Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #61
deann
Disneyland too many times to count!!! and many more still to come
Disney Adventurer
 
deann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanWasHere View Post
I was at the Freehold Mall last week and saw the "Coming Soon" sign on the Disney store! I can't wait for it to open. I go to the outlets more than the mall though, but once it opens again maybe I'll visit there more

I can't take off that Monday bc I work in a school and we aren't allowed to take off the day after a break. I would love to add 2 days on though and leave on Sunday. If I'm tired at work that Monday - I don't care haha! I haven't really looked into where just yet. I'd love to stay at GCV. I wonder if there will be any DVC or AP discounts at that time for rooms there? We'll have to check as it gets closer. Were you looking for a roommate? Did you check out the thread for solo travelers looking? My roommate and I met up on one of the threads - so it should be a lot of fun!! Let's def set something up for December.

I love AKV! I stayed in a Jambo House studio for my b-day in '08. It was awesome! I haven't packed yet - but that will be my focus of the weekend. Excited to stay at VWL as I've never stayed there. This is the 4th trip to BCV and that's my favorite! 4 more days.....
I was wondering if you had to work Monday. We always get the Monday after spring break off. Another reason why I like my schedule. Although, it is hard starting back so early. My second week will be over tomorrow though! Only 3 more weeks until I go to DL again!
deann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #62
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,907
DISboards Moderator

I have added a list of those traveling on the ABD who have givem me permission to add their names.

If you would like me to add yours.....just drop me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #63
deann
Disneyland too many times to count!!! and many more still to come
Disney Adventurer
 
deann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
A List of Who's Going....

SusanWasHere - Susan
JWren1234 - Jason
deann - DeAnn
Webmaster Pete - Pete
AKA Scar - Walter
safetymom - Kathy
Newmouse2008 - Teresa

If you'd like to be added to the list....just let me know.
Yeah! I'm on the list!
deann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #64
SusanWasHere
I'm on the left
Jimmy Kimmel wears a thong (just sayin')
 
SusanWasHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jackson, NJ
Posts: 984

Quote:
Originally Posted by deann View Post
I was wondering if you had to work Monday. We always get the Monday after spring break off. Another reason why I like my schedule. Although, it is hard starting back so early. My second week will be over tomorrow though! Only 3 more weeks until I go to DL again!
We normally do have that day off - but we don't this year. Hmmm, isn't that the day after Easter? I just quadruple-checked the calendar and we don't have it off. Thank you for all the info about staying near Disneyland - I am sure I will have more questions as time goes on! I wouldn't mind staying offsite and close by. Esp for the much cheaper rate.

And yeah! I'm on the list too!!!!
__________________
'93-POFQ, '96-Offsite, '00-Caribe Royale, '05-Paradise Orlando, '06-BCV, '07-BCV, '07-CSR, '08-Pop, '08-Pop, '09-AKV, '09-BCV,'09 - BWV, '10-POFQ, '10-ASMu/Sp,'10-VWL/BCV,'10-VWL,'11-Grand Californian, '11-ASMo, '11-VWL/BCV, '11-ASSp, '11-OKW, '11-Pop, '12-ASMu, '12-ASMo, '12-BWV, '13-Pop/SSR, '13-VWL/BCV
SusanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #65
robinm1215
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 259

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanWasHere View Post
I was at the Freehold Mall last week and saw the "Coming Soon" sign on the Disney store! I can't wait for it to open. I go to the outlets more than the mall though, but once it opens again maybe I'll visit there more

I can't take off that Monday bc I work in a school and we aren't allowed to take off the day after a break. I would love to add 2 days on though and leave on Sunday. If I'm tired at work that Monday - I don't care haha! I haven't really looked into where just yet. I'd love to stay at GCV. I wonder if there will be any DVC or AP discounts at that time for rooms there? We'll have to check as it gets closer. Were you looking for a roommate? Did you check out the thread for solo travelers looking? My roommate and I met up on one of the threads - so it should be a lot of fun!! Let's def set something up for December.

I love AKV! I stayed in a Jambo House studio for my b-day in '08. It was awesome! I haven't packed yet - but that will be my focus of the weekend. Excited to stay at VWL as I've never stayed there. This is the 4th trip to BCV and that's my favorite! 4 more days.....
I'm still contemplating where to stay after the trip. I know I really just want to stay at the Grand Californian, but we'll have to see. Maybe there will be some discounts, you never know I actually never looked for a roommate, just signed up. So I never checked any of the threads.

If you are thinking of coming back on Sunday, Continental has a bunch of earlier flights as well as the red eye. I was just thinking of doing the red eye so as to maximize my time that last day. But you could always take an earlier one -- you'd definitely be tired at work the next day but you'd have an extra day in Disney!

I love AKV too! It's probably my favorite place on property. I'm afraid I'll miss it in October. But I am excited to stay at BCV and be within walking distance to Epcot. Definitely a huge plus!

I'm staying at Jambo in a value studio in December. Hoping for a savannah view -- last time I got lucky so hopefully I will this time too! We'll definitely have to meet up in December! Looking forward to it!

Hope you're packing is going well and you're getting excited for your trip. How long are you going for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deann View Post
Another ABDer!

Hello! I'm going on the trip and will be sharing a room with Susan. I will also be at WDW in Dec. I am going on the Podcast Cruise Dec. 12-16 and then staying at Pop until the 23rd. There is a unofficial podcast cruise event on Dec. 17 at Epcot. I don't know if you would want to stay another day for that. If not then maybe we can all meet up on the 16th?

I'm not really sure how crowded DL will be after the ABD trip. But I do know that Friday and Saturday are blockout days for all AP holders except premiums. So there won't be as many passholders those days.

I thought I would share some information about DL as I am not sure how much everyone knows about the differences between DL and WDW. I have a premium AP (well actually a premier pass since I also have a WDW AP). I go to DL quite often. This year I have probably been 7 or 8 times.

As you probably know DL is a lot smaller than WDW. It only takes maybe a minute to walk from DL's entrance to DCA's entrance. It is only a 5 minute walk to the onsite hotels. It can also be a 5 or 10 minute walk to an offsite hotel. I always stay offsite as it is much cheaper. I use Priceline and usually get a 3 1/2 star hotel for $50-$60 a night with all taxes and fees included. Some hotels may charge a resort fee or parking so it could add another $15-20 to the price. I usually get the Hyatt, Sheraton, Marriot, Crown Plaza, or Hilton for that price. If you want to be within walking distance to DL, I would not take a chance with Priceline. Most hotels have ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) or free shuttles. I don't remember how much ART is, but it usually leaves about every 30 min. A lot of people on the Disneyland boards love Hojos and I have also read that the Candy Cane Inn is a good hotel. I've never stayed there as Priceline is usually cheaper and I always drive down to DL, so being close to the parks isn't a big deal for me.

There is a huge price difference in staying onsite vs. offsite. For example, currently the price for 2 nights after the trip at DL Paradise Pier is $725, the Grand Californian is over $1,000 and Hojos is $320. If you took a gamble on Priceline, you might be paying $100-120 for two nights. Of course there is always the possibility of discounts, but I am not sure how often DL offers discounts. I know you wrote that you wanted to stay at the Grand Californian, but I thought I would give you some information just in case. Also, hopefully it will help out any other ABDers who are thinking about staying pre or post ABD.

I hope that helps out a bit. If anyone else has questions about DL or hotels, feel free to ask. I would also recommend checking out the Disneyland board as there is tons of information there about hotels, the differences between WDW, Fastpass info, how to plan your day, etc...

I can't wait for the trip! Hopefully we can meet up at WDW in December.
Hi DeAnn! Thanks so much for all of the Disneyland info. I know WDW like the back of my hand, but I feel so lost about Disneyland. I knew that it was a lot smaller so staying off site should not be as big of a deal as it is in WDW. But I am still leaning towards staying at the Grand Californian -- I know it will be a lot more expensive though so I am still thinking about it!

And thanks for the tip about the Disneyland board. I will definitely check it out. There's probably some good info over there!

For December, my flight is already booked, so I leave on the 17th. My flight is not until later that evening, but it might be better if we plan to meet up on the 16th. We'll figure something out -- looking forward to meeting both you and Susan!
__________________
Robin


robinm1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:36 AM   #66
Yvet
♫ She is a dancing queen ♪ One of the Netherpeople
Has quite a unique FE
 
Yvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,035

Whoohoo we just booked this adventure

We already have booked our airfare.
We booked all our flights with award miles from United.

Our trips starts at April 15th then we leave Amsterdam in the morning (our time) and arrive in Chicago early afternoon (US time).
We fly from Chicago to LAX and arrive late afternoon in LA.

We are going to use the time before the ABD trip to spend some time in Westwood and at the UCLA campus. I want to show Emiel where i spend my 6 weeks study in 2006.

After the ABD trip we stay an extra day we are going to stay off property for 1 night and we leave California on April 23 to spend the rest of our vacation at WDW.

Emiel has visit DL twice:
1990 with his parents and sister
2000 together with me

I visited DL also twice:
2000 with Emiel
2006 during my 6 weeks English Language course at UCLA i spend a weekend at DL totally alone and loved loved loved it!! I bought a Californian resident Annual Pass. This trip i also did the walk in Walt's footsteps tour.

We both visited WDW many many times.

Our next trip is this December, we arrive December 10th and leave December 27th ofcourse we will be on PCC2.0!!

We are soooo looking forward going on this ABD adventure with all of you!!
__________________

Upcomming Trip:
WDW: May 9th 2013
DCL: May 18th EBTA

...
Previous Trips:
ABD: 2011 (Backstage Magic)
DCL: 2008 (Western) - 2009 (PCC1.0) - 2010 (EBTA, MED, PCC2.0) - 2012 (PCC3.0, PCC4.0)
DL, 2000 - 2006 - 2011.
DLRP, 1995 - 1996 - 2002 - 2003 - 2007 - 2008 - 2011 - 2012.
WDW, 1999 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 (april/may + dec) - 2009 (april/may + dec) - 2010 (april/may + dec) - 2011 (april/may + dec) - 2012 (June + Dec).
Yvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #67
SusanWasHere
I'm on the left
Jimmy Kimmel wears a thong (just sayin')
 
SusanWasHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jackson, NJ
Posts: 984

Hello Robin! Let's def set something with DeAnn up for the 16th! And maybe Yvet and Emiel since they'll be there the same time! We can do a mini-ABD meet before our trip! Jason - will you be at WDW in December by any chance??

I leave tomorrow for a 12 day trip and haven't started packing yet. I really should get moving since I have to leave my house around 2 am. I guess I'm waiting to feel the pressure LOL. I was just there for 9 days in July and left all my stuff in one general area after getting back. So really I just have to organize it into suitcases. See.... I'll say anything to procrastinate!!

I look forward to meeting you Yvet! And Emiel! I've heard you on the Podcast and you always having me cracking up while I'm walking. People probably think I'm crazy laughing while walking by myself I wonder if our ABD trip will stay small bc of the holiday. I really wouldn't mind, I think it would be fun to have a smaller group. We'll def get to know each other by the end, that's for sure.

I also signed up for the DATW at Epcot on the 17th of December, so I'll see a few of you then. This is really making me excited for the upcoming trips! April is going to be a blast

And lastly, I'll be seeing Teresa tomorrow at the Echol's meet and believe Kathy will be there as well. So I'll meet 2 of our other ABDers! Can't wait!
__________________
'93-POFQ, '96-Offsite, '00-Caribe Royale, '05-Paradise Orlando, '06-BCV, '07-BCV, '07-CSR, '08-Pop, '08-Pop, '09-AKV, '09-BCV,'09 - BWV, '10-POFQ, '10-ASMu/Sp,'10-VWL/BCV,'10-VWL,'11-Grand Californian, '11-ASMo, '11-VWL/BCV, '11-ASSp, '11-OKW, '11-Pop, '12-ASMu, '12-ASMo, '12-BWV, '13-Pop/SSR, '13-VWL/BCV
SusanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #68
deann
Disneyland too many times to count!!! and many more still to come
Disney Adventurer
 
deann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvet View Post
Whoohoo we just booked this adventure

We already have booked our airfare.
We booked all our flights with award miles from United.

Our trips starts at April 15th then we leave Amsterdam in the morning (our time) and arrive in Chicago early afternoon (US time).
We fly from Chicago to LAX and arrive late afternoon in LA.

We are going to use the time before the ABD trip to spend some time in Westwood and at the UCLA campus. I want to show Emiel where i spend my 6 weeks study in 2006.

After the ABD trip we stay an extra day we are going to stay off property for 1 night and we leave California on April 23 to spend the rest of our vacation at WDW.

Emiel has visit DL twice:
1990 with his parents and sister
2000 together with me

I visited DL also twice:
2000 with Emiel
2006 during my 6 weeks English Language course at UCLA i spend a weekend at DL totally alone and loved loved loved it!! I bought a Californian resident Annual Pass. This trip i also did the walk in Walt's footsteps tour.

We both visited WDW many many times.

Our next trip is this December, we arrive December 10th and leave December 27th ofcourse we will be on PCC2.0!!

We are soooo looking forward going on this ABD adventure with all of you!!
Welcome Yvet and Emiel!

My niece wants to go to UCLA. We visited the campus about a month ago. It is beautiful.

I will also be on PCC2.0! It's my first Disney cruise. I am real excited. ABDers Robin and Susan will also be at WDW in December. We are planning on having a ABD mini-meet Dec. 16th, before Robin leaves. We haven't worked out any details yet. Susan and I are signed up to do the DATW event on the 17th.

I have two good friends from university who live in Amsterdam. I have visited about 3 times. One time I was there for Queen's Day! Wow! It was crazy, but so much fun!
deann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #69
deann
Disneyland too many times to count!!! and many more still to come
Disney Adventurer
 
deann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 208

Susan, we must have been typing our post at the same time! Hope you have a great trip! I am so jealous, except for the hot weather at WDW! It is going to be in the 100s this week here but we have a very dry heat. I am a wimp when it comes to the humidity and heat. One year I was at WDW in October and I thought it was hot!

Now, go pack! Have fun and say hello to Mickey for me!
deann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #70
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!
 
JWren1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvet View Post
Whoohoo we just booked this adventure

We already have booked our airfare.
We booked all our flights with award miles from United.

Our trips starts at April 15th then we leave Amsterdam in the morning (our time) and arrive in Chicago early afternoon (US time).
We fly from Chicago to LAX and arrive late afternoon in LA.

We are going to use the time before the ABD trip to spend some time in Westwood and at the UCLA campus. I want to show Emiel where i spend my 6 weeks study in 2006.

After the ABD trip we stay an extra day we are going to stay off property for 1 night and we leave California on April 23 to spend the rest of our vacation at WDW.

Emiel has visit DL twice:
1990 with his parents and sister
2000 together with me

I visited DL also twice:
2000 with Emiel
2006 during my 6 weeks English Language course at UCLA i spend a weekend at DL totally alone and loved loved loved it!! I bought a Californian resident Annual Pass. This trip i also did the walk in Walt's footsteps tour.

We both visited WDW many many times.

Our next trip is this December, we arrive December 10th and leave December 27th ofcourse we will be on PCC2.0!!

We are soooo looking forward going on this ABD adventure with all of you!!
Hi Yvet! Looking forward to meeting you and Emiel on the trip...I've heard you on the podcast and can't wait to meet you in person!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #71
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!
 
JWren1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanWasHere View Post
Hello Robin! Let's def set something with DeAnn up for the 16th! And maybe Yvet and Emiel since they'll be there the same time! We can do a mini-ABD meet before our trip! Jason - will you be at WDW in December by any chance??

I leave tomorrow for a 12 day trip and haven't started packing yet. I really should get moving since I have to leave my house around 2 am. I guess I'm waiting to feel the pressure LOL. I was just there for 9 days in July and left all my stuff in one general area after getting back. So really I just have to organize it into suitcases. See.... I'll say anything to procrastinate!!

I look forward to meeting you Yvet! And Emiel! I've heard you on the Podcast and you always having me cracking up while I'm walking. People probably think I'm crazy laughing while walking by myself I wonder if our ABD trip will stay small bc of the holiday. I really wouldn't mind, I think it would be fun to have a smaller group. We'll def get to know each other by the end, that's for sure.

I also signed up for the DATW at Epcot on the 17th of December, so I'll see a few of you then. This is really making me excited for the upcoming trips! April is going to be a blast

And lastly, I'll be seeing Teresa tomorrow at the Echol's meet and believe Kathy will be there as well. So I'll meet 2 of our other ABDers! Can't wait!
Hi Susan,
I'm not going to be at WDW in December (not enough vacation time). I was wondering the same thing this morning about the size of our group, I'm interested to see how many people sign up!

Have a nice time at Teresa's meet tomorrow!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #72
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,907
DISboards Moderator

Hi folks...

Just so everyone knows....we have limited the Dis ABD Adventures to 30 people including the Podcast Crew.

The July trip actually has 31 signed on.

Kevin
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #73
bigmoonmullen
Disney Adventurer
 
bigmoonmullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,202

Hi Kevin,

You can add Louise & me to the list.

Mark
__________________
2002 - Offsite - (Feb)
2004 - POP / BC (Sep/Oct)
2007 - AKL / WL (Nov/Dec)
2008 - Dolphin / OKW (Nov/Dec)
2009 - Dolphin (Oct)
2010 - Swan / POD2.0 / Swan (Dec)
2011 - ABD - Backstage Magic Tour (Apr)
2011 - Oct - Fun with friends
2012 - May - VWL & BCV
2012 - Oct - BCV & DCL Fantasy
Upcoming:
2012 - Dec - BCV & DCL Fantasy
bigmoonmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #74
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,907
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoonmullen View Post
Hi Kevin,

You can add Louise & me to the list.

Mark
Done!
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #75
bigmoonmullen
Disney Adventurer
 
bigmoonmullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,202

Hello everyone,

Louise & I are from suburbs of St. Louis (Go Cardinals) and first went to WDW in 2002 along with my brother’s family and my father. I have to stay I was stunned on how much I enjoyed this trip. I did not know really what to expect... as it turned out it was all good.

The first time I went down Main Street I had chills running up and down my spine. I kept thinking… hey you’re in your mid-40’s what the heck is this all about… Are you nuts? Well maybe so, but it’s a good nuts.

While watching Fantasmic one of my nieces was yelling to Mickey... "Run Mickey Run" while the dragon was chasing Mickey... what a great memory.

We have been going back most years since. We love the fall & Christmas time feel at WDW.

This will be our first trip to Disneyland and what away to see it... with a bunch of Fantastic fellow Disers and some of the Podcast team.

We are leaning towards adding on 1 day prior (probably Renaissance Hollywood Hotel) and 1 day post tour to take in what we may have missed at Disneyland / California Adventure (not sure where). Sort of would like to stay at the Disneyland Resort for one day to get its flavor.

We can't wait to meet you all. We will be on POD2.0 (12/9 - 12/18) and I'm sure we will run into many of you there. DATW, Post MVMCP along with all the Cruise activities.

See you all real soon

Mark
__________________
2002 - Offsite - (Feb)
2004 - POP / BC (Sep/Oct)
2007 - AKL / WL (Nov/Dec)
2008 - Dolphin / OKW (Nov/Dec)
2009 - Dolphin (Oct)
2010 - Swan / POD2.0 / Swan (Dec)
2011 - ABD - Backstage Magic Tour (Apr)
2011 - Oct - Fun with friends
2012 - May - VWL & BCV
2012 - Oct - BCV & DCL Fantasy
Upcoming:
2012 - Dec - BCV & DCL Fantasy
bigmoonmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: