Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #31
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Honeymoon update

Originally DF and I had agreed that we were going to honeymoon at WDW. Stay there a week after our wedding. So today I was talking to one of my co-workers who is going on a cruise and was sounding so excited about it. It got me thinking that I would really like to go on the Disney cruise. I had brought this up earlier on and DF wasn't to sold on it because he didn't want to be surrounded by a lot of kids on our cruise. So I looked into it more today and found out about all the adult only aspects of it. I presented it to my DF along with the brochure portion that talks about adult only experiences .. and he agreed!!! I'm soo excited. So we are going to spend a few days after our wedding at WDW and than we are planning on going on the DCL. Yey!! I can't wait to book it. I just want to wait to sign the LOA and make it official before I start booking honeymoon stuff. So that's my update for now. I'm currently in countdown mode to sign my LOA. I can't wait!
FutureMrs.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #32
lea007
Mouseketeer

Congratulations to you both. Love the dress i looked at this too, is it a dimetrios dress?

We too have just booked Randy - i must say he is on the ball on and seems lovely in his emails.
lea007 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2010, 05:11 PM   #33
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lea007 View Post
Congratulations to you both. Love the dress i looked at this too, is it a dimetrios dress?

We too have just booked Randy - i must say he is on the ball on and seems lovely in his emails.
Thank you. Yes it is. That line has such nice dresses but that was luv at first try. hehe As far as Randy just from the conversations I've had with him and his follow ups I'm happy with my choice. I can't wait to go down in May for our engagement pics!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #34
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Mrs B we are Cruising on our honeymoon too we are doing the Western Caribbean on the 12th November! Exciting Have you decided which cruise you will be doing yet?
Disneyland Disneyland January 2002,Disneyland January 2006, Disneyland January 2009 , Disneyland February 2010. Disneyland, Walt Disney World & Disney Western Caribbean Cruise November, December 2011 & January 2012 our 9 Week trip.
mareeld86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #35
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Oh that's so cool! We haven't decided yet. As of now it looks like the 4 night Bahamas cruise, but we wanted one that was a little longer. However we have to figure out with our work schedule if we can take time to do that. Keeping fingers crossed for the longer one.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:49 PM   #36
Belle2Be
Peace, Love and Disney

Just starting to read your PJ! Love your engagement story, how sweet!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:54 PM   #37
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2Be View Post
Just starting to read your PJ! Love your engagement story, how sweet!!!
Thanks! I appreciate you reading.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:07 PM   #38
PixieDust1969
Happily Married on Castaway Cay!

Location: In Florida, very close to WDW- about a 15 minute drive!

Your dress is gorgeous! I love all of the shoes but I think I like the 2nd ones best! You cannot go wrong on a Disney cruise. You can see kids as little or as much as you want. They do a great job catering to the adults on board as well.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #39
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Thank you! I think I'm going with the 2nd pair myself. I'm waiting for my next pay check to order them. That's good to hear about the cruise. It's not that we mind kids but we also want more of a romantic honeymoon feel than a family environment. I'm excited it'll be our first cruise!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #40
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Save the Dates

Ok so I've been home sick all day. I've spent most of the day looking for save the dates and wedding invitations. I've found a few wedding invitations that I've liked but they don't have the matching save the dates. Then I had an idea I went on the Disney Photo Pass website and started making a save the dates using their photo cards that you can order. I thought it came out nice. Does anyone know if I could have either labels or have just the envelopes printed somewhere? Also what do you guys think of it as a save the date? Here's a pic of 2 that I did. Which one do you like better? [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] Sorry it looks weird. I had to take a screen shot of it and than paste it onto a word document.

Last edited by FutureMrs.B; 10-05-2010 at 08:48 PM. Reason: add a pic
Old 10-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #41
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Oooooh! I like the first one!

The castle and the flowery-color scheme make it very romantic.
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • UPCOMING: May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #42
PixieDust1969
Happily Married on Castaway Cay!

Location: In Florida, very close to WDW- about a 15 minute drive!

Great job on the Save the Dates! I like both of them...I think it depends on what you want. The first one is more elegant, the second more fun and partyish. You cannot go wrong with either one.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #43
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Hey ladies thank you for responding. I'm torn. I like them both. However DF prefers the 2nd one. Which is weird because he doesn't really want too much Disney stuff at the wedding. Originally I was doing like a Cinderella type theme but I started noticing he wasn't to enthused about it. So now I think I might keep it more classic with a few hidden Mickey's here and there. It's his wedding too and I want him to be happy. I think he's ok with a few Disney touches but just not so much the cartoons. Oh well that's it for now.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #44
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

DO THE CRUISE!!! I am a Disney Cruise Bride (or atleast I was 2 years ago...LOL) and The cruise is magical and there are whole days you can go without ever seeing a child! LOL I have been on 7 Disney Cruises and love them more and more each time I go! We had over 30 people come to our wedding and since I am a Travel Agent I booked all of their trips. It was added stress for sure, but I wouldn't have had it any other way, I needed to make sure everyone loved it. We had alot of couples without kids (only 4 kids came) and they all adored the cruise! PM me if you have ANY questions at all!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #45
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Slight problem

Hi everyone a lil update. I'm a lil concerned at the moment. I just recently realized that my DF doesn't have his birth certificate. It started when we decided to go on DCL for our honeymoon. Just recently I was reading about the requirements for him to get his passport and that's when I discovered it. The real problem is that DF doesn't have any family. His only family were his grandparents which have since passed. To make matters worse he doesn't have his mother's maiden name. I called our lovely state of NJ and they will not give him a copy of his birth certificate without his mother's maiden name and there's no way to get it. Idk wat to do. It's not so much even about the cruise but don't you need a copy of your birth certificate to get married!? So needless to say i've been stressing and not sure where to go from here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: