Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Marily & Bryan's Fairytale 11/1/11 @WP *Update* 12/25

Hi everyone! I've been reading some of your PJ's so I think it's time for me to start my own. I will hopefully be adding some pictures on in a few days to make it a little bit more exciting.

Bry and I have been dating for a little over 5 years. We have been through our ups and downs but have always come out stronger in the end. He is truly my best friend and I feel so lucky to be with him.

This past July we went to Disney for our vacation. Disneyworld is my favorite place on earth. I have gone there pretty much every year since I was like 3. On July 19, 2010 Bry and I went to Magic Kingdom. We got there first thing in the morning and when I asked where he wanted to go first he said we could start with checking out the castle. Now I luv to take pics so as we are standing in front of the castle he points out that taking a picture of Main St. from the castle would make a nice picture. I turned around and started snapping away. When I turned around there he was on one knee proposing! I was absolutely speechless and elated.

He knew how special Disney has always been to me and he made my dream come true. As a little girl I had always daydreamed of getting proposed to at Magic Kingdom and than getting married in Disney. Now here I am years later and my dreams are coming true!!! After he proposed I tested the waters and asked..well what would you say about having a Disney Wedding? To my surprise he said it wouldn't be any other way. I really do have a wonderful DF. I'm a lucky girl!

Last edited by FutureMrs.B; 12-25-2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: adding pics
FutureMrs.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
geek+nerd
DIS Veteran

That's so sweet that you got your dream proposal!

Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

1987 Off-property; 2008 Off-property; June 2011 DFTW!!! POR & Off-property; December 2011 POP; June 2012 POP; June 2013 POP; December 2013 AoA
geek+nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
goofyfordisney16
Mouseketeer

congrats!

can't wait to hear more!!!

My DFTW PJhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2542026
goofyfordisney16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Update

Hi again! I was able to add some pics. My planning has started. As of now we have a tentative date for November 1, 2011 at the Wedding Pavilion! Unfortunately we have to wait 2 more months to make anything official. At first we kept going back and forth btw an escape or wishes package. As of now it looks like we are doing wishes. When we did the math for the escape with the upgrades we wanted the difference in cost wasn't that much. We are also thinking of doing a DP. yey

One thing that I do definitely have is my wedding dress. My mom and I went dress shopping and the 2nd I tried it on I fell in luv. I can't wait to wear it! Here's a pic from their website.

I'm also in the process of finding a photographer down there. I've contacted Randy Chapman. What has anyone's experience with him been like? I tried contacting some of the other people that have been recommended on these boards but no one has gotten back to me. Anyways..that's it for now.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #5
Sccrmnky2005
Already Earned My Ears ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrs.B View Post
Hi again! I was able to add some pics. My planning has started. As of now we have a tentative date for November 1, 2011 at the Wedding Pavilion! Unfortunately we have to wait 2 more months to make anything official. At first we kept going back and forth btw an escape or wishes package. As of now it looks like we are doing wishes. When we did the math for the escape with the upgrades we wanted the difference in cost wasn't that much. We are also thinking of doing a DP. yey

One thing that I do definitely have is my wedding dress. My mom and I went dress shopping and the 2nd I tried it on I fell in luv. I can't wait to wear it! Here's a pic from their website.

I'm also in the process of finding a photographer down there. I've contacted Randy Chapman. What has anyone's experience with him been like? I tried contacting some of the other people that have been recommended on these boards but no one has gotten back to me. Anyways..that's it for now.
LOVE THE DRESS and I love your story!!!

I would also reccommend you contacting David and Vicki Arndt Photography they do amazing job. If you go to their FaceBook page you can see updated pictures. If you have anymore questions about them please PM me. We've had experience with them twice this year one for our enagament pictures and the other for our friends wedding in Sarasota. Our next upcoming meeting with them will be for my DF's family Portrait in dec.

Can't wait to hear more plans!!!
3/7/2010- 4 night Disney Wonder, Engagement Suprise
1/21/2011- 2 Night Disney Dream Preview Cruise
TRIP REPORT
6/23/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy- Western, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise
6/30/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy-Eastern, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise

Wedding PJ & TR
Sccrmnky2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccrmnky2005 View Post
LOVE THE DRESS and I love your story!!!

I would also reccommend you contacting David and Vicki Arndt Photography they do amazing job. If you go to their FaceBook page you can see updated pictures. If you have anymore questions about them please PM me. We've had experience with them twice this year one for our enagament pictures and the other for our friends wedding in Sarasota. Our next upcoming meeting with them will be for my DF's family Portrait in dec.

Can't wait to hear more plans!!!
I tried contacting them because I've heard good things but unfortunately they haven't gotten back to me. I'm assuming they're busy.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #7
Sccrmnky2005
Already Earned My Ears ;)

Quote:
I tried contacting them because I've heard good things but unfortunately they haven't gotten back to me. I'm assuming they're busy.
They might be out shooting but they are very good about contacting you within 1-2 business days if not less through email. Also go on FaceBook and message them there if you want

I love them because I get two photographers doing teo different types of shots!! They both balance each other out very well and will make you feel so comfortable!
3/7/2010- 4 night Disney Wonder, Engagement Suprise
1/21/2011- 2 Night Disney Dream Preview Cruise
TRIP REPORT
6/23/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy- Western, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise
6/30/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy-Eastern, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise

Wedding PJ & TR
Sccrmnky2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Congrats and LOVE Your engagement story!

That dress is gorgeous and I'm sure it will be even prettier on

We are going with Randy Chapman for our photos, he was great on our engagement photos and so much fun to work with. And his prices are incredibly reasonable. I would highly recommend him!
DisneyDiva84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #9
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiva84 View Post
Congrats and LOVE Your engagement story!

That dress is gorgeous and I'm sure it will be even prettier on

We are going with Randy Chapman for our photos, he was great on our engagement photos and so much fun to work with. And his prices are incredibly reasonable. I would highly recommend him!
Thank you. Luv ur PJ..You must be so excited as it's getting so close! I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with Randy. And you're right so far what he's sent me seems very reasonable in comparison to some of the other photographers.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #10
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Congratulations and welcome!! I love the dress, it is so beautiful and definitely fit for a disney wedding!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #11
April Elizabeth
Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm joining in. I love your engagement story. It's so romantic!

I know I should start a PJ soon, but I enjoy reading a lot more than I like writing. I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with it.

Your dress is so pretty and princessy. I love it! Like Amanda, I'm using David and Vicki Arndt. I have them booked for my wedding and e-pics. If you want their phone number I'll be happy to PM you. I met a lot of the local photographers in person and was fortunate to be able to look at their work enlarged and look at wedding albums. There are a lot of good photographers in Orlando, but for me the choice was easy.

Can't wait to read more!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #12
rachy
Mouseketeer

Beautiful dress! Looking forward to reading the rest of your plans x

rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #13
HollyMarie2012
Ears are earned :)

Quote:

Congratulations!!! Your dress is beautiful
HollyMarie2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #14
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Beautiful dress!!
We will also be using Randy in May. I feel like he has become a friend I made via e-mail and he has accepted our invitation to attend our reception as our guest. He seems such a sweetie and i am thrilled he will join us for dinner!!!
I can't wait to meet him. His work is amazing!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #15
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Mini update.

That's awesome I'm glad to hear that someone else has had a good experience with him. I did contact David & Vicki they seemed very nice. However compared to the package that I will be hopefully booking soon with Randy it was a bit pricey. The package with Randy also includes videography. I'm just waiting on the videographer to get back to me so that I can book them.

I've also decided on my colors...I think..hehe Since it's going to be a fall wedding I'm thinking of going with a nice apple red and a burnt orange (my DF fav color.) However I saw this beautiful navy blue. I would love to hear from you guys if you think there's anyway of me incorporating it or if it would look 2 weird or outta place.

Also I think I found dresses for my bridesmaids. Well there are only going to be 2 of them..my sis (MOH) and my best friend (bridesmaid)

They were thinking either the halter or the strapless tea length one. So we are going to see how an apple red dress with a burnt orange sash or in davids bridal terms it's cognac. I was than thinking that my mother's dress could be the cognac color. So that's as far as I've gotten.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: