Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #61
stitchlover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by planaholic View Post
1pm? Really.
Lindsay,

Keep in mind that I am just going by the information on the ABD site. I'm sure Kevin will clear this up if I am wrong. But the ABD site says arrive at LAX no later than 1pm. Then it says on departure day that there are shuttles going to LAX or SNA at 11am, 1pm and 4pm.

I am just basing my flight arrangements on those times. As I said I'm sure Kevin will clear it up if we don't actually need to be at LAX by 1pm. I'm thinking about taking an American Airlines flight that will get me there about 11:30.

Hope this helps!

See ya!
ASMo 2006, POFQ 2007, WL 2008, Disneyland Paradise Pier 2008, Polynesian 2009, AKL 2010, Grand Floridian 2011, DIS ABD Backstage Magic 2/11, Wilderness Lodge 2011, Beach Club 2012, DCL 2012, AKL Kidani Village 2013, ASSports 2013, Disneyland 2013, Boardwalk & Saratoga Springs 2013

[/url]
stitchlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #62
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

Quote:
Originally Posted by planaholic View Post
1pm? Really. That means I will be taking a 5:30am flight out of the airport that is 1.5 hours away from my house. To say I will be tired, is a bit of an understatement

Ah, the joys of living in the pseudo-rural south!

Pure-excitement will see me through, I'm sure!
ABD asks that everyone be "on the ground" by 1:00pm.

This allows the transportation folks to make sure everyone is at the hotel, checked in and has a chance to freshen up (or nap) before the Welcome Dinner.

The good news is that the first day doesnt have a lot planned activities, so that if you need to make it an early night....you can.

That being said...the next morning starts early with a fullmorning and part of the afternoon.

Hope that helps.
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #63
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

I noticed this the other night. Early morning for me as well!

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #64
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

I have been on the 9am Minneapolis to LAX flight more times than I can count. It arrives at 11am, so that will be great. It's nice when my work travel knowledge comes in handy.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * Next up: 2014 Glass Slipper
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:45 PM   #65
jennselke
Earning My Ears

Where to stay, getting the hang of the boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Enabler View Post
Jen - We met on the Backstage tour last year. It will be great to meet your husband and spend time with you again. You won't be able to say you haven't been to Disneyland anymore. :-) Michael and I will also be driving down. We are planning on staying two days on both ends of the trip.
Where do you like to stay? We will also come down before and try to stay after.

Still getting the hang of the boards. I thought I subscribed by email and then only got one post.

It is great to be part of a group of planners who don't think I'm crazy when I talk plans for FEB11. I have 3 trips to WDW before this one in Feb to Disneyland but never having been to Disneyland - it is a bit more stressful.
jennselke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:22 PM   #66
Merry Mousketeer
I've got a lot above my ears
We never miss them when we visit DL

Hello!

It's great to see that this trip is almost sold out! I was sure it would be the last one to sell out since it's the first one after the winter holidays and vacation.

Carol and I haven't totally decided on where we're staying before the trip. We keep going round and round about it. We'll keep you posted.

And you're right - planning is half the fun!!

Michael
Merry Mousketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:10 AM   #67
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennselke View Post
Where do you like to stay? We will also come down before and try to stay after.

Still getting the hang of the boards. I thought I subscribed by email and then only got one post.

It is great to be part of a group of planners who don't think I'm crazy when I talk plans for FEB11. I have 3 trips to WDW before this one in Feb to Disneyland but never having been to Disneyland - it is a bit more stressful.

One of the nice things about this trip is that it gives you the primo first tour of DLR. I'd never planned less, since so many things are set and taken care of, but always felt like I was getting the best of the best in terms of touring.

With extra days you can try different dining options and will have time to return to your favorites and see things not emphasized during the tour.

I have always stayed on property since getting an annual pass because the AP room discounts bring the DLR hotels into my price range. The discount has often been 40% off rack. They unfortunately sometimes don't announce the discounts until the month or a few weeks before, and since this is a holiday week the prices will be at a higher rate even with the discount. The Disneyland Hotel's central courtyard will be undergoing heavy renovation and construction this year, so I would stick with the Paradise Pier or Grand Californian for this trip. The PP has large, lovely rooms and nice theming. Their theme park view rooms look down into California Adventure and are very fun. It is also across the street from the Grand, and therefore only a slightly longer walk.

Many of the local hotels (HoJos, Candy Cane Inn, Fairview Inn and the Annabella to name a few) have devoted fans. I like the immersion factor of being on property so I haven't ventured out to Harbor Boulevard. There is lots of good information on the Disneyland threads about the different options.
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:35 AM   #68
bannermouse
Mouseketeer

We are adding two days after the ABD trip, that Friday and Saturday night. Still trying to decide whether or not to fly in a day early. Anyone who is coming in a day or two early, what do you plan to do those extra days? The Friday and Saturday after the ABD trip, we are planning on touring more of Disneyand and California Adventure, but not sure what we would do if we came in the one day early? Any suggestions?

Bannermouse
Old 08-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #69
bannermouse
Mouseketeer

Wanted to add to the post that if we would arrive Saturday, Feb. 19th, we would arrive at LAX at 1:10 pm. Coming in on Sunday, the 20th, we would arrive at LAX at 12:30 pm which is the earliest flight on Southwest from New Orleans.

Bannermouse
Old 08-17-2010, 08:04 AM   #70
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannermouse View Post
Still trying to decide whether or not to fly in a day early. Anyone who is coming in a day or two early, what do you plan to do those extra days? The Friday and Saturday after the ABD trip, we are planning on touring more of Disneyand and California Adventure, but not sure what we would do if we came in the one day early? Any suggestions?
I'm in the same situation at the moment before booking airfare. Originally, I was thinking of going to Las Vegas after the tour, but that didn't work out.

I've always wanted to visit the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library (about an hour north of LA), so I might do that either before or after. Decisions, decisions!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #71
carpedm
Armchair Imagineer

Trip Booked

Hi everyone. I just received confirmation that our reservation for this trip has been booked, so as Kevin said in the confirmation email, WE'RE GOING TO HOLLYWOOD!

It will just be my wife, Marci, and I. We're going to leave the kids with my parents who live in San Diego, although my wife is very nervous about this since the kids will be 22 months and 4 years old. We live in Walden, NY and will be traveling out a few days early to visit my parents before the adventure.

We're looking forward to meeting everyone.
carpedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #72
Plutes
Mouseketeer

We're staying a couple of nights both pre- and post- ABD. We'll be flying in on Friday night, the 18th, and I booked a room at Hojo's, based on stuff I read on the Disneyland board, plus a reasonable rate. (I think it was $98/night with the AAA discount). Our two post-nights (2/25 & 2/26), we used our DVC points at GCV.

We contemplated spending all of our extra time in the parks, but I've never been to California, so I kinda want to do the cheesy, touristy thing! I researched a few bus companies that run all-day trips to see the sights, and the prices weren't bad at all. Jimmy also has a friend who lives in San Diego, so we might try to work something out with him and his family, as well! Our post nights will definitely be spent exclusively at Disney, though!

Also, I think I goofed with our airfare. I didn't do enough of my homework, and never realized there were set times for the return shuttles. I booked us on the first flight out to Newark, departing at 7 am. With the time difference, it should get us back into NJ around 3:30 p.m. I figured that was our best bet, since we'll both be returning to work the following morning. (ICK! ) So, I guess now I'll be researching shuttle companies, too! My bad...

Plutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #73
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutes View Post
Also, I think I goofed with our airfare. I didn't do enough of my homework, and never realized there were set times for the return shuttles. I booked us on the first flight out to Newark, departing at 7 am. With the time difference, it should get us back into NJ around 3:30 p.m. I figured that was our best bet, since we'll both be returning to work the following morning. (ICK! ) So, I guess now I'll be researching shuttle companies, too! My bad...
If you booked this within 24 hours, you may still be able to get a refund or change it without penalty. If not, just wait until your airline inevitably makes a schedule change, then you can call them and ask to change the flight, and they will most likely allow you to change it without penalty, as long as there's space on the flight.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #74
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.

Concerning return transportation to LAX from the Grand California, (and I am sure Kevin will correct this if I am wrong), but on the First Dis/ADB trip, the return transfer to the airport was only valid during the last day of the ABD itinerary.

If you were staying past the last ABD day, you had to get yourself to the airport.

We are staying two extra days post trip at the GC, and figure on getting a town car or shuttle for our mid Sunday morning trip to LAX on 2/27/11.

Anyone interested in sharing a town car or van?
skunkvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #75
Merry Mousketeer
I've got a lot above my ears
We never miss them when we visit DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpedm View Post
Hi everyone. I just received confirmation that our reservation for this trip has been booked, so as Kevin said in the confirmation email, WE'RE GOING TO HOLLYWOOD!

It will just be my wife, Marci, and I. We're going to leave the kids with my parents who live in San Diego, although my wife is very nervous about this since the kids will be 22 months and 4 years old. We live in Walden, NY and will be traveling out a few days early to visit my parents before the adventure.

We're looking forward to meeting everyone.
Welcome to what I am confident will be the most fun of all the ABD trips! And remember, San Diego is a short drive from where we'll be! Our son is in the Navy and when he and his family were stationed in San Diego they'd drive up to meet us at Disneyland.
Merry Mousketeer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: