Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #2011
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I really wanted to see the Storyteller's statue during the preview and I am hoping that you got to see it during your visit. I do admit that we should ride RSR as many times as possible. But we also wanted to enjoy the rest of the rides, quick counter restaurants, & stores during the preview.
As I was uploading the pictures, I realized it was the second day Crap took our camera to the RSR fastpass line, not the first one. I did get pictures of the statue the first morning. I walked around BVS while he was in the 55 minute fastpass line. We never went inside any stores though. I also got enough newspapers for the lunch guests and took them to guest services to have them stamped. I forgot to hand them out though, so I will need to do that later. I think riding RSR 5 times is awesome. We only rode RSR twice (Ramone's both times). We never rode it from the standby line, so thanks for sharing pictures of the queue. Riding 5 times is probably the best you could do with still seeing and doing everything else. I think you did everything perfectly (other than the popcorn line). We ate something from all 5 cones. Our longest wait was about 10 minutes at the ice cream one. I am glad to see that at least that died down a little. Alison had a good point though. The lines probably died down, because the cones sold out on 06-15-12 and are not expected to return until 07-15-12. Those lines will probably get lone again when they do. I want a cone!
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #2012
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
There seems to be so much to see at CL. LFT looks like a lot of fun. It reminds me of a giant air hockey.

Another set of great pictures and I hope that by the time I get to California again, the crowds will have settled down. It would be nice to have 5 - 15 minute wait times.
There is a ton of things to do in CL. Not only the rides, restaurants and stores but also the details of the buildings, light poles, signs, etc. LFT is a fun ride and some people would say that the wait time of over 30 minutes is not worth it. You have to get there early so you won't have to wait in those long lines.

Thank you PiO. We are waiting to hear when you are going back to DL. You will love to see CL & BVS in person. The wait times would be really nice if they were like that all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
As I was uploading the pictures, I realized it was the second day Crap took our camera to the RSR fastpass line, not the first one. I did get pictures of the statue the first morning. I walked around BVS while he was in the 55 minute fastpass line. We never went inside any stores though. I also got enough newspapers for the lunch guests and took them to guest services to have them stamped. I forgot to hand them out though, so I will need to do that later. I think riding RSR 5 times is awesome. We only rode RSR twice (Ramone's both times). We never rode it from the standby line, so thanks for sharing pictures of the queue. Riding 5 times is probably the best you could do with still seeing and doing everything else. I think you did everything perfectly (other than the popcorn line). We ate something from all 5 cones. Our longest wait was about 10 minutes at the ice cream one. I am glad to see that at least that died down a little. Alison had a good point though. The lines probably died down, because the cones sold out on 06-15-12 and are not expected to return until 07-15-12. Those lines will probably get lone again when they do. I want a cone!
Glad to hear that you got a picture of Storyteller's statue during your trip. I was kind of surprise to hear that you didn't go in any of the stores at BVS while you were waiting for Crap when he was getting the FP's.That must been nice to get the newspapers during your trip and say you were there the first month of CL & BVS opened to the public. Glad that you got to ride RSR twice during your visit and it would been nice if you got Luigi's side when you were riding RSR. I'm glad that you did enjoy all the queue pics. We could have rode RSR more then 5 times during those days, but we just wanted to enjoy all of CL instead of just riding on the rides. Everything went well except for the popcorn line and LFT line on the first day which we had to wait 40 minutes. My DA is still getting on me about the long wait just for popcorn at the Cozy Cone. At least the wait time at the Cozy Cone wasn't that long. Glad that you didn't have to wait that long just to get food or drinks. Alison should be right about that the lines went down that the souvenir cups are sold out. If I go back to Anaheim in August this summer, I can pick up a cone for you if you want one.

The next update will be up shortly.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014, Just in Time for Halloween Season in September - September 14 - 16, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on July 26th to 28th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #2013
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 18

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 18

Now back with more from CL during the 6pm to 11pm preview time. The whole day was great and it was close to dinner time while a lot of other guests are at Flo's V8 Cafe for dinner and some people are at the Cozy Cone for snacks. We also had snacks that night after we don't want to wait in the long line at Flo's. So we head on over to the Cozy Cone to get some snacks. At least the lines were not as bad as I thought, but they were a little busy when we got there.

I last left off at Cozy Cone 2 to get a souvenir cup while my DA was in line at Cozy Cone 4 for the pretzel bites.

After I finally got my souvenir cup at Cozy Cone 2, my DA already got the pretzel bites at Cozy Cone 4 and I met up with her right by the line at Cozy Cone 5 on the side.

It was a nice day to relax after we finished with LFT and RSR. Most of the people for the 6pm time was already in CL and some of them were at the restaurants while some rides were still busy. So it was now time to snack on our treats.

Cozy Cone Large Souvenir Cup which had Coke

The Pretzel Bites. They are just like mini pretzel balls which was nice and it also comes with cheese sauce.

I also had to get a picture with me and the souvenir cup.

While we were sitting on a bench right by the Cozy Cone, they had CM's selling souvenir cups and popcorn buckets right by the Cozy Cone 5 line and we had to get the souvenir bucket of Lightning McQueen. The popcorn bucket is so amazing. This would make it easier if I just went to one of the CM's and ask for a souvenir cup so I wouldn't have to wait in that line just to get a souvenir cup.

Popcorn Bucket of Lightning McQueen.

The line for Cozy Cone 5 was still long that day and luckily there were CM's selling the souvenir popcorn bucket and cup so people don't have to wait in that long line.

While we were sitting on the bench, Lightning McQueen appeared

Just after McQueen showed up in RS, Mater is now leaving

After we finished our snack at the Cozy Cone, we just walked around CL until it was 8pm. At 8pm, the lights at CL will light up at night so we just waited until 8pm when the lights are on at night. Just like in the movie Cars, RS was all light up at night and we are looking forward to seeing it and we don't plan on riding any rides until we see CL light up at night. There was so daylight left so we had to see the buildings light up with some daylight. But I really exciting to see RS light up.

While we were waiting, I went around CL to take more pics until it was time for the lightup. It was around 7:45pm while we were walking around.

Nice flowers

We were right by the RS Curios Shop and see the Here It Is sign just like in the movie

It's not time yet for the lightup

Cone fountain at the Cozy Cone

A look at Flo's V8 Cafe

Doc Hudson Ornament valley Mechanical Clinic building

More CL sign right by the Cozy Cone Motel

Sarge's Surplus Hut

While we walked down, we were right by Sarge's Surplus Hut

Across the street from Sarge's Suprlus Hut was Tow Mater's area

Mater's Petting Zoo sign which was a baby tractor.

Tractor Xing sign which means that tractors will cross the street

While we walked right by MJJ, our next picture taking area was Fillmore's Taste-In area. But I will get that later tonight on the next post so stay tune.

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014, Just in Time for Halloween Season in September - September 14 - 16, 2014

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 06-30-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #2014
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Everything went well except for the popcorn line and LFT line on the first day which we had to wait 40 minutes. My DA is still getting on me about the long wait just for popcorn at the Cozy Cone. If I go back to Anaheim in August this summer, I can pick up a cone for you if you want one.
I honestly do not think 40 mintues for LFT is that bad. With the breakdown and our rider swap, we nearly tripled that. The popcorn line stinks, so you will probably hear about that one for a while. It is so nice of you to offer the cone. I may take you up on that. Crap did bring up the citypass today, so I think he may know something I do not. He also said that he wants Connor to see the other parks just like Xander did. We may have to take a few non Disney trips.

We got a Lightning popcorn bucket. It is really neat. The lights came on a few minutes after 8pm the night we were there. As soon as we saw them, we rushed over to the WoC viewing area to get our seats. We got pictures of the mini tractor but the lighting there is a little off with all sun on one side and shading on the other side. We need to try again on our next trip. I also want to ride LFT again. It was the only Cars Land ride I only got to ride once. I like how Lightning and Mater alternate. We saw Mater twice. I hope it is comfortable for the drivers who sit in those things through the character stops, although it is probably more comfortable than say the Pooh costume. Xander really enjoyed seeing them drive around though, so it was a really nice touch.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #2015
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I like the look of that souvenir cup! It looks fantastic. And I'm thinking that we're getting closer to night shots and neons of CL!

It may not be til September 2013 before I get back to Cali.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #2016
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I honestly do not think 40 mintues for LFT is that bad. With the breakdown and our rider swap, we nearly tripled that. The popcorn line stinks, so you will probably hear about that one for a while. It is so nice of you to offer the cone. I may take you up on that. Crap did bring up the citypass today, so I think he may know something I do not. He also said that he wants Connor to see the other parks just like Xander did. We may have to take a few non Disney trips.

We got a Lightning popcorn bucket. It is really neat. The lights came on a few minutes after 8pm the night we were there. As soon as we saw them, we rushed over to the WoC viewing area to get our seats. We got pictures of the mini tractor but the lighting there is a little off with all sun on one side and shading on the other side. We need to try again on our next trip. I also want to ride LFT again. It was the only Cars Land ride I only got to ride once. I like how Lightning and Mater alternate. We saw Mater twice. I hope it is comfortable for the drivers who sit in those things through the character stops, although it is probably more comfortable than say the Pooh costume. Xander really enjoyed seeing them drive around though, so it was a really nice touch.
You are right Kim that 40 minutes is not that long. Maybe just because we were at the preview and the line wasn't moving really fast and it felt like we were in line for a long time. We just didn't wanted to spend a quarter of our time at the preview waiting for one ride. Every minute at CL during the preview was important. No question that I will hear about the popcorn line for a long time. Maybe I need to avoid Cozy Cone 5 line with my DA so she won't be nagging me about it. When I go back to the DLR in August or later on in the future, just PM me and I can get you the cone at CL. It's a good idea to go to other parks when you go back to SoCal. Not only the DLR, you got Universal Studios & Sea World. I haven't been to those parks in ages, but I just like going to the DLR whenever I go to SoCal.

Nice to hear that you got the Lightning McQueen bucket during your trip. I just love looking at it at home. My DA also bought one and she uses it as a candy bucket at work. Glad that you were in CL when the lights came on after 8pm. If you saw the movie and it was just like the same thing. I am now thinking of being in CL for every time at night to see RS light up at night and hear "Life Could be Dream". At least you head on over to PP for WoC that night. How was your view of WoC that night and did you get to enjoy the show? I'm sorry to hear about the mini tractor picture not turning out great. Hopefully you will get a good one when you go back. LFT is a nice ride and it was fun. It is neat that Mater and McQueen alternate in front of the Cozy Cone Motel. I would say that it is not comfortable for the drivers in McQueen and Mater since being in those vehicles without AC is very hot.

Quote:
I like the look of that souvenir cup! It looks fantastic. And I'm thinking that we're getting closer to night shots and neons of CL!

It may not be til September 2013 before I get back to Cali.
The souvenir cone cup is very nice. I bought three cups during the preview and they look good on my fireplace with some other Disney memorabilia's. We're almost getting closer to the nighttime pictures of CL. So stay tune tonight and they might be on the next post.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #2017
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 19

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 19

I last left off around CL until it was time to see it all light up at night. This is one of the main reasons I want to see Radiator Springs light up at night just like watching the movie. We still have a few minutes until it was time for the light up, so my DA and I kept walking around CL until it was time.

While we were waiting, I took some pics of the home's of the Cars characters.

Mater's sign

Right across from Mater's Junkyard Jamboree was Fillmore's Taste-In

After looking around Fillmore's Taste-In, we walked back down towards RS

There were some people waiting around RS for the lights to come on

Sarge's Surplus Hut

My DA didn't want to keep walking so she got a bench right by the Cozy Cone Motel while I kept walking around RS

Cozy Cone Motel sign and part of Cadillac Range

I went back to the Cozy Cone to get some pics inside Sally's front desk building

Some of the lines at the Cozy Cone were still long

Inside the front desk which had cones everywhere

So I kept walking around RS after seeing the Cozy Cone

The lines are not that short when I was around the area

Almost getting dark and the lights should be on shortly

Not too crowded around Luigis Casa Della Tires

Traffic light still blinking yellow and almost time for the lights

That it for this post and I will be back with more tonight.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #2018
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

What great updates! I am still amazed at the detail in CL. Even the fencing had cone designs.

I love the cone cup that had your coke in it. It was fun to see a picture of you holding it in the TR

Looking forward to seeing CL with the lights on!

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #2019
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
What great updates! I am still amazed at the detail in CL. Even the fencing had cone designs.

I love the cone cup that had your coke in it. It was fun to see a picture of you holding it in the TR

Looking forward to seeing CL with the lights on!

TK
Thank you TK. It is so amazing how the Imagineers got every little detail of Radiator Springs town from the buildings, light poles, etc. It was neat to see the fences that had cones at the Cozy Cone where it didn't have the fence in the movie.

The cone cup was neat and I just couldn't resist of not buying one. As you know that I don't get too many pictures with me in it, but I just had to show you that I did get a cone cup during the preview.

The light up of RS will be coming shortly.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #2020
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 20

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 20

Now we are back with more from CL preview. It was about 10 more minutes until 8pm and see RS light up at night. My DA was waiting around the Cozy Cone Motel area while I was taking more pics of RS until it was time to see RS light up. Here are pics while we were waiting.

I was right at the back side of the Cozy Cone and I got some more pics of Lizzie's Curios shop on the side

Leaning Tower of Tires

Ramones House of Body Art building. Some of the neon lights are on inside the window display

Flo's V8 Cafe

When you look down towards Cozy Cone, you can see a sign in that direction was towards Pacific Wharf and PP

Lizzie's RS Curios Store. I really like those signs as well as the gas pumps

Now heading down towards Town Hall

LFT Festival Today sign

Now back at Town Hall

Stanley Statue

It was almost getting darker and time for the light up

Same down towards Radiator Springs

Over at RSR, the wait time was only at 25 minutes which was way down since we rode it at 45 minutes

RSR FP distribution sign

Now I head on over towards the exit area to Pacific Wharf to see Ornament Valley until it was time to head on back to me DA.

Flo's V8 Cafe

Ramones House of Body Art Sign

That's it for this post and I will be back with more and it is coming soon everyone.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #2021
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 21

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 21

Sorry that it is taking so long since I have so many pics before the lights turned on that night. So we are back to CL while we were waiting for the lights to turn on at Radiator Springs.

While my DA was waiting around the Cozy Cone, I went around Radiator Springs to get a lot of pictures. I last left off at Ramones House of Body Art shop and I was on my way to see Ornament Valley towards Pacific Wharf entrance.

Ramones House of Body Art side entrance

Now passing Flo's V8 Cafe

Heading on over to see Ornament Valley

Mind your Speed

There's a race going on at RSR

Just in a minute another race was going on

It was almost 8pm & I head on over to my DA back at the Cozy Cone to see RS light up at night.

I met up with my DA and when it was around 8pm and we were waiting for the lights to turn on and hear the music "Life Could be Dream" just like in the movie. There were a lot of other people waiting around the area just like us. While we were waiting, I took some pics around the area where we were waiting to see RS light up. I didn't use my camera to take pictures during the music since I used my video camera to videotape the music while it was playing.

Around 8:05pm, "Life Could be Dream" music started to play and the buildings in Radiator Springs started to light up. I didn't get any pics while we were listening to the music. I did videotape the time when it was playing. But when I was videotaping the music, I didn't keep my camera steady so I am not going to put the video up on youtube. I will think about loading it on youtube.

While the music was playing, my DA wanted to head on over to RSR to ride it for the 2nd time that night and it was a good chance that the line would be really short since most of the people are at the center of RS to listen to "Life Could be Dream".

When we got to RSR entrance, I put away my video camera and now taking pics of the neon light signs at CL.

So my first pic was the RSR FP distribution sign which was neat and colorful.

RSR entrance sign which the car was all light up and the wait time was only 25 mintues which was short.

So we head on over to RSR to ride it again. I didn't get too many pics of the queue since I got most of them, but I did get some nighttime pics in the line.

Some of the mountain had different color which was neat

I will have on the next post what side we went on during RSR and more pics of RS light up at night.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #2022
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 22

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 22

I last left off at RSR while we were riding it for the 2nd time that day. I was hoping to get Luigi's side during the ride since we went Ramone's side three times during our previews. So I was hoping we could get that side on this ride. It was also during the time when the lights at Radiator Springs is all light up. So after Radiator Springs Racers, we will head on back to the town and get pics of the lights.

We only had to wait about 20 minutes which was shorter then the projected time at 25 minutes to get on RSR. When we got to the loading zone, we got a front row spot which was nice which was the 3rd time out of four attempts.

This time we got a light blue car as our ride vehicle and we were hoping that we would get Luigis side.

When we got to the McQueen and Sally, we were heading on over to Luigi's side and we were both excited to see Luigi's side. My first impression of Luigi's side is that it is way better then Ramone's side where they show a video of Ramone and Flo. But Luigi side had a AA Luigi and Guido. When we got to the point where they were changing the tires, the car moved up and down a few times until they showed us with white wall tires.

Here are some pics from Luigi side

Unfortunately we didn't win the race, but we were so glad that we got to see Luigi's side on RSR. So we completed our rides at CL which was to ride RSR and go on both sides, LFT, & MJJ.

When we got off, we head on over to the photopass and see our picture during RSR.

We exited RSR and now through the exit queue of RSR and got some great pics of Cadillac Range at night. It was even more beautiful at night with the lights on at Cadillac Range.

There was barely any people walking through RSR lines

Now we were back at the main entrance of RSR. My DA wanted to go back on RSR since the wait time was only 15 minutes so we decided to head on back to RSR again. On the way back to the entrance, I got a few more pics of the signs and light up buildings.

FP Distribution sign

The single rider line was only 5 minute while the stand-by was only 15 minutes which sold us to go back to ride RSR.

I will be back with more from our third time riding RSR during the preview.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #2023
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Look at all that gorgeous night lighting. You did a great job on it Bret. I'm positively salivating at the thought of being able to photoshoot in that kind of conditions!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #2024
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great night pictures!! I was LOL when I saw your ride picture from RSR. You were shooting video and had a great pose. EXCELLENT!

It's great that you were able to have two RSR rides in a row because the line wasn't very long.

CL is spectacular looking at night with the neon. So nice that is is so different from Paradise Pier at night.

Can't wait to go!
TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #2025
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Look at all that gorgeous night lighting. You did a great job on it Bret. I'm positively salivating at the thought of being able to photoshoot in that kind of conditions!
Thank you PiO. It was so amazing at night to see Cadillac Range all light up. But this is only the beginning during that night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great night pictures!! I was LOL when I saw your ride picture from RSR. You were shooting video and had a great pose. EXCELLENT!

It's great that you were able to have two RSR rides in a row because the line wasn't very long.

CL is spectacular looking at night with the neon. So nice that is is so different from Paradise Pier at night.

Can't wait to go!
TK
Thank you TK. I try to do a lot of different poses on RSR. I have done three different ones which was funny, but I forgot to take picture of the 2nd one and 5th one.

I do appreciate my DA that we rode RSR a 2nd time while the wait time was only 15 minutes. It would be nice if the wait time was like that now RSR is open to the public.

Cl is so amazing at night and I'm about to post the next post of the TR.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: