Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #331
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Day 3 - Wedding Rehearsal

DH, Dad and BIL headed out to pick up the BM and photographer as they had an appointment at midday with Carolyn Allens to try on their suits! This was one thing I wasn't worried about but I guess I should of been!!

The guys all had lunch at Perkins before heading over for their appointment.

Here's a few pics from their suit fitting...

Whilst they were at their appointment, I headed to Walmart to sort out favours/place cards with my MOH, Mum and the kiddies.

Little back story...In April we got buckets that we were going to fill with sand and put a little gift in and they came with little round cards that we were going to write peoples names on so it'd be like a favour and placecard all in one! Well, the previous night I decided to make a start on them and had a total meltdown. DH tried to help but really, he couldn't do anything right so ended up sending in the voice of reason aka my mum. She tried to help too but could see I wasn't loving it so suggested we head to Wal Mart in the monring before the rehearsal and pick up something else. So that's what we were doing!

We got some ribbon for the kids activity bags and some sweets for the buckets and a pen we could use to write on the buckets...doesnt sound like much but in the end they turned out pretty good! (pictures to come later!)

After Wal Mart we went for lunch at, surprise surprise, Perkins! We had to be at the WG for 3pm for the rehearsal and before that we had to drop all our stuff off at Francks! So we ended up sitting in the car in the car park of Perkins putting together the kids favours and activity bags and the place cards for everyone else. My MOH wrote all the names on the buckets for me and my mum was in charge of ribbon for anything and everything that needed it! I love my family so much I really can't see anyone else sitting in the car with me finishing wedding diy projects I probably should of finished days ago!

We got it all done and I packed it away in the box we had to buy specially and then we headed to Frankcs! We were at Perkins at the crossroads so it didn't really take that long to get there but I became a total bridezilla!! Why were so many people trying to cross the road when I had places to be?! People were driving so slow!! Get out of my way!!!

We arrived at Francks on time and I got to meet Carol for the first time!! We hugged...only appropriate when she's been planning my wedding for a year and putting up with all my emails and changes!

I was only there a few minutes as we needed to get back to the WG for the rehearsal. Carol said she'd meet us there and off we went. We got to the BC at 2:55pm. My MOH and I and the kids headed through the lobby whilst mum sorted out the car and got her EMV out. Everyone else was already there and had been for a while, so, being the bride on a mission that I was, I (briskly) gathered everyone together and headed for the WG.

Our photographer was snapping away. I hadn't realised he was going to take pictures at the rehearsal and it took a bit of getting used to but I'm glad he did as it's nice to have the pictures to remember it all.

It was great meeting Rev.Jack too...he was so perfect for us and I'm so glad we picked him! He was funny and really put everyone at ease! We practiced a few times and by the end we were good to go!

I gave Carol her present at the rehearsal and she loved it! We had a chat about the Royal wedding too...everyone in the US is so excited about it...it makes me laugh...everyone back home is just happy to be getting a day off work for it!

Here's the WG set up for the rehearsal

After the rehearsal we all headed back to our hotels/villas. When we got back to our villa I had a swim with my neice and I must say, she is so funny She wanted to play doctors and nurses...I had to be her patient...I told her my arm hurt, she looked at it and said 'there's nothing wrong with it!' She'll make a great doctor one day! We also had to pretend to be firemen and put fires out and the lilo was our firetruck and then we had to pretend to go to Mcdonalds! Great fun

DH, Mum, Dad and I went to dinner at Bahama Breeze that evening and met DHs mum and brothers there. It was so busy and we had to wait 1 hour to get a table but luckily we got some seats and a drink from the bar so it wasn't all bad! It was a good night and I got very drunk! Our waiter, Bill, was great, and as I couldn't decide what I wanted to drink he bought me all his favourites! I can't tell you what I drank but I loved them all!!

This can't be too many drinks in as I'm still looking at the menu but I'm looking a little bit tipsy!

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-18-2013 at 02:29 PM.
KitKat5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #332
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

What a panic about the favours etc!! I would have been beside myself!!!
It looks like you are having so much fun in those pictures!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #333
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if I commented on your pj at all before or not, but it is crazy how fast your day is over, isn't it? I am sorry to hear about all of the drama at David's but I am glad that it all worked out in the end for you! The pictures so far look great! I agree with what you said about having all of your events and guests at the one hotel, it definitely makes things easier. Looking forward to more!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #334
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Yeah I'm really glad I didn't do favours... No one noticed...
Old 04-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #335
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
What a panic about the favours etc!! I would have been beside myself!!!
It looks like you are having so much fun in those pictures!!
I think I would of had a major meltdown if it hadn't been for my mum and sister! They were total stars!! I did learn a lesson though and I've nearly finished the favours for our at home reception on May 7th!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I'm not sure if I commented on your pj at all before or not, but it is crazy how fast your day is over, isn't it? I am sorry to hear about all of the drama at David's but I am glad that it all worked out in the end for you! The pictures so far look great! I agree with what you said about having all of your events and guests at the one hotel, it definitely makes things easier. Looking forward to more!
It really is!! It just flew by! But I have some amazing memories of it all!

Davids was a drama and there was plenty more before it all got sorted but the manager was amazing throughout!

I love my pictures...I can't wait to get the rest so I can upload more!!

Having everyone at the BC was so perfect...although we were spread out between floors 1 and 5 we all knew where eachother were and it was nice for the kids to be near eachother too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
Yeah I'm really glad I didn't do favours... No one noticed...
It was my bridezilla moment...after I thought maybe it had been a waste but most people bought the buckets home and have them on windowsills in their kitchens so they are getting lots of use out of them...and all the kids loved the sweets...there still eating them now!!

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-18-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #336
BecBennett

That's so good that they're getting used! The reason I decided not to do them was because I've been to so many weddings where they get left behind on the tables.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #337
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Day 4 - Tea Party

I was so excited for the tea party to arrive! I'd been plannng it nearly as long as the actual wedding so was just so excited to see it all together!

I still hadn't decided what to do with my hair, I had the fascinator but I wanted my hair up but couldn't decide anything else. Thank goodness for big sisters as she ended up doing a fishtail plait for me...got my hair off my face and looked really good with the fascinator...sorry no pics of that!

Our friends Paul & Hayley arrived on time with their girls and we headed off soon after. We had to take 2 cars as there were a few of us so mum drove me and Hayley and her 2 kids and my sister drove her car as she was taking my MIL and friend Jo.

We left about midday as I wanted to make a quick stop at DTD to buy 4 cheshire cats for the activity bags for the kids. DH had said I couldn't buy them so I just figured I'd buy them when he wasn't with me!! We were also originally going to buy the princess dresses for the wedding but didn't feel like we had enough time to be able to buy them and to enjoy it so decided to put that off until another day.

A few minutes into our drive to Disney I got a text from our friend Paul asking me where his wife had put his passport...in her hadbag of course...which was in the car with us!! We turned around and went back to the villa so we could drop it off for him...as it turned out he didn't even need it as no one got ID'd while they were out!

Back on the road and it didn't take long to get to Disney. I went into World of Disney, with everyone staring at me, I guess I did look quite dressed up for a spot of shopping in DTD!

After I got the cats we drove to Westside which is where we were picking up my MIL and Jo. For some reason my MIL said her taxi wouldnt take her to DTD and Planet Hollywood was the closest he could drop her? I'm not sure how true that was, it didn't make any sense. We all agreed it was really odd but whatever! That's where we agreed to meet them. They were supposed to meet us there at 1pm so at 12:55 I walked over to Planet Hollywood and waited outside for them. At 1pm I got a text from my BIL telling me they had only just left!! They were staying on the I-drive so this really bugged me! I can't stand lateness!! I waited 20 minutes for them to arrive too which was annoying. It was hot out and there was no shade. When they did finally arrive we headed over to the Grand Floridian, parked up outside the convention centre and headed inside. I'd never been there before but it was easy to find the Whitehall Patio.

When we reached the patio I headed out of the doors and was totally blown away by how amazing it all looked!! Warren did such an amazing job! We all just stood there staring at it all!!

Before everyone sat down I put the kids activity bags on the table and just as I was placing the last one a big gust of wind came along and blew the lanterns over nearly knocking me out!! Everyone panicked but after they had been moved to a safer place we all just laughed about it...I moved just in the nick of time so it was all ok. Can you imagine having a black eye on your wedding day or some other equally unattractive injury?!

Carol was there and took me around to show me everything and then we dug in!! I was starving by this point but the food was delicious and worth waiting for! Disney really do think about everything dont they? The sandwiches were shaped like hearts and circles and all had little flowers on top...they looked so cute! One thing I didn't realise was that they would keep topping it all up! We finished a plate of cakes and sandwiches and they just bought out more!! It was never ending!! I wish I'd taken a doggy bag to fill up for the boys! Not that they would of appreciated the prettiness of it all but I'm sure they would of loved the taste!

This is the table after the lanterns fell over (you can see they are all caught up)

Our cakes...they were AMAZING! One of the most delicious cakes I've ever had!

The kids cupcakes

Drinks

We played some games with the kids and I guess Katie, who's 2, is a little too young for pass the parcel as she just did not want to pass it round! We'd planned it all so all of the kids had a prize but Katie still got upset when she couldn't have more than one!

The 2 older girls who are 4 and 5 pretty much entertained themselves. They played hide and seek and asked me to find them. I found my niece quite quickly as she's not too great at it but I couldn't find Charlie. Laura told me she was under the cake table so I 'find' her and she got very annoyed!! Laura asked to play again but Charlie was having none of it and declared 'I'm not playing again if you're going to keep telling people where I'm hiding!' Needless to say they didn't play hide and seek again!

My nephew Stevie LOVED his cupcake, so much so that he got in a right mess with it!!

This is me and the little man

The view of the castle...the girls were very excited!

It was all over pretty quickly and we hadn't eaten everything so we packed up what we could and took it home! The way I see it is, I paid for it, I'm not leaving it there for anyone else!!

My sister was taking Jo and my MIL back to their hotels on the I-drive and she told us she knew where she was going but she got lost and it tooks her ages to get home! We all felt really bad for her especially as she had the kids with her too! By the time she got home we had all been in the pool at least an hour! My sister is a total angel though and she didn't complain...well, only once to say that she wasn't thanked by MIL for going so far out of her way. That's a bit rude as far as I'm concerned but ho hum. What can you do?! Beat a thank you out of her? Probably slightly inappropriate!

We ordered takeaway for dinner, I had a yummy sandwich from beef o'bradys and the others had Chinese. We sat up for a while chatting but to be honest we were all so tired that by 9:30pm my mum and sister had gone to bed! I told Hayley I'd help get the sofa bed set up for her and her husband only for us to realise it wasn't a sofa bed!! Luckily she didn't seem to mind having to sleep on the sofa!

We hadn't heard from the boys and had no idea what time they'd be home or what state they'd be in but I decided I wasn't going to worry about it...I'd just see them in the morning!

More on that to come later!!

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-18-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #338
brer rabbit 28
Dude, you were like, 'Whoa!' and then we were like 'WHOA!' and then you were like 'Whoa.'

Really enjoying your tr. You had such an amazing time . I had to giggle at your Bridezilla meltdown in the traffic on the way to meet your planner, I can just see myself doing the same thing!

Can't wait for more updates.

Claire and Chris' wedding planning journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2509001
brer rabbit 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #339
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brer rabbit 28 View Post
Really enjoying your tr. You had such an amazing time . I had to giggle at your Bridezilla meltdown in the traffic on the way to meet your planner, I can just see myself doing the same thing!

Can't wait for more updates.
It was my worst moment I must say! I really did lose the plot!

Old 04-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #340
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Wow Kat your teaparty looks amazing!! You look so sweet in your dress!! The miniature cakes and the kids' cupcakes look so yummy!!
Looking forward to reading all about the big day itself!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #341
BecBennett

Everything looked so good!! I wish I could have afforded a bridal tea. Mum and I were supposed to go to afternoon tea at the GF, but I totally forgot about it
Old 04-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #342
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Wow Kat your teaparty looks amazing!! You look so sweet in your dress!! The miniature cakes and the kids' cupcakes look so yummy!!
Looking forward to reading all about the big day itself!!!
Thank you! I love my dress! I need another reason to wear it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
Everything looked so good!! I wish I could have afforded a bridal tea. Mum and I were supposed to go to afternoon tea at the GF, but I totally forgot about it
Time just runs away with you though doesn't it?! There was so much I had planned on doing that I just ran out of time for!

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-18-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #343
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Day 5 & 6

I made a point of writing down things every day that we had done but it looks like I forgot to write anything down for day 5 so I'll combine days 5 and 6!

Day 5 was my shopping day without DH! As the boys had been at Hooters the night before we knew they'd be in no fit state to actually do anything so my friend Hayley and I went shopping at the Millenia Mall...it's like heaven there! I love it!

My mum and sister dropped us off at opening time and went off to shop at Target (they love their bargains!) and Hayley and I headed inside! We didn't have all day so we got to it! The only thing I wanted to get was a pair of Dior sunglasses but imagine my surprise when I found out there was no longer a Dior store there!! Needless to say I was not impressed! We checked out the other stores but I just wasn't loving any of them! We wandered past the sunglass hut and I decided to go in and have a look. I found a pair of Gucci sunglasses that I loved! They were a little bit more pricey than I had planned on paying but DH had said I could buy new sunglasses and he hadn't given me a price limit so I bought them!! I also got a tank top from Ed Hardy and tried on a fab swimming costume that was unfortunately not long enough Hayley did well too and got herself a few new bits too! She was eyeing up a juicy bag but didn't buy it (I would like to add it only took a few days before her hubby took her back and bought it for her! )

Once we were all shopped out we headed to Perkins (again) for lunch and Hayley surprised us by treating us which was lovley. Then we headed to DTD to meet up with the guys and the kids and buy their princess dresses! Just a little side note here...Paul & Hayley's girls are quite often dressed the same and Paul had had to dress them himself this morning due to our shopping trip, so you can imagine the fun we had teasing him when we quickly discovered that the girls were wearing each others clothes! Katie is a little dot so I don't know how he didn't realise her clothes were huge?! Men! They never pay enough attention! But back to princess dress shopping! I'd been looking foward to it for ages!! We headed inside to all the pretty dresses and told the girls to pick whichever dress they wanted. It wasn't a surprise as we had told them they would be dressed as the princess of their choice and they had originally chosen to be Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Belle but they ended up picking Tiana, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. It must be so nice to be a child...the hardest decision for Charlie was to decide if she wanted the gloves and bag or the tiara (when we told her she could have both her little face lit up!) It was really fun and the girls were all excited to get their dresses! After that we headed home to chill by the pool...I so miss that pool!

That evening the last of the guests arrived...my uncle and his GF. I love my uncle...he is the best! They arrived in their mustang (oh my was DH jealous!!) We had a really nice evening together, just chilling and catching up and making sure we had everything packed for our move to the BCV the next day!!

Speaking of the next day...this is DH and my Uncle Colin by the car after loading it up!

When we woke up on the 7th we decided to head out for breakfast. Not Perkins this time you'll be surprised to hear but Denny's. We don't eat there often but I really enjoyed it! After Dennys we hit up Walmart. My uncle is a manager at his local Asda and was keen to head to Wal Mart to compare...needless to say I think Wal Mart is WAY better than Asda!! We ended up buying loads more than planned (isn't that always the way?!) and once we were sufficiently broke we headed back to the villa to load up the cars!

I still feel all excited when I think about this day! The day before our wedding!!!! It feels like so long ago now and I guess, to be fair, it was over a month ago now!

Here's DH loading up our car

When we were ready we headed off alone (we were pros by this point at getting around on our own!)

We made a quick stop at DTD to buy some Mickey Mouse pants for DH to wear for the wedding and then jumped back in the car and headed over to the BCV.

On our way I got a call from DHs brother who was quite obviously trying to get us to go and pick them up without coming right out and asking us. I wasn't prepared to do it though. I knew they could get a cab and it wasn't that pricey...I didn't want to spend my day running around picking people up. Actually, I wouldn't of had to pick anyone up...I'd of had to stay at the BC, alone, while DH went to pick them up as we wouldn't of all been able to fit in the car otherwise. I'm not sure they were too happy about it but I didn't feel like it was our responsibilty to drive them around. When it came down to it, everyone had had 3 years to plan how they were going to get from a to b. They got a cab in the end.

We valet parked the car and left all the luggage with bell services. I kept all the welcome bags with me and we went over to check in. The woman checking us in was really nice. She was super helpful and gave us everyones room numbers, told us who had already checked in and took all the welcome bags and arranged delivery to all the rooms for us which was great! We headed to the pool soon after and I went for a swim with my family and DH went off to write his speech! Yes I know, nothing like leaving it till the last minute! I'd been bugging him for months to write it and he left it until the day before the wedding! That's my hubby for you though!! A total procrastinator

We had a great time by the pool and got to see the lifeguard dance too. I accidentally dunked my neice in the pool too...I didn't mean to I swear...it just happened!

We got given our room at nearly 4pm and were given room 141. I wasn't happy as it was on the ground floor but a rooms a room and it's not as if I requested a room higher up. When we got there our key didn't work and we had to walk back to reception only to find out that they had given us the wrong room! When DH went to see if it was ready he gave them his surname instead of mine so they sent us to his mums room! We were actually in room 558 and I was much happier this time! We went up to our room and bell services bought our luggage up, minus 1 cane. DH sent them back down to find the missing cane and they bought it back up 10 minutes later. Crisis averted!

Here's the view from our balcony

Here's our door hanger on the door!

We freshened up and went back to the lobby to meet my family for my last family meal as a Schwartz.

On our way back we stopped to get our picture taken with Ariel (its tradition!)

My mum and dad weren't there and DH needed some socks as he left his wedding socks back at the villa so we went into the shop with my neice. After her dunking this afternoon I felt really bad so told her I'd buy her something in the shop to make up for it...but not when DH was there as he'd tell me off!! We wandered round and she picked up all sorts of things and ooh'd and ahh'd over them. DH came over to meet us just at the moment that Laura picked up some Minnie Mouse princess ears and announced 'I have always wanted these!!' She cracks me up! She hasn't always wanted them at all...infact this was probably the first time she had ever seen them but she's so cute...even DH couldn't say no. So we got them for her. Yes, we're suckers!

After our trip around the shop we went back out to the lobby to meet up with my family. We all said goodbye to DH as this was the last time I'd see him before walking down the aisle! He headed to the bar and we all went to Tony Romas!

My uncles GF was very generous and gave up her seat so I could ride in the front of the mustang.

Tony Romas was really busy so they had to sit us at 2 tables which was a bit rubbish but it was either that or go somewhere else. I drank too much and got too much sun during the day so by the time we left I wasn't feeing too great. I headed straight to my room to wait for my sister as she was staying with me that night. My BIL headed to the bar to have a drink with everyone so my sister sat in her room and I sat in my room...alone. It was nearly 11pm when he finally went back to the room. I really wasn't feeling great so we didn't stay up late. It wasn't the evening I had thought we'd have but it was nice and I'm so glad she came to spend the night with me.

Here's a picture of my uncle and his GF, our photographer and my BIL in the bar

Up next...the wedding day!!!!!!

Last edited by KitKat5; 04-18-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #344
brer rabbit 28
Dude, you were like, 'Whoa!' and then we were like 'WHOA!' and then you were like 'Whoa.'

Fab update. Kepp 'em coming please

Claire and Chris' wedding planning journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2509001
brer rabbit 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:00 PM   #345
BecBennett

Isn't it funny that we're up to the same part of our TR's?? OK, maybe not that funny, but I like obscure coincidences...

I'm not posting the wedding day until I get the rest of my professional pics, however I'm hoping that will be today...

Can't wait to read all about your wedding day! It feels so strange that all of this was going on while I was there too, and I don't know about you, but it seriously felt like I was the only wedding going on the whole time we were there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: