Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #16
JessnRich225
Mouseketeer

Wow... It's been a while =)

Hi everyone!! It has been almost 3 months since I have updated.... crazy!! With finals and the holidays, I just didn't have much time to get on here.

I spent Christmas in NJ with mine and DF's family. Ate too much, got snowed in, went into NYC, and saw a NJ Devils game. All in all, it was a great December and a wonderful end to 2010. Then came 2011... wedding year!! It's like I woke up and realized... "WOW... this is the year!" In just a few short months, I will be walking down the aisle at SBP, so I better get a move on with these wedding plans!!

I was informed by Davids Bridal that one of our wedding colors, pistachio, was discontinued, and my MOH had not yet purchased her dress. So after a few trips to Davids, not finding any other color that would coordinate well, for me, with the clover, we decided we would just start from scratch again. In a way, it was a good move. All of my girls now have their dresses, and things are starting to fall into place. Since I already did our invitations (representing the dark and light greens), I am stuck with keeping them. everything else is being altered around the colors, Pool & Truffle.

Here is my MOH, Katie, in her Truffle dress with a pool sash. (I've blocked her face bc she will prob think she looks a mess and hate me for sharing with the DIS Boards world ) She is also VERY petite, and was able to fit into a Jr. size dress... YAY to saving money for us starving college students

Next are my beautiful Bridesmaids! I do not have a picture of my niece in her dress, since I purchased and haven't shipped yet, but her and my pretty lady, Nikki, will be wearing the same dress.

I also had to adjust our orders at Mens Warehouse, and we have the BM in Truffle, and the GM in Pool. We are currently stuck with what DF will wear!!! We originally had planned to just have them all wearing khaki pants, white dress shirts, and the vests and ties from MW. I am slowly inching towards doing the suit/tux route. Any ideas/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

I finally booked hair & make up with Beaute Speciale for the wedding day and our park shoots. Ana was very helpful and attentive, and I cannot wait to meet her staff.

I am also hoping (fingers crossed!!) to be able to get Randy for photos. I will be calling him in the next week or so to check availability. I had spoken to him a few months back, but with the holidays and everyday life, we couldn't really afford to make the deposit at that exact time. I really love his pictures, and they seem well worth the cost.

Today, I also booked our dog and 3 cats at Best Friends Kennel! The woman I spoke to was wonderful, and their website got me so excited!! Bedtime stories for my pooch, and salmon on a ritz for my kitties?? I was sold!!

Well, that's all for now!!!
JessnRich225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #17
redlight
DIS Veteran

I really like your MOH's dress - the sash is a nice touch.

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #18
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

I had my BMs try on those pool dresses--they loved them so much!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #19
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Love the dresses!
We are going the suit route. It's not soooo much more than renting, and then he can have something after the wedding. The problem we are having is agreeing on the color of it...haha!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #20
JessnRich225
Mouseketeer

I'M GETTING MARRIED IN 100 DAYS!!!!
crazy crazy!!! Time is going by soooo fast!!! will be doing so much wedding stuff this weekend, hopefully I can feel like I accomplished something. Since our colors changed, I redid my invites last night, incorporating my blue and brown. Ive also been thinking about adding some pink in somewhere? Maybe put my MOH in a bright pink dress with a brown sash? gah! idk... I'm starting to go a little crazy
Old 02-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #21
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessnRich225 View Post
I'M GETTING MARRIED IN 100 DAYS!!!!
crazy crazy!!! Time is going by soooo fast!!! will be doing so much wedding stuff this weekend, hopefully I can feel like I accomplished something. Since our colors changed, I redid my invites last night, incorporating my blue and brown. Ive also been thinking about adding some pink in somewhere? Maybe put my MOH in a bright pink dress with a brown sash? gah! idk... I'm starting to go a little crazy
Yay!! I can't wait unitl I can say that!!
I think little touches of pink goes good with brown.....
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #22
JessnRich225
Mouseketeer

Just a little update =)

So... Today we booked Randy!!! I am so excited and have a feeling that this is going to be one of the best choices we've made in regards to wedding "extras". I am all about pictures, they last forever!

We decided to go the tux route for the guys. DF and his guys will be wearing the Calvin Klein shadow pin stripe in black, DF in Watermelon, and the guys in Oasis, from MW.

I need to speak to Rosie again to change our flowers, but I'm hoping for white roses with fuchsia colored Mickey crystals, with the ribbon incorporating the blue & brown for my bouquet, and fuchsia roses with brown and blue ribbon for my MOH and Bridesmaids. I've also fallen in love with the trend of having colored shoes... I'm thinking the watermelon/fuchsia color? eekk!!! So much to think about!!!

I go for my alterations on March 3rd... hoping I can drop a few lbs by so fingers crossed!!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #23
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

I thought I would come check out your PJ after getting your PM. I love your dress, the details on the top are beautiful and the full skirt is great. I love the vintage tea pots for the reception too.

Also, you will love Randy We were so happy with his work. In fact, when we go down to Disney in 2 weeks for our anniversary, we're having him take some family/anniversary pictures.

Your fitting is on my 3rd anniversary, so I wish you luck for being just the right size you want to be that day

I just sent over the files for you too

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #24
JessnRich225
Mouseketeer

Not a good day =(

So, I have been stressing for months about the ladies in my bridal party. My MOH and one of my BM's were supposed to fly down together, and stay in the same room to help save some money (we all danced together as kids). On Friday night, I got up the nerve to email both of them asking what was going on. They were the only 2 who had not booked ANYTHING!! I wanted to let them know that flights were starting to go up and that things needed to be done as soon as possible. Well, later that night, my MOH emailed saying things were still on and that she would book as soon as possible. My BM emailed saying that she was working on it and wanted to give me a positive answer and to please be patient with her.

Then today happens. My MOH texted me asking if she could call because she needed to talk to me. Turns out, she was going to borrow the money from her dad, and have some of it count towards her graduation gift (she graduates 5/13, wedding is 5/16). Her father changed his mind, and decided against it. So, I've not only lost my MOH, but also my 2nd BM (since they were splitting the costs).

Sorry for the rant. My mother is currently overseas, and this would be a lot easier if she were here to help me deal with it, but I'm doing the next best thing and asking the other DIS brides. Have you ever gone through anything like this? What should I do? How do I go about asking someone else to stand up for me so close to the wedding without making them feel like they were 2nd choice?? I guess I always knew that this was a possibility, but I really thought that my best friends would come through for me.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #25
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessnRich225 View Post
So, I have been stressing for months about the ladies in my bridal party. My MOH and one of my BM's were supposed to fly down together, and stay in the same room to help save some money (we all danced together as kids). On Friday night, I got up the nerve to email both of them asking what was going on. They were the only 2 who had not booked ANYTHING!! I wanted to let them know that flights were starting to go up and that things needed to be done as soon as possible. Well, later that night, my MOH emailed saying things were still on and that she would book as soon as possible. My BM emailed saying that she was working on it and wanted to give me a positive answer and to please be patient with her.

Then today happens. My MOH texted me asking if she could call because she needed to talk to me. Turns out, she was going to borrow the money from her dad, and have some of it count towards her graduation gift (she graduates 5/13, wedding is 5/16). Her father changed his mind, and decided against it. So, I've not only lost my MOH, but also my 2nd BM (since they were splitting the costs).

Sorry for the rant. My mother is currently overseas, and this would be a lot easier if she were here to help me deal with it, but I'm doing the next best thing and asking the other DIS brides. Have you ever gone through anything like this? What should I do? How do I go about asking someone else to stand up for me so close to the wedding without making them feel like they were 2nd choice?? I guess I always knew that this was a possibility, but I really thought that my best friends would come through for me.
So sorry to hear about that!

I hadn't had to deal with anything like this- but I am sure whoever you ask will understand the situation, and hopefully won't feel like a "second" choice

I will say I think it is kind of cruddy of your friends to bail out at the last minute- but at least it happened before it was too late to find replacements....

Hope everything works out for you!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #26
JessnRich225
Mouseketeer

Just a few updates :)

So, my last post was about losing my MOH and one Bridesmaid. Well, with all my stressing, things have found a way to work themselves out. Of course I was upset when my best friends decided that traveling to disney was just not doable financially, but after allowing myself to chill out for a bit, I realized that maybe this was for the best. We were uneven with our bridal party to begin with, so losing one BM turns out to work better. I was also able to get up the nerve to ask a friend who lives nearby if she would mind standing up for me since obviously I had chosen the wrong girls in the beginning. She was thrilled and said she would be honored to be my MOH. Whoo!!!

Well, I went for my alterations on Thurs (3/4), and brought along Parker (my new MOH). she is getting married in April, and we both had our fittings. With my mom still over seas, it was nice to have someone to share that experience with. I'm not sure how I did it, but I managed to get away with only needing my neckline picked up on my gown. I bought my dress almost 2 years ago, and my weight fluctuates so much that I was not sure if I would even be able to get it altered if I had grown above 2 sizes. I also had the dress I had purchased for dinner fitted ( I refuse to wear my gown when there will be any chance of spills... I am not paying $1400 for MK & EPCOT shoots with the chance of a dirty dress ) I was not so lucky with that dress. In order to reduce the prices of the needed alterations, I had them convert the back into a corset. I do not have a picture of this dress, but will make sure I post it when I pick it up on 4/20.

hmm, that was a novel and I haven't even gotten to the good stuff!! I have been doing a lot of our DIY stuff, invites, welcome folders, etc. I have been juggling everything with full time school work, so this weekend I finally decided to finish some things I hadn't gotten to, and added some more to things that aren't quite finished. And now, the pictures......

Fisrt up... Invites!! I made them myself (I had originally made different ones, but once our colors changed, so did they) First is the front with the Vellum I did, 2nd is the inside, once the vellum comes off

Next up, are some welcome bags. I ordered them from Oriental Trading, something like $15 a dozen. I used some Puffy Paint to customize them, but still have some work to do. First pic is just all the bags stacked up so you can see the colors (pink, yellow, green, blue, orange & purple)

This is my sisters bag. Each one is decorated differently, so here is just one

To put into the welcome bags, so far I have travel sets from B&BW with body spray, body wash, lotion and hand saniz for the girls and the men's signature spray and body wash. I also got the sanitizer holder with the loop to hook onto your purse or whatnot. Here is the big box with all the B&BW stuff

I have also picked up little mani kits for the girls, travel size nail clippers for the guys, advil packets, loofas, shout wipe packets, kleenex packets, and a bunch of stuff for parkers little one (he is 2,got some wipes, disposable bowls and sippie cups, J&J baby shampoo, powder, lotion, body wash, crayons, mini Pooh figurines from the dollar store, those "magic towels" that open up in the bath). I don't have pictures of all these things since they are currently in numerous bags all around my house, but you can bet there will be lots of pictures while I'm putting them together in Disney

Now the folders. I still need some more ideas for stuff to put in, but here we go.
Front of the folders

Back of the folders (with some of our favorite Disney quotes)

Some of the contents I snagged from some other DIS Brides... Shout out to Figment aka Vanessa!!
Did you Know?

Disney Tips

Wedding Word Search & "How well do you know the bride & groom" crossword

Hidden Mickey Pamphlets

Reservation Cards for each party, letting them know when we had included them and where

Photopass cards (one with the explanation of what it is and how it works, as well as locations for each park that have the best shots and the "special shots" with Tink, Stich, Balloons, etc)

I also snagged some drinking around the world cards from another bride, and altered a few for the under 21 crowd

I also got some ideas from Boston Bride (Not sure what her exact name is). I loved her idea with the door hangers and window clings, so I made some up. here is just one hanger ( they pretty much say different things... moms says "We're here for our daughters fairytale wedding"... you get the idea)

I can't get a good picture of the clings with the backing on them, but they are the silhouettes of Mickey and Minnie kissing, and again, they all say different things. My favorite is the one I did for my brother that says "My little sister will become a Mrs. in Walt Disney World!"

ahhh, so much stuff!!! Anyways, I hope everyone likes what I have come up with, and also the stuff that I have gotten from other brides. I tried to tweak everything so that I didn't feel like I was plagiarizing but for anyone whose ideas I have copied, thank you so much!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #27
JessnRich225
Mouseketeer

ONLY ONE MONTH LEFT UNTIL WE GET MARRIED!!!

Ahhh!!!! I'm so excited I can't even control myself anymore!!! I have some more stuff to post, but I'll do it sometime later this weekend!! Off to work now!!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #28
DisneyChicky
Earning My Ears

Talking

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
DisneyChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:16 AM   #29
Fay
DIS Veteran

Talking

Bet your really excited!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #30
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Just checking in--- congratulations on the 100 day mark!!!!! I also really like your new color scheme, and your invitations are great!!!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: