Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 07:08 AM   #916
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDan26 View Post
Hey Everyone!!! How is everyone doing? We are busy as ever with work etc.

We are getting ready for our October trip.. We are bringing our Mom's with us this trip. It will be their 1st Food & Wine experience so we are super excited about that! We are really undecided what to do about our food plan option. We have always done the quick service plan. Before that plan came out we just paid for our food and did not use a food plan. We are thinking about venturing out and doing the table service plan but we have our worries about it. First, will there be enough options for our "picky Southern palates"? Secondly, will we want to plan our days around a dinner reservation?... We are so used of just eating when we get hungry and not have to worry about being at a certain place at a certain time... Any suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated...

Hope you all have a wonderful week and we hope to have a chat someday soon!
So glad you're getting close to your WDW trip - it sounds like lots of fun already! One thing you might want to do before opting for the table service plan is to check menus online and see what sounds appealing about some of the table service menus. You will also definitely want to check on dining availability, since a lot of the favorite restaurants fill up really early. If nothing that sounds good is available when you're going to be there, you'll want to skip the table service plan. If you're wanting to spend much of your food time sampling Food & Wine portions, you may not want to commit to a full table service meal on those days - I've been too full for the reservation after trying a bunch of samples around Epcot before.

I'm a foodie and I love the table service restaurants, but it definitely takes away from being spontaneous when you have to make a reservation way ahead of time and know exactly where and when you will want to eat far in advance.

We're doing ok here. Paul's recovered from his gallbladder surgery pretty well, and we've both had a cold for a few weeks. Joy. I'm busy with a new job, and while it's stressful to learn new systems and files and procedures, it's a wonderful office and the best job I've had in more than a decade.

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #917
NejTheLion
Jellyfish Jen

Quote:
Hey Everyone!!! How is everyone doing? We are busy as ever with work etc.

We are getting ready for our October trip.. We are bringing our Mom's with us this trip. It will be their 1st Food & Wine experience so we are super excited about that! We are really undecided what to do about our food plan option. We have always done the quick service plan. Before that plan came out we just paid for our food and did not use a food plan. We are thinking about venturing out and doing the table service plan but we have our worries about it. First, will there be enough options for our "picky Southern palates"? Secondly, will we want to plan our days around a dinner reservation?... We are so used of just eating when we get hungry and not have to worry about being at a certain place at a certain time... Any suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated...

Hope you all have a wonderful week and we hope to have a chat someday soon!
How you approach dining at WDW really depends on how you like to eat. For us, dinner is an event and something we don't mind planning our day around. If you like just snacking as you go and want to maximize your park time, sticking with counter service could be better. We go with Tables in Wonderland since we eat at sit-down restaurants, and that gives 20% off food and alcohol. Also consider how many "meals" you're planning to spend at the World Showcase food booths.

As far as finding things picky eaters like, I recommend looking over the menus online in advance. That should help you choose which restaurants you want to try.

Next Trip: Podcast Cruise 5.0

Only took 83 nights with DCL to become Platinum*1st Panama Canal Cruise 2005*1st Mediterranean Cruise 2007*1st Baltic Cruise 2010*Podcast Cruise 2.0*Disney Dream Maiden Voyage 2011*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Jul-Aug 2011*Podcast Cruise 3.0*DIS Unplugged ABD London/Paris 2012*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Dec 2013*Podcast Cruise 5.0
NejTheLion is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #918
DisDan26
Disney Diva!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStitch View Post
So glad you're getting close to your WDW trip - it sounds like lots of fun already! One thing you might want to do before opting for the table service plan is to check menus online and see what sounds appealing about some of the table service menus. You will also definitely want to check on dining availability, since a lot of the favorite restaurants fill up really early. If nothing that sounds good is available when you're going to be there, you'll want to skip the table service plan. If you're wanting to spend much of your food time sampling Food & Wine portions, you may not want to commit to a full table service meal on those days - I've been too full for the reservation after trying a bunch of samples around Epcot before.

I'm a foodie and I love the table service restaurants, but it definitely takes away from being spontaneous when you have to make a reservation way ahead of time and know exactly where and when you will want to eat far in advance.

We're doing ok here. Paul's recovered from his gallbladder surgery pretty well, and we've both had a cold for a few weeks. Joy. I'm busy with a new job, and while it's stressful to learn new systems and files and procedures, it's a wonderful office and the best job I've had in more than a decade.
Glad to hear that Paul is getting better!!! We keep up with y'all on Facebook and get jealous when we see your " check ins " at the World hehe So very happy for you and your new job!!!! I know that is a relief on your part! Good luck with that

May 2007- Offsite, Jan 2008- Pop Century (Joined DVC this trip!) May 2008- SSR ,Oct 2008- CBR & SSR, Jan 2009- Pop & BWV, May 2009- OKW & VWL, Sept 2009- SSR, Dec 2009- AKV Kidani, Jan 2010- THV, May 2010- AKV Jambo, Oct 2010- DCL on the Disney Wonder!! Nov/Dec 2010- AKV Jambo, Feb 2011 - AKV Jambo, May 2011 - AKV Jambo, July 2011 - ABD Backstage Magic Podcast Trip, Oct 2011- AKV Jambo*Food & Wine Festival*, Dec/Jan 2012-AKV Jambo, June 2012- DCL & Our Ceremony on Castaway Cay

DisDan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:28 AM   #919
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad to hear that Paul is getting better!!! We keep up with y'all on Facebook and get jealous when we see your " check ins " at the World hehe So very happy for you and your new job!!!! I know that is a relief on your part! Good luck with that
Thank you, thank you! So excited for you with your WDW trip getting closer and closer!

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: