Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #376
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

oops...double post!

Last edited by KitKat5; 10-13-2011 at 09:38 AM.
KitKat5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #377
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Ok so I'm pretty crappy at doing this but I'm back now and determined to get this TR done!!

Firstly, as has become a bit of a tradition, here's out latest baby scan...

only 8 weeks to go! I can't believe it's gone so quick! The nursery is all pretty much done too...

the new blinds arrive tomorrow and then it's just little finishng touches! It's all so exciting!

Also, my contract at work got extended. I was supposed to leave 29th September but have been extended until 31st May! This means I'm entitled to full maternity pay which is great! There's a chance it could be extended again and if it is I'll have to return to work full time for 1 month but that's not so bad!

Anyway, enough of the baby talk! Back to the wedding!!

After the father daughter dance we had a few slow songs played so everyone else could come up and join us

I love this picture. This is my uncle and soon to be aunt...for the 8 years Paul and I have been together my uncle and Paul have always joked about how much they love eachother and that they are a secret couple and my uncle couldn't wait to get Paul on the dance floor with him! At my sisters wedding in 2008 they held hands in every photo! They are quite amusing when together.

Our DJ then decided to teach us some dance moves to some very famous songs . It was a surprise and super fun! We had a little boogie to beat it, jailhouse rock, staying alive, vogue and several others. I'm actually watching our wedding video (again) as I type this and can't help but laugh at it...it was so much fun!

This really helped loosen everyone up and get them into the swing of things! I've got some great video of the little girls too...I wish I could show you all!! I tried to upload it to FB but they took it off and said if I do it again my account will be deactivated! Ooops!! It's got Disney copyright so I don't know if I can upload it anywhere else?! There was no stopping anyone after this...there was always someone on the dance floor. All my worries about if people would actually get up and dance or not disappeared!

After this we played a game called 'lasting impressions.' Which again was a big surprise. Steve asked Paul to pick 2 guys and 1 girl (so he picked the BM Sean and our 2 friends, Jay and Jo.) They each had to pick a number between 1 and a million and then act out that song. Jay was excellent, he's a great dancer and danced to 'cant touch this'. Jo was a good sport and danced to an Elvis song and poor Sean got the short straw and had to dance to Barbie Girl. Sean is not the best dancer, but it's incredibly funny watching him busting a move on the dance floor! To finish up they had a mash up of different songs to dance to before we got to vote for the winner (needless to say Sean won just for being so funny) They were all such good sports and really got into it!

Here's some pics of Sean dancing...I hope they make you giggle as much as I do when I look at them!

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-19-2013 at 07:08 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #378
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Hey you're still here too! Don't worry I haven't finished mine either

Wow, it really looks like a baby this time! I don't need anyone to point it out to me The nursery looks great, looks like you've put a lot of work into it!

Try Youtube for your videos, FB is weird some times with what it will and won't allow
Old 10-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #379
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
Hey you're still here too! Don't worry I haven't finished mine either

Wow, it really looks like a baby this time! I don't need anyone to point it out to me The nursery looks great, looks like you've put a lot of work into it!

Try Youtube for your videos, FB is weird some times with what it will and won't allow
Glad it's not just me then! Now the wedding isn't the number 1 prioirty in my life I just keep forgetting to come back!

Yep it looks like a baby now!! Feels like a baby too at 4lb 13oz! Cannot wait for baby to arrive now!

I have to say I did next to nothing in the nursery! DH has done it all! I purchased everything but he's had to put it all together! Doesn't stop me taking the credit for it though!

Oooo that's a good idea! I'll head over to youtube now and see if I can upload there! Thanks!

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-19-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:45 AM   #380
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Ok...today is the day! Today I AM going to finish this TR!

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and feel like a ticking time bomb so have decided to get this finished before baby arrives and takes over my life!

Sooo...after the dance off we just partied the evening away It was great fun and the dance floor was never empty. Admittedly there were a few times where I was the only person on the dance floor but I was having a fab time so who cares! We had an open bar (thanks to my dad ) but I didn't actually have anything to drink! I had a glass of champagne for the toasts and then a glass of water and that was it! I was far to busy having a great time to stop for a drink!

At 6pm Steve announced that 'we had news from the magic kingdom' and in came Mickey and Minnie! Unfortunately some people had popped out to have a cigarette/get pjs for the little ones, so not everyone was there to see their arrival. I am so glad that I managed to keep it a secret though! I'm not great at keeping secrets at the best of times and this was a tough one to keep but I did it! (yay me! ) The kids faces were a picture! They were so excited! I love the fact that they whole heartedly believe that Minnie and Mickey are real and that they were there. To be honest though, I think everyone felt like that!

At this point DH still had no idea that I had also gotten Donald Duck for him as a surprise (best surprise EVER!!) We had 15 minutes of dancing with Mickey and Minnie and then Mickey had a little 'chat' with the DJ. Steve said if Mickey really wanted to do that then they would need a song so he played duck tales. No one thought anything of it though and just carried on dancing away. When I realised what was happening I turned to DH and told him he could have his wedding present now. He looked a little confused but when he saw Donald his face absolutely lit up and he got a bit teary (I'm not sure if I mentioned before but Donald was also his Dads favourite character and he passed away the year before so it kind of had a double meaning for DH) Donald came straight over to him and shook his hand and gave me hug and then joined in on the dancing. Having all 3 characters was so worth every penny we spent (and the difficulty I had keeping it a secret too!)

Mickey and Steve having a 'chat' just before Donald arrived

Me telling DH he could have his wedding present now

More dancing and then time for the cake cutting. This was my least favourite moment of the day! We had no idea what we were doing and no one helped! The characters tried desperately to mime what we needed to do and we eventually got there and ended up with the BIGGEST slice of wedding cake!! DH practically just cut the side off the bottom tier! The DJ then started saying about feeding cake to eachother which was something we really didn't want to do but didn't feel like we could get out of it so DH cut the slice of cake into smaller pieces and we got that over and done with! No cake in the face...I would of been so mad if DH had done that!

We had some group photos taken before Minnie and Mickey had to leave and then hit the dance floor again with Donald for the cha cha slide and carwash! Everyone came down to join in which was great. My neice still talks about dancing with Donald and will not dance to the cha cha slide now if Donald isn't there too!!

Here is my neice saying goodbye to Minnie...she didn't understand why they had to leave so that was a little sad but she soon got over it!

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-19-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #381
PinkSleepingBeauty
DIS Veteran

Hi! Gorgeous pics with the characters! Looks like you had a wonderful wedding!! Congrats about your soon to be new arrival! How lovely!

Natalie & Phil's Long Overdue Planning Journal : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2648880

PinkSleepingBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #382
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSleepingBeauty View Post
Hi! Gorgeous pics with the characters! Looks like you had a wonderful wedding!! Congrats about your soon to be new arrival! How lovely!
Thank you!

Old 11-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #383
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Kat,

What a fabulous trip report! Your day was lovely!

Congrats on the impending arrival! I wish you all the best.

The characters look like so much fun. I am so glad that we are having Donald and Daisy at ours. Also, good to see them go over so well.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #384
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

End of reception/Dessert Party

After Donald left we didn't have much time left before we'd have to get on the motor coach headed for our dessert party! The DJ got us all down on the dance floor for the last few songs. 'Hey Jude' is a big family favourite so he put that on and all my family gathered together on the dance floor, arms around eachother singing very badly and out of tune, in a big circle, then everyone else started to join in to. It was great and we got some great footage of it on the DVD!

Our final dance was 'Good Riddance (time of your life)' The DJ played Green Days version when we had originally asked for Glen Campbells. It didn't bother me but DH still mentions it whenever we watch the DVD!

The DJ got everyone to make a big circle around us during this dance and as it reached the end our confetti cannons went off! Although they were expensive I think they were worth it. It was a great ending to the night and it looked great in the DVD! My poor neice heard the BANG a lot sooner than she saw the confetti and had no idea what had happened! It took a while for it to all get down to her level but when it did she loved it We didn't get any pictures of this part of the evening as our photographer was also a friend so he joined in!

After this Carol and her team came in to clear everything up and packed everything away to take back to my room which was great as it was one less thing for me to worry about! I was going to pay someone to do it but they sorted it all out!

We were then all taken to the BC entrance to board the motor coach that would be taking us to Epcot. It was a nice trip and took us all backstage at Epcot. We came in at the UK (near the red phonebox) and were led to lower lochside. It was really busy and lots of people were shouting out well wishes to us which was lovely

The dessert party set up was beautiful. I just couldn't wait to eat as I hadn't had much at dinner!!

this is me and my dad getting drinks...we didn't waste anytime...we were straight in there (this lady also went off to get DH a coke as he wasn't feeling very well...I thought that was really nice of her!)

this is the only picture I have of the centre pieces at the DP!

We gave everyone takeaway boxes as there was sooo much food I didn't want it to all go to waste and everyone really made use of them! I took a very full box to AKV with us as DH didn't eat much and I wanted him to try everything!

We had about an hour to eat before the fireworks started which was plenty of time. Our BM went and got some chips as he hadn't eaten dinner at all as he was so nervous about his speech! People kept pointing at the guys and saying 'look! English getlemen!'

The fireworks were great (as usual) and everyone said what a great ending to the night it was. We hardly watched them as our photographr was taking pictures of us the whole time but we've seen them so many times it didn't matter.

When we boarded the motorcoach to go back to the BC I wasn't really sure what everyone else would want to do...I was planning on going to the bar but when we got dropped off everyone was so tired they all went to bed! So that's where we went too. DH had been poorly all day and had done so well hiding it, I think he was just happy to be going back to the room to relax! Well, that and he had planned a little surprise for me!

I'm having trouble with photobucket so I'll have to try and upload the rest of the pictures for you later!!

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-19-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #385
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Congratulations, Kat!
So happy to see you finish the trip report. The characters and dessert party looked like so much fun!

I wish you, Paul and baby well...not too much longer!!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:37 AM   #386
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethieTink View Post
Kat,

What a fabulous trip report! Your day was lovely!

Congrats on the impending arrival! I wish you all the best.

The characters look like so much fun. I am so glad that we are having Donald and Daisy at ours. Also, good to see them go over so well.
Thank you! I can't believe it was 8 months ago now! Time has flown by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
Congratulations, Kat!
So happy to see you finish the trip report. The characters and dessert party looked like so much fun!

I wish you, Paul and baby well...not too much longer!!
Thank you. It really was so much fun! I'm glad we did it! I'm looking forward to reading all about your big day too (you looked gorgeous!)

Old 11-17-2011, 08:06 AM   #387
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Hi my sweet Kat - Loving all the latest pictures and installments!!!! I am anxious to see what surprise DH had for you!!!
Good luck with your little mouseketeer!!! Be sure to let us know all about it and post a piccie or two!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:06 AM   #388
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Photobucket is finally going my way so here's the last of the pictures from the dessert party!

here's DH and I and my family waiting for the fireworks to start

The fireworks really were amazing and it really was a great way to end the night. I am so glad that we did it! I'm so glad that we did everything we did as it just made our day so perfect and memorable! We just could not of had a day like it if we had chosen to get married in the UK.

When we got back to the BC after the dessert party everyone headed back to their rooms as they were all shattered. I could of quite happily of carried on the celebrations but not on my own!

DH and I went back to our room and as we got to the door he gave me the room key and I noticed some rose petals on the floor...my first inkling that there may of been some kind of surprise waiting on the other side!

When I opened the door there were rose petals scattered along the floor into the bedroom and then a big heart on the bed with some mickey mouse chocolates and towels with our names on (I didn't take a picture of them but I did video this bit! I'll have to try and get the video uploaded!)

In the kitchen/dining area there was a big vase of red roses and some candles with Mickey confetti scattered around the worktop and in the bathroom too. My favourite bit was the tinkerbell on the bedroom mirror with a little light on it! I've bought it home and it's currently on the mirror in the bedroom! There was also some lovely smellies for the bath (sitting in my bathroom as we speak, I haven't even unwrapped them!!) and to top it all off there was a signed picture from Minnie and Mickey wishing us congratulations! It was awesome and it was such a lovely surprise from DH!

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-19-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #389
AshleyWoodske
Earning My Ears

re

congratulations!! looks like it was a beautiful day!
AshleyWoodske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #390
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyWoodske View Post
congratulations!! looks like it was a beautiful day!
Thank you. It was everything we wanted and more! I just can't believe I won't get to do it all over again!

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-19-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: