Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #16
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

You must be so excited. 3 months! It sounds like you have the basic things covered which is good. Don't want to leave it to the last minute and get stressed. I hear you about shoes being difficult to find. I'm having that trouble just for my own shoes I can't imagine for three. Looking forward to seeing pics of the girls dresses. It sounds like they're a really pretty color.
FutureMrs.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #17
Disney-Chick
A Canadian who loves Disney eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrs.B View Post
You must be so excited. 3 months! It sounds like you have the basic things covered which is good. Don't want to leave it to the last minute and get stressed. I hear you about shoes being difficult to find. I'm having that trouble just for my own shoes I can't imagine for three. Looking forward to seeing pics of the girls dresses. It sounds like they're a really pretty color.
I am excited.... I don't want to rush it but I just need to go on vacation. I have been saving all my vacation for this trip and the one in Feb. I think most is covered. I just feel like I should be doing something. I am very stress free. Every PJ that I seem to read they are all stressing out.

Yes shoes are so hard. And ones that will fit well. I don't need all the girls with the same shoes as long as they are the same color.

I told my daughter I need her to put the dress on so I can take pictures to post. Just need to charge the batteries.

Disney-Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #18
Disney-Chick

Just some info on what I have been doing since it has been awhile since I wrote on here.

We are now in the process of booking a hockey game while down there, I have a friend who knows someone within the Tampa Bay Lightening. We will watch on Dec. 30 Tampa vs Montreal. So that is underway.

My DF bought the tickets for Richard Petty's Racing for the 29th for himself, father and brother. I will be there taping it.

On a note that really isn't much about the wedding. Just to let you know how it led up to yesterday's dental work I will give you the background.

When I 20 I had to have my front tooth removed from an accident that happened when I was 10 . They put in a bridge which attaches to the teeth next to the missing one. All was fine, my dentist said that it should last another 5-10 years.

Then April comes and soccer tryouts are starting for my daughter. As I am down tying my shoe she decides to put hers on, her knee comes up and smacks me under my chin slamming my top and bottom teeth together . The first thing I did was ensure my teeth were still attached. Once that was confirmed I continued on with taking her to tryouts.

Couple of weeks later I was out with some of my girls having dinner. I started getting this really bad tooth ache, but not the ones attached to my bridge but next to it. I left around 11:30pm before heading home I went to Shopper's Drug Mart to get Anbesol. It was the weekend so I had to wait until the following week to get into the dentist.

After the dentist took x-rays they told me that one of the teeth that is holding my bridge is snapped in half and it will have to come out as it is affecting all my other teeth. They sent me for deep cleaning to see how the other teeth were doing (and this also was painful and expensive). After that they decided that 3 teeth needed to be pulled and fast as it is ruining my other teeth. After all the pre-work I had done before the final verdict were now into June. Then my dentist told me that it would cost $14,000 for all 4 teeth and having them install posts rather than a bridge. Going the bridge way again is cheaper ($7,000) but we could end up with the same senerio should something go wrong. They thought they could also go through my dental plan as it was an accident. So my DF and I decided that if it were to be covered we would go with the posts. It would take longer but would be most beneficial.

Then in July my tooth decided to go abscessed, I went to the dentist and started taking penicillin which didn't work fast enough and was huge and ended up breaking. So off to the hospital I went and long story short they took care of it and it hurt like hell!!!!

So finally the letter gets sent to cover my teeth and after waiting some more weeks found out it wasn't sent in correctly and had to be resent. Finally came back and they will cover mostly all of it. The 3rd tooth that is not part of the accident we will have to cover some. That tooth lost bone from me smoking for so long. (I quit back March 26/10 )

I was so scared if we had to pay for any of this dental work for 2 reasons, we already booked the wedding and then I was afraid how the teeth were going to look as I have partials in or Dentures for my 4 front teeth. So last night at 7pm I went for my appt. They had given me Ativan for me to start taking on Monday to calm me down. I was so nervous. I slept all day yesterday, the got up had some good supper and went for my appt.

So I was laying in the chair and my dentist started off with "we booked our trip to Disney for Feb" Now that made me smile. We had discussed this at some appt's so I knew he was looking. And they will be there the same time as us in Feb. during the school closure for the Canada Games. But my biggest concern is for the wedding. I want to make sure that my teeth are looking like real teeth. I won't go into detail but it took about 45 minutes to get them all out and about 15 minutes just for the broken piece. Now I have my denture in, but my speech is slurred since it is like a retainer. But they do look great.

Now that it is all over, I went and put my prescription in for Tylenol 3's came home and my mouth was starting to throb so I took some 3's, ibeprophine and half gravel and relaxed on the couch and then off to bed.

Now I have to wait 6-9 months for my mouth to heal and then they will put the posts in, which im sure I will need to more ativan to calm me down. It's a long process. I just wish I could eat, im so hungry and haven't ate since yesterday at supper time. Of course I can only have soft mushy stuff. So my DF decided to stay home with me and I will have him make me scrabble eggs. But im scared to eat, and im scared to brush my teeth. But I am off to try at least, but have to be careful. Eventually I will have to remove the denture when going to sleep at night so that it doesn't grow bacteria. Sounds gross I know. But I can't remove it until I go back to the dentist today as it will have to heal a bit before I can take it out.

Ok well that is all my news for now. Not much about the wedding, just that we are looking into catering now.

If you read all this, thank you.
Shawna

Old 10-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #19
neener3
Mouseketeer

Oh man....poor you!

I don't have health insurance right now (subbing with the HRSB = no coverage!) so I won't even go in for a cleaning because I know it'll lead to more...at least yours was mostly covered!

Hoping everything goes smoothly from here on in!
neener3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #20
Disney-Chick

I know what it is like not having health insurance.

My BIL is a vice-principal at a school in Sackville. I know what he went through trying to get in with the HRSB. It is hard and takes awhile. But im sure it will all work out.

The dentist went well today. He took out the denture, which I was really nervous about but overall it went well. He had me remove it and put it back in to ensure that I would be able to do this. I was a bit nervous but it was fine.

I will be happy when this is all done, but again I still have at least 9 months to go.

So it looks like we will be booking the hockey game for Dec. 30th in a luxury suite. There will be 18 of us.

This looks like it is going to be one busy vacation/wedding as we may not be at the parks as much as we thought. Or even at the AKL as much as we thought. Paying that much money we wanted to utilize the hotel as much as possible.

I also had my niece put on with us so that she can enjoy the EMH with my daughter as they are only 2 years apart.

Im so glad were going back in Feb. That will be a great vacation for the 3 of us to enjoy.

We received an email from CAA that our trip for Dec is due this coming Monday. So we have to take care of that and then our other trip will be due on Dec. 29th. Now just waiting for all the wedding budget to come through so we know for sure what we owe them.

Well off to watch Survivor!

Old 10-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #21
Tinkershelly
DisneyWorld trip winner!
Holy moley, there are soooo many items!

Geeze Louise, Shawna!

I hope you feel better and look great soon! No wonder I haven't seen you around this week.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #22
Disney-Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkershelly View Post
Geeze Louise, Shawna!

I hope you feel better and look great soon! No wonder I haven't seen you around this week.
I am back to work on Monday. I am doing better, but I still have to get use to it all. I had a burger today and had to cut it up

Im sure I will see you this week.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #23
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear about your dental ordeal. It sounds painful. I hope you feel better. Btw did you change your avatar? I'm not sure if it's new or I'm really just not that perceptive. It's a really nice pic of you and your DF.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #24
Disney-Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrs.B View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your dental ordeal. It sounds painful. I hope you feel better. Btw did you change your avatar? I'm not sure if it's new or I'm really just not that perceptive. It's a really nice pic of you and your DF.
It's not as painful as I thought it would be. But it sure is a pain in the a$$ when trying to eat. I must say though the teeth look really good. As they should but I was so scared of what I would look like. And I am still having trouble with some words and people not understanding me. So I just try harder to pronounce the words properly.

I did change the avatar tonight. I really like this picture of us. It turned out great and im not photogenic at all. Thanks for the compliment.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #25
Tinkershelly
DisneyWorld trip winner!
Holy moley, there are soooo many items!

Gee whiz, Shawna, how did this thread get to the second page already? I haven't seen you all week. Five weeks today for me! And good news, my Mom has agreed to stay at my house while we're gone to look after the kitties. Even though last year one of my kitties died while we were away and she was here she still agreed!

What's new with your plans???
Old 10-28-2010, 05:53 AM   #26
Disney-Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkershelly View Post
Gee whiz, Shawna, how did this thread get to the second page already? I haven't seen you all week. Five weeks today for me! And good news, my Mom has agreed to stay at my house while we're gone to look after the kitties. Even though last year one of my kitties died while we were away and she was here she still agreed!

What's new with your plans???
Hey Michele; That is so nice of your mom to stay and watch the kitties. We are leaving ours home and one of Edward's friends will come by every 2nd day I hate leaving him by himself because he loves when people are around, but at least someone will be by. I think I remember you telling me that one of your kitties died while you were away. That is so sad.

I can't believe only 5 weeks. Time is going by fast!! We have 58 days

Not to much is new with plans. Just looking into favors, catering etc. Do my dress fitting next Thursday. This weekend im going out with the girls to try and get them shoes. I read everyone eles' posts and I feel like I should be doing more or even stressed out but im not.

We must just be missing each other in the halls. Im sure I will see you sometime. Except Monday. I am off that day Love long weekends!

Old 11-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #27
Disney-Chick

Time is approaching. We ordered and received our wedding bands, and they fit perfect. I moved from a size 9 to a size 7 woohoo!!!

This Thursday is my dress fitting, and im so excited for that. I think more because I love trying my dress on.

We still can't order the tickets online through out website for the parks, and I wish that this would be fixed. I do not like having things not being complete.

We purchased the shoes for the girls over the weekend. We are looking into favours and gifts for Rev. Day & our coordinator.

Things are coming together!!! And I can't wait to go.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #28
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

That's sooo exciting! I'm so happy to hear that things are coming together. Congratz on going down in sizes. That's awesome!
Old 11-05-2010, 05:30 AM   #29
Disney-Chick

I did the dress fitting last night and the only thing that needs to be done is the hemming of it as it is a bit to long.

When looking at everyone else's dress I was wondering if I chose the best dress. But everytime I put the dress on I realize it is the one that I love. I tried on my shoes with it and they did look better than I thought as I found a pair of black/white high heels shoes but I wouldn't wear them again and didn't want to spend more money on something that will not be utilized enough.

I have my uncle doing us the favor's. He is a chef/baker and makes homemade jams etc and he will be doing this for us.

Will be borrowing pearl earrings/necklace from my mother and a friend at work offered to make me a bracelett as she makes jewelary.

Edward picked up his suit yesterday and we still need to get a vest/tie for him and his brother.

Well I think that is it for now. I should get to work

Old 11-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #30
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

How exciting!! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of you in your dress and shoes. I can imagine how cute that's going to look!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: