Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 04:26 AM   #16
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics
 
paulasillars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,750

Confirmed & Intro

I'm guessing now the announcement has been made, this trip will fill pretty quick. Wow!

I'm happy to edit my post at #2 to include those who are confirmed - would this be of any use/interest?

Also, thought it might be good to do a quick intro...

I'm Paula and I'm 36. I'm English by birth but have lived in New Zealand since I was 5. I'm leaving my partner at home to look after the furkids for this trip, he's says he'd rather a new road bike and it won't be the first time I've travelled with out him and dare say it won't be the last By profession, I'm an IT consultant... a geek and I've been totally obsessed by Disney for as long as I can remember and as the years go on, the obsession increases.

I'm traveling with Mum, her name is Marian, she's 65 and works as a volunteer at the local wildlife park. She's not a member of the Dis but I tell her whats going on and she will often listen to the show - usually while we are away on non-Disney trips (it is possible...)

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all, I'm trying to make an effort to make it to the chat room occasionally - just as long as my boss doesn't find out as its the middle of my work day I'm also on Facebook - should be easy to find and just put you are a Dis friend or similar.

I can hardly wait!
__________________
Paula in Aotearoa - New Zealand - Middle Earth



paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #17
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran
 
Chropistopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff & Stacy in NYC View Post
We would LOVE to travel with you folks again! We miss you all already!
Same here but, like Kristen, I'm waiting on the London/Paris info. I don't know that I can manage both trips in one year.

Oh...this time last week...we were playing in the park before open.
__________________
Christy

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #18
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances
 
WebmasterJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,713
DISboards Administrator

Please make sure you check the first post for updates and news on this adventure!!
__________________

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #19
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran
 
NitroStitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff & Stacy in NYC View Post
We would LOVE to travel with you folks again! We miss you all already!
I miss all of you too!! And.....WE'RE GOING AGAIN!!! This trip! We already wanted to go again, but Marty Sklar pushed us over the "want to go back" to "MUST GO NOW!" Can't wait to travel with the two of you...and Pete and Walter...and Corey and Julie...and everyone else on the new trip!

(we are crazy...good thing we have almost a year to pay for it!!)
__________________


I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #20
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,889
DISboards Moderator

If you have already submitted your request....I have it and will be booking it today.


If you have yet to submit your request, the number of available spaces for this date are dwindling.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #21
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran
 
NitroStitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,197

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
If you have already submitted your request....I have it and will be booking it today.


If you have yet to submit your request, the number of available spaces for this date are dwindling.
Whew!!
__________________


I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #22
SaraMc
DIS Veteran
 
SaraMc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Burlington, ON
Posts: 2,306

Well I too will introduce myself.

Im Sara, Im 35 and am Canadian. I live about a hour outside of Toronto. I will be leaving my two kids and husband behind for this adventure. My DS is 4 and DD is 1. I dont feel too guilty about leaving them behind as we are also going to the world in Feb.

My sister Bonnie lives in Winnipeg, Manitoba and is coming with me on this trip. We love travelling together and when I saw this podcast trip come up we decided we had to do this.

Now she isnt on the boards, but Im trying. She's a geography prof. and very busy but I think it wont be too hard to at least get her to go into chat.

I myself manage a large retail craft store here. I work far to many hours and my staff is all ready hearing me say, you know this time next year.. I'll be in Disneyland.

Cant wait to meet you all!!
__________________
SaraMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #23
mr. figment
Moving buddy? You can't be serious!
 
mr. figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 189

Howdy y'all. Kevin and Christine here from Fort Wayne, Indiana. We just got our confirmation that we are signed up to go. Looking forward to this. It'll be my second trip to DL and Christine's first. When I heard the Marty Sklar addition on the way in to work (lumber yard), I knew this was a once in a lifetime experience.
__________________
Kevin Z -
ABD 2011 - Kermit hands!!!

mr. figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #24
Jeff & Stacy in NYC
Mouseketeer
 
Jeff & Stacy in NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStitch View Post
I miss all of you too!! And.....WE'RE GOING AGAIN!!! This trip! We already wanted to go again, but Marty Sklar pushed us over the "want to go back" to "MUST GO NOW!" Can't wait to travel with the two of you...and Pete and Walter...and Corey and Julie...and everyone else on the new trip!

(we are crazy...good thing we have almost a year to pay for it!!)
It's a good kind of crazy! We are looking forward to next year already!
__________________
Jeff Stacy Duchess

Jeff & Stacy in NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #25
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran
 
NitroStitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff & Stacy in NYC View Post
It's a good kind of crazy! We are looking forward to next year already!
It's definitely a good kind of crazy - an expensive kind of crazy, but a good kind!

I haven't even started seriously going through my pictures yet, and I'm already really looking forward to next year too!
__________________


I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #26
Jeff & Stacy in NYC
Mouseketeer
 
Jeff & Stacy in NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStitch View Post
It's definitely a good kind of crazy - an expensive kind of crazy, but a good kind!

I haven't even started seriously going through my pictures yet, and I'm already really looking forward to next year too!
It's expensive - no argument there. But worth every single penny! We're already talking about the items we left behind at WED. It feels good knowing we can go back and look for them or similar items.

I am not surprised that you haven't gone through all your pictures - you took a BILLION of them!
__________________
Jeff Stacy Duchess

Jeff & Stacy in NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #27
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran
 
NitroStitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff & Stacy in NYC View Post
It's expensive - no argument there. But worth every single penny! We're already talking about the items we left behind at WED. It feels good knowing we can go back and look for them or similar items.

I am not surprised that you haven't gone through all your pictures - you took a BILLION of them!
I completely agree that every penny spent on the ABD trip and the merchandise was worth it! It will be nice to go back to WED with more opportunities to pick up things we left behind - or similar items, like you suggested.

I probably took around 5,000 pictures on the trip (low for me, probably because of photo restrictions), and I know a bunch will be throwaways. They definitely take a while to go through! Too bad we all have to work for a living and that interferes with the fun!
__________________


I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #28
mr. figment
Moving buddy? You can't be serious!
 
mr. figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 189

I'm relistening to the first podcast show about this ABD tour and I'm not sure if I'm more excited about going on the Disney Dream next year or the ABD trip.
__________________
Kevin Z -
ABD 2011 - Kermit hands!!!

mr. figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #29
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran
 
Chropistopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStitch View Post
I completely agree that every penny spent on the ABD trip and the merchandise was worth it! It will be nice to go back to WED with more opportunities to pick up things we left behind - or similar items, like you suggested.

I probably took around 5,000 pictures on the trip (low for me, probably because of photo restrictions), and I know a bunch will be throwaways. They definitely take a while to go through! Too bad we all have to work for a living and that interferes with the fun!
WOW!! 5000! I can't wait to see the pictures though.
__________________
Christy

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #30
ragtopday
Proud Member of Red Sox Nation
 
ragtopday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 655

Sold out - boo hoo!

Now I can sit back and live vicariously through Jeff, Stacy, Lisa and Paul who I'd love to travel with again, but will have to be another trip.

Can't wait to see some of those THOUSANDS of photos Lisa!

All those going on this trip - you are going to have an AMAZING trip! But you knew that!
__________________
Kristen DD13 Karen : , DD10 Brynn


ragtopday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: