Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #16
Rockclimber
Mouseketeer

Get the guy in the plane who does the sky writing to spell it out for you.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #17
went503
DVC Owner

i just proposed to my now fiancee this past april during wishes in the rose garden. I paid disney photography and they setup in the rose garden where noone could get in and you wouldnt be bothered. The photographer played it off like she was looking for a couple for a a photoshoot and she gave me a signal and i got down on one knee and proposed. It was perfect. Just contact disney photography and ask for karen Chandler and she will help you out. Here is a thread i did with pictures. Good luck and Congrats!!! I hope yours is as memorable as mine was.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448000
went503 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #18
mistee
Mouseketeer

if you go to youtube you can look up disney world proposals nd there is some there....

IRENE
RAISING 3 WDW FREAKS
DD11 DS5 , DS1

ALL STAR SPORTS 9/09
RENTAL HOUSE 2/09
ALL STAR MOVIES 12/07
FORT WILDERNESS 8/06
POP CENTURY 2/05
CARIBBEAN BEACH 1/11
OTHER X'S WHEN LITTLE BUT CAN'T REMEMBER!!
mistee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #19
daisy 'n donald
Mouseketeer

dh proposed to me at disney in 08....
apparently he had spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was the best way to propose while there....
we were there from a saturday- saturday, and he didn't propose until that wednesday! and i had no idea he was up to anything, so calm and collected the whole time...

he had made a whole bunch of adr's (we were not on ddp then)....and wed night we had reservations at the california grill, for sometime at night (after the fireworks)...we got there in time to watch the fireworks from the observation areas.....and then we hung out around there for a while with our beeper waiting for our table to be ready...it was just the 2 of us (and some loud drunk lady who eventually went away)...and we were just staring out at the mk....then he said, oh, i think our tables ready, so he reached inside his jacket pocket and said, oh, i guess not, but, i do have this! and he pulled the ring out of his pocket (he didn't have it in the box b/c he thought i would notice it) and got down on one knee....i couldn't tell you anything he said...

i do know that when he called ahead he told them the plan and he even tried to get a character there or a photographer, but it didn't work out....
i was so surprised...and while we were watching the fireworks, i thought to myself "c'mon now would be the best time! but, if he's not ready, he's not ready....and he'll ask whenever he is".....little did i know it would be soon after that!

i say, take into consideration what kind of girl she is...he knew i am not really one to be the center of attention (i HATE being sung to at restaurants) so he knew not to do it inside with everyone watching...he wanted it to just be me and him...and it was spectacular

i'm sure however you decide to do it will be perfect!
good luck!
'10 AllStarSports- 1year anniv!
'12 AllStarSports- babymoon
'14 CBR- baby's frist trip to wdw! 5 year anniv!

dh(38) me(35) :baby girl (1.5)

daisy 'n donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #20
wings91
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissathePooh View Post
This is what my DH did:

We were at MK - stayed for fireworks, parade, etc... He didn't want to leave right away and I figured it was because he didn't want to deal with the mass exodus at closing. So we just hung around by the Partners statue for a while (back when they had benches) and watched people go by. We helped families take photos infront of the castle for a while. I couldn't figure out what was going on until the area finally cleared out and a CM that had been in the area came up and asked for our camera to get a picture of us at the castle/statue. DH knelt down on one knee and asked my to marry him. The castle was lit from the "kiss goodnight" and it was perfect. It wasn't a big production or cost any extra money - just simple and sweet.

12 years later we still stop there every trip and have a picture taken, now with both of our kids in the pic as well.
That's AWESOME! The best is the CM that happened to asked to take your picture. Great planning by your DH.

I proposed in 2000 during the fireworks. We were off on a path towards the rose garden so it wasn't crowed and it was dark so no one noticed. DW would have been MAD if it would have been a very public show.

4/86 - Offsite | 8/93 - Offsite | 5/00 - ASSp | 10/01 - ASMu & ASMo | 9/02 - ASSp
5/06 - POR & WL & RPR@US/IOA | 4/07 - CBR & WL & PBH@US/IOA |
4/08 - CSR & WL & HRH@US/IOA | 12/08 - POP & WL | 4/09 - POFQ & WL & RPR@US/IOA
10/10 - POP & WL & RPR @US/IOA | 5/11 - BWV | 10/11 - AKL & WL
5/12 - OKW & WL | 12/12 - AoA & WL | 4/13 - POP & SSR | 11/14 - POP & SSR
wings91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #21
Pineapple Whip
Burning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockclimber View Post
Get the guy in the plane who does the sky writing to spell it out for you.
If you do, be sure to get her a pen and paper and tell her to write down the letters. That guy can barely get GOD out before the G fades away.

I sat here for weeks, every day I saw him, trying to figure out why

GO

OD

D L

L O

V

E S

Y O

U M

A

N

!

!

He might run out of gas if he tries "I love you Elizabeth! Will you marry me??" Maybe he can txt it in the sky.

DESPERADOS: Because laminated schedules have no place on a vacation.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2522331
Pineapple Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:47 PM   #22
cassiez76
DIS Veteran

<--- my avatar.

my hubby proposed in front of cinderella right before dinner at the castle.

we were first in line to meet her and there were at least 50 people in line behind us! since there was a photo person there, my hubby asked if he could take a few extra. how he managed to ask him with me right there is beyond me. (i don't pay attention much! )

after he did it and i said yes, some guy in the back goes, was that fo real?!

we said yes and everybody clapped. i was kinda but it's something i'll never forget...since it was my birthday at my favorite place!

i don't think you can go wrong doing it any place in disney. hubby said he was going to do it at dinner, but wanted a picture of it happening so we could show everybody.

so if you want a picture, i'd say you'd have to have a little more thought out plan, but if not...do it when you think it's right!

good luck!

Old 08-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #23
beccamarie
Mouseketeer

Good luck! Let us know what you decide. She is going to love whatever you do...after all it is the most magical place one earth!

Me DH DS 14 DD 8 : DD 6

Our First Trip: July 18, 2010 at Royal Pacific Resort/ Floridays

Next Trip: 2012 ONSITE! Can't wait~
beccamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #24
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

You can find tons of ideas here but you need to figure out first if she would be happy with public proposal. I personally would prefer it at some quiet spot at sunset and would feel on a spot if it happens in public. Poly beach, somewhere away from tables and people would be great for me, restaurant or Wishes would be out of questions. Good luck and congradulations.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:34 AM   #25
KingScar11
Earning My Ears

Thanks

WOW thank you everyone for all your responses and ideas!

I still have a bunch of time to think about it, but I love the ideas. I know that she is against the whole restaurant thing and it being done in front of a huge group of people. I took her to WDW for her first time last year and she loved it. I took resort hopping the one night and we both agreed that we would have to stay at the Poly sometime. I feel like the Poly beach may be the way to go, but I just am trying to find a way to give a it unique touch. Also, like i said, I have plenty of time so I am just gathering a bunch of ideas.

Her favorite attraction was Pirates and she makes me sing "A Whole New World' with her every time it comes on. She is also a HUGE animal lover so maybe something with animal kingdom? When we go down next it will be with my family celebrating me graduating from college, but we are going to try to have an dinner just the two of us at EPCOT.

Again thanks to all for the input, as i'm just trying to gather up ideas.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:21 AM   #26
solpo
Earning My Ears

I realize that this might be sacrilege, but what about DL? If her favorite ride is Pirates, the Blue Bayou would be a perfect place. If she's not into the whole restaurant / crowd thing, just do it at the end of the night when it's emptied out....
solpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:22 AM   #27
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

You might consider a carriage ride at POFQ or POR. Romantic, but it might be difficult to get the pictures you're looking for without contacting Disney photography to be there.

If you get your night alone in EPCOT, you could do the pick-a-pearl in Japan and have it set in a pendant. Then try and switch out the ring for the pendant without her seeing and suprise her. Or you could just wait until later and tell her you thought she needed something to go with the pendant and then present her with the ring and propose. Depending on the style of her wedding dress, she may be able to wear the pearl necklace at your wedding.

There are so many wonderful suggestions in this thread that I'm sure you'll come up with something magical and special. Congratulations!

Last edited by Pixie Princess; 08-09-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #28
mistee
Mouseketeer

hmmm,, wonder if there is a way to rig one of those pick a pearls and have her "help" pick one and when she opens it there is a ring i think the pearl place over near beach club isnt crowded...... or you could buy one b4 you leave and rig it...... let her have the pearl too,,lol

IRENE
RAISING 3 WDW FREAKS
DD11 DS5 , DS1

ALL STAR SPORTS 9/09
RENTAL HOUSE 2/09
ALL STAR MOVIES 12/07
FORT WILDERNESS 8/06
POP CENTURY 2/05
CARIBBEAN BEACH 1/11
OTHER X'S WHEN LITTLE BUT CAN'T REMEMBER!!
mistee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #29
FutureDis
Mouseketeer

Depends on if you want pictures or not, but I think a private boat on It's A Small World ride would be very sweet.
FutureDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #30
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingScar11 View Post
WOW thank you everyone for all your responses and ideas!

Her favorite attraction was Pirates and she makes me sing "A Whole New World' with her every time it comes on. She is also a HUGE animal lover so maybe something with animal kingdom? When we go down next it will be with my family celebrating me graduating from college, but we are going to try to have an dinner just the two of us at EPCOT.

Again thanks to all for the input, as i'm just trying to gather up ideas.
Congratulations to you man. My 2 cents... If Pirates is her favorite ride and she keeps singing the song from Alladin, go for a ride on Pirates, when you get out, Alladin's magic Carpet ride is right there. Get on the ride and that way you can propose to her on a flying carpet.

Good luck and happy life.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engagement, help planning, proposal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: