Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #31
Princess85
Earning My Ears

Thank you! The pink shoes are awesome but like I said very high. I'm thinking I only want them for pictures anyways so I'll just switch over to flip flops for the reception. I really just want a picture of me sitting with the dress flowing everywhere and these hot pink shoes, I see it in my head perfectly!!

Saturday night we had been at the Grand Wedding Showcase all day (which was super fun) and decided to narrow down our first dance song. So I danced in the shoes!! Only problem is they pretty much put me and Andy's height and he wasn't too fond of that. But we danced to about 5 different versions of "Nothing Else Matters" and I'm pretty sure we picked the one we're going to dance to!! I don't know why but he won't budge on the song (I tried "Thank you for loving me" by Bon Jovi "Dance with me" by Johnny Reid "Shameless" by Garth Brooks etc. etc. etc.) So Metallica it is, its far more suited to us anyways.

I'm super pumped about the characturist! I think its going to be alot of fun and this way I don't have to worry about favors! I was working on our ceremony script last night! I sent it over to Andy to read but I have a feeling he's gonna think its too long/too mushy, so we'll see what he says!!
Princess85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #32
Krysssyann
Mouseketeer

I love your ideas so far! I am interested to see what you hear back about menu prices because it is similar to what I am looking to plan for my September wedding. Could you PM me the process you got for the options you listed?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your shoe choice! I will be donning shoes very similar to those and cannot wait!

Will keep checking back to see how your planning is going! Interested to see how it all unfolds....now to start my own PJ!
Krysssyann is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #33
Princess85
Earning My Ears

I actually got the prices for the menus but I was too busy getting my fiancee visa!!!!!!!!!!! It took 11 hours and flying across the country but I am officially moving down to the states December 28th!! So super pumped!! Here's the prices for the menus...

Menu #1
Salad w/ 3 dressings
Canadian cheddar cheese soup
Parmesan crusted chicken
2 pepper rubbed beef with sweet onion sauce (carving station)
Mashed potatoes with prosciutto and cheddar cheese
Pasta station with tomato basil and Alfredo sauce

$68.00++

Menu #2
Tomatoes w/ mozzarella and basil, balsamic reduction
Sweet & sour cucumber salad
Pasta salad
Petit veggie medley
Cheddar and bacon mashed potatoes
Beef bourgugnonne
Roasted turkey breast with cranberry
Assorted rolls and butter

$63.00pp++

Menu #3
Medley of field greens and herbs salad
Red skin potato salad with dill
Pasta salad
Orzo pasta with fresh herbs and cheese
Roasted garlic ginger chicken
Slow roasted strip loin
$67.00pp++

Menu #4
Dilled cucumber salad
Medley of field greens
Pasta salad
Herb roasted pork loin
Crushed peppercorn strip loin
Potato and caramelized onion gratin
farfalle or penne pasta station (tomato basil, pesto or alfredo sauces)
focaccia bread
$77.00pp++

Menu #5
Medley of field greens
Sautéed chicken with roasted garlic thyme demi
Deep fried Garlic infused turkey breast
Tri-color tortellini tossed with julienne chicken breast with pesto sauce
Grilled veggies
Roasted potatoes with dill

$68.00pp++

But we were having a really hard time deciding so I send Diane one more...

Salad with 3 dressings
sauteed chicken with roasted garlic thyme demi
peppercorn beef with sweet onion sauce (carving station)
tri-colored tortellini pasta station (tomato basil or pesto sauce)
grilled veggies
roasted potatoes with dill
assorted rolls and butter

Its really just a mix of all five so we'll see what she comes back with. Its really easy to have them price out a menu, just tell your planner what you want and they will take the menu to the chef of the venue and they will price it out. It only took Diane 2 days to get back to me! We also had our planning session but I will write more about that later!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #34
Krysssyann
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quick response AND more importantly...

CONGRATS on being so close for moving down to the states!!
Krysssyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #35
Princess85
Earning My Ears

So its been 4 days since our planning session and I gotta say I still feel so disappointed by it because we had to do it over the phone. I've been following the boards pretty much religiously and I am finding I am feeling really bad for myself that I didn't get to go down and see it all in person. Yes, we discussed the same things and yes, I have just as many options but that would be so much fun!!!! It just doesn't seem fair to me, I'm spoiled I know. But with having to go to the west coast for the fiancee visa, there was no money left for a trip down to FL.

It was a very productive meeting though and I'm having a hard time believing the wedding is a little over 4 months away. I'm still waiting for Diane to get back to me about that last menu so hopefully once I do we'll get a budget rather quickly. She said that's all she needs so the faster the better I say!! I'm so excited I only have 26 more days of work and then I am finally moving down to the states and then I can really throw myself into planning the little details. Or spend all day looking at everyone else's weddings!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #36
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

The menus all sound yummy, and actually I think are all very reasonably priced for what you are getting! I understand feeling sad about not getting to go down to Disney to do the PS, but in the end I think you will be happy you saved the money! You are getting really close.. only 4 months!
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #37
Princess85
Earning My Ears

BEO Blues!!! Who's wedding is this?!?!?

So I am extremely frustrated today! I have been waiting for my BEO for 2 weeks and I FIANLLY got it today, after I was told I was going to have it at the beginning of last week and its all wrong. I have 25 people coming to the wedding, it says 30. I had a very specific menu, as you can see from my craziness on here about it, it was all wrong. I had requested beer and wine only, there was liquor. It was just like "Who's wedding is this because its not mine!!!"

I know that over the next 4 months there's going to be alot of BEO's and alot of revisions, but I need to make my first payment at the end of the month and I don't even know what I am budgeting for right now. I just wish there was some sort of idea because the way this looks the whole thing's gotta change. I supose I created this Bridezilla in me and I have to deal with her.

On a very good side note, its my bridal shower this weekend! My dad bought $200 of room nights off the registry for me and claimed it was from my stepmom, that daddy he's so sweet! He also tried to buy the ears but I couldn't find the grooms one on the website to save my life! We're going to have to get that all sorted out! ALSO, I move in 27 days. This means I have 14 work days left for the next 6 months and then its really time to have some fun with this. I didn't think I was going to be able to hit my budget with the small amount of time left so my dad said a couple days ago "You've been busting your a$$ saving money for the wedding so whatever you can't save, give me a number and I will take care of it" Thank goodness. I would have been choked if at the end of all this I actually had to pay for the whole thing all alone. I gotta at least have someone buy my ponies for me right?!?!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #38
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess85 View Post
So I am extremely frustrated today! I have been waiting for my BEO for 2 weeks and I FIANLLY got it today, after I was told I was going to have it at the beginning of last week and its all wrong. I have 25 people coming to the wedding, it says 30. I had a very specific menu, as you can see from my craziness on here about it, it was all wrong. I had requested beer and wine only, there was liquor. It was just like "Who's wedding is this because its not mine!!!"

I know that over the next 4 months there's going to be alot of BEO's and alot of revisions, but I need to make my first payment at the end of the month and I don't even know what I am budgeting for right now. I just wish there was some sort of idea because the way this looks the whole thing's gotta change. I supose I created this Bridezilla in me and I have to deal with her.

On a very good side note, its my bridal shower this weekend! My dad bought $200 of room nights off the registry for me and claimed it was from my stepmom, that daddy he's so sweet! He also tried to buy the ears but I couldn't find the grooms one on the website to save my life! We're going to have to get that all sorted out! ALSO, I move in 27 days. This means I have 14 work days left for the next 6 months and then its really time to have some fun with this. I didn't think I was going to be able to hit my budget with the small amount of time left so my dad said a couple days ago "You've been busting your a$$ saving money for the wedding so whatever you can't save, give me a number and I will take care of it" Thank goodness. I would have been choked if at the end of all this I actually had to pay for the whole thing all alone. I gotta at least have someone buy my ponies for me right?!?!
I'm so sorry to hear that your BEO is all wrong! I can't imagine what's up with that? Did you call your planner to ask what happened?

Hope you relax and enjoy your bridal shower. And how nice of your dad to be so willing to help you take care of things.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #39
BriarRose Bride
making my fairy tale wedding dreams come true at the Happiest Place on Earth!

Hey sugar, just joining in. Everything looks great! No worries, I am a fellow size 11 shoe gal, the pink shoes are gorgeous! I have a couple a pairs from the same brand, mostly mary janes, some are comfy and the others I had to get rid of, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that those are comfy!

I that you are using Metallica too, we are actually having the strings play Nothing Else Matters at the ceremony and it is something I won't budge on. I know it will be wonderful as a first dance too!!

I am subscribing to your thread, can't wait to read more!!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #40
Princess85
Earning My Ears

I sent an email to Diane with all the changes but I have yet to hear anything back. I supose that doesn't really surpise me though. Hopefully it will sometime in the next week....

I've now started going back and forth on the logistics of the day, mostly surrounding "Nothing Else Matters" as weird as that sounds! We have the guitarist for the ceremony and for the cocktail hour and then we were going to switch over to the Ipod (which is something that wasn't even listed of BEO after we talked about it....) but I really think that it would sound better with the guitarist so I am thinking I am going to make the cocktail hour a half hour so he will still be there to play our first dance. Or I might walk down the aisle to it. Andy said we should just make the whole reception revolve around Metallica, but not too sure everyone would appriciate that!! But my sweet old grandparents are going to sit and talk about this beauitiful song on guitar and have NO idea who it is!! I'm going to make myself crazy if I keep this up!!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #41
Princess85
Earning My Ears

Centerpieces, BEO's and random hatred of my ponies!!

So I am happy to report that I got my new BEO and its all starting to look alot better with everything updated. I think I am at the point where it's exactly what the dollar amount needs to be and I don't think there's anything else I can cut. I am hoping to find some money land mysteriously in my bank account so I can at least have....hmmm you know I think I might actually be good where it is!!

I was going over again and again last night with Andy about my damn obsession with those stupid ponies and how its taking $2700 away from actually treating our guests and I'm spoiling myself blah blah blah...(it happens everytime I look at the budget and see it written down ), so anyways once again my sweet man refuses to actually let me start thinking about getting rid of it because he knows I would be so heartbroken!! Its the only reason we're getting married at Disney and he'll be damned if I am not a princess at our wedding! I love him whole bunches!! I'm not one to spoil myself and I am always worrying about everyone else so it's kinda hard to grasp the idea sometimes that this is all for me. Yes Andy is very excited to be marrying me but honestly he'd be happy going to a courthouse if it meant I would be walking out as Mrs. This whole big hoopla is to make my dreams come true and I gotta say it kinda makes me feel guilty. Shouldn't I be ok too with just going to Vegas or a courthouse....all that matters is that I am marrying him right?!? Nope I want the ponies, and the tiara, and the fireworks. I blame my parents for all the bedtime stories involving princesses!!

I also got my proposal from Elizabeth over in floral and started looking at some great options for centerpieces.I wanted at first to do the teapots but then surprise surprise I changed my mind. I want really tall ones now. I've decided little teapots are not grand enough for my wedding or something. The amount I change my mind is staggering. So anyways she suggested tree branches with tea cups hanging from them, and I gotta say I love that idea. We were thinking about doing 3 different centerpieces so each table will have something different. I can't decide if I want uniform or to just go with the theme of Wonderland and make everything all wonky because I also think I want to get some bright colored ostrich feathers in there too. Not through Disney though because they start at something stupid like $180 per centerpiece. So not happening expecially since I found a company that sells the whole centerpiece for $40. And if i only need one I can find a way to make that work. But the question is do tree branches and ostrich feathers work together?!? Probably not but I think thats the point. I will post pictures when I get home from work and get some opinions. I also contacted a couple outside florists just to see what they would quote compared to Disney!! Sorry for the long post its been way too long since I've posted when all I do is think about the wedding!!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #42
Princess85
Earning My Ears

I have totally let my planning journal fall to the wayside but WE LEAVE FOR OUR WEDDING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will complete a trip report when we get home! I can't believe after 14 months of planning its FINALLY time to go!!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #43
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess85 View Post
I have totally let my planning journal fall to the wayside but WE LEAVE FOR OUR WEDDING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will complete a trip report when we get home! I can't believe after 14 months of planning its FINALLY time to go!!!!
Yay!

Have fun, and enjoy every moment. Sending lots of pixie dust your way!
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #44
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Yaaaaay!!!!!! Have a blast!!!!!!!!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #45
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Yay!!!! I hope everything is magical!!!!
Can't wait to hear all about it!!!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: