DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #136
Ruthy
Earning My Ears

Thanks for posting - its really interesting to read the ROFR trend over time.

Hopefully the latest data means that mt BCV contract will pass

Ruth
Ruthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #137
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Maybe the answer is somewhere in this thread. If so, I apologize. But, why don't you show HHI on your charts? Curious because we made an offer on HHI contract and was sent to ROFR on Dec 5.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #138
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Maybe the answer is somewhere in this thread. If so, I apologize. But, why don't you show HHI on your charts? Curious because we made an offer on HHI contract and was sent to ROFR on Dec 5.
The simple answer is: I'm too lazy!

The data on HHI deeds reacquired by DVD is available from the Beaufort County (SC) Register of Deeds (http://rodweb.bcgov.net/nvtest/or_sch_1.asp). But I'm tracking a lot of other things right now, and I'm beginning to run out of the spare time that it takes to compile all the data. Tracking HHI deeds ROFRed by DVD is just one of several things that I've put on the back burner.

I've given some thought to actually discontinuing these monthly updates. Donald Is #1's thread on the Buying and Selling Board on ROFR activity is a very useful thread when it comes to monitoring ROFR activity, perhaps even more useful and interesting to the average DVC buyer than my thread. But, at least for the time being, I'll continue updating this thread. In fact, I need to update the data for November. . . which I'll do soon.

Good luck on passing ROFR on your HHI deed! We've been to HHI just once and we really enjoyed it
Old 12-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #139
wdrl
DIS Veteran

In November 2011, Disney Vacation Development continued its recent habit of reacquiring Old Key West deeds on the resale market. For the month, DVD reacquired 10 OKW resale deeds containing 1,855 points. According to information filed with the Orange County Comptroller, DVD reacquired these resale deeds at prices ranging from $35.00 to $50.00 a point, with a weighted average of $44.38 per point.

OKW was the only DVC resort that had any resale deeds ROFRed by DVD in the month. Beach Club Villas has had only one resale deed reacquired via ROFR in the last three months. For several months before then, BCV was the primary focus of DVD's ROFR activity.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #140
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

Thanks,

I hope you keep compiling the info.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #141
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post

The data on HHI deeds reacquired by DVD is available from the Beaufort County (SC) Register of Deeds (http://rodweb.bcgov.net/nvtest/or_sch_1.asp). But I'm tracking a lot of other things right now, and I'm beginning to run out of the spare time that it takes to compile all the data. Tracking HHI deeds ROFRed by DVD is just one of several things that I've put on the back burner.

I've given some thought to actually discontinuing these monthly updates. Donald Is #1's thread on the Buying and Selling Board on ROFR activity is a very useful thread when it comes to monitoring ROFR activity, perhaps even more useful and interesting to the average DVC buyer than my thread. But, at least for the time being, I'll continue updating this thread. In fact, I need to update the data for November. . . which I'll do soon.

Good luck on passing ROFR on your HHI deed! We've been to HHI just once and we really enjoyed it
Thank you. This thread is very interesting...thank you for all the time and effort you put into it.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #142
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nevermind...oops.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 12-16-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #143
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've given some thought to actually discontinuing these monthly updates. Donald Is #1's thread on the Buying and Selling Board on ROFR activity is a very useful thread when it comes to monitoring ROFR activity, perhaps even more useful and interesting to the average DVC buyer than my thread. But, at least for the time being, I'll continue updating this thread.
Thanks so much for the hard work you do to compile these updates. I know how it feels to work for quite some time to prepare a report and submit it for review and the review lasts only a few minutes. In my "real life" job, my submission is to 2 people for their review. Your work is reviewed by many, many more and I suspect, is greatly more appreciated. I know I am one of those that appreciate it very much. Thanks again.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #144
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Thanks so much for the hard work you do to compile these updates. I know how it feels to work for quite some time to prepare a report and submit it for review and the review lasts only a few minutes. In my "real life" job, my submission is to 2 people for their review. Your work is reviewed by many, many more and I suspect, is greatly more appreciated. I know I am one of those that appreciate it very much. Thanks again.
Thanks for your comments. They are appreciated.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #145
awilliams4
DIS Veteran

Excellent info. I appreciate your efforts!
awilliams4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #146
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Thanks

I'm awaiting my offer to pass ROFR so I'm reading everything I can about the subject. Your info is much appreciated and makes me feel a little better about my chances! Thanks.
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:55 PM   #147
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I'm awaiting my offer to pass ROFR so I'm reading everything I can about the subject. Your info is much appreciated and makes me feel a little better about my chances! Thanks.
Good luck on getting your offer to pass ROFR!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #148
77kool
Earning My Ears

What does a notice for exercising ROFR look like? I have looked through many pages of results to try to find one, and I had no luck. Thanks for complying this!

Contemporary 2008
Wilderness Lodge 2009
Port Orleans French Quarter 2011
77kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #149
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77kool View Post
What does a notice for exercising ROFR look like? I have looked through many pages of results to try to find one, and I had no luck. Thanks for complying this!
When Disney Vacation Development exercises its Right of First Refusal, it files a warranty deed with the Orange County Comptroller. These deeds are in the public domain and can be viewed on the OCC's website.

Here is a link to a warranty deed that was filed on December 1, 2012: https://officialrecords.occompt.com/...t=DOC891S14012

The deed shows DVD as the Grantee and the original owner as the Grantor. The deed also shows the DVC resort name and the undivided percentage interest in the Unit number. In the sample warranty deed, DVD is reacquiring 0.274% of Unit 11 of the Disney Vacation Club at Walt Disney World Resort, which is the official name of Old Key West. The warranty deed doesn't show the number of points or Use Year. To get this information, I maintain a list of Units for each DVC resort, which shows that OKW Unit 11 has a February UY and has been allotted 83,970 points. Thus, 0.274% of Unit 11 represents 230 points.

Until late November 2011, the OCC website displayed a "Sale/Consideration" amount for each warranty deed. By dividing that amount by the number of points I was able to see how much DVD was paying per point. However, OCC is no longer displaying the Sale/Consideration amount on deeds.

There is one caveat that readers of this thread should be aware of. Actually, the only thing that a warranty deed proves it that DVD has reacquired the deed from the original owner. Its an assumption on my part that the deed is being reacquired as part of a ROFR process. However, I feel very safe in making that assumption because there are other documents DVD uses when it reacquires deeds through other processes, such as foreclosures and Court actions. A few times I have seen DVD file a warranty deed on a new deed that had been sold just a few days or weeks before to the original owner. The Sale/Consideration amount was shown as the full direct purchase price (such as $120/point for an AKV deed). In situations like that, I suspect that the deed was being bought back by Disney because of some reason or error in the original transaction. These types of buybacks have occurred very infrequently during the time I have tracked the data.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #150
delmar411
DIS Veteran

I appreciate all your hard work in tracking this data! I am considering adding on a few more OKW points and it looks like this might be possible through direct purchase with all those points coming back to DVC. I'll have to give my guide a call or maybe I'll go visit him when we are at SSR in a couple weeks! LOL
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: