Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #361
neener3
Mouseketeer

Oooo I'm loving reading about the wedding day - you had me in tears! I felt like a princess walking down to the ceremony too - in fact walking anywhere in Disney in my dress, I was soooo sad to take it off!

I have to post a picture of our rings, I gasped when I saw yours lol. So similar!

Congratulations on the baby! I'm due just about a month after you, January 14th. Wait until the morning sickness is gone...you'll want to eat EVERYTHING in sight, all day long. Or out of sight. Or anything you can imagine. Hoo boy. I agree about transitioning from wedding to baby, my planning just shifted to a new focal point lol.
neener3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #362
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neener3 View Post
Oooo I'm loving reading about the wedding day - you had me in tears! I felt like a princess walking down to the ceremony too - in fact walking anywhere in Disney in my dress, I was soooo sad to take it off!

I have to post a picture of our rings, I gasped when I saw yours lol. So similar!

Congratulations on the baby! I'm due just about a month after you, January 14th. Wait until the morning sickness is gone...you'll want to eat EVERYTHING in sight, all day long. Or out of sight. Or anything you can imagine. Hoo boy. I agree about transitioning from wedding to baby, my planning just shifted to a new focal point lol.
Great minds think a like!!

KitKat5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2011, 06:57 AM   #363
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Wedding Day Continued...still...

About time I came back and wrote about the pre reception and reception I think!!

Before I start I just have to say that we got our wedding DVD this month and it is amazing!! It's just over 2 hours long and really takes me back to the day. I cried when I first watched it. So did my mum and sister We're doing the rounds so everyone that was there can see the DVD. Can we post videos on here??? I'd love to post some of it to show you!! I'll have to have a look into it!

Back to the wedding...after the ceremony we had some group photos taken and also had our staged exit...

here's DH and I with my mum and dad

This is my sister, BIL and neice (my nephew slept through the whole ceremony as he wasn't well so he didn't make it into any of the pictures!)

My uncle and his fiancee

Our friends Jay and Jo

MIL and BIL's

Our friends Paul and Hayley and their children Katie and Charlie (my niece snuck in!)

After all the photos Carol took all the guests to Ariels for the pre reception and DH and I stayed outside with one of the videographers and our photographer to get some pictures of just the 2 of us...

During these photos I did think about moving round to the BW to get some pictures but the hour went so quick we just ran out of time!

and off to the reception!!

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-19-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #364
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Oh Yay Kat sweetie,I thought you had abandoned us!!!
Seriously, though, I now know how difficult it is to keep up to date with your TR. I love writing mine, but each installment takes so long with having to upload photos and all and it can be hard to keep the momentum up when it sometimes seems that nobody is reading!!!
I am loving the new installment and the photos are so beautiful!!!
Hope you are keeping well and not feeling too nauseous!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #365
brer rabbit 28
Dude, you were like, 'Whoa!' and then we were like 'WHOA!' and then you were like 'Whoa.'

Lovely pictures Kat, please keep them coming. I love reading all about everyones special day

Claire and Chris' wedding planning journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2509001
brer rabbit 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #366
belle2211
DIS Veteran

I LOVE that staged exit with petals photo! So cool!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:36 AM   #367
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

You got some amazing photos looking over the water!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #368
Seaprincess1129
Earning My Ears

I really like the photo of everyone in the Mickey ears...classic!
Seaprincess1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:28 AM   #369
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Oh Yay Kat sweetie,I thought you had abandoned us!!!
Seriously, though, I now know how difficult it is to keep up to date with your TR. I love writing mine, but each installment takes so long with having to upload photos and all and it can be hard to keep the momentum up when it sometimes seems that nobody is reading!!!
I am loving the new installment and the photos are so beautiful!!!
Hope you are keeping well and not feeling too nauseous!!!
I could never!! It has taken a long time though you're right, and I'm sooo tired all the time! When I get home from work I just want to go to bed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brer rabbit 28 View Post
Lovely pictures Kat, please keep them coming. I love reading all about everyones special day
Thank you! Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
I LOVE that staged exit with petals photo! So cool!
Yes me too! Considering he wasn't a professional our photographer got some great pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
You got some amazing photos looking over the water!
Yes we did! There's loads more but I'm trying not to bore eveyone with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaprincess1129 View Post
I really like the photo of everyone in the Mickey ears...classic!
Me too! It's one of my favourites! It cost us a fortune to get all the ears but it was so worth it!!

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-19-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:22 AM   #370
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

So first up, here's the latest picture of our little baby at 21 weeks and 1 day

It's got to be a girl with that nose right?! I cannot wait to find out! We're 24 weeks 2 days now and it's flying by!

Back to the wedding!

DH and I headed to Ariels where our guests had spent the last hour, having a drink, resting and chatting. On our way they radioed ahead to get drinks ready for us...we asked for a coke and I'm so annoyed about that as I completely forgot we had champagne punch at the cockatil hour so I could of had some of that!! Doh!!

When we got to Ariels we just hung around by the main entrance (on the other side of the big fish tank?) kind of funny seeing as everyone could see through the tank! Most people were still on the other side of the room at the cockatil hour finishing off drinks though so it didn't really matter. My sister came and did the bustle up on my dress and took my veil off and removed my garter as it was so uncomfortable and our DJ, Steve, came and introduced himself, he was so amazing. I was so worried about having a DJ as we were such a small group but I really didn't need to worry. He had people up dancing the whole time! I remember having a good laugh with him. His name was Steve and so is my dads and my nephews so we had a giggle about that too. Then he headed back to the dance floor to introduce us.

We went straight into our first dance which was weird as we wouldn't do that back here in the UK but it worked really well for us!

I loved our first dance. It took such a long time to agree on a song but in the end we picked 'Book of Love' by Peter Gabriel. We picked it as it was the final song in the last episode of Scrubs and DH is a big fan (this is also how we have ended up agreeing that if we have a little boy his name will be JD! ) It didn't have any special meaning to us before then but now every time I hear it, it makes me smile as it reminds me of what an amazing day we had.

After our first dance it was straight into dinner! This was the first time I'd really been able to see the table and I have to say Warren did an amazing job!! It was so perfect!

Unfortunately neither DH or I were hungry. We were taken up to the buffet first and our helpers/servers were very nice but didn't really listen and piled our plates high! Neither of us really ate very much of it! Luckily all our guests had plenty, most going back for seconds!

The speeches followed. They were all very good. Considering both DH and the BM were still writing theirs the morning of the wedding! My dad was very organised and had it planned out long before the wedding and it showed! He did such a good job but unfortunately the videographers missed the beginning of his speech! It's not their fault though and they couldn't stop apologising! The speeches started a little early so they were still out back having something to eat. I don't mnd that they missed part of it as I have my dads copy so I'll never forget what he said!

The father daughter dance went very well. Dad and I learnt a dance for this as I'd always wanted to dance properly to 'the way you look tonight'

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-19-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #371
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Isn't it funny how there are so many little differences between what the US do, and what the UK do and what the Aussies do?

We did speeches first before anything, and by the sound of it that really threw my planner off.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:39 AM   #372
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
Isn't it funny how there are so many little differences between what the US do, and what the UK do and what the Aussies do?

We did speeches first before anything, and by the sound of it that really threw my planner off.
Yeah I'm not surprised! We did ours after dinner but that seemed to confuse everyone! Even the way we walk down the aisle is different here! We did it the American way but my poor dad kept saying this isn't right!

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-19-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #373
rigs32
DIS Veteran

The first dance before dinner is a new trend in the US. It's only the last couple years I've seen it and not at every wedding. I don't like it because IMO once the dance floor is open, it should be open. Then again, I am not a fan of sitting around at a wedding after I'm done eating waiting for the next stage of the event.
rigs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #374
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Kat sweetie - Loving all the new pictures you posted but especially the one of your little mousketeer!!!! Gosh, time is really flying and in no time at all, your little one will be here!!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #375
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Disney Wedding Blog

Super excited because Carly spotlighted our wedding on the Disney Wedding Blog Friday!!

I promise I WILL finish this TR...just not today!! I'm pooped (this pregnancy is really taking it out of me!) I was SUPPOSED to be leaving work on Thursday (I'm on a fixed term contract that was coming to an end) and 4 days before I'm due to leave they extend it!!! Not impressed! I'm ready to leave so I can sleep before my little bundle of joy arrives but no such luck now! I'll be working until mid November. Ho hum

I'll try and get some more of this done at the weekend (but no promises as we're in the middle of doing the nursery and I'm so slow things that should only take a day take me 7! ) The joys of pregnancy eh?!

Only 10 weeks to go!!!

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-19-2013 at 07:03 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: