Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2010, 07:16 AM   #31
brer rabbit 28
Dude, you were like, 'Whoa!' and then we were like 'WHOA!' and then you were like 'Whoa.'

Hi Lauren

I just started reading you PJ and I'm so excited for you. My colour scheme is orange too (well orange lime and turquoise!) and not only that but i am also having a go at the button bouquet. I've decided to add some sparkly brooches into mine as when I started putting it together I got worried that it looked a little childish. I'd love to hear how you get on with yours.

Your gown is gorgeous and I love the choice of bridesmaid dress, can't wait to hear more of your plans. I'm getting married on 5th October next year so we are very close together.

Claire and Chris' wedding planning journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2509001
brer rabbit 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:59 AM   #32
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanddolly View Post
Here are a couple of ideas for you that you can make in advance for a "welcome bag" that wouldn't take up much space in your luggage...

1. You can make a water bottle tag (instead of wrapper) in advance and buy a case of water bottles when you get there or you can buy them online at Costco and have them mailed to your hotel. Then place the water bottle tag over the water bottles and that could be item one for your welcome bag.

2. You can make candy bar wrappers in advance and then buy candy bars and double sided tape at Walmart when you get to the states, attach the wrappers to the candy bar and that is thing two for your welcome bag.

3. Make a welcome letter to insert in the welcome bag.

4. Make a door hanger and insert it in the welcome bag.

5. Make a gift tag for the bag.

Since all of these are just paper...they wouldn't take up much space in your luggage and it is really all you would need. All you would have to do (other than get the water, candy bars and double sided tape...look in the office supply section at Walmart and buy the scotch brand with a yellow cover) is assemble the candy bars and welcome bags and that should take 30 minutes.

You can find some examples on this thread in post #12 to give you an idea of what a water bottle tag and candy bar wrapper look like:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2469109

Here is an example of a door hanger that I made:
Thanks Dolly I think i might have to do this I was trying to just find a few little toiletry items to go with the welcome packs I just got a bag from Vista Print today but I am not very happy with it so I am trying to find some cheap calico tote bags that i can put some iron on transfers on...
If anyone knows anywhere that I can buy the minimum from and they are not 10 dollars each that would be great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brer rabbit 28 View Post
Hi Lauren

I just started reading you PJ and I'm so excited for you. My colour scheme is orange too (well orange lime and turquoise!) and not only that but i am also having a go at the button bouquet. I've decided to add some sparkly brooches into mine as when I started putting it together I got worried that it looked a little childish. I'd love to hear how you get on with yours.

Your gown is gorgeous and I love the choice of bridesmaid dress, can't wait to hear more of your plans. I'm getting married on 5th October next year so we are very close together.
How long are you staying at disney world for Brer Rabbit??
I arrive on the 22nd of october.
I will pop over and read your trip report now I havent been doing any reading lately.
Disneyland Disneyland January 2002,Disneyland January 2006, Disneyland January 2009 , Disneyland February 2010. Disneyland, Walt Disney World & Disney Western Caribbean Cruise November, December 2011 & January 2012 our 9 Week trip.
mareeld86 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2010, 03:02 AM   #33
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Ok so I have a question about Room blocks....
If i do a room block do I have to book rooms though that discount rate or can I book it though the AP rate and still get it connected to my room block???
Any help would be appreciated because I am so confused with this....
and If my guests book though a package to get free dining can they connect there confirmation number to my Room block..
AHH this is doing my head in i am so Confused.
Disneyland Disneyland January 2002,Disneyland January 2006, Disneyland January 2009 , Disneyland February 2010. Disneyland, Walt Disney World & Disney Western Caribbean Cruise November, December 2011 & January 2012 our 9 Week trip.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:36 AM   #34
brer rabbit 28
Dude, you were like, 'Whoa!' and then we were like 'WHOA!' and then you were like 'Whoa.'

How long are you staying at disney world for Brer Rabbit??
I arrive on the 22nd of october.
I will pop over and read your trip report now I havent been doing any reading lately.
[/QUOTE]

We go home on the 21st October. What a shame as I could have stalked your wedding!!

Sorry I can't help with the room block question but hopefully someone will come along with some advise.

Claire and Chris' wedding planning journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2509001
brer rabbit 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:46 AM   #35
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Yes they can all be linked in, you just need to email the confirmation numbers to your planner.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:11 AM   #36
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Thanks Bec can they only reserve rooms at the places you chose for them to be counted in your room block or can it be anywhere and i email the confirmation numbers though??
Old 09-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #37
Princess SarahK
DIS Veteran

Hi there!! Just joining in, everything looks great so far! Your gown is gorgeous and I LOVE the BM dresses too! Keep the good stuff coming!

Princess SarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:52 AM   #38
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Princess sarah what date is your wedding??
I will still be at WDW when you get married I think!!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #39
Princess SarahK
DIS Veteran

Our date is November 13, 2011. We will be at the Wedding Pavillion and then the Grand Floridian (at the Whitehall Room and Patio, if our guest list is small enough) if not we will be in the ballroom. Im praying that some convention doesnt swoop in and steal our date and place. I reeeeaaaallly need to start a PJ!

Old 09-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #40
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Hi just joining in

everything looks fantastic so far and I LOVE your bm dresses! Can't wait to read more
DisneyDiva84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:01 AM   #41
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess SarahK View Post
Our date is November 13, 2011. We will be at the Wedding Pavillion and then the Grand Floridian (at the Whitehall Room and Patio, if our guest list is small enough) if not we will be in the ballroom. Im praying that some convention doesnt swoop in and steal our date and place. I reeeeaaaallly need to start a PJ!
Oh wow I will be there then Maybe we can have a Dis Bride meet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiva84 View Post
Hi just joining in

everything looks fantastic so far and I LOVE your bm dresses! Can't wait to read more
Thanks for Joining in DisneyDiva84. Your wedding isnt far away. I bet your getting exciting.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #42
Princess SarahK
DIS Veteran

Absolutley!! If you are still there, maybe you and your DH can join us for a dinner or maybe a drink somewhere in Epcot! I wish it was all this year, I dont want to wait a year for all the exciting wedding stuff! Im so impatient!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #43
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

I'm pretty sure it's any disney owned property. They changed it for a little while that it had to be part of your room block, but now I think it's changed back.

By the way, I love your new title!
Old 09-16-2010, 04:19 AM   #44
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

AHHH More Problems!!
I emailed Joe to let him know which hotels we want our room blocks.
But now I have to decide How many per night. I don't know I don't even know who is coming yet!!!
AHH maybe I will just say 4 rooms per night for the first 2 weeks then 1 room per night for the next 5 i don't know its all too hard.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:27 AM   #45
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

By the way, I love your new title!

Thanks Bec It reminded me of all the times we have been to the states and the conversation goes
"where you from"
Me "Australia"
Them: "Sydoney"
Me: "No Tasmania"
Them: ""
Me "You know the little island at the bottom of australia??""
Them" Oh yes"
lol

I cant tell you how many times I have had that Conversation but it will never beat the look Jason got when he walked into the billabong store at the Universal Hollywood City Walk.
Store Clerk " Can I help you""
And Jason Replys " Nah Im just having a Squiz"
The bloke looked at us like we were Crazy and all I could say was really quickly hes just having a look lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: