Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #16
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

webcast or pontoon ?

I have been reworking our ADR's for the last few hours , now that we have everyone's travel schedual , we booked our first groups welcome dinner at Ohana's, thought that would be fun for a group , the second night is the real welcome dinner , the whole group will be there , we booked Ranglan Road , maybe the girls and boys will split up at that point for our bachler/ette nights.
after the wedding we will have a reception brunch at Ohana's best friend breakfast (tried for Kona , but they we're all booked) , and we booked a goodbye breakfast for everyone at Boma.
I am still wondering what a good solution would be to be able to have our guests look in on the ceremony , today , my sister came up with renting pontoon boats from the poly and hover near the reception site , although I am not sure if this is possible , or the live webcast , but where can the guests sit at the Poly with a laptop ?
WLV-jan 2nd,2010 , AKL july 2011 , ASMo2012 , AKV 2012 , july 2013 Universal/SW/DC
stitchaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #17
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

we upgraded to an escape !!!!!!!!!

Well all the problems are solved , no pontoons , no webcasts , we just upgraded to an escape package at seabreeze point , I am so releived that I won't have to be choosy about the ceremony guests , I am so happy that we will be surrounded by our closest family and friends ! The contract will be signed next week
I wonder if we should dress more traditionally now that it is a boardwalk wedding ? maybe the khakis and linen shirt don't fit the venue...
WLV-jan 2nd,2010 , AKL july 2011 , ASMo2012 , AKV 2012 , july 2013 Universal/SW/DC
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #18
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Woohoo!! Congrats!!
And I say, wear what you guys are comfortable in! Whatever fits your personalities
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #19
elle1024
Mouseketeer

Hi there! Just joining in.
Contracts on the upgrade! Cant wait to read more!

[CENTER]Gisselle & Jose & our little Dylan
elle1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #20
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

So the contract is signed , the deposit has been put down , and we are now awaiting our new escape planning guide , I am super excited to be able to have everyone around us at the wedding , we are coming up with idea's slowly , but with our departing date only 100 days away, we still have many things to do !!
We asked our attendants today to be a part of our wedding, and they all said yes, so now we have to pick colors and get everything in motion.
yesterday we picked up DF's ring , it came out looking great , I will post some pics soon , promise
We have decided that DD will be my MOH , and DS will be the best man ,we will have a little ceremony withen our marriage ceremony to bond us all as a new family union, and we are trying to come up with something to give the kids at that ceremony , I have seen medalions online, but i'm not a big fan of those, I would like to find something else, any ideas would be appreciated .
My sister and my best friend will be my bridesmaids , and DF'd brother and 2 stepbrothers will be the groomsmen , my bestie's daughter Racheal will be the flower girl , I am not sure of my colors yet , nor have I picked a dress ,I am so nervous about this part .
the guys are going to wear black tuxes, and everyone in the bridal party will be wearing chuckie taylor converse , my mom is so cute, she found some gold leather ones online that she wants to get (she never wore chuckies in her life!)
I have made duotangs all decked out in Disneyana to hold itineraries, park calendars and general disney info and numbers ,I am going to fill them of interesting actvities, hidden mickeys ect....
Old 04-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #21
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

Old 04-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #22
donald&daisy
DIS Veteran

How exciting that you got to upgrade to an Escape!!! Yay!!!
Offsite Spring Break '05 Offsite Spring Break '06 POR Chistmas '06 Pop/ASMU/OKW Summer '07 CBR Summer '08 Royal Pacific & AKL October 2010 Beach Club Villas November 2011 DFTW-Beach Club & Boardwalk April 2012!

My DFTW Planning Journal
donald&daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #23
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

It's been long enough , time for an update ! So I received my planning kit from my old/new wedding co-ordinator , we got the same planner , Vita .
My best friend and BM came to town to see me in the nick of time , my overwhelmed panicked I dunnos were coming out of me non stop.
So far we have decided on a Boma welcome/meet and greet dinner , and nothing else , I am calling and e-mailing and pulling my hair out trying to find a brunch menu for after our reception , without going through Disney catering as we just cannot meet the 7500 minimum that would require.
We (DSis ,DM , and DBF ,flower girl and MOH (my daughter) will be dress shopping on Saturday , I decided , definitly , without a dought that our wedding party will all wear converse (chuckies) for footwear , it is quirky , like us , the men will wear black dress pants with a shirt to match the bridesmaids.
I picked the silver mickey delight cake , marble with chocolate mousse , I picked the tussy mussy bouquet in white (stephanotis ), and white rose corsages and boutonieres.
for music , we picked " i'm yours " by Jason M'raz for the bridesmaids march , you are so beautiful for the bride march , i'll be there , jackson 5 for the unity ceremony (family unity) , and hawaiin roller coaster ride for the recessional
We still have to decide wether to hire Randy for extra photography , and I have hired Patricia Lejeune for hair and makeup

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: