DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #151
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Monthly ROFR Data - UPDATED 01/11/2012

In December 2011, DVD continued its recent habit of exercising its Right of First Refusal primarily on Old Key West deeds. During the month, DVD reacquired 7 OKW deeds containing 1,730 points. DVD also reacquired a 270-point Beach Club Villas deed, a 65-point Vero Beach deed, and a 160-point SSR deed.

As I posted previously, the Orange County Comptroller is no longer displaying the "Sale/Consideration" amount on deeds posted on its website. Thus, I can no longer determine the price paid by DVD to reacquire these deeds.

The 160-point SSR deed may have been reacquired by DVD for reasons unrelated to the ROFR process. The original deed was sold by DVD just a few weeks before it reacquired the same deed from the same owners. In the past, the Sale/Consideration amount would have been a helpful indicator whether the deed was ROFRed or reacquired for other reasons. If the sale amount was at or near the full price DVD charges for direct purchases, then its likely that the deed was not involved in a third party resale transaction.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #152
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Monthly ROFR Data for January 2012

In January 2012, Disney Vacation Development reacquired only five deeds containing 1,205 points, the fewest number of points it reacquired since July 2011, when it reacquired four deeds containing 670 points. DVD reacquired three Old Key West deeds, one Beach Club Villas deed, and one Saratoga Springs Resort deed. Given the recency that the SSR deed was originally sold, it is likely that DVD reacquired it for reasons other than exercising ROFR on a resale transaction.

The Orange County Comptroller is no longer displaying the "Sale/Consideration" amount on deeds posted on its website. Thus, I can no longer determine the price paid by DVD to reacquire these deeds.

Register to remove

Old 02-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #153
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
In January 2012, Disney Vacation Development reacquired only five deeds containing 1,205 points, the fewest number of points it reacquired since July 2011, when it reacquired four deeds containing 670 points. DVD reacquired three Old Key West deeds, one Beach Club Villas deed, and one Saratoga Springs Resort deed. Given the recency that the SSR deed was originally sold, it is likely that DVD reacquired it for reasons other than exercising ROFR on a resale transaction.

The Orange County Comptroller is no longer displaying the "Sale/Consideration" amount on deeds posted on its website. Thus, I can no longer determine the price paid by DVD to reacquire these deeds.

And I wonder what little Mouse had something to do with the Comptroller's no longer reflecting sales info?

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #154
silmarg
SIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpcomp View Post
And I wonder what little Mouse had something to do with the Comptroller's no longer reflecting sales info?
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #155
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpcomp View Post
Keep in mind that DVD is not the only timeshare having records posted with the Orange County Comptroller.

I wish that the Sale/Consideration information was still available on deeds. It was a useful piece of information, not only to see what DVD was paying to reacquire a ROFR deed, but also to distinguish true ROFRed deeds from deeds being bought back by DVD for other reasons. If DVD bought back a BLT deed for $150/point, I'd be certain it was not a true ROFR.

Perhaps one reason why the Sale/Consideration amounts are no longer posted is that they were usually misleading whenever DVD offered incentives to the buyer. In the past, OCC would show a Sale/Consideration amount equivalent to the full retail price, even though the buyer actually paid $4, $5, or even $20+ less per point.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #156
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Disney Vacation Development reacquired only three DVC deeds and 550 points in February 2012, the fewest number of deeds since June 2011, when only one deed was reacquired. The three deeds were reacquired from Bay Lake Tower (150 points), Beach Club Villas (150 points), and Old Key West (250 points).

As noted previously in this thread, the Orange County Comptroller's website (the source for this information) is no longer displaying the price paid by DVD to reacquire these deeds. Thus, it is not known how much DVD paid per point for these deeds.

More information about ROFR activity and prices is available in Donald is #1's thread: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1977

Last edited by wdrl; 03-11-2012 at 07:57 PM.
wdrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #157
wdrl
DIS Veteran

ROFR Data Updated for March 2012

During March 2012, only four deeds were reacquired by Disney Vacation Development. Two OKW deeds were reacquired, which was not surprising since about two-thirds of all deeds reacquired for reasons other than foreclosures in the last eight months have been for OKW.

DVD also reacquired an AKV deed and an SSR deed. Since the Orange County Comptroller's website no longer displays the price paid for a deed, it cannot be determined whether these deeds were reacquired as part of the ROFR process or for some other buyback reason.

I changed the format of my ROFR chart to display the current month and the previous 12 months. The data goes back to June 2010, when I began tracking this type of information.

Donald is #1's thread on ROFR activity has more detailed information about buyers' experience with going through the ROFR process. See http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2088.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #158
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Monthly ROFR Data - UPDATED 05/08/2012

In April 2012, Disney Vacation Development exercised its Right of First Refusal on 19 deeds containing 3,780 points. I have been tracking ROFR information since June 2010, and this is the largest number of points ROFRed in a single month since October 2010 when 4,600 points were ROFRed.

Although the majority of April's reacquired deeds -- 13 deeds representing 2,400 points -- were for Old Key West, DVD also reacquired deeds for AKV (2), BCV, BWV, SSR, and VB.

The data reflects Warranty Deeds filed by DVD with the Orange County (FL) Comptroller and the Indian River County (FL) Clerk of Court and covers the following DVC resorts: Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa, Vero Beach, and Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

Since the OCC website no longer displays Sale/Consideration amounts on deeds, I cannot determine the price per point paid by DVD to reacquire these deeds. It is also possible that these deeds might not have been reacquired by DVD via the ROFR process but rather because of some other buyback reason.

More information about ROFR and resale transactions is available on
Donald is #1's thread, which is currently being managed by mac_tlc. See http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2407.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #159
AllieV
DIS Veteran

Very interesting data, thanks. I was trying to figure out my chances of being ROFRd and this has helped a lot. The most interesting thing on this is the complete lack of VWL buybacks.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #160
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieV View Post
Very interesting data, thanks. I was trying to figure out my chances of being ROFRd and this has helped a lot. The most interesting thing on this is the complete lack of VWL buybacks.
You spoke too soon! On May 3, 2012, DVD reacquired a 100 point VWL deed. Its the first VWL deed reacquired since July 2010 when a 200 point VWL was reacquired.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #161
AllieV
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
You spoke too soon! On May 3, 2012, DVD reacquired a 100 point VWL deed. Its the first VWL deed reacquired since July 2010 when a 200 point VWL was reacquired.
Well I guess that was bound to happen. I'm curious to see how OKW stands with May buybacks. 13 in April is high compared to all the other locations. Plus I saw 2 ROFRd VB contracts this month, which increases that number by 50% since 2010, lol, why would disney want all those?
Old 05-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #162
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Through May 23, 2012, DVD has reacquired 16 OKW deeds containing 3,278 points so far this month. At this rate, more OKW deeds will be reacquired than in any other month since June 2010, when I started tracking this information.

I can only speculate why so many OKW deeds are being reacquired at this time by DVD. The obvious answer is that DVD can reacquire points cheaply (under $50/point) and sell them at a price ($100/point) that lets it make a nice profit.

The demand for OKW direct sales is unspectacular but steady. DVD has already sold 3,470 OKW points in May, which puts them on a pace to sell about 4,500 OKW points for the month. So what DVD reacquires today seems to be turned around and sold again within a few weeks.

I think that the internet and, by extension, the disboards, help DVD reacquire more OKW points. Let me explain: Someone on the internet reports they bought OKW for $52, so the next person wants to buy for $50. Next, someone wants to buy OKW for $48. Even though there was documented proof in late 2011 that DVD was ROFRing OKW deeds under $50/point, people continue to try to buy OKW under $45. Thus, DVD gets a steady stream of low priced resale transactions that it can snap up.

I also wonder if OKW's age also plays a factor in OKW's high ROFR numbers. Perhaps OKW sellers have been owners for 15-20 years and bought their points for under $60/point. Thus, these owners are quite willing to sell for under $50 a point because they have more than recovered their initial purchase.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #163
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Someone posted on another thread that they just returned from WDW, and while there purchased OKW from DVC.

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #164
AllieV
DIS Veteran

Wow, 16 in May alone? Let's hope OKW keeps them distracted from other resorts for another month
Old 06-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #165
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Monthly ROFR Data - UPDATED 06/05/2012

May 2012 had the largest number of deeds and points reacquired by Disney Vacation Development via the Warranty Deed/ROFR process since I began tracking this data in June 2010. Twenty-nine deeds containing 6,198 points were reacquired by DVD in May, which easy bested the previous highs of 21 deeds and 4,600 points in October 2010.

As has been the case since August 2011, more deeds and points were reacquired for Old Key West than any other DVC resort for which data is tracked. In May 2012, 20 OKW deeds and 4.043 points were reacquired. Boardwalk Villas was a surprising second with 4 deeds and 1,385 points. BWV's point total was somewhat skewed by the fact the DVD reacquired a BWV deed that had 735 points.

Unfortunately, I can no longer determine the price at which DVD reacquired these deeds. This information is no longer displayed by the recording agencies on their public websites.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: