Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Need help now!!!

Hi everyone,

OK, I like to consider myself a good cook/baker. I need help with an interpretation.

Right now, in the oven, is the Tie-Dye cheesecake from Pop Century. I made it to take to work for a co-worker. Here's my dilemma:

Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degree preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes. When time is up, prop open oven door and leave in oven for one hour. After one hour, remove from oven. Let cool enough before the cheesecake is put into the refrigerator for 24 hours.

Do you:
1) Turn the over OFF and prop the door open for one hour?

Or
2) Leave the oven at 325 and prop the oven open for one hour?

If it's #2, that sucks, because I am going to be heating my house! But, I want it to be done, especially since I am taking it to work. Right now, it's in the over for the hour and 15 minutes.

TIA!!!!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

I would say the oven should be off- it is not the way I have made cheesecake before but it shouldn't cook for that much longer. I believe the hour in the oven with the door slightly open is for it to cool slowly so it doesn't drop with a sudden change in heat.

Rebecca
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
Silverfox97

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started to do the other option, then I thought, wait, I'll be pumping energy to keep the oven hot while the door is open? What the hell is the point of that?? Makes sense - thanks I think it cooked too long - it cracked...

It says to let it completely cool before putting it in the fridge, than to refrigerate for 24 hrs.

Just hope it's not dry.............(Looks cool at least!)

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 08-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

It says when the time is up so that means to turn off the oven. I am 52 years old and have been making cheesecakes since I was 12 and I can count the number of times one hasn't cracked on one hand...they all tasted great.
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
Silverfox97

Took it to work today -- it was a BIG hit!! I have to say, the cheesecake portion was perfect & delicious. The red velvet cake "crust" part was a little dry.....still good nonetheless!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: