Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #16
redlight
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! Happy birthday too!

I love your dress and the pictures from your party. I'll be following along.

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #17
Princess85
Earning My Ears

Thank you guys! So the only problem before I can tell Darcy to print is Andy thinks it says Mad natter's. It's just the way the font is, the h is actually capitalized. Now its all I can see. So I need to see if there is another font we can use or if anyone will actually notice. Maybe its just us because we want everything to be perfect?!?!
Princess85 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #18
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess85 View Post
Thank you guys! So the only problem before I can tell Darcy to print is Andy thinks it says Mad natter's. It's just the way the font is, the h is actually capitalized. Now its all I can see. So I need to see if there is another font we can use or if anyone will actually notice. Maybe its just us because we want everything to be perfect?!?!

I love the water bottle invites!
But I do see what you mean by, "natter". Could you try just making a different H instead of changing the whole font?

Love the planning (again) journal!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #19
Princess85
Earning My Ears

Here and there updates!

I am feeling a touch frustrated today. 2 Fridays ago I sent my "Final request for information" and room block to Kristi. I've been waiting and waiting, which is not something I normally have to do with Kristi. So then today I sent a quick "what the hell email" (LOVE those) and she got back to me within 20 minutes saying she didn't think I had sent one of the forms to her!! I'VE BEEN WAITING 2 WEEKS TO HEAR FROM HER, WHY DIDN'T SHE ASK ME!!!! See this is why I believe that sometimes you have to stay on top of people to make sure stuff gets done. I may be a touch of a control freak . So anyways I forwarded her the email from September 30 and she responded super quick saying she will request the agreement tomorrow and I should have it next week. Thank goodness for what the hell emails I guess!!

So I looked at our budget from the first go-round and managed to take about $4000 off it. I was so impressed with myself, we actually have to spend more money to hit the minimum. But I did strip it down to the bare bones so there certainly things I want to add. I was telling Andy he's lucky we have the carriage or we would have to spend SO much more just to get it to the minimum and so that is now my new reason to justify my ponies

I've decided I do not want to focus on anything a normal wedding focuses on( And by normal I mean a at home wedding, not a DFTW, because honestly none of them can do wrong) So I want to look into non-floral centerpieces that aren't so pricey, looking at different menu options (we are having a custom $86/pp menu, is anyone really going to remember the food 20 years from now?), doing a BOC bar and focus on things like a desert party, characturist, possibly characters and maybe a MK portrait shoot and really make this wedding hit the senses without worrying too much about the things that most people won't remember. So now realizing I won't have a planner until about 5 months out, I'm going to throw myself into research so I can pretty much nail down what I want before I even have my meeting.

Oh and a very fun quick story. I mentioned before that the first time around Andy was very anti-planning when it came to the wedding. He now has tons of opinions. SO theres a Grand Wedding Showcase going on here the last 4 days of the month. He said "great babe so you go and then show me what you find and I'll let you know what I think" and I said "Oh no baby, you want to be Mr. Opinionated, you will be joining me at the shows and doing your own research". His face dropped at the idea of spending 10 hours of his weekend wedding planning and then realized..."Sure thing babe, I'd love to do that with you" Should be quite the weekend!!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #20
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

Just found you PJ so far and I am loving your plans! I love Alice in Wonderland so I'm very excited to see how everything turns out. Your invitations are awesome!!! I can't wait to hear more about you plans. P.S. The social idea sounds brilliant... why don't they do that around here!
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #21
Princess85
Earning My Ears

Unhappy Officially having a freak out!

So Kristi just called and the carriage isn't available for my wedding!!!!!! Oh. My. God. It is the ONLY reason I got sold on having a Disney wedding. And now my options are change the date or don't have the ponies. I called Andy almost in tears saying I couldn't have the ponies and that was not a good enough option for him. He told me to do whatever I had to make sure I get everything I want. So we decided to look in Sunday, March 27th. It doesn't apparently change our minimums at all but I know my Grandma won't be happy with the idea of a Sunday wedding. I managed to get ahold of Darcy in time as our invites were suposed to be printed today and thankfully she hadn't started them yet. Now on pins and needles waiting for Kristi to call me back and confirm. My wedding is only 5 months away and now there's more changes. AHHHHH!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #22
SheriBerry
Mouseketeer

I just found your PJ and I love your plans so far! You're getting married the day before us! I may have to stalk your wedding (feel free to stalk mine as well) Good luck with the rest of your planning!

Engaged January 23, 2010
Wedding March 28, 2011 - Yacht Club Gazebo/Atlantic Dance Hall

SheriBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #23
Princess85
Earning My Ears

5 months today!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to be a married lady in 5 months and 1 hour from now!!! And that means I move in 2 months today! I've been so busy making sure all our immigration stuff is in order, we have to go to Vancouver in 2 weeks for my fiancee visa interview! But thats not exciting wedding stuff and there's been alot going on in that front so I'll save the immigration talk!

So after having my freak out about our LOA and having to change the date, again, I can finally say March 27,2011 12pm. With ponies. If 3rd time isn't a charm for date changes I give up! So we got our agreement sent over on Monday and found out thankfully we don't need to put another $2,000 deposit down!! I've also decided since we have our invites, which thankfully hadn't been printed yet when we found out about the carriage, that we are going to skip sending out the save the dates again. Kristi is sending us about 5 with the updated information just for our safe keeping. I'm feeling that with at least 2 months off after the wedding, I'm going to create the world's greatest scrapbook so everything I can get for keepsakes the better!!

On another front, because of the immigration craziness, we decided to hire an officiant. The laws are just confusing about who can and cannot preform a ceremony and I can't risk the licence not being legal because I can't be in the country if it isn't!! So I sent Andy a link for the 4 I had narrowed it down to and I think we are leaning towards Rev. Jack Day. He just looks like the sweetest man and having the southern accent will be a nice nod to Andy's family. And I really like that we can pretty much write our own thing and he's good with it. I've been so hellbent on making this whole thing customized that its exhausting!! Nevermind trying to find 60 songs I want on a ipod for the reception. Goodness sakes.

So hopefully we will have our planner assigned to us very shortly, I'm freaking out because its only 5 months away and we don't have one!!! But I did print out another copy of the planning kit and have already started filling it out again just to make sure I'm ready as soon as we find out who it is!! And then it dawned on me the list of things I have to do in 5 months. Its a very very good thing immigration won't let me work for 3 months, I'm going to need it to make sure I get to make it everything I want!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #24
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Well I'm glad to hear that everything is working out for you and especially that you were able to get your ponies. I hope that you'll hear from your planner soon and that everything with immigration goes smoothly.
FutureMrs.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #25
Princess85
Earning My Ears

Shoes!! Round 1....

Immigration is crazy!!! I'm moving 2 hours south...only 1 of which is in the US. It shouldn't be so difficult!! But thank you for motivation!!

On another note, I figured as my present today I'd order some shoes. I am really hoping they are going to fit ( I have a size 11..gross I know) but I really hoping to be able to wear them for the wedding....

I feel like because they were such a steal, they're not going to be any good! But I chose overnight shipping so I will know really soon if I can rock them or not!! I need hot pink pumps. If anyone is in love with pink, its me and I really want to incorporate it somehow! And I will be switching to just married flip flops for the reception, or at least part of it!!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:43 PM   #26
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Luv the shoes. I am a pink lady myself. I recently got my pink shoes as well. I really hope they fit and are comfy for at least a few hours. And I am right along with you as soon as we get to the reception bye my precious pink pumps hello comfy flip flops!
FutureMrs.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:55 AM   #27
Princess85
Earning My Ears

Grand Wedding Showcase weekend!

I just have this idea in my head that I want the pink pumps for pretty much like 2 pictures. I just think they would pop so good on the dress. Expecially after being on here and seeing other girls get exactly what I want!!

So I am very excited because its the weekend of the Grand Wedding Showcase!! It takes place at 4 different hotels over 4 days and pretty much brings every vendor in thats any good. So Andy and I are going to lie and not tell anyone we're getting married at Disney and see what they come up with when we say "whimsical and mad hatter". I know its kinda sorta wrong but I need to see some ideas in real life and not just on the computer!! I will try and take lots of pics for inspiration! And in case anyone's wondering Andy is just so thrilled. I'm pretty sure if there wasn't free food and booze this wouldn't be happening!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #28
Princess85
Earning My Ears

Menu options!!

So I got a call on Friday from Diane, she called to let me know that she will again be my planner so it makes the transition fairly easy! However I did warn her that everything is different now!! So I narrowed my menus down to 5...yes it seems insane but I can't make up my mind and I am hoping price will be the deciding factor because they all sound so good!!!

Menu #1
Salad w/ 3 dressings
Canadian cheddar cheese soup
Parm crusted chicken
2 pepper rubbed beef with sweet onion sauce (carving station)
Mashed potatoes with prociutto and cheddar cheese
Pasta station with tomato basil and alfredo sauce

Menu #2
Tomatoes w/ mozza and basil, balsamic reduction
sweet & sour cuke salad
pasta salad
petit veggie medley
cheddar and bacon mashed potatoes
Beef bourgugnonne
Roasted turkey breast with cranberry
Assorted rolls and butter

Menu #3
Medley of field greens and herbs salad
Red skin potato salad with dill
pasta salad
Orzo pasta with fresh herbs and cheese
Roasted garlic ginger chicken
slow roasted strip loin
Assorted rolls and butter

Menu #4
Dilled cucumber salad
Medley of field greens
Pasta salad
Herb roasted pork loin
Crushed peppercorn strip loin
Potato and carmelized onion gratin
farfalle or penne pasta station (tomato basil, pesto or alfredo sauces)
focaccia bread

Menu #5
Medley of field freens
sauteed chicken with roasted garlic thyme demi
deep fried garlic infused turkey breast
tri-color tortellini tossed with juliene chicken breast with pesto sauce
grilled veggies
roasted potatoes with dill
assorted rolls and butter

So we'll see what she comes back with. On a side note, the shoes fit however they are 4 inches high so walking will be a challenge!!!

Last edited by Princess85; 11-01-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #29
redlight
DIS Veteran

The menus all look delicious. I'd have a hard time deciding too. I'm not a heel wearer, and four inches sounds very high to me.

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #30
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Just joining in - I too had to have pink shoes - I found a pair very similar to yours, and was SO glad I chose them...

I love all of your plans so far - the bridesmaids dresses are amazing, and love all the bright colors...and the mad hatter theme is fantastic.

I had a caricature artist at my wedding in September and it was one of the highlights of the day - guests are still taking about how cool it was, and they all walked away with an amazing and unique favor...

If you are still under the minimum, consider adding the MK shoot - it was such a great experience, just the experience alone is worth it if you are Disney Fans! Plus the pictures are stunning...you really can't go wrong!
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: