Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #61
Jeff & Stacy in NYC
Mouseketeer

We mailed our consent forms. It's so exciting, everyone, the trip is on!!

The only thing left to do is the airplane. However, we can't decide what to do about adding on nights. Are any of you folks adding on time?

We can't wait to meet everyone in person. I love being able to get to know you all on the boards!

Jeff & Stacy in NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #62
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Hi All,

Just thought I'd pop on over to say I'll be joining you on this ABD trip. I just got back from a week at DLR and loved it. I'm looking forward to seeing you next summer!

Nikki

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #63
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics

adding days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff & Stacy in NYC View Post

The only thing left to do is the airplane. However, we can't decide what to do about adding on nights. Are any of you folks adding on time?

We can't wait to meet everyone in person. I love being able to get to know you all on the boards!
I mailed back my consent forms on Monday too

We will most likely be adding days at well but probably before the trip as we have tentatively talked about flying into SF, spending a few days there and then driving down to LA.

We'll probably fly out of LAX on the Friday night the trip ends as that will get us back to New Zealand on Sunday morning NZ time (we loose Saturday going over the dateline) and then back to work on the Monday.

The advantage with travelling in July for us is that its our winter so it gives us a nice warm weather holiday.

paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #64
Jeff & Stacy in NYC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulasillars View Post
I mailed back my consent forms on Monday too

We will most likely be adding days at well but probably before the trip as we have tentatively talked about flying into SF, spending a few days there and then driving down to LA.

We'll probably fly out of LAX on the Friday night the trip ends as that will get us back to New Zealand on Sunday morning NZ time (we loose Saturday going over the dateline) and then back to work on the Monday.

The advantage with travelling in July for us is that its our winter so it gives us a nice warm weather holiday.
That sounds super! Do you think you'll fit in a stop at the Disney Family Museum while you are in SF? I've heard such wonderful things about it. That would be such a special way to start the festivities!!

Old 08-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #65
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics

Disney Family Museum

Quote:
That sounds super! Do you think you'll fit in a stop at the Disney Family Museum while you are in SF? I've heard such wonderful things about it. That would be such a special way to start the festivities!!
I definitely hope to and also visit Alcatraz. We've never been to SF so hope to spend a good few days there to look around and get a real feel for the city.

Also hope to take it slow driving down so we can stop and visit places along the way.

paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #66
SaraMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi Jeff and Stacy,

my sister and I are adding on one day before, just with flights we want to make sure we are there with some time to spare. And perhaps a little In and Out burger too.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:00 AM   #67
mr. figment
Moving buddy? You can't be serious!

Sending off our forms this morning. Another step closer. I am concerned about this trip. I am afraid that I will like it too much. Then I will be conflicted on whether to go to a Disney Park, take a cruise or take an ABD trip for a vacation. I'm kidding, but am thankful in this day and age, we can afford to take a vacation.

Anyone know how full the other trips are?

mr. figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:59 AM   #68
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We would love to add a couple of days at the end, so we'll be trying to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Hi All,

Just thought I'd pop on over to say I'll be joining you on this ABD trip. I just got back from a week at DLR and loved it. I'm looking forward to seeing you next summer!

Nikki
Yay! I'll look forward to meeting you in person, and reading more book club selections in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. figment View Post
Sending off our forms this morning. Another step closer. I am concerned about this trip. I am afraid that I will like it too much. Then I will be conflicted on whether to go to a Disney Park, take a cruise or take an ABD trip for a vacation. I'm kidding, but am thankful in this day and age, we can afford to take a vacation.

Anyone know how full the other trips are?
You may indeed become addicted to ABD. We just got back from our trip a few weeks ago, and we're signed up for this one. With the price, we were sure the first trip would be a once in a lifetime trip. AND they really do spoil you on the trip!

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:04 AM   #69
sshaw10060
DIS Veteran

I think we are planning to come in one day early and visit the coast for the day and stay two days after to see the parks.

sshaw10060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #70
Jeff & Stacy in NYC
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!! Too much to quote!

Paula: That sounds like a great way to start off the trip. Jeff has been to SF, but I haven't. Some day we'll get there together. I'm dying to see the museum!

Sara: Jeff wanted to fit in a stop at In-n-Out on our last trip, but we just couldn't do it. This itinerary really keeps you on the go! Just one extra day is something to consider.

Lisa: We also want to have time at the end, because we are soo exhausted! And that'll give me time to plan my packing; you know how much I love LAX!!

Hi Nikki!! Can't wait to meet you in person!!

Mr. Figment: Absolutely, this trip is incredibly addicting! We signed up for this past July trip in May and haven't stopped talking about it since!! The day we got home, we signed up for this one. It's an amazing experience!

Old 08-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #71
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

Morning Friends!

What's on everyone's agenda for the day? I'm still suffering from major jet lag thanks to my Cali trip, but am hoping to get a few things done. I woke up at 10:40 this morning!! -gasp- Not a good start, I know.

The school year is coming closer and closer as we speak. For those of you who do not know, I teach fifth grade reading and language arts and absolutely love my job. I'm excited to go back, but we don't until early September.

I'm hoping to add two or three days to the end of the ABD trip for extra park time. I'm more than likely going to use my DVC points and just stay at the Grand. It was nice when I spent some time there last week with friends. Storyteller's breakfast was also great.

Speaking of which, as time gets closer would anyone be interesting in planning a character meal for us all? I think a breakfast could be fun.

Have a good day, all!

Nikki

Follow Me on Twitter

2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
Old 08-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #72
sshaw10060
DIS Veteran

I just used Marriott points to get a night pre-ABD at the Renaissance. The point cost seemed cheap for the location/quality of the hotel.

sshaw10060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #73
Jeff & Stacy in NYC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post

The school year is coming closer and closer as we speak. For those of you who do not know, I teach fifth grade reading and language arts and absolutely love my job. I'm excited to go back, but we don't until early September.
Nikki
It's a small world after all! Jeff and I are teachers, too! We both teach 6th grade Language Arts, though he usually has to split his program with Spanish as well.

We just can't make up our minds about the extra nights!

Old 08-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #74
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

Very cool! That's something we have in common then.

I still need to look up how much per night it is at the Grand.

Follow Me on Twitter

Old 08-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #75
SleepingAriel28
Disney Tardis

extra nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraMc View Post
Hi Jeff and Stacy,

my sister and I are adding on one day before, just with flights we want to make sure we are there with some time to spare. And perhaps a little In and Out burger too.
I think that we are gonna arrive the night before maybe even Friday night and then stay until the following Sunday since i have to go back to work on Monday i can only take 5 days off of work.
SleepingAriel28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: