Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #31
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2Be View Post
Well, a couple updates today. One, I think we're moving our date up to 10-1ish-2011, to take advantage of the Dining Plan deals I also discovered Disney photographer Regina, she took pictures of a Canada wedding (along with Joe) and they are great! Which is so exctiting for me, because I'm kinda really picky so now Italy is back on the table. Except $$ wise, the beach is still more us, I think... Maybe I can just get married twice :D (to the same guy, of course :D)
I hear ya about wanting one thing but $$ wise another option makes sense. Ultimately if you want to go with Italy are there other things that you might be able to forgo in order to make it a bit more affordable?
FutureMrs.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:41 PM   #32
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrs.B View Post
I hear ya about wanting one thing but $$ wise another option makes sense. Ultimately if you want to go with Italy are there other things that you might be able to forgo in order to make it a bit more affordable?
Well, not really. Italy will be expensive because its a Wishes wedding, so for the wedding alone a minimum of 12k (the 10k min + taxes) and that doesn't include attire or hair or any of that stuff, you know? Or even the photography, which is an easy 3-5k. So just a round estimate of 20k. With the beach option, it would come to about 6k for the same stuff the Wishes have except more personalized, and then add the photographer, attire and stuff would bring the total to around 14k max. Thats more what we're comfortable with paying for, really (Can you tell I'm talking myself through it still LOL). Basically $350 a guest instead of $500 a guest. Which still seems expensive, LOL, but oh well.
I LOVE the look of Italy, and I think it would be a dream if Disney was less rigid in certain aspects (Ok, mainly photography LOL). Maybe we could do a Vow renewal there someday?

Completely OffTopic, but I'm watching The Office, and it's stinkin' HILARIOUS...
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2010, 02:30 AM   #33
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

It really is a tough decision I know. I started off switching to the S&D because of the cost of a DFTW, but can honestly say I don't regret the switch at all up to now. I have had far more choices about things and my planner (Karen) has been an angel!!
Good luck with all the decisions!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #34
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Yea I hear ya. It's a tough choice. I love Disney and it's a dream come true, but boy it's an expensive dream. I find myself cutting things out. The S&D sounds like it's a great deal. If you're considering a beach wedding than it might be the way to go. Good look with your decision. Either way I'm sure it'll be a magical day because ultimately it'll be yours and your DF's special day.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #35
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
It really is a tough decision I know. I started off switching to the S&D because of the cost of a DFTW, but can honestly say I don't regret the switch at all up to now. I have had far more choices about things and my planner (Karen) has been an angel!!
Good luck with all the decisions!!
Thanks! I talked to Karen a couple times, she really was super nice!
Quote:
Yea I hear ya. It's a tough choice. I love Disney and it's a dream come true, but boy it's an expensive dream. I find myself cutting things out. The S&D sounds like it's a great deal. If you're considering a beach wedding than it might be the way to go. Good look with your decision. Either way I'm sure it'll be a magical day because ultimately it'll be yours and your DF's special day.
I agree, I think I'm leaning towards the beach, we're both so laid back anyway it suits us :D I worry a little bit about it being canceled due to rain, but I think it will be ok...

Now onto more planning stuff, I need to get some pics of my Mickey Crayons!
Old 10-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #36
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

Mickey Crayons!

I decided I wanted to DIY my crayons for the kids table, but couldn't figure out how to make them. My test run mickeys are a little rough around the edges, but I think they'll work!

Of course I'll need more colors, and I still have to figure out a cute way to put them on the tables?
Old 10-24-2010, 07:29 AM   #37
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Aww these are super cute!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #38
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

So I don't know where I left off LOL, but now we're looking into doing a Disney wedding at the Belvedere Ruins and the reception at the Tamu Tamu Courtyard, or having just the reception at Tamu Tamu with the Dessert party down the Discovery river. Or *maybe* the Everest party, with the ride and everything. Man that would be awesome. I'm not too worried about the wedding and reception outshining us, we'd both rather have the attention on someone else rather than us anyway LOL.

So here are pics of the new place(From the website), I would still use the lanterns if they let us for centerpieces :D

I also would LOVE to have it here-

Love
Old 10-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #39
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Aww these are super cute!!!
Thanks!
Old 10-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #40
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

I should add my wedding shoes :D

FI is the same height as me, not to mention my 3 year old walks better in heels than I do (She really does, it's pretty funny actually. Probably not to the downstairs neighbors, however...)

I've been working on my newsletter, man its pretty time consuming! It's hard to figure out what to write...
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #41
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Oh wow those pics are soo beautiful. I love that idea. You're shoes are sooo cool looking! I haven't seen anything like that before. You're sure to be comfy on your wedding day. You can dance the night away.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #42
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

Crazy post hog today...
So I'm waiting anxiously for some info on the Animal Kingdom, I know that I already said all that, but the new thing is we have a new consultant, Stacy. I'm pretty excited about that, as the old consultant left a bad taste in my mouth, hopefully Stacy will be a better fit!

Here are the Bridesmaids invites I am going to make
http://www.inspirethebride.com/Fabul...tboxes-6846973

Then hangers for the BP (and possibly the guests)

Except with a Mickey instead of a heart, or names, I haven't decided yet

and I like these bags for taking a flower with, not sure howto make them tho
Old 10-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #43
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

Quote:
Oh wow those pics are soo beautiful. I love that idea. You're shoes are sooo cool looking! I haven't seen anything like that before. You're sure to be comfy on your wedding day. You can dance the night away.
You're such a good sport :D You're probably like, this crazy chick needs to make up her mind I LOVE those shoes, I have a different style and color already, they are super comfy :D and this is a weird me thing, but I have long narrow feet and they make them look not so goofy LOL.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #44
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

No updates on anything yet, but soon I hope! Gotta get stuff moving if its next October! My dorky FI scored a bunch of those stick things (totally lost the name of it LOL) from work like a year ago, and I saw them in his car yesterday so I'm going to make some ribbon wands soon :D
Old 11-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #45
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

I found my Dress I found my Dress!!!! We went into the Davids Bridal today hoping to score something at the $99 sale that started yesterday, only to find out that someone came and bought 90% of them to send to China? So that was a bummer. I tried a bunch on anyway, and went back and forth between 2 that I really liked. I mostly decided on one, I really like it but it had a fold thing on the neckline that I really wasn't fond of, but didn't hate it enough to be a deal breaker and figured really liked it anyway. Anyway, we decided to sleep on it, and while we were walking out the door saw one close to the one I tried on, but without the fold thing! They only had 3, but one was my size, my FMIL talked me into trying it one, and BAM, I knew. It's a lot of dress, and pretty cheesily "princess", but I found that I didn't care, it's the dress I have to wear whether its at the courthouse or on the beach or whereever!
Here is is, my FMIL took pics on her phone, I'll add those later when I get them :D

And one I made of the whole party-

How do I go about seeing if my bridesmaids and MOH like this dress? What do you think of it? I tried to pic something that would be cool enough, but is also forgiving for different size bodies?

Oh, and I have a brag :D I was a solid size 6 when I went dress shopping last time, and then in september I ran 3-4 times a week, and did Wii Fit about 10-30 minutes a day 5 days a week, and now I'm a size 4! (Oh, and my dream dress? I don't need a single alteration! woohoo!) I didn't lose any weight, but I had some baby belly I had procrastinated in getting rid of. So that was exciting for me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: