Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #16
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfordisney16 View Post
Just singing onto your pj now, everything looks great! LOVE the ring and the location!
Thanks!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #17
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that about your family. But hey you might be able to do the escape than and save money. Hopefully they change their mind though. Regardless it's your special day. I'm sure things will start to fall into place and your day will be magical.
FutureMrs.B is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2010, 06:19 PM   #18
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrs.B View Post
Oh man I'm sorry to hear that about your family. But hey you might be able to do the escape than and save money. Hopefully they change their mind though. Regardless it's your special day. I'm sure things will start to fall into place and your day will be magical.
Oh man I wish, unfortunately FI's list is pretty long LOL.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #19
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

Happy Dance Happy Dance
:wooh oo:
My love for Disney has been revived :D Not that it ever left, I guess I should say my love for my Disney wedding has been revived :D I went to Michaels today, ahhhhh. I could spend HOURS in Michaels. It's right up there with Barnes and Nobles, actually. Martha Stewart has a GREAT PR guy, or whoever the person is who designs the packaging. I just want to buy it all. Do I have a need for it? Uh, no. What the heck am I going to do with 6000 different hole punches? But they look so scrumptious! Not to mention I never go without a 40% off coupon, which means I HAVE to buy something, right? It would be a shame not to... I did good though today, crazy sales, I spent 5$ and ended up with some thick foam stuff for the Mickey/Epcot stamp I'm going to make, (any graphic designers here?), paper to do another test run of my Passport invites, a single flower for my nearly 3 year old (where did the time go?), and more paper for the mickey and castle confetti I'm going to make :D
Can you believe Michaels didn't have any Hurricane lanterns? Crazy. Dang I knew I needed ribbon for something! Add Ribbon Wands to my list of things to DIY :D

Now I have a color question. We love blue and orange (not orange like pumpkin orange, more like a yellow tangerine orange) partly because they are my FI's college colors (eyeyiyi that's what you get when you marry a Frat president I guess) and partly because while I love pink and orange, I'm not a pink person. But now that it's all in Italy, I'm wondering if we should change it? Blue and orange don't seem to really go with it all... But I'm not a red person either, so I don't want to be completely in warm colors...But I'm also not wanting to go all ultra christmas-y or wintery either... But maybe like a darker Blue and white with orange accents? What do you think?

(Sorry I'm a bit rambly, I had a Chai Tea Latte,oops!)
Old 10-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #20
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

So for an update, I think we're doing some restructuring. I'm really not happy with the way the Italy wedding was going, or how stiff Disney is with their wedding rules We are looking into a Swan and Dolphin wedding though, and that might give us the Disney and personality we want without the $$ or too many concessions on our part. So, as of now, the new plan is a Beach ceremony at the S&D, with some decor Then for our "reception", we're going to bus/taxi/limo it (not sure of the means of transportation yet) to the Polynesian, and enjoy the Spirit of Aloha show and dinner, and then off to Sago Cay(?) for the dessert party, to be visited by a couple surprise characters This would put our total (minus attire, rings and room, none of which are included in the minimum expends anyway) under 8k, and including everything we want so I'm very excited about that! There are several things up in the air and stuff, but it's the latest anyway :D
Old 10-15-2010, 05:50 AM   #21
lea007
Mouseketeer

Hi I'm a graphic designer so if you need any help just pm. I've done a few things for some of the disbrides on her (see logo thread)
lea007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #22
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Good luck with the S & D planning!!
As I have said countless times on these boards, I have, so far been so impressed with the way JustMarry have handled everything for me. Although my VR is only small (16 in total), I have always felt like the most important client Karen has!!! She has always been very quick to answer all my enquiries, advise on vendors and help with my planning. There has been no waiting around for responses from her (which I think is sometimes an issue with DFTW in their busy periods). As you pointed out, there are very few restrictions and rules and I feel I am having the VR I really want for a fraction of the price. It is, however, still right there in WDW, my absolute favourite place in the whole world!!!
Good luck whatever you decide!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #23
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Good luck with the S & D planning!!
As I have said countless times on these boards, I have, so far been so impressed with the way JustMarry have handled everything for me. Although my VR is only small (16 in total), I have always felt like the most important client Karen has!!! She has always been very quick to answer all my enquiries, advise on vendors and help with my planning. There has been no waiting around for responses from her (which I think is sometimes an issue with DFTW in their busy periods). As you pointed out, there are very few restrictions and rules and I feel I am having the VR I really want for a fraction of the price. It is, however, still right there in WDW, my absolute favourite place in the whole world!!!
Good luck whatever you decide!!
I may have read it, but do you have a planning journal? I think it would be the best of both worlds as well, but I'm so confused about it all now...
Old 10-19-2010, 03:29 AM   #24
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !

Here is the link to my PJ - it used to be in my siggie but seems to have disappeared (just put that right)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2513856

I think that I am getting a good deal and don't feel I am missing out on anything (the only things a S & D bride can't have are cindy's carriage and a MK portrait session - neither of which I want anyway). This way I can have exactly what I want with much more choice than going through DFTW and I am paying around half the price!!!
Just as a heads up I don't think characters are allowed at DPs but they are certainly allowed at the cake/champagne reception at the Swan - if you are having one!!
If you have any questions, I will be glad to help!!

Last edited by tinkerbell 766; 10-19-2010 at 03:36 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:06 PM   #25
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

Quote:
Here is the link to my PJ - it used to be in my siggie but seems to have disappeared (just put that right)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2513856

I think that I am getting a good deal and don't feel I am missing out on anything (the only things a S & D bride can't have are cindy's carriage and a MK portrait session - neither of which I want anyway). This way I can have exactly what I want with much more choice than going through DFTW and I am paying around half the price!!!
Just as a heads up I don't think characters are allowed at DPs but they are certainly allowed at the cake/champagne reception at the Swan - if you are having one!!
If you have any questions, I will be glad to help!!
Characters really aren't allowed at DP's? Even if its at a resort and not park? For some reason I thought I've seen them there...
I don't think we're having a Cake/Champagne reception, although its certainly something to think about, esp if that's the only way we can get characters! I feel like I need them to solidify the disney thing, I was bummed that you can't have them at Epcot so it would be a good fix to that issue.
There is definitely a lot to think about...Off to read your PJ!
Old 10-20-2010, 04:37 AM   #26
tinkerbell 766

I am pretty sure about the characters at the DP thing, but I have been wrong in the past!! Maybe somebody like Carrie can answer your question. It might be worth posting it as a question on the main board.
I hope that you can have them at your DP as this would be great!!

Old 10-20-2010, 10:16 PM   #27
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

Well, a couple updates today. One, I think we're moving our date up to 10-1ish-2011, to take advantage of the Dining Plan deals I also discovered Disney photographer Regina, she took pictures of a Canada wedding (along with Joe) and they are great! Which is so exctiting for me, because I'm kinda really picky so now Italy is back on the table. Except $$ wise, the beach is still more us, I think... Maybe I can just get married twice :D (to the same guy, of course :D)
Old 10-21-2010, 06:11 AM   #28
tinkerbell 766

That's good news - just remember that with DPS you can request Regina but you may not get her as Disney will not guarantee a particular photographer. Hope it all works out for you!!!

Old 10-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #29
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

Quote:
That's good news - just remember that with DPS you can request Regina but you may not get her as Disney will not guarantee a particular photographer. Hope it all works out for you!!!
LOL I know! I don't understand that, at all.I've never heard of a photographer that does business that way, I understand that they might get sick or something, I guess thats the only way you wouldn't get that photographer? I wonder how that works? What actually decides if they do or not?

We really want a beach wedding, but if we do that route we want to eat at the Spirit of Aloha luau at the Polynesian, but it looks like we can't make reservations (for a party of 40!) until 6 months prior which makes me REALLY nervous. Anyway, I'm still on the line, I really don't like committing that kind of money without a guarantee that I'll get the photographer I want.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #30
tinkerbell 766

I don't think that it is just sickness which might prevent you getting your requested photographer. Apart from sickness and vacations, the DPS photographers do other things apart from weddings, and if your chosen photographer is commited to another event or another wedding, you get assigned somebody else!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: