. I am happy to know there aren't plans to abolish them from the buses!

A salute and big thank you to you and the other drivers that make it possible for me to be there!
selina4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #23
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Smile

I would like to ask several questions to any WDW bus drivers (WDW policy maker) out there about WDW resort/park bus stop line setup.

1. Do you think that WDW will try to make all of their resort/park bus stops appear to look the consistenlty the same as far as the way a wheelchair/scooter will enter the mainstream line with other walkers, the width of the lines, the use of chains and poles as dividers for the lines? (And I realize every park/resort has limited space or area to arrange bus stops such as MK and especially Epcot's Pop Century bus stop with smaller spaces and the opposite with Pop Century with huge spaces between each bus stop.)

2. I notice that the "Epcot"/Pop Century bus stop has a chain with a clasp on the far right side of the front of the line near where the rear door of the bus would be located.(I am just using this stop as an example.) This is located on the opposite end of the main walker entrance to the bus. I have heard other posters say that when their wheelchair/scooter reaches this spot, that they unclasp the chain and enter through this spot to wait in the traditional unmarked area to wait for the bus. I presume that they reattach the chain afterwards. What is the WDW Castmember policy for unclasping a chain in line by a guest in a wheelchair/scooter?

3. Do you think that they will put the white box for scooter restriction size in one particular place in the bus line? The one at the Pop Century Resort was placed in the back row, separated from the main walker line. This may have been changed since last May, but I put a photo in an early post on this thread.

4. What do you think that the bus stop lines at the parks/resorts will eventually look like as far as entrance/exit for walkers and wheelchairs/scooters, including where the white size restriction box will be located what is expected by the wheelchair/scooter person?

In my opinion, I think that all bus stops should include the following:

1. Some kind of sign of instruction for both the walker and the wheelchair/scooter person can read so that there will be no confusion by anyone at the park/resort bus stops of what is expected.

2. If the wheelchair/scooter is going to go through the walker main line at the bus stop, and they reach the open spot of the bus stop line where walkers walk onto the bus, a sign should be put here to instruct the wheelchair/scooter to either stay put or move over to the usual unmarked space where the bus rear door will be located.

3. Similar to above question, if the wheelchair/scooter is going to go through the walker main line at the bus stop, and they reach the chain link with a clasp spot in the front line on the far left of the walker entrance of the bus, there should be a sign to instruct the wheelchair/scooter to either stay put and wait for a bus driver to open the chain or for the wheelchair/scooter person to open this chain themselves, drive through, close the chain clasp themselves and then move over to the usual unmarked space where the bus rear door will be located.

4. And I think that the white, wheelchair/scooter size restriction box should be painted on the pavement in two places at a park/resort bus stop.
(a) First, one should be placed somewhere outside of the bus stop line so that a scooter can see if their scooter will meet the size guideline before entering the main bus line and having to wait to go all of the way through the line before finding out if there scooter is to big to load. It seems like this might save the scooter rider a lot wasted time in line. But I realize that there is really only one scooter called the Dream scooter that is the only oversized scooter that is rented offsite to be used at WDW.
(b) Second, one should be placed where the scooter should be parked after leaving the main line to the place near where the rear door of the bus will be located. Or placed where it would be the easiest for the bus driver to come out of the bus to determine if the scooter fits in the box size criteria. I don't know if it would be easier near the front door of the bus just past where the walkers get onboard the bus so that it won't be in the way of the walkers. Or near the traditonal unmarked space near the rear door of the bus will be located.

5. That the persons painting the white, wheelchair/scooter size restriction box should be painted on the surface consitently, preferably by someone able to understand how a wheelchair/scooter drives and is able to move their device. Especially in tight spots at the bus stop like if they decide to place one near where the rear door of the bus may be. Please don't put it to close to where the bus will eventually park, especially where there is no curb like at MK or Epcot.

6. Just try to think like a wheelchair/scooter person would think when planning these new changes.

7. Try to be consistent as possible with every park/resort bus stop design and actual implementaion.

8. Try to place visible signs where the wheelchair/scooter person can make the appropriate decision and not to guess at what they are supposed to do or move or stay put in a bus line. These signs may also avoid any angry walkers who think that wheelchair/scooters may be breaking in line, which we are not, but they don't know. I know WDW doesn't want any guest to feel humilated and embarrased just because we are trying to board a bus. But this might be helped with simple signs put up for everyone to read.

9. I use a mobility scooter that I own, and I like to get in mainstream lines in the parks and I will like proper mainstream bus stop lines that are not difficult to use and understand and use by everyone.

10. I also would like WDW to please carefully consider the individual wheelchair user that completely depends on their wheelchair for their mobility and take their needs into consideration for space needed and concern for other guests, childern that might be to close to them and might inadvertently harm their wheelchair equipment.

11. I would also especially remind WDW that there are wheelchair owners the are not only completely dependent on their own wheelchair to get around, but also completely dependent on their life using their onboard ventilator which is their life support. We all know how crowded some lines can be and how frustrated very tired guests can be at closing park times. What would happen...if in such a situation that I described above...that a person rushed past the person on life support and accidentally disconnected a piece of their tubing that was vital to their breathing using their ventilator. It would certainly be an accident. But this needs to be taken into consideration.

Now think about how this same wheelchair/ventilator dependant person thinks about getting in line and waiting in line and worrying about the close encounters by guests/children on those dark, crowded, loud, bus line nights.

Would you want your child or wife to feel this fear and anxiety of what may happen if someone accidently played with their ventilator tubing while in a bus line or on a dark, standing room only bus(loading or unloading with a full bus)?

If any one from WDW is reading this post, please take in consideration these possible events.

If any one from WDW is reading this post, please consider having a include a person or persons that actually uses a wheelchair in various transportation changes on your "think tank committee" that makes decisions on bus line changes and bus loading changes on a full bus.

If any one from WDW is reading this post, please have someone that actually "finalizes" and "physically" makes signs, chain lines, white boxes on how the bus line and bus loading changes include a person or persons that actually uses a wheelchair in various transportation change.

Woudn't this be a cost saving to WDW from having to make changes later.

These are just my opinions.

I like mainstreaming lines for myself.

I don't like wheelchair dependent, ventilator dependent owners to worry about if they will not be able to breath and possibly die if a portable life support ventilator becomes disconnected by a walker in a hurry to catch up with family/friends in a bus line a brushes up against them.

I don't like wheelchair dependent owners having to worry about their safety in crowded, dark lines.

I dislike having to guess of where I should enter a bus line because of changes and no signs of instruction of what to do.

I dislike having to think that other guests are thinking that I am breaking in line while doing what I have been told to do, but they don't know. It should would help with a simple sign of instruction for the wheelchair/scooter person to know what to do and to visible explain to the uninformed walker why.

I dislike the inconsistancy of the way the bus stops are step up next to each other at the various parks/resorts in regards to there entrance for walkers, in regards to there lack of signs of instuction.

O.K....I have had to much coffee at work this weekend and I am obviously a little overstressed.

I apologize in advance if I have offended by any of my words.

RaySharpton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #24
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

A lot of good points, Ray.

For us, we mostly stay at OKW, which tends not to have the busiest bus stops. For getting on at the parks, we also usually try to schedule our trips to avoid the busiest times and if we see that there are so many people already waiting that the bus will be full, we usually wait away from the bus stop until that bus loads.

Now, if they make all the bus stops Mainstream, we won't be able to do that because by waiting away from the line, another 50 people might join the line while we are waiting outside of the line.

I agree they need to make things clear so people know what to do. We have already waited in the Mainstream Line and while we were waiting, 2 other guests with wheelchairs/ECVs drove up and parked where the back door of the bus would be. So, we didn't get onto the bus, but they did.

The other problem I see is that when we have waited at the place where the wheelchair would board (so, not in the Mainstream Line) there are many times when there is a whole line of people waiting. We board first and ALL those people get on and get seats. If we were waiting in the line and had to wait to board until we got to the front of the line, we would not be able to board because the bus would be too crowded.
That's not equal treatment because the people walking on are able to board when we would fit, but can't board because there is room to park, but not enough room to manouver into space and do a safe tiedown.

As has already been reported on several other threads, people with ECVs and wheelchairs are ending up waiting thru MANY buses when all the people who came behind them were loaded and gone. The Mainstream lines may sound fair, but are not working.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr

Last edited by SueM in MN; 10-25-2010 at 08:39 PM.
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #25
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

I just returned from 10 days at WDW and have to admit I was apprehensive about scooter use given the posts I had seen here prior to leaving for Florida, but am happy to report that we encountered no major issues. We were staying at the Treehouse Villas--which meant we had to take two busses--one to Saratoga Springs (most times the bus was empty either direction) and one from/to SSR from/to the park of the day. We avoided busy times too (except leaving Epcot at closing one night) and rarely had to wait for a second bus. Most times I was the only scooter/wheelchair user on board.

I rented a Victory from Buena Vista and had no issues getting on or off a bus (I'll leave my boat experiences for another thread other than to note that WDW has changed the rules--for the better--about the DTD to resort boats and you pull straight in and back out instead of having to maneuver around the corner--thanks!) With a couple of exceptions the drivers were all great--although I do find the approaches to be varied among drivers--some leave it all to you (luckily I'm pretty good at parallel parking a scooter), some give verbal instructions, some choose to guide you in handling the tiller themselves and some prefer you to get off and they manually manuever it after taking it out of gear. I do agree with Ray's experience that it is hard to get off if you are the second device in and in the front--I usually do a three point turn to get down the ramp and can't do that if there is another device in the back position. Most of the drivers were extremely nice and were always saying--"take all the time you need"--even if the bus was full and we were at the first SSR stop with a lot of tired sleepy people who wanted to get back to their villas.

I also wish there were better instructions at the stops about where wheelchair/scooter users are supposed to wait--I chose to enter the mainstream lines out of an abundance of caution twice--once at Hollywood Studios--and a CM came and brought me out of line and parked me out front so the bus driver could see me. I told her I thought we were supposed to get in the mainstream line and she was surprised and wanted to know how I knew thought--"well, the Disabilities board on Disboards" I replied. She thanked me for being considerate--but obviously has also been given the company line that it wasn't fair for wheelchair/scooter users to otherwise be loaded first because they could come up at the last minute and get in front of someone who had been waiting. (We were second in line when she removed me to the front.)

At the aforementioned Epcot closing I also mainstreamed--and as it happened the bus would have been full whether we were walking or not--so we waited for the next bus and the driver loaded us first as usual.

I also wanted to say that I usually make a practice of talking to people around me in line -- just my way of being friendly and hoping that they won't be as annoyed as they might otherwise be since I am a "known" person rather than the lady on a scooter (who they don't know has several medical issues making it difficult to walk long distances).

We did have one negative incident which luckily I didn't witness (or I might be in jail right now). Another friend of ours (also a scooter user--she has a herniated disc from a fall as an OR nurse several years ago--and also overweight) who joined up with us one day. I wasn't in the park yet because I had work to do back at the villa (dern clients!). Anyway, walking traffic stopped in front of her and my other friend (who was walking in front of the scooter), so she stopped after our walking friend stopped and a man not paying attention walked into her, fell and when he pushed her caused her to hit her tiller which caused her to run into our friend's leg (owwieee!) Ok, accidents happen, but instead of apologizing for what he did, he screamed" "I am so sick of fat women on scooters in the parks!" Luckily for him I wasn't there and our walking friend was too busy rubbing her leg to hear him because he DID NOT want to tangle with us.

Anyway, to sum up, no major issues from our trip and I am also glad that Disney provides accommodations for mobility device users.

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #26
CurlyJo224
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
We did have one negative incident which luckily I didn't witness (or I might be in jail right now). Another friend of ours (also a scooter user--she has a herniated disc from a fall as an OR nurse several years ago--and also overweight) who joined up with us one day. I wasn't in the park yet because I had work to do back at the villa (dern clients!). Anyway, walking traffic stopped in front of her and my other friend (who was walking in front of the scooter), so she stopped after our walking friend stopped and a man not paying attention walked into her, fell and when he pushed her caused her to hit her tiller which caused her to run into our friend's leg (owwieee!) Ok, accidents happen, but instead of apologizing for what he did, he screamed" "I am so sick of fat women on scooters in the parks!" Luckily for him I wasn't there and our walking friend was too busy rubbing her leg to hear him because he DID NOT want to tangle with us.
We took my MIL two years ago, and she had to use an ECV. We rented the ones in the parks, but if we go with her again, we'll rent one for the week. I'm with you. If that had happened to my MIL, I or DH (or both) would probably be in jail.

** Summer 1985 - First trip with family. Off property ** Summer 1991 - Trip with Dad. Off property ** Spring 1998 - Trip with Mom. Off property ** Halloween 2006 - Honeymoon. All-Star Movies ** Halloween 2007 - 1st Anniversary. All-Star Music ** Halloween 2008 - 2nd Anniversary. All-Star Sports ** Halloween 2009 - 3rd Anniversary. Pop Century ** Halloween 2010 - 4th Anniversary. Pop Century **Halloween 2012 - 6th Anniversary. Pop Century**July 2013 - Florida Residents!
CurlyJo224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #27
kath2me
Mouseketeer

I have always used Apple Scooter, Alex there is just terrific, I get the same scooter I have at home the Go Fo Elite Traveler
2008- PORS
2009 -PORS
2010 - CSR
2012- CR & AKL
2013-BC & WL
2014 WL
Kathy
kath2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #28
ForAandA
Tiggerlicious

ECV for Pooh Sized People

Good morning!

Dh is finally able to come to Disney with me on my next trip! Last time he went with me was in January 2009. We used the Dream scooter due to Dh's size.

Can anyone recommend an ECV for "Pooh" sized guests? Dh is about 350, and 6 foot 3.

Thank you in advance!

ForAandA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #29
fireplug46
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I checked the specifications of my ECV, the Pride Celebrity-X, which is the "standard size" ECV used by many of the off-site vendors. It is 24 x 46, so it will fit into the size box with no problems.

And to add a comment, the ECV has to fit in the painted box with the front wheel(s) straight ahead. The Dream is of such size that the wheel has to be turned 90 degrees for it to fit.
when I called the operations office she told me if you can get it inside that box no matter if you had to turn the wheel it would be loaded and it is not 60 inches long when the bus would get to the bus stop I would have the scooter inside the box so he would see it would fit
fireplug46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:16 PM   #30
fireplug46
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I checked the specifications of my ECV, the Pride Celebrity-X, which is the "standard size" ECV used by many of the off-site vendors. It is 24 x 46, so it will fit into the size box with no problems.

And to add a comment, the ECV has to fit in the painted box with the front wheel(s) straight ahead. The Dream is of such size that the wheel has to be turned 90 degrees for it to fit.
In may 2011 I visited Disney I had rented a Dream scooter and at first I had some problems with some of the bus drivers about loading the dream scooter I had one driver at Downtown Disney call his manager when He came over to the bus stop He looked at the scooter and asked will it fit I told him that it would He then asked if I could back it on again I said yes after I got it loaded He said if I had any more problems to call him and He gave me his business card when I called the operations office she told me if you can get it inside that box no matter if you had to turn the wheel it would be loaded and it is not 60 inches long it has about 2 inches on each side when the bus would get to the bus stop I would have the scooter inside the box so he would see it would fit.after that I had no more problems.
fireplug46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: