Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2014, 08:40 PM   #1
808in702
Earning My Ears

etiquette in the parks

I was shocked on how poor people's etiquette at the parks was. We went to DL for 2 days and on the first day we visited DCA. I was craving for a turkey leg and my 2 DD wanted to ride the Carousel, so I bought a leg and sat on the wall next to the exit of Toy Story Mania. A Japanese family rushes over to the space next to me and then I see the dad carry the son's soiled shorts. A CM came over to the family and asked if everything was okay, but all they could say was "Sorry" and continued cleaning the child. Keep in mind, the bathroom was only 30 feet away.

The next day, it was hot and after riding "Splash Mountain" we went over to get an ice cream sundae on "Main St." There were a few tables and when a family got up, a father asked if he could have the table. The previous family sitting there said okay. The dad and his son sat down, all of a sudden, a Chinese lady came up to him and said something in Chinese. The father replied "Someone is sitting there." The lady then calls another lady over and try to sit with him on the table. Being that we were all shocked on how rude this lady was, I didn't allow her to take the chair my wife just got off to move to the table and they both decided to go back to their previous spot.

I can tolerate the complaints due to the weather, lines and almost everything that goes on, but don't invade someone's personal space.
808in702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:17 PM   #2
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Keep in mind that the concept of personal space has different definitions in different cultures. Your definition may not be someone else's. Also, I think we've all had experiences at DLR and elsewhere when something embarrassing (like a child soiling his pants) catches us off guard. The family in question (and their ethnicity has nothing to do with this) may not have known the restroom was 30' away and their confusion over the child's accident couldn't have helped matters. While I very much appreciate good etiquette, I also understand that people come to DLR from all over the world with different ideas of what constitutes good behavior. I've found that one rule of etiquette that seems to apply no matter the culture is to be gracious and cut people some slack when possible.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM   #3
bayoulife4me
Earning My Ears

My peeve are the people who run about within crowds. Those folks bump into just about everyone, and usually the last person in the runner's club will shout our a barely audible sorry, as if that would cover for their rudeness. There is no reason for running while at Disneyland.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: